Prince Classic Graphite 107 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I wanted to wait for 90 days to pass before lending my observations on this racquet. While I have been playing for over 40 years, this racquet never seemed to interest me much. I now play doubles exclusively after not playing much doubles at all during my younger days. So, I am a newbie POG player and a new doubles player. I have never played with a better all-round, do-everything well frame. In doubles, I have made shots around the net in the last 90 days that I have never made in 40 years. Low volleys, punch volleys, swinging volleys, overhead smashes, this frame is a monster at net. When I read Chris Edwards review, I strung it with NXT Control at 63 lbs and this combo was PERFECT. I rarely hit long and I can generate some serious spin (back and top). Not being a natural doubles specialist, I find that there are three shots I had to have in USTA Doubles Leagues -- 1. a reliable spin serve, 2. a return of serve that is compact yet generates good pace and 3. a good first volley. This racquet easily produces all of these three shots. I'm not sure I could play three sets of singles with this beast, but I can easily play doubles for three sets. OK, maybe I can't hit a running one-handed backhand down the line, but I rarely need that shot in doubles, right? My only question is "was my ego in the way of trying this oversize?" Probably. I wanted to play with a modern players stick. I realize I enjoy winning more. You should see the eyes on my opponents when they drill me with a high volley just to see me block a winner back. Priceless.

Comments: I learned to play with a POG thirty years ago and have used many other racquets since (most recently the Babolat APD). After demoing this frame I felt like I was 20 years old again. It is such a smooth hitting racquet. It generates a lot of top spin and still has great feel, which is missing to today's high tech frames. I tried the 100 inch version first but it was not as comfortable to me as the 107. So, I have purchased one of these frames and I am loving every stroke. The 12+ ounces really has great plow through! And it does not feel like it is that heavy. I recommend this frame and I thank Prince for bringing back to ghost of Agassi, Chang, Coria, and my boyhood idol, Gene Mayer.
From: Mcbrat, 5/14

Comments: I have bought the Prince 100 LB, 100T ESP, Novak's stick, and 5 others this year so far. POG 107 truly surprised me today. It has the control of a 18x20 (Novak's stick) and the slice of 100T ESP (but deeper) and the feel of the Prince 100 LB. Serve wise, the 100T ESP still rules.
From: Santos, 4/14

Comments: I've managed to have held onto a few of these classics through the early 90's and onto the millennium. As the frames were re released over time, I did notice an ever so slight difference in the feel of the racquet. The shape and string patterns remained the same, only the cosmetics to be visibly different. But, the racquet has definitely changed in playability. I've heard the materials aren't quite the same as they were in the true original graphite. It's a little disappointing that Prince never really made a real up-to-date racquet that reinforced and extended the characteristics of. I'm making a transition to a modern racquet and have found a similar feel with the Yonex Vcore Xi 100. Can't really give a full review of how it's going just yet, but initially liked the feel from the first ground stroke.

Comments: I've been playing with the POG OS for years. I just bought two more back in June. Out of curiosity I demoed the "new" Classic Graphite 107. I didn't notice a difference between the current POG and the Classic Graphite. It felt the same, swung the same, played with the same predictability, etc. The string hole spacing was the same unless they changed it ever so slightly. The obvious difference is the look. It's a great racquet with plenty of control, stability, and feel. Not sure why you would want to spend $30 for basically the same racquet.

Prince Classic Graphite 107 Racquets - Where to go from here