Babolat Pure Control Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I was looking for a racquet that would allow me to get a better control, better feel, than the Babolat Pure Drive, and I can honestly say that I have found all that with the Babolat Pure Control. Although the head is a bit heavier than the Pure Drive, it would not take long to get used to it. The paint is really nice, and the 16x20 string pattern, will give you all that you need for these deep heavy spin shots. I was really surprise with the great feel and control at the net. Overall, I believe I have found my future racquet for the next 5 or 7 years. I am a 4.0 player. I strung with Babolat RPM Team 17g, full-bed, tension at 54 lbs.
From: Tim, 9/14

Comments: This racquet has the perfect blend of control and power. Strung with Vokyl Cyclone Tour at 56 lbs. It's a fine instrument. This will be my racquet of choice for quite some time.
From: Don, 5/14

Comments: I've been playing with the Pure Storm and in comparison to this there are significant differences in the feel and swingweight. While the specs say this is suppose to be more headlight, but the one I have has a high swingweight. The feel is bit more muted but still crisp and the frame seems slightly stiffer. I can transition to the Pure Conrol, but I just enjoy the feel more on the Pure Storms. It reminds me of the carbon X Pure Storms, so if you enjoyed those models you will probably enjoy these. I'm a baseliner at 4.5 level.
From: Jake, 4/14

Comments: I use Pure Storm. Decided to try this racquet and see if I can switch to it. It claims that it is similar to the Pure Storm. Here is what I found -- the specs are the same but it feels slightly heavier. It is more powerful, it has less control. The paint is nice. The stiffness feels the same. I tried it with the same strings and the same tension and decided not to switch for now.

Comments: My racquet of choice for a decade or more has been the Dunlop 300g; I demo'd this racquet for several hours having chose it because it is fairly close to the Dunlop in terms of weight, head size and classic box beam construction. The racquet has a very consistent feel, and is quite solid -- definitely old school in a good way. I think I was pushed around less than with my Dunlop racquet, but strangely the Babolat felt much heavier than the 300g; why? I think it is heavier in the head, despite the claim that it is 3 pts head light, just like the Dunlop. Or rather, perhaps it is just less aerodynamic, and therefore more difficult to swing quickly. Certainly a little harder to come over the ball on the serve. Anyway, it's a very nice stick, but perhaps a bit beyond my skill level as a 3.5 player.
From: Peter, 3/14

Comments: I demo'd this racquet yesterday and played for about 1 hour. This racquet gives a very comfortable feeling as it has very low harshness. The shot is very powerful and very precise. The only problem I would say is this racquet has a relative small sweet zone compared to my APD plus.
From: Harry, 2/14

Comments: I've been playing with the Pure Storm GT ever since it came out and I loved the switch to the Pure Control. The highlights I find with this frame is the stability, control, and swing speed. Every shot is solid and precise; this allows for a great feel for the ball and excellent shotmaking. I was surprised that this frame did feel slightly faster through the air than the Pure Storm GT. It does help the little bit for more spin and a faster swing overall. I love this frame and I can't wait to get a second!
From: Lee, 2/14

Comments: First impression -- cool paint job and nice feel when holding it. Got my Pure Control strung yesterday with Yonex PTP at 53 lbs (the unstrung weight is 300g). Comparing this to my APD, the Pure Control is softer and thiner, giving more feel and less power. Swing fast and the spin is OK. Being the most precise racquet line in Babolat, the Pure Control has really good directional control on all shots -- serves, groundstrokes and volleys. My backhand has improved with this one in depth and corsscourt shots, and the slice with this one is just impressive! The drawback is the lower power when serving and lack of depth while being defensive. Overall, a nice control racquet with good feel, plays well and is precise at shotmaking. The lower power requires a full stroke compared to the APD. A must try if you need both control and mobility.
From: Eddie, 1/14