Comments: I bought this used from TW strung with Prince Premier LT at what I would guess is about 57. I have to say this V1 isnt nearly as powerful or produces the spin of the older V1 catapult I used for many years. It has better control though. After a month I think I am playing better. I have another strung with Gripper which plays fine but bothers my arm. I highly recommend this frame to a range of player from beginners to 4.5. It serves & volleys very well and is controllable on baseline.
From: Ed, 6/12
String type and tension: Prince Premier @ 57 lbs

Comments: OS racquet with a blend of power and control, with reasonable feel. Having a neutral/head light balance, it doesn't swing or feel like the "usual" head-heavy OS racquets, despite its over-27"-length. Very arm/shoulder friendly. I have 2 and have played with poly/multi hybrid & VS team. String set-up and tensions behave "predictably." No frame failures. I've demoed many other tweener frames, midplus & OS and this suits my game best. Worth a demo if you're looking for an OS that feels and plays more like a even-balanced midplus than the "typical" lightweight head-heavy OS from other manufacturers.
From: Will. 6/11
String type and tension: VS Team @ 54 lbs

Comments: I have purchased two of these racquets for my daughter and each one has broken at the upper aspect of the racquet head at the edge of the plastic guard. I have watched her play and she does not slam the racquet into the ground at all--my son does much more damage to his Babolats and has yet to damage a frame. This has got to be a design flaw. Beware.
From: Edmund. 6/11
(Edmund, if your racquets were bought from us less than a year ago, please give us a call. They may be covered under warranty. -- TW Staff)

Comments: I did not like the racquet as I expected. This is neither a powerful, nor a control racquet.
It has a little of everything (control, power, etc.), but also it loses a lot of everything. The V1 Mid Plus is much more focused on control and perhaps it is a more coherent option. With the Oversize you loose some control, which would not be a problem if at the same time you obtain tons of more power, but this is not the case and this racquet is not part of the Volkl powerful ones in spite of the headsize.
The V1 MidPlus is in the middle with a focus in great mobility and comfort, with good control and medium-little power. With the Oversize we lose mobility (it is much harder to swing) and we also loose tons of control. The Volkl PowerBridge PB3 has very similar control as V1 Oversize but with much more power available, so I think it is a more coherent option because you know what you have and the control you lose is precisely because of the extra power you obtain.
From: Juan, Spain, 12/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre TGV 55 pounds

Comments: This is the best racquet I've played with in 20 years. The write up emphasizes its power - which in an oversize head 27.6 inch frame can be detrimental. However, once I found the right string for the racquet (in my case 17 ga. Prince original syn gut) the racquet settled down substantially and I can hit out on the ball, from anywhere on the court, without concern. Using an oversize head provides definite advantages on quick exchanges at the net, etc. Maintaining control of the oversize head and frame length is like icing on the cake. I highly recommend this racquet to those considering an oversize frame.
From: Rick, Overland Park, KS, USA, 08/10