Comments: Gimmicky, weird balance, and no one will string it for you (it isn't really that hard but it requires extra effort to learn). I bought this racquet knowing full-well that I would probably use it a few times and then give it my wife. She hates it too. I couldn't resist the weirdness, but, it never leaves my backup bag (not even getting the status of being in my actual racquet bag!) Cool idea, and I'm all for innovation, but it just isn't worth the extra trouble. From a "medical" perspective, it is supposed to be elbow, shoulder, and arm friendly. However, check out the stiffness rating in the 60s! Maybe the string pattern offsets this a bit, but I cannot see how it would drop it into the arm-safe region.
From: Schandler, 3/13

Comments:When I adjusted my swing to keep the ball within court boundaries, the precision was amazing. I was able to place the ball exactly where I wanted. The racquet produces a lot of power almost effortlessly. Highly recommend testing this racquet to someone who needs more power without sacrificing of control.
String type and tension: Wilson NXT, 64 lbs

Comments: This racquet is the missing link in my game! The search is over, and this is my ideal racquet. I found this racquet had power and control. The spin and power is just amazing. Despite the swing weight, it still swings heavier than my 3 and 9 o'clock lead-taped Yonex RD TI 70 Long. Returns are extremely stable. As a teaching pro, the PowerAngle Pro racquet helped me regain an edge over the national juniors whose power began to challenge mine after growth spurt. As in the other reviews I really had to up tension above my norm. I started with 61 and gradually upped it to 65lbs- then only I could hit without minding my shots going long. However I had to beef up to volley well with this due to heavy head. I find it adequately heavy and doesn't need lead tape anytime soon. The only downside is that strings break very fast on this - every 5-7 days versus once a month.
From: Julian, 12/11
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Spin, 65lbs

Comments: Much like the Centric I tried before, the vibration is really strong-- painfully strong for my taste. I wonder if it's just the dead string. The manufacturer should do their best to provide the best comfortable and player friendly string out there. They just lost a customer in me who initially was so keen on buying a unique and supposedly joint-protective racquet. I demoed a ProKennex KIonic 5 PSE later and realized this was far more better than anything I've ever tried. I definitely will buy this one instead.
From: MD. 10/11
String type and tension: demo string

Comments: I demoed this against Prince EXO3 Graphite, Prince EXO3Rebel, and Head Youtek Radical Pro. This had lots of power especially for a 98 square inch headsize and a pretty thick beam compared to these others. It is a solid stick and good enough accuracy but the others were better. One thing I really disliked was the dampening system, because the the strings dampened make an X, but when I miss I usually miss high of the string bed and this would be outside the X zone. Possibly consider this for doubles because at 98 square inch headsize it is probably stable enough for volleys yet has much more punch then other 98's which usually get into the "players racquets" zone of hefty weight and low power rating. Power might be on par with a Prince Speedport Red 105, or any of the Head Radicals OS 107. By the way of the above racquets I went with the Prince EXO3 Graphite.
String type and tension: Prince 3D poly at 54 lbs in the mains/ Prince Recoil at 58 lbs in the crosses

Comments: After playtesting this racquet, I fell in love and promptly bought it. Pros: Groundstrokes, volleys, and serves are all really solid. This racquet has the perfect balance/weight for me. The power is much appreciated, and I like how the stringbed grips the ball so much that not only does it get a ton of spin, but it also felt like it lifted the ball into a higher arc. I don't know if this actually happens, but I did have to go to western grip just to keep my shots in. Once I did, the results were astounding. The biggest draw, though, is the connection to the ball. I immediately knew, every time I hit, what the ball was going to do (especially on serves). I got so much feedback from the racquet that I could hit and then close my eyes and know if the ball was going in (a little hyperbole never hurt anyone). Cons: Getting used to this racquet was tricky. Going back to other racquets after playtesting and getting used to this one was worse. In other words, you have to be careful before picking this one, because going back to a normal racquet (even one that may be better for you) is really difficult. I fell in love, but if you have any doubt you should probably check other racquets out first.
From: Russell. 6/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Super Smash Spiky - 64 lbs

Comments: I find it very difficult to play with this racquet. The ball had a very high launch angle. I agree that slice shots worked well but topspin was almost impossible for me to land inside the baseline. Second serves were hard as well. Will try some more but first impressions were not so good. Too much power and not much control or spin. Beautiful racquet though!
From: Henrik, Lund, Sweden, 02/11
String type and tension: Topspin cyber blue 65 lbs

Comments: I've tried a lot of racquets and have a room full of them upstairs in my home but nothing else FEELS like a PowerAngle Pro. You don't feel the typical collision of the ball on the stringbed. The racquet just feels rock solid - I think it must be that feeling that we've all seen described as plush or buttery.
Groundstrokes: All you have to do is make contact in front of your body, swing low to high and get the racquet head lined up with where you want the shot to land and you're launching rockets loaded with plenty of spin due to the 16 x 16 open string pattern. Translation? The racquet demands that you use proper technique and when you do you're rewarded with more velocity, more spin and more control on all your shots. I've never seen a racquet produce better slice - the ball stays so low that your opponent will have to be playing with a shovel to have any hope of getting under your shot to hit it back over the net. The slice is so extreme that the forehand squash shot that you typically see people play purely as defense becomes an offensive weapon. When you line it up right and get low to the ball you can produce a shot that buzzes the net and refuses to come back. If you're the kind of player who feels like you end up on defense a lot and wish you could play more offense, then this racquet could be a real game changer for you. Additionally, at its stock weight and balance, a hard hitter can't push you around if you know what I mean. Just shorten your swing and deflect their pace back over the net.
Volleys: This is another place that the racquet feels solid. Just watch the ball into the sweet spot, make contact in front of your body and collect the point! High volleys, low volleys, half volleys, drop volleys - they all feel awesome and effortless with this stick.

Comments: I've demo'd this racket and found the comments of the TW tester consistent with my findings. The power is just enormous. The demo was strung with synthetic gut, so the ball was trampolining off the string bed like crazy. If it was strung tighter or I used poly it will tone down the power. But it is a spin friendly stick. The only issue I will have is power angle's direction as far as it's sales philosophy and trying to get it into more of the player's hands. But it's worth trying, you decide if the stick is for you or not.
From: Jun, Vancouver, WA, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT (demo)
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: I personally did not like this racquet at all. I didn't like how there was so much power but no control and spin.
From: Micheal, Newnan, Ga, United States. 6/10
String type and tension: Prince 16g 58

Comments: With power to spare and easy access to spin this is the muscle car of players racquets. Two rows of diagonal mains and no crosses provide the power and a super-wide string pattern allows you to shape your shots. Slices and flat shots penetrate very well, spins kick nicely, and volleys are crisp and precise. It does require some getting used to in order to get consistent depth but it does provide overall confidence when I don't have my A game. I don't notice as much improvement to my serve as other reviewers. The demo was strung with gut in the mid 50s and was a real trampoline. It's 11.9 oz. strung and with an overgrip. I use a popular poly and need to string 10-15 lbs. higher than my former Fisher racquet but it's still surprisingly arm friendly. The wide string bed means you burn through strings and your stringer may need to customize some floating clamps by removing some teeth to accommodate the wider than normal string pattern. Not for everyone, but it is intriguing for those looking to add some power to their game.
From: David, La Quinta, CA 02/10
String type and tension: Black Code @ 64#

Comments: I have been playing the ProAngle Pro for 6 months and plan to stay with it because of all the benefits it offers to my game. I was playing the Dunlop 200's before getting my ProAngle Pro. I have been playing it 4-5 days a week about 2-3 hours per day with no pain, injuries, Lots of power and control and great for powerful serves with or without spin. I am going to 60# string tension to bring down the power a bit to be more similar to my past rackets, Dunlop 200, Head liquid metal, Head radical all in the small head size. I recommend the ProAngle to everyone I play and also let them try it. It has the nickname "GoldenBoy" around all my Tennis cronies and brings up comments like oh-no he has "Golden Boy" today! It has improved my shot consistency with more powerful laser like accuracy. Also, My serving power and control has improved about 20%, which was already pretty darn good.
From: Dennis, Ventura, CA, USA 02/10
String type and tension: Gamma LiveWire 16; 28#
Headsize: 98, PowerAngle Pro

Comments: Somehow this racquet has flown under the radar. Perhaps due to the diagonal string pattern, a fear of trying something different? Perhaps due to the lack of a 'common brand name'? Both? Regardless, this racquet is a winner. The construction is top notch. The gold paint job is subtle and professional, and does not scream 'look at me'. The heft is nice - I added some weight at 7 inches under the grip to boost the weight to 12 ounces and to alter the balance (I typically use a 12 ounce stick - Babolat Pure Storm Tour GT). Using Isospeed Professional, initial impressions were positive. The ideal set-up for me was with a soft poly at 65bs, however. At this tension the control was impressive, and the feel was very soft. It cannot be overstated just how easy this racquet is on the arm! There are simply no negative vibrations. You feel the ball no the strings (positive), but you do not feel the pain through your arm. For those who have played baseball, think of the difference between hitting a ball with a wood bat vs. a low-end 'metal' bat. The PowerAngle Pro is the wood bat...soft, buttery feel. A typical racquet is the metal bat, with the vibration transferred to the arm and shoulder. For all the inconsistencies in my game, I do have a lot of power, and I had to dial this back with poly and a slightly higher tension. Spin is amazing, the most impressive spin of any racquet I have used. Control is the same as the Babolat Pure Storm GT. Any control issues, I regret to say, are with my inconsistent game vs. due to the racquet. To summarize. 1) Great racquet 2) Amazing on the arm - no elbow pain, tingling, or soreness 3) Great spin 4) Good controllable power 9.75 out of 10
From: Steve, Lincoln NE USA 11/09
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro 18g

Comments: I played with this racquet and it was the best tennis experience of my life. I was hitting great shots to the corner and right down the middle, I felt like I was a real pro! The only problem I had with this racquet was the weight, it could of been a little lighter, but that's ok, because I do not have any bad arm problems ;).
From: Andy W., New Hartford, NY, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Volkl Catapult Power 16L String @ 50 lbs

Comments: I've hit all three new PowerAngles and am impressed by the unique combination of comfort, spin and control. Somehow they've managed to improve on their trademark. At impact, these frames feel more solid and have a higher "plow-through" than their predecessors. The PRO is a dream. The added weight makes the upper hoop solid enough to handle big pace without shock or dramatic power loss. Doubles players take note. Volleying against heavy balls feels buttery. These sticks are not easily pushed around. Very impressive.
From: Jon, Oceanside, CA 09/09
String type and tension: Kevlar 16g/Natural Gut 17g. 56 lbs.

Comments: I demo'd this racket and my biggest problem with it was the amount of power I got with it. My assumption upon demoing the racket was that the strings would allow for a lot more topspin, but I did not find that to be the case. On the contrary, due to the low tension in the racket I found a lot of my shots landing too deep. I play with the n6.1 tour 90, so obviously this is a different racket. Anyway, I'm just saying don't be drawn into it simply because it has diagonal strings. It doesn't make that much of a difference in topspin.
From: Danny, California, USA, 07/09
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I've got a couple of PowerAngle Power98s that are fun to use from time to time, but the swingweight is way too low for serious use, and I never got around to leading them up. With the Pro, the mass is higher, the frame is stiffer, and the stringbed density is lower. I playtested it with some old nylon strings and it was abysmal, but a new set of poly transformed the racquet. I didn't notice any dramatic increase in comfort or spin, as advertised by PowerAngle, but the consistency is fantastic. I was prepared not to like this racquet, but I've been using it for a couple of days now, and I'm considering a switch. It's interesting to wonder how this racquet might play if the string spacing was done proportionally, so the density at the center of the stringbed was higher, for even more consistent response. Out of the box, though, this is the racquet I was always wishing the 98K was.
From: Greg, Apple Valley, CA, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Toa Cyber Blade Thermaxe 123

Comments: I have the older model Power98/K which I'd been using for over a year. The new PRO model seems a touch stiffer and more powerful with a much more open string pattern, so I had to string about 5-7 lbs higher. Once I did, I really started liking it, since it also seems more stable than the older model. This is an excellent control-oriented racquet that's great for people with arm problems.
From: Ron, Germantown, MD, USA. 6/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 18 @ 60 lbs.

Power