Volkl Organix V1 Pro Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I recently purchased the V1 Pro because of the recent feedback about being such good all-around racquet and its comfort. Now I wonder what kind of tension/strings are being used because my arm is just shutdown at the moment with a lot of pain! I've been using a soft co-poly at 46 lbs. I use same co-poly at 55 lbs on my APD+ and never had this kind of pain.
From: LH, 9/14

Comments: After trying several other racquets with similar specifications from other manufacturers, the Volkl Pro V1 stood out as far as power, control, spin and comfort. I string mine at mid-tension, 55 pounds with a good multifilament and I couldn't be happier. The 16x19 string pattern provides plenty of pop and spin. To add more control, you just have to increase string tension. Also, the black color with silver graphics looks great. Give it a demo. Enjoy.
From: Al, 8/14

Comments: I have been playing tennis ever since I can remember. I played #1 doubles in college with the Prince Graphite 110, so that dates me. I have had the opportunity to try just about every racquet out there. I normally like a much heavier stick, coming from a Dunlop 200 Aerogel with an 18x20 pattern. I found myself trying lots of similar racquets. I did not need the racquet to generate power for me as I am 6'4" with a long wingspan. I was looking for something head light and in the 12 oz. range...until I hit with the V1 Pro. This stick changed the way I felt about lighter racquets and a more open string pattern. I don't know if I have ever hit with a more smooth, solid feeling racquet right out of the gate. I have modified the 4 5/8" grip with a build up that adds a little more weight and gives it a more head light balance, but that is only because I have big mitts. I have been using Gamma TNT 16 ga. at 57 lbs. for my first setup so we will see how that goes. If you are a 4.0+ player and are coming from a player's stick and want the most comfortable and smooth feeling racquet out there, look no further. The V1 Pro is the modern player's stick with feel that is out of this world.

Comments: I made a switch to this racquet after playing for a year with a Head Prestige Pro. I am 59 and needed more power without loss of control. I have tennis elbow so I can't play with a stiffer racquet for more power. The Organix V1 Pro ended up being perfect. I have strung it with a Techifibre X-one biphase. The racquet feels more head heavy so I need the power of the X-one biphase string to get good serve velocity.
From: Kumar, 3/14

Comments: In recent years, I have had surgery on my shoulder and elbow, so I have tried all sorts of racquets. Initially after surgery, I played with Wilson Khasmine 5 (triad system) which was very comfortable, but not really a players racquet but helped me during my comeback, then I tried the Ki5 295 which I liked but still left me sore. I bought 2 Pro ones, awesome power! Very comfortable but at times I felt they seemed heavier than the weight suggested and my touch and little angle shots were difficult to execute, found it hard to swing them for more than 2 sets, tried the Pro one OS very powerful little awkward to swing the extra 1/2" just seemed to stifle my shots at times. Eventually I tried Volkl V1 MP, really liked it however one morning I played a big hitter and the balls were damp due to the conditions, I found the racquet didnt have the mass to hit through the heavy conditions, just as I was considering leading it up, by magic we have the volkl V1 Pro! The extra mass makes the difference and I find I get more depth with this racquet -- my touch is back and I can play all the shot I used to play before my injuries when I was using a Wilson NCode. The comfort and feel of this racquet for someone who needs comfort but once a players racquet especially all-court players. My only critiscm is that I bought 2 of them and one was 323g and the other 330g! Both were 4 points HL with an overgrip. Interestingly, the heavier of the 2 has the same spec as one of my Pro ones and yet it feels a lot lighter and easier to maneuver. Thank you Volkl -- my game has finally returned and I have finally found what I have been looking for. For people that like big hitting with heavy spin and are base liners and can handle somthing that is a little harder to swing then the I would not discount the Pro one, but for me the V1 pro is an perfect all around -- I love it.

Comments: As another commenter said, this racquet is buttery on all strokes. I've used Wilson, Prince, and Babolat sticks, most recently the Pure Storm. Very happy with this change. The V1 Pro gives me more than enough power, but without sacrificing any control. I have mine strung with a hybrid string at 55 lbs and couldn't be happier. I am a 4.5-5.0 player, and this racquet is about perfect for what I needed.
From: Tyson, 11/13

Comments: Transcendent racquet! It is very comfortable and user friendly. I actually ordered it without demoing it and am glad I did so.

Comments: Purchased one of these a few weeks back and have to say that I have found my racquet! I previously played with the Babolat Pure Drive and developed some substantial elbow and shoulder issues. After changing to the V1 Pro, my issues are slowly going away. I have a long swing and generally do not rely on the racquet to generate power. I like to hit a good amount of topspin and hit a flat serve. The racquet plays well at the net for me. I string it with Technifibre Bio Phase at 53 lbs. I like it so much that I recently purchased another for a back up. I am a 4.0 level all-court player. I would recommend this racquet for anyone looking for a softer feeling, arm friendly racquet.
From: Rickey, 10/13

Comments: I just received 2 of these new weapons from Volkl and already played around 6 hours with them. The conclusion is that, for me, this looks like a mix of positive things between a Babolat (Roddick 2012 is my current racquet) and a Wilson (Pro Staff 95, I have one and sometimes use it). Why am I'm saying that? It's faster like a Babolat without being rigid and you have the feel and touch of a Wilson without being too slow and it has a much more forgiving character (better sweet spot). I like how easy it is to place the ball where you want and it is easy is to generate spin as well. As far as the best setup -- I have MSV Hex on one frame and a Signum Tornado Pro on the other, thinnest versions in both cases. MSV is like silk, very comfortable, powerful, a little bit too fast for my taste. With Signum, you get more spin, less power, much more control but it feels stiffer. Both are strung at the same tension in the middle of the recommendation. As for the bad things, I would like to say that maybe a little bit more mass can be added. I will do this and come back with new conclusions. Overall, it is a very good racquet that helps you move on with your game and give a different approach to it. Even at only 1 point HL you can easily accelerate the head of the racquet and hit with spin or flat. By the way, great thanks to TW for their service and delivery. Keep doing a good job!
From: Christian, 10/13

Comments: Purchased 2 after demoing from TW. I was using the Volkl Organix 10 295 customized with lead tape. I wanted a touch more power and a racquet that might be more forgiving. The V1 Pro is working out well. It is easier to generate power with compared to the Organix 10, but is still very controllable. I was a little concerned about the slightly wider beam because other wider racquets I have tried resulted in too much power. But, the V1 Pro is very controllable. Also, spin is very good and slightly better than the Organix 10 295. So far, I am very pleased and it has been 1 month since the switch. I wanted to wait a while and make sure my opinion was not just based on the honeymoon period. I am male 4.0+ player with all court game.

Comments: I recently restarted playing tennis frequently and competitively (ntrp: 5.0) after a 12 year hiatus and my arm started to act up. I was using a Wilson NTour Two 95 and a Prince Graphite 90 as a junior. After a lot of research and recommendations from pros, Volkl racquets became an option due to their comfort. So I demoed 4 Volkl racquets, and liked two - - the C10 and the Classic V1 (because the Organix V1 Pro was unavailable). I bought this stick blind, given the specs and the successful demo of the Classic V1 and the great comfort of the Organix V1 MP. Absolute success! Buttery feel, great power, kicking topspin, biting slice and best of all no arm issues. Although my serve is better with the C10. Surprised these sticks aren't more popular. Thank you for the great demo program TW.

Comments: I would call this a neutral racquet and I mean that in the best way. Great for an all court player that prefers a racquet play to their strengths instead of the racquet's strength. Love the weight, balance (almost even but very maneuverable), plush, yet solid feel. Perfect for someone with longer, faster strokes who wants many of the characteristics of a players racquet in a lighter frame.

Comments: I just demoed this racquet over the weekend and found no faults with this frame. The positives for me would include the soft, comfortable feeling from the string bed. It has a fairly stiff rating but it did not feel overly stiff at all. It does not have much power for a lighter 16x19 setup, but that's not a bad thing for an advanced player. It is maneuverable, but I would prefer a thinner beam. Serving as well as volleying are decent and predictable. The grip is fine in my estimation. I mention this because some players are very critical of the Volkl grip shape. All in all this racquet does not necessarily distinguish itself from others, but it is both solid and comfortable. Try it out because I think anyone hitting with it would agree that it has a nice feel.

Comments: I bought this sight-unseen and un-playtested as I've been using the Organix V1 Midplus for the past year and have loved it, but have been wishing for a while now that it was a bit heavier! Playtested several others, and then voila, there was this one that was new to the market and it was just what I was looking for. I knew I was taking a chance ordering it without having tried it, but it was also easy to imagine what the heavier weight might do. Now I can say I really love this racquet. Everything I do is just a bit better and more confident on the court. Strung it with Volkl Cyclone 16 at 55 lbs. It took me a couple of days to get a feel for the change. I am going to get a second one.

Volkl Organix V1 Pro Racquets - Where to go from here