Volkl Organix 10 (325g) Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I've been using this racquet for almost two years now coming from a Volkl PB10 Mid, Volkl Tour 10 Gen II, and Head Radical MP. The feel is very different to others Volkl 10 series frames that used to be soft an flexible. This one has a very stiff hoop but the vibration dampening system is excellent and you wont feel any discomfort on your arm. Huge sweet spot, very fast response from the stringbed in contrast with the long dwell time of the PB 10, great maneuverability for its weight -- 350g with strings, overgrip and vibration dampener and incredible precision and control. It requires a low tension string job, my favorite is Signum Pro Tornado 1,17 at 52-48 lbs, depending on the season and temperature. The frame shines on slices, volleys and serves. I've improved my serve a lot with it and don't understand the reviewers rating regarding that stroke. If you have a sound technique you can place the ball on a dime with any spin you want. Of course this is a Volkl 10 series racquet so it is low powered and requires long and fast swings and developed strokes but you have 350g of mass to crush the ball. I still love the flex and old school feeling of the PB10 mid but for competition this frame is much better, allows better defense and you wont lose so many points under pressure. The only issue I had was a cracked grommet after the first string job in one of the sticks, so you better get some replacement just in case. I played last week with this side by side with my old Head Radical and the later seems like a toy. So solid this Volkl is. Recommended!
From: Oscar, 10/14

Comments: I've strung this with natural gut (Babolat VS Touch 16 at 55 lbs). This racquet feels completely different from any other racquet I've played with. It's difficult to describe, but it feels as though with faster swings, there is less energy transferred to the ball (more obvious on the serve)! When I slow down the swing, there is a lag between the moment of contact and the ball leaving the string with good power (I guess this true of any racket but never so obvious for me). In my experience, there is an optimum speed with which to hit the serve as faster or slower swings does not give the same good result! The accuracy on groundstrokes is second to none and volleys are great. However, I feel a serious lack of plough through (TWU gives 307 as opposed to the claimed 317 in the specs page). Adding lead tapes to 2 and 10 o'clock has added some punch to the serve and some plough through but I'm still experimenting with the customisation. Also, although my good old tennis elbow stays in remission, I've now developed golfer's elbow -- probably as a result of over-exerting on serve. Least impressed by the racquet's performance on serve!
From: Alireza, 8/14

Comments: So far I think this is a sweet racquet. Does everything well. The best part is that no pros are using it so it won't be put to pasture when they only start getting to quarterfinals after they have won 17 grand slams. It's a pretty well rounded racquet, and the deficit with the flat serve wasn't really there for me. My "flat" serve is a version of the American twist that is geared toward speed more than say the kick serve version. Spin is the basic principal of each, just a different set up, I guess is the best way to say it. A "flat" flat serve might be a problem cause it might be hard to really go after the ball without a way to bring it down into the box. Either backhand is fine with this racquet, enough surface and not to heavy to crank spin for the two hander, and enough weight and headlightness for the one hander. Good job Deutschland!

Comments: I am a Volkl PB 10 Mid user. I just tried the Organix 10 MP and I have to say its great. Better on flat serves and my double handed backhands. The sweetspot is so big that I didn't hit a single ball wrong in 20 minutes! If you can handle a 330 grams racquet, this one is for you. Volkl is a great company and some of their racquets are amazing -- PB10mid, Organix 10MP, Oraganix V1MP and C10Pro.
From: Jan, 10/13

Comments: This is my first Volkl racquet and it won't be my last. The first thing I noticed was the solid construction. It's like you are wielding a king's sword at first. Mine weighed in at 12 oz flat strung. I strung it with VS at 53 lbs and 4G at 50 lbs. I had easy access to spin, great control, and impressive plow through. The new technology in the handle is legit. The racquet is as comfy as they come. My only complaint was that after a few swings the ball hit the top of the frame on some errant serves - I think my whole body vibrated after those because of the heft of the frame. My hand was sore later on. My PSLtd and Speed Pro don't have that effect. But it's more on me dialing in my strokes than the frame. Overall, it's a great racquet and I'm thrilled to have it in my arsenal of weapons.

Comments: Demoed this racquet long with the Tfight 320, Pro One 97, and Vcore Tour97. The Volkl Organix 10 (325) was the clear winner, and by a large margin. My usual racquet is an IG Prestige Pro, but it was a bit unforgiving at times and became a handful. The X10 was much less demanding while maintaining similar control, with the added benefit of a massive spin window and a little more forgiveness on off-center hits. The racquet is an easy swinger with a low (for a player's racquet) swing weight, yet has plenty of plow-through on my overhead and back hands. Accuracy was like a laser beam and I was able to pick my spots during match play. Serving was also a high point with the giant spin window making huge kickers a common theme. I cannot say enough about this frame. I was having to force myself to play with the other racquets I was demoing because I didn'™t want to set this one down. Absolute bliss. I cannot believe I've gone this long missing out on this frame. The best frame I have ever hit with and in my opinion, one without fault. Breaking out the credit card...
String type and tension: V-Pro at 53 lbs

Comments: I was playing with Wilson K factor Six.One 90 and the racquet offered excellent control and plow through. The only limitation being small head size and higher swing weight which hindered my play at the nets. However this racquet combines the best of both control and swing weight to give a maneuverable racquet which is vibration free and has got enough plow through to hit the ball hard. The spin potential is also good. Great stick for all court play. I used to own a Volkl before so I do not mind the grip shape. In fact due to rectangular nature, once you get used it, the grip doesn't slip/rotate while hitting shots.
From: VS, 5/12
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut 17, 60 lbs

Comments: First thing that caught me about this racquet was the stunning look, and the balanced feel of the racquet really sucked me in for a demo. Straight of the bat this thing was something else, coming from Blades I was after something more solid and this certainly excelled at everything from spin, power and pure feel. After being a racquet junky (and working in a tennis shop), this is the only racquet that I will use now, the performance is something that I am yet to find in any other racquet. Volkl user for life.
From: Riley, 3/12

Comments: First thing that caught me about this racquet was the stunning look, and the balanced feel of the racquet really sucked me in for a demo. Straight off the bat this thing was something else, coming from the Wilson Blades I was after something more solid and this certainly excelled at everything from spin, power and pure feel. After being a racquet junky (and working in a tennis shop), this is the only racquet that I will use now, the performance is something that I am yet to find in any other racquet. Volkl user for life.
From: Riley, 4/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Savage Lime, 52/50 lbs

Comments: Very good power and control, comfortable, very good string from Luxilon.
From: Randy, 4/12

Comments: I find the Big Banger Ace 18g stiff even at 52lbs. I've tried lots of strings and these are the first ones to hurt my arm in over 20 years.
From: Brad, 4/12

Comments: Went to this racket due to the arm friendly nature of it. After deciding on a very low stringing tension I have really found this racket is solid in all areas. The racket plays tighter than it is. I string with natural gut on the low 50s and normally that would be very powerful but it isn't with this frame. Take your time and find your sweetspot as far as string with this racket as it is sensitive to string choice. Very happy with this racket. Really the complete package. Serves, volleys and groundstrokes are all solid and plow through is excellent.
From: Bryan, 4/12

Comments: My first experience with Volkl and after a bit of tinkering with the string setup, I have converted to the Organix 10 325 after a solid 3 months of use. The power, stability, and spin generation in this style of racquet is second to none. I'm getting a much more consistent response off the 1HBH and placing the ball with great precision, and volleying is so solid and effortless with easy depth. This is a pretty string sensitive racquet and found the best performance with a stiffer synthetic or multi with high quality poly in the mains.
From: Chaddles, 3/12

Comments: Absolutely high fidelity racquet. Super precise with low to very high racquet head speeds; you can really smack the ball and still maintain perfect control. Crisp at lower speed, comfy with big strokes. This racquet does not wobble, zero vibrations, even on off-center hits. It produces any spin to any amount you want: fast/heavy balls forehand and 1-handed backhand (as good as my customized voelkl 10 pb mid 372g, 31cm), loopy defensive curved balls (forget those with the mid), cc tippy rescue backhand slices, real topspin lobs, spin serves...the whole program. You have to have developed strokes, but you don't have to stay on the accelerator as with the mid. Easier to play than the mid with a wider range of application/possibilities. No free power, though.

Comments: I am returning to tennis after 17 years. Thinking I needed something extra, I started with two Dunlop Aerogel 4d 500 Tours. When I got the feeling back the Dunlop's proved to be too powerful. Compensated with high string tension, but this killed my arm. Have had a pretty bad case of RSI in my arm over the years. Started testing different racquets; Wilson, Babolat, and Dunlop. After reading internet reviews I decided to try the Organix 10. 4 sessions convinced me that the Volkl was the one. Now playing with it for 1.5 months and love it! So much control, such great feel! Can take a full cut at the ball or play touch shots with great precision. Love the heft of the racquet. Racquet feels much heavier in the hand then while swinging. Open string bed is a guarantee for great spin. So easy on the arm! I love it! You will need to be able to create your own speed, the racquet is low on power.
From: Kaspar, 12/11

Comments: I have tested about 20 different frames from 300 to 340 grams (Wilson, Gamma, Head, Dunlop, Prince, Volkl, Tecnifibre, Babolat) and this is by far the best frame I've played for a couple of years. It has amazing control, spin, one handed backhand slice, power serves, great comfort and feel.
From: Milan, 10/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour bite 1,20 mm at 57/55 lbs or Polyfibre TCS 1,25 mm at 57/55 lbs

Comments: Stringing this racquet at the low end of the tension range with a softer poly produces a nice blend of power and control with very little shock. Compared to a Volkl Power Bridge 10 325 strung the same way, control and feel is similar but with greater power and spin and less shock. I'm in agreement with other comments - longer swing styles and are going to be well suited to this racquet. if you have fast swings with an aggressive play style and arm/elbow problems, give this racquet a demo at the low end of the tension range (~50 lbs).
From: Brendan, 10/11
String type and tension: mains: Gosen Polyon Comfort 17 at 50lbs/ crosses: synthetic gut 16 @at 50 lbs

Comments: Wow! I playtested this thing today and I got to say, this is one easy to use racquet. I have not used a racquet that hurt my arm less than this in a very long time. Maybe not the very best out there but all in all, a nice solid stick.
From: Greg, 9/11
String type and tension: Volkl Multi at 62 lbs

Comments: I am getting back to the game after decades of only playing a few times a year (arm issues, kids, urban living, bored with playing). I demoed about ten racquets, including the Head Prestige Pro and IG Speed, the Volkl Power Bridge 10 Mid and Power Bridge 10 MidPlus 325. I almost bought the Power Bridge MidPlus, but had no shoulder pain at all with the Organix, so I bought a couple of them. I played today and wow! No shoulder trouble at all, period. Great access to spin and my serve kept getting better as I developed the confidence to start ripping them. Many first serves weren't coming back and that was on clay against a 5.5 rated player. (I hate clay. Serving is the best part of my game and I had no problem with this stick.) Control with the Power Bridge 10 MP might be slightly better and some of the other racquets may have more "feel," but this racquet allowed me to elevate my game, not my access to pain. I couldn't be happier with this choice.
From: Fredric, 9/11
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone 18 (mains) 55 lbs, (crosses) 51.5 lbs

Comments: I am between a 3.5 and a 4.0, and the Volkl Organix 10 325 g is as close to perfect for me as a racquet gets. In the past couple of years, I have demoed 20+ different racquets from 9 different manufacturers, and bought racquets from two other manufacturers. This Organix 10 325 gm gives my shots more pace and depth than any other racquet I've played with. It is a control-oriented racquet that rewards footwork, good form and preparation - in return, it gives you power, plow-through and pinpoint accuracy. Groundstrokes and volleys go where I hit them, and if I decide I want the next one three inches shorter or deeper, left or right, that's where it goes. I feel like I've found "the frame" - I'm still sifting through string combos and tensions, but once I find "the string", I will be fine with having left behind racquets from Babolat and Head. For me, they were good, but this one is better.
From: Karl, 9/11
String type and tension:Volkl poly/gut hybrid at 59 lbs

Comments: This stick is not for just anyone. Players less than 5 NTRP should not think about it. This is a very demanding racquet on swing style (must be long and very fast) on footwork and technique. I'm a clear 4.5 player and I couldn't handle it against good players such as me. This stick is absolutely not for beginners. You have to be a competitive player and spend lot of time also in gym to handle this racquet.
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17L

Comments: I have been playing with this racquet for about 5 months now. I added a leather grip as the active damping took away too much vibration and feel. I compensated for the extra head light that the leather grip created with some lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock. This made all the difference - much better feel now. The 16x19 string pattern needs to be opened up a little - it feels more like a 18x20 on this racquet.
From: Wes, 8/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Tornado/Tecnifibre X-One Biphase - 55 lbs

Comments: This Volkl is like a Ferrari. Without the proper treatment and technique, it will not play for you. It handles small and soft play very well though, but when you want to step his tail, you'll feel his stiffness, his power, and control. In my case i had to adapt to a longer swing. I'm an aggressive player and i think you need to be for this one. If you don't stay in charge with this racket, you will loose the control the racket has, but only gives it to you with enough acceleration. Stay patient for it takes a while to get accustomed to.
From: Woosh. 7/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 57 lbs

Comments: I played with this racquet for one hour. I normally play with the Power Bridge 10 Mid. Also, I tested the Wilson BLX 95 Six.One for an hour. The Volkl Organix 10 generated a lot of great spin. I could flick the ball easily over the net. The balls rarely were long. This brought me confidence. However, the feel of plough through, the feel of control, of the ball on the racquet was less than my Power Bridge 10 Mid and less than the Wilson. The Wilson gave me more the feeling of control, gave me a tremendous backhand, and actually all shots were very good. But, generating spin was much easier with the Volkl Organix 10. Now, I want the feeling of the ball going through my racquet like with the Wilson and Power Bridge 10 Mid, but I want the spin and comfort of the Organix 10.
From: Sjoerd, 7/11

Comments: This racquet with fantastic response and flex. It is a real weapon for medium and high level of recreational tennis. It plays very lively with a lot of control, spin and comfort. It is also very good at net and by slice shots. It swings very easy for 350 g weight (with string and overgrip). I was very impressed, so I recommend it to anyone who sees it. I have now better results than with my former racquet PB10 mid.
From: Edi. 6/11
String type and tension: Signum pro Tornado 1,17 mm @ 52 lbs main/50 lbs cross or Volkl Cyclone 56 lbs main/54 lbs cross.

Comments: The reviews are accurate so far. This racquet is a different breed of Volkl. I hit with a 3.5 player when I was eager to test it and didn't like the feel at all. Hitting with a 4.5+ player later allowed me to fully evaluate it. It has a large sweet spot, good access to power, and fair access to spin (with poly) but the feedback was too foreign and muted for me. I wasn't sure of where I contacted the ball on the racquet. It's a good entry into Volkl for Prince users--probably the marketing strategy here. This is a BMW with automatic transmission where prior Volkl 10's are manual.
From: Mike, St. Paul, MN, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Polyester

Comments: After 6 months playing with Volkl PB10mid I bought this racket to have it as a second good racket. My feedback is positive and now I have some doubts deciding what is my preferred one (PB10mid or X10). The Organix 10 is easier to play, more power, more spin, better at the net (for me) and with more power on the serve. For my level (not so good) PB10mid is fantastic when I'm in good shape, but sometimes it is so hard to play with it and to always have the best shots. X10 has not the same control but it's easier also when you're not in the perfect shape. Now I have a good alternative to PB10mid.
From: Carlo, Rome, Italy, 03/11
String type and tension: Volkl cyclone, 24 kg

Comments: I agree with former reviews, this is a very unique racket, nothing like any other rackets I have tried before (and I have tried them all basically). The power from this racket is good, and took 20-30 minutes to get used to coming from a prestige pro (less power). But once I got used to it, it was brilliant, and really controllable. Control is excellent, spin is great (although I used TCS string, which is a spin monster). Specs are not really reliable as it swings a lot easier and the 98 sq.inch head feels bigger, large sweetspot. No pain in arm as I got from almost all other rackets except pb10mid. It was a bit stiffer than the pb10 but still very soft feel. I recommend this to a 4.5 and above, it's great all over the court.
From: Peter, Sweden, 03/11
String type and tension: Polyfibre TCS 55/54 lbs

Comments: Bought from TW a few weeks ago. Bottom line, this is an excellent racquet. Coming from a Youtek Prestige MP, the X10 325 was easier to swing and is very comfortable and solid but still plush but not too soft like the London. It has more than adequate power on the serve and I could really crank up my serving stroke and my golfer's elbow would not flare up like it does with all my other racquets. This is my racquet for the next year at least and I'm going to buy another one.
From: Anon, San Jose, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: KLIP Accelerator Mains @ 55, MSV crosses @ 52

Comments: I had some trepidation writing this review after reading the first two reviews from players much better than I am who had drastically differing opinions on the racquet.
To me, it felt like the change from going to a BLX 95 from a K95. There is definitely more feel to this racquet as compared to the PB10MP.
The PB10MP was the ultimate control racquet. However, it had a very crisp feel. This racquet had a softer feel. Like the PB10 Mid it actually swung easier than anticipated given the weight of the racquet.
I liked the new open pattern. While it was not all that open in the middle of the racquet, it did provide easier access to spin. Gave more free power on serves and more kick on kickers. Also, I liked the open pattern for low balls as it seems like it is easier to get the ball over the net, yet still bring the ball back into the court.
If I had to compare, I would said this racquet plays more like a Prestige MP and the PB10 plays like a K95, which has more plow through, but not as as plush.
All in all, a good racquet that is definitely worth a demo.
From: Chuck, Scottsdale, AZ, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: multi(demo)

Comments: Not surprising that the positive feedback here so far is from players with 6.0 and 6.5 ratings. This is a demanding racquet and I don't recommend it for lesser players. I found the PB 8 (315) to be Volkl's best racquet the past few years, but even that can't compare with something like the Exo Black. The Organix 10 has adequate feel, average spin potential, average pop. Grip shape remains an annoyance.
From: Mike, Nyack, NY, USA, 03/11

Comments: Currently playing with the pb10 mid and trying the Organix out for a ride did not live up to my expectations. The racket played too stiff for my liking, I tried it with full poly, a blend and all multi and I could just not get the feel that I was hoping for. I spent a week trying to like this racket, but my forehands were sailing long and the swing speed through contact just did not work for me....I don't think I will be switching any time soon.

Comments: Volkl describes it perfectly - "Due to the explosive springboard- effect of ORGANIX material, frames get: More DYNAMIC & POWER. ORGANIX material will be loaded up with kinetic energy during ball impact and releases it back again immediately." Once I played a set and got used to controlling this explosive power, it was pure magic. Hitting flat, penetrating shots was a breeze. It took awhile to tame this beast with topspin shots. This is a small 98 in. sq., probably to due its somewhat elongated shape. The feel is something very different - like a biofeedback machine - you know instantly when the ball enters/leaves the string bed. Yep - German engineering still rules!
From: Chris, Fort Myers, FL, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Hybrid - co-poly/multifilament @55. I'll string at 51 lbs. next time.

Comments: This one didn't work for me all that well, notwithstanding fairly good control -- but what 98 doesn't offer good control -- it offered middle-of-the-road spin and feel. Volkl used to make more sense than this; the "targeting system" and point of using cellulose (everyone wants their products to seem earth-friendly, or earth-derived) escape me. Not a bad racquet at all but Volkl is starting to feel more and more like what everyone else is selling.
From: Vlad, Bardonia, NY, 3/11

Comments: The X10 325 is just a really unique piece of equipment; its feel is really different. It's like a solid ''ring'' of a racquet head, with a string bed suspended in its middle, cushioning and caressing the ball as it plows through contact. It's crisp, but still has that Volkl feel; you feel every part of the frame, with no vibration. The transfer to the hand feels cushioned, not harsh, and you feel everything that the ball is doing. The response is very lively, as though driving the ball with a 93in2. Its ball quality is also similar to the PB 10 Mid's, and since 98s usually have less plow through than 93s, that says a lot. The X10's power is also greater than it's predecessor's, it has a little more plow through, and hits with more spin. As with all Volkl 10s, the crosses need to be strung a little looser than the mains.
From: TennisMaverick, New York City, NY, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Volkl Gripper 65M/61.5C
Headsize: 93in2

Comments: Upon unboxing my preview Organix 10 325 test frame early this month, I immediately rushed to my bag to compare it to the last iteration, the remarkable PB 10 325. Knocking around some groundies was mildly disappointing to put it lightly. It was apparent from the get-go that the stability, control, and most importantly the smooth nuanced feel of the PB 10 were all gone. Sadly, having played with this frame the past month, it appears Volkl is departing from their traditional roots and venturing into new grounds. The Volkl feel that many have known and loved is no longer here. Whereas the PB 10 can be likened to a scalpel, this Organix 10 is a butter knife.
From: Jargen, USA, 03/11
NTRP Rating: ATP/ITF Tournament player

Comments: Will Volkl come out with a organix 10 mid?
From: Chris, Farmington, MI, USA, 02/11
(Chris, there are no plans for production at this moment but Volkl will continue to manufacture the PB10 Mid until they do decide to update.--TW Staff)

Volkl Organix 10 (325g) Racquets - Where to go from here

Volkl Organix Demo Promo
Volkl Player's Tennis Racquets
Volkl Tennis Racquets
Volkl Traditional Player's Racquet
What Plays Like A Volkl Organix 10 (325g)
What Plays Like A Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six One 95