Gosen OG-Sheep Micro 17 Natural String Customer feedback

Comments: This is a really great string! Feels great on my Head Radical. I string my own racquets, so I am always trying different strings constantly because I can. I've tried everything from economical to expensive ones, and I can tell you that this Sheep Micro 17 Natutal String feels lovely . Great control! Nice power! They don't move as much as you think and decent durability. I string 2pieces at 44lbs and am a 5.0 level player.
From: Walker, 8/13

Comments: I am using this one on my BLX 90 and recently on my PS BLX 90 in the crosses with RAB Monoflex poly in the mains. 55 lbs for multi and 48 lbs for crosses does the trick for me. Both frames are leaded up at 3 and 9, so balls have a lot of action (both spin and power wise) on the other side. Regardless of that kind of heavy hitting, I have yet to break either of the strings. I switched from full poly to make things softer and I couldn't see loss of control in any way. Power is great at this tension and for the price, you just can't beat this. With less then $10 I can string two frames and have yet to find something bad with it.
From: Fedja, 4/13

Comments: Time to give my feedback, I have been using this string for a few years now. It has excellent feeling, control, easy on my arm, durability you expect from a 17 gauge it gives me about 6 sets of play and I have to cut them because they lose the feel. Since I have a string machine, it does not matter. I like to string my racquets frequently at 58 lbs and I have a Yonex RDS 003. The natural plays a little bit better for me, tried the reel did not like at all, seems that plays different. After all, great string for the money and the playability.
From: William, 4/12

Comments: Have this in the cross and Gosen Polylon comfort 17 in the mains at 51lbs tension. This hybrid setup has great control and good topspin. Power is fair and good durability.

Comments: I just switch to the sheep (white) from nxt 17, rpm, isospeed, and etc, etc. What Gosen does really well is that non-nonsense/consistent syn gut feedback, so it doesn't have the spin or rpm and the feel of $15 multis, but it's somewhere in the middle and at the contact I can feel that consistency. It works for my game. For big hitters, be ready to restring after every 2 sets.
From: Hory, 2/12

Comments: I am a 4.0 doubles player, with a 19-4 record. I have used natural gut, Tecnifibre NRG and Wilson NXT before. I like this string just as much (well gut is the best), but, at a fraction of their costs. I have this string as a hybrid, with a poly (Wilson Enduro Pro 18 gauge), both as the main (for stronger serves), and as the cross (for better returns).

Comments: Strung this hybird on the crosses at 55lbs with Luxilon Big Banger Rough on mains (Kfactor Tour 90). I'm an athletic 23-year-old who started playing tennis 7 years ago including for my college team. My previous set up was with X-1 Biphase, but the x-1 would get sawed from the lux within 8 hours so I wanted to lower my expense swith a more economic fulfillment. The 17og doesn't stretch and plays stiff. While there is good bite or friction to the ball, you will have to sacrifice the pocketing aspect of a good multifiliment, and there's no way getting around that. I wish nat gut and x-1 biphase had lower costs but I guess there's no getting around it, I will stick to these. After 1 hour of play, there was a ton of "ball hair" on these strings, more than I've ever seen from other strings.

Comments: For the price of the string, you can't complain too much. I've restrung my racquet about 5 times now, mains and crosses, started at 58 lbs and now have the tension down to 49 lbs in my BLX 90, which is about right for me. The power is low to medium, durability is decent (about 8-10 hrs of heavy hitting before main breaks), feel is good, and the spin potential is pretty low. I think everything about it is okay except maybe for the spin. I've had better strings (not as inexpensive) that could produce more spin with less effort. I'm going to try something else in the mains, but keep this as a cross. I like this string better than the Forten Sweet, Wilson NXT, and Head Syn Gut, and Prince Syn Gut. It just has more feel for me and controllable power.
From: Ed, San Diego, CA, USA, 7/11
String type and tension: OG Micro 17, 49 lbs

Comments: These strings are great for their price. They are really good for generating spin, very soft and easy on the arm, and a breeze to string with as well. They stretch a fair amount when stringing so I actually managed to get a few more string jobs out of a reel. I usually hybrid them with Gosen Polylon to make them last a little longer. They get a lot of bite on the ball. All in all, a string I'll always have in stock.
From: Tam. 5/11

Comments: Using the Gosen 17g in crosses of a Flexpoint Instinct @ 55 lbs and MSV Hex in the mains @ 55 lbs as well. It is as crisp as you could want with plenty of power and feel with adequate spin production. The strings seem to respond better to a medium low tension in tight string patterns. Durability is ok (8-9 hours) as I rarely use heavy topspin on my shots unless hitting a pass or lob.
From: Gregor, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. 4/11

Comments: Glad to hear that you are liking the string, Gino. Two years down the road from my last comments here, GSM 17 (white, which I think is crisper than the natural) is still my only cross string. Nothing else like it.
From: Jon, Milwaukee, WI, USA, 03/11

Comments: I usually do my own research by talking to people and reading comments on TW feedback before I buy 660ft of strings (long commitment!). I am biased to Kirschbaum strings. Been using them for years. I was looking for a decent and cheap string for crosses and Gosen came to mind. This particular string was my #1 choice and from all the comments I read here the ones that stood out were the ones left by Jon from Milwaukee. I never tried pro line II (but always wanted to try) so I bought the 2 spools and endorse everything he said. I set tension to 57lbs. Great combo I found. After playing 3 sets the strings didn't move that much, great control, excellent spin, (enough to drive my opponents crazy!) and good pop on the serve. I have recently bought two Head YOUTEK IG Speed 16x19 and am adjusting to the racquet (used to play with Head Microgel extreme pro). Thank you Jon from Milwaukee!
From: Gino, Long Beach, CA, USA, 02/11

Comments: There is no better deal anywhere in the world of strings. Feel, tension maintenance, and ease of stringing are all well above average. Works as a full bed strung on the tighter side for open patterns, or as a terrific cross to soften up polys and kevlar. But for me, where these strings really shine is in an 18x20 pattern. With the tighter pattern, you can string these a little looser, resulting in great feel, nice grab on the ball, and terrific depth control. For what it's worth, I agree that the natural seems to play better.
From: Liam, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 12/10

Comments: These are my strings of choice after wasting hundreds on name brand polyesters. They give you so much feel and comfort. By the time they break you are ready for a fresh set anyway. String it tight as they are elastic and maintain tension very well.
From: Jason, Marietta, GA, USA, 10/10
BLX 90 @ 60 pounds

Comments: This is a great string! I've always used head rip control, Isospeed, and Luxilon. But my friend made me try this one and it's awesome! It has more of a livelier feel into it and for the price you can't beat that.
From: Gerry, Spartanburg, SC, USA. 07/09

Comments: Great string, great value! Feels great all the way till you break them. I did break them in 2 days (like 5 hours of play) so durability is not great for somewhat strong hitters. Hybrid this!!
From: Kevin, California, USA. 05/09

Comments: Tried this string after reading reviews, great string. Nice ball pocketing, resists string movement for awhile, and more durable then some other syn guts out there. Broke string job in about 20 hours, but hey, for the price I couldn't care less. I have been told though that the Og-Sheep Micro 17 natural plays better than the crystal, so I'll be trying that next.
From: Kai, Cupertino, Ca, USA 04/09

Comments: I totally agree with Steve about using this amazing string in the crosses with co-poly mains (I use Kirschbaum Pro Line II 1.15 @ 49). Terrific all around performance with incredible feel, power, and plenty of control. Curiously, I also get even more spin with this string than I do with thinner syn guts such as BiPhase 18 and for me it also outperforms natural gut in all areas. At this price, the Gosen can't be beat. Don't string at too high a tension or you will reduce the performance.
From: Jon, Milwaukee. 04/09

Comments: Gosen Sheep Micro is a fantastic string. I use it as a cross with Kirschbaum Pro Line II 1.15 mains (49/55) and get amazing pocketing, spin, power, and control. In combination with a poly or co-poly, it is just about the best thing out there. That the string lasts about the same amount of time as the Pro Line before going a bit dead is perfect (about 10-12 hours of hard playing). For me, the Gosen plays better than any of the fancy multifilaments and even is better than the best gut in virtually all areas. All this for a great price. Amazing!
From: Jon, Milwaukee. 3/09

Comments: Based on the good comments about this string and its low price, I tried this string on the crosses with MSV Focus Hex 17g. on the mains. This provides a wonderful combination and softens up the poly really well, while considerably improving feel at the net and only slightly reducing topspin potential at the baseline. I just got back from 3.5 hours of hard tennis and my arm feels great. These strings are excellent as a hybrid combo. I haven't yet tried them as a full string job. I definitely recommend them.
From: Steve, Davis, CA. 11/08

Comments: This is some really good string. I have used this in conjunction with ICE 17 Poly for a little more durability. I hit very hard and with a lot of spin. I am going to start to use on the OG Micro and see how that fares.
From: Hugo, Lake Mary, FL. USA. 08/08

Comments: Gosen Og-sheep Micro is the best synthetic string I have ever used. Great playability if string within the factory recommended tension range - very important, above average durability and easy to string; and the price is unbeatable. Definitely worth a try!
From: Roger, Houston, TX. 7/08

Comments: A good choice for a player who wants to save some money, that's if you string your own. The feel is 7/10, and the durability is 8/10. I used to use 65 tension, but I gradually went down to 55, and I could start feeling good contact when I hit the ball. I think this string is not designed for high tension because it compromises the feel drastically. If your tension is around 55 lbs, then this is a must try for you.
From: Paul M, NJ, USA. 12/07

Comments: This string lasted 15 hours of play for me. I use an extreme eastern forehand grip. It was strung in a 6.0 85 at 62lbs. At first I didn't like the string, because I felt the ball was sliding off the strings without any bite. After about 8 hours of play, I felt the string settled in, I don't know why it took so long. After that the strings felt really good, with good feel and power. I would say this is a decent string. I do hit the ball with a lot of topspin. If you have a stringer and don't mind stringing every week or so, it is a good string to try.
From: Mike, Bloomington, MN, United States 06/06

Comments: This was probably the worst string that I have ever used. I have a Babolat Pure Drive Plus. I purchased this string, thinking it would be a good string. Wow was I wrong. The tension stayed for about 1 set, then the tension became very low. Durability was about the only thing I found to be good about this string.
From: Kevin, Litchfield, MN, USA. 11/04

Comments: This string played a lot crisper than I (perhaps unrealistically) expected, which I don't like. It's a personal preference, but if you like soft strings, I'd look elsewhere.
From: Kevin, Austin, TX, USA. 2/04

Comments: Gosen Og-Sheep Micro 16 (or 17) feels like Prince Synthetic Gut but with much better feel and a little softer, though just as crisp.
From: Silvers, Message Board post, USA, 11/01

Comments: I found Gosen Og-Sheep Micro 17 string to be a good all around string on a racquet strung at higher tensions. It plays well and provides a decent blend of control, power and durability. It has performed to my expectations. I keep it on one of my racquets and, as a stringer, I recommend it to other tennis players looking for a good all-around string. While I believe that some other strings are over priced, you can't beat the price of this string for its overall performance.
From: Michael, Phila, PA. USA 12/00

Comments: Gosen Og-Sheep Micro 17 Natural is a good all-around string for those of us with limited budgets. It doesn't play as nicely (or with as much spin) as the Gosen 18, but it lasts at least twice as long. Where the Gosen 18 lasts me about a week and a half, I can sometimes get as much as a month out of the Gosen 17 before it simply must be changed. Good feel, good control, good price ... I string it up pretty tight because I don't need power from my strings, and it always performs as expected.
From: Greg, Costa Mesa, CA. USA 7/00

Comments:If you're the type of player who finds the thicker, more durable strings too lifeless and lacking in feel, then Gosen Og-Sheep Micro 17 Natural might be the string for you. I get excellent feel and plenty of power with this and will now not use anything else. There may be other strings out there which will give you a little (and I do mean little) extra performance, but you won't find anything to come close to its combination of playability and price. I highly recommend it.
From: Kim, United Kingdom 7/00

Comments:Gosen Og-Sheep Micro 17 Natural has very nice playability and ball bite make it a great deal for an all court type game. It might be the fact that it's thinner than regular 17g. string. You can guess the drawback -- durability. I broke one string after 4 sets which I never experienced before. The feeling of the ball is average but power is plenty. It's as comfortable as some "soft" versions in the Prince line up. Nice baseline string.
From: Jeffrey, San Jose, CA. USA 4/00