Comments: I have been playing for some time now with nagging elbow soreness. Recently, I have also developed a soreness in the pinky side my wrist. It was frustrating because I would no more than start to play a match, then my arm would begin to hurt, and, as much fun as tennis is, I would just want the match to be over so I could rest and ice my elbow or wrist. My racquet of choice has been the TT Scream for several years now. I am 55 years old. I am a 3.5-4.0 player with a big swing and I liked the control that I got from the Scream racquet. I have an OS for doubles and a mid-plus for singles. The soreness in my arm and wrist was not going away, and I was facing taking a lot of time off from tennis, or maybe even seeing a doctor, PT, etc. After reading some of the comments here, I decided to try the O3 Hybrid Spectrum. I was skeptical that a racquet could make much difference. OMG was I wrong ! I played 3 sets of doubles today and 1 set of singles and my elbow AND wrist feel great! Hardly any soreness at all, just a tinge. As I played today, and as I am writing this, I can hardly believe it. I just wanted to keep on playing because my arm was not bothering me at all. Man, what a difference in the feel. This racquet is SOOOO much easier on my arm. From now on, I will certainly pay more attention to the stiffness of a racquet frame. I sacrifice some control with this racquet, but I will get used to it. Some shots seem to lack power and some seemed to sail on me a little, but I think with time I will learn to handle those. I am not claiming that this racquet is a cure for tennis elbow or sore wrist. But I am VERY surprised at the comfort level of this racquet compared to the Scream. The Scream is great for the 20-30 somethings, but at my age, I will gladly sacrifice a little shot control for a whole lot of arm comfort.
From: MJ, 5/12
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut 16, 60 lbs

Comments: I love this racquet! I've played with a handful of other racquets over the decades and ended up with the original Spectrum! I had bought a Head racquet last year to get back into competition after laying off for nearly 25 years! But I didn't realize how head heavy it was and that it was more suited to a power hitter - not for a spin and slice kind of guy like me. I developed the worst case of tennis elbow where it was literally screaming at me as I played and played. But after a quick assessment by my P.T friend that the racquet was too head heavy for me and then also another taught me how to pronate my serves and in combination I went back to my 30+ year old White Spectrum, literally my tennis elbow disappeared in little more than 2 months! That's when I started looking for another racquet and low and behold, I find the Spectrum O3 Hybrid! A great "find" to replace the grandpappy of an old racquet! Immediately my total all around game improved dramatically to point I won all my USTA matches with re-born confidence! It was so good to me that when I broke this new racquet (it slipped out of my hand while going for a power ace) I went and bought 2 more! At least now I can play with the heavy hitters and play up also! I love this racquet!
From: Sushiray, 12/11

Comments: I love this racquet! After playing with some more expensive Heads, other Prince and Babolat, I found this gave me the most control, was the most "head" balanced racquet for my style (not a power hitter) and also greatly helped with my tennis elbow to point I have no more pain! That speaks volumes for this racquet! I would recommend for advanced beginners/intermediates, may not be enough racquet for the power slugger. But it helped me increase my power, accuracy, swing, especially on my serves, comfort level and net play.
From: Sushiray, 12/11
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 16 Clear

Comments: I have been a huge Prince fan over the past 20 years. I am sorry Prince used a legendary name for a far-from-legendary racquet. There is nothing in this racquet that could resemble the original model from the late 80's, not the oversize model and obviously not the midsize frame.

Comments: I've switched from one of the Wilson racquets to this one. Itís a very good racquet from baseline and net. I use the OS and it dominates at net. The power isn't that high compared to the pure drive but with the right strings that can be changed.
From: Henry, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core, 58
NTRP Rating: 2.5 - 3.5

Comments: The racquet is wonderful! I switched from a APDC and this is just a little better for my play style. Its great all around the ground strokes are beast and serve is very easy to place and volley although they are a bit weak and don't have too much depth, are really accurate and precise. my only complaint is the strings the racquet came with. I'd suggest restringing
From: Princington, Fort Worth, TX USA 08/09

Comments: Amazing racquet. I have been using for 2 weeks straight everyday and wow!. It increased my forehand and top spin drastically. You just go wrong with this racquet. I have the OS one with prince top sin plus.
From: Alex, Columbia, Tennessee 07/09
String type and tension:prince top spin plus / 60lbs
NTRP Rating: 2.0-2.5

Comments: I've had this racket for about a year now. This racket is great with groundstrokes with control. Strings tend to break easily knowing that they broke twice since I bought it. At the net it is just okay because it's harder to put the ball away. I would recommend this racquet.
From: Kevin, Ocean County, NJ, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Wilson sensation 16, 60lbs
Headsize: 110in

Comments: This racket was a demo that I bought and I have done very well with it. I bumped my serve speed up a lot.
From: Danny, Atlanta, GA, USA, 03/09
Headsize: MP

Comments: Excellent all around. Awful at the net but everything else is great. At the net you must put a little more into it, or will just not go anywhere!
From: Stephen, NC, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger string

Comments: What an awesome racquet! I've been playing on and off for 16 years and am just getting back into it seriously (26yrs old). I like to play aggressive. With this racquet I can play from the baseline or rush the net looking to volley my way to some easy points. Even after playing some hard-hitting people this racquet is great at net and good for slice. Also with right tension and string type it has great power for short powerful strokes. Thank you tennis warehouse for having such great deals, and fast service both on the ground and on the court.
From: Jay, Taneytown, MD, USA, 9/07
String type and tension: Luxillon big banger, 58lbs
Headsize: mid-plus
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5

Comments: I tested this racquet along with 3 others. I've been a Prince man my whole life. This racquet lives up to the reputation Prince has achieved. Serves are crisp and powerful, groundstrokes keep my opponent back on the baseline while I attack. Absolutely no vibration while hitting and a sweetspot roughly the size of the Grand Canyon. I'm 35, been playing tennis for the last 20 years, this is one of the best Prince racquets on the market.
From: Ryan, Houston, TX, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Prince Topspin, 62 lb
Headsize: OS

Comments: I love this racket I had a head intelligence before this and I just couldn't do the spins I wanted so I wanted a new racket with the same power but with more spin and this racket is perfect for that
From: Chase, Friendswod, TX, USA, 06/07
Headsize: midplus

Comments: I highly recommend this racquet I had a Wilson Hammer and this racquet brought me much more control with enough pop to keep my opponents back at the baseline. Great racquet.
From: Xander, Moore, OK, USA. 4/07
Headsize: MP

Comments: This is an amazing racquet! I tried many racquets and this was the best of all. I also liked the O3 blue, but I found that this racquet had more control, and the same amount of power.
From: Lisa, Houston, TX, USA, 04/07
String type and tension: Prince lightening xx 17, tension 60 lbs
Headsize: OS

Comments: I had a HEAD intelligence racquet, which I really liked, but I found it somewhat hard to put some spin on it so I purchased a HEAD liquid metal and I enjoyed it but it wasnít worth the money so I returned it after a week and decided to buy this racquet. It is amazing, improved my game, easy to get spin off. Even though its more expensive than my previous racquets it is worth it. I absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it.
Headsize: OS

Comments: When I set out for a new racquet, I knew I needed something that would help me keep my heavy hits under control. Today, my mission was over, I found the racquet of my dreams - O3 Hybrid Spectrum. After I bought it, I immediately found myself a court. I can now take a full swing without fear of going long and pick up low scooters with ease. I didn't test any serves as my main concern was keeping my power under control without having to take a half-hearted swing. If you're a heavy hitter that struggles with control, GET THIS RACQUET!
From: BJ, Gretna, NE, USA, 12/06
Headsize: Mid +

Comments: My coach recommended me this racquet. In my opinion it is a better version of the 03 White. Not too heavy, moreover, it is not as strong up at net. It's great for consistent players at the baseline so that is why I would recommend 4.0+. I like the racquet because it is a middle way between racquets (not to light, not to heavy). I have 4 of these, so I highly recommend it. Can't really find anything bad, except that at net it tends to be weak.
From: Max, USA, 11/06
Headsize: Mid-plus

Comments: Highly recommended! This racquet suits well for 3.0-4.0's. The large sweet spot and the faster swinging ability helps with baseline play a lot. I have better net play, spin serves (twist, slice, topspin, etc.), and faster groundstrokes. The power isn't something much, but it has way more topspin on my shots. Awesome control helped me pull off passing shots with my 2-hand backhand in a tournament. Again, I suggest this racquet for people around my rank.
From: Sam, CA, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut @ 62 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I bought the hybrid spectrum a few weeks ago. Was very pleased with how it played. Iím a lefty with a two handed backhand, and a loopy forehand that I sometimes hit flat. I originally used to use the Wilson hammer racquets and found a lot of power but so little control. So I tried this, and was amazed I lost a little power and found a lot of depth and control with this racquet. Itís great for topspin. Some things I didnít like was this is not the greatest racquet when it comes to volleying. I found it very hard to hit a clean volley. My drop-shots which are normally very precise, got more depth on them. My serve is the same as it was with my old racquet. I think I can do with the changes on volleys and drop-shots. This is a great racquet and I will continue using it!
From: Michael. 10/06

Comments: I had been using a Wilson N-code N6 racket for a while and I ended up breaking it. I was using my friend's 03 Hybrid spectrum and found that it improved my game a lot. The racket has a good amount of power but then it also has a lot of control to it so even with harder shots the ball will stay in the court. Also I found that the racket made it much easier to aim my shots so I am able to hit line shots much easier which is improving my game a lot as well. I think this racket is better for intermediate to advanced players because I myself fit in that category and to me it felt like I got better than my old racket. With this racket I am able to hit as hard as I want and have really great spin. I just purchased one of my own today and I'm really glad I did.
From: Justin, Lynnwood, WA, USA. 10/06
Headsize: OS

Comments: I have tested this racquet with the Hornet. I have found similar hits with the Hornet but better balance, even with a little crispy feel and a bit more power. Control and power is excellent. I have found the racquet to be more maneuverable than the Hornet. My serve is very good. Overall, I liked it. I gave away my Yonex rdx 300. I recommend this racquet.
From: Peter, Vancouver, Canada. 9/06

Comments: I was using a couple super-light Head Intelligence racquets (under 9 oz) and was hoping for a racquet with better feel and a little more stability on volleys. I demoed a bunch, including the Wilson n-series racquets and the Babolat Aeropro racquets. The Spectrum was sort of medium heavy (compared to what I was using) and during the demo days it felt like I didn't get a solid WHACK out of it...had a soft feel. Well, I've been using it for a few weeks now, hitting hard, serving hard, and I'll tell you that it's made a difference in my game, because I can feel absolutely where the ball is on my strings. That lets me adjust my strokes to hit the ball properly (only a 3/3.5 player). Topspin seems a little tougher with this one, but I get some without trying too much, and now I'm hitting the ball with a more solid stroke.
From: Chris, Vacaville, CA, USA. 10/06
Headsize: Mid Plus
NTRP Rating: 3.0/3.5

Comments: The 03 hybrid spectrum is a good racquet for anyone wanting to go from an oversize to a mid or midplus. This racquet doesn't give really hard and fast hitting serves so anyone who has a really fast and hard serve will not like this racquet. I loved the Hybrid Spectrum because it did give me more control and a lot more topspin on my hits. I did notice that it does vibrate a little bit more than the 03 white but there is more power in the white which I don't like. Overall this is the racquet that fits me perfectly and I am definitely going to buy it.
From: Michael, Stanchfield, Minnesota, USA 08/06
Headsize: Mid-plus

Comments: I played with the Spectrum 03 oversize demo for a week, and then bought it. Being a big fan of the original Prince Thunderlite racquet, I found many similarities in the Spectrum. It was solid on all shots, and very stable. The 03 is smoother and more maneuverable than the Thunderlite. This is one of those frames that would work for beginners right up to advanced - intermediate level players.
From: Roger, Orange, CA 07/06

Comments: I have been playing with the 03 Red for about 8 months, and liked it fine. I decided to demo the 03 Spectrum and have been using it for about a week now and have found it to be quite maneuverable. I have a fast swing speed and hit with a lot of pace and power, I have found with this racquet I am able to hit through my shots without having as many of them go long or mis-hit. I have had several people including my instructor tell me how well I am hitting since I began using this racquet. My shot making is much more precise. It seems like a racquet that is good for people who hit with a lot of power, as it provides a great deal of control. Those who rely on a racquet for added power will probably not like this racquet so much. As far as volleys go, it seems to work fine, it just requires a little more punch. I think I'll be purchasing this racquet this week.
From: S.L., Boise, ID, USA
Headsize:MP
NTRP Rating:3.5/4.0

Comments: I found that I could really step in and hit deep heavy balls. I found that at net the racquet was not very stable due to the low weight. Serves were ok, I could really make the ball kick up but I couldn't get much pace. I found that this racquet plays very much like the O3 White but better.
From: Jake, Lansing, MI 06/06
Headsize: midplus

Comments: I demoed this racket yesterday, even though it's not officially out yet. Very nice. Though it's light, the even balance gives it a solid feel. It's more powerful than I would normally like, since I tend to like control-oriented racquets that allow me to hit the big forehand and serve, but the easy access to power did really help my one-handed backhand and block shots. It wasn't as good for my forehand as one of the control-oriented, spin-heavy Wilson racquets, but it was good overall. This is a game-improvement racquet, perfect for people who need to slow their strokes down a little and focus on form while still getting some depth to their shots. If I knew that I would be playing frequently and staying sharp, I wouldn't buy this racket. But it I'm honest with myself, I know that I sometimes do take breaks from the game and a stick like this would make it a lot easier to transition back into it. I'm going to try a few more rackets, but this is a definite maybe.
From: Kris, Portland, OR, USA 05/06