Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour Blue/Punch Men's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: Have had 5 pair of the Zoom Vapors since there inception. As with all the prior models they require no break in and can go from the box to the court. The only concern I have is that the latest model do not breath at all. If I play for 2 hours the shoes take 1.5 to 2 days to dry out. This issue causes an even worse issue as the shoes take on a bad foot odor from staying the slow drying time. Not sure if Nike has changed the material but seeing that this is all synthetic shoe it does not breath. I have a pair of the latest Ballistics and they are worse as there is no mesh in these shoes.

Comments: I have had these for 2 months now. I have always been a big fan of the Vapors for their comfort and lightweight and these shoes are the most comfortable tennis shoes I have ever worn. The tongue is thicker than the past versions, so it's more comfortable. I really enjoy how quick I can sprint for drop shots with these shoes and the pattern looks fast and great too! However, there are also downsides to every version of the Vapors. Durability, like the previous versions, is not very good especially on hard courts. I'm a toe dragger so the traction pattern in the toe area is already gone as well as the sides are starting to wear out. Also the top of the lacing system (by my ankle) also seems to peel off the more I move in them or if I scrape that area by accident which leaves the layer underneath showing. Finally, like Jim said, I felt the lateral support isn't very good as I've almost rolled my ankle afew times, maybe because of the soft upper. I also own a pair of Court Ballistic 4.3 and if I don't need the speed and just for casual hitting, I would wear that for lateral support and durability and ration the use of these 9.5s for tournaments only. So in conclusion, do I like these shoe? Very much so for the comfort and speed! Just keep in mind that it's not the most durable and you might want to alternate your shoes.
From: Ken, 5/14

Comments: Great shoe and a nice improvement from the Zoom Vapor 9. As far as performance they are great. I play 90% on the time on clay and my last pair of zoom vapors I wore out the insert in the shoe before the soles. Highly recommend these.
From: Geoff, 5/14

Comments: Love these shoes. They are ready to go right out of the box, no break-in required unlike the ultra stiff and heavy Barricade 8s. I wear them three times a week and after two months they do not have any sign of wear. Best shoes ever.
From: Jose, 5/14

Comments: I've had these for a couple months now and I have to say, I'm not impressed. The shoes are comfortable for sure, but they slip so much and they are no where near as stable as the Barricades, but, I guess thats the trade off. These were the first pair of Nike tennis shoes Ive bought and I will not purchase again. Ill be trying New Balance next time like I should have bought this time.
From: Orland, 5/14

Comments: I play for a tennis academy and go through a pair of shoes in about a month since I play 4 to 5 hours of tennis on an average day -- so that's not half bad for how much tennis I'm playing in them. These shoes have a thicker tread at the bottom and I feel like they didn't wear as fast, and that they felt more durable than the Vapor 9 tours. I've tried the Courtbalistics and I have compared my shoes to other people that I play with that have shoes like the new Lunar Balistics, and the Vapor 9.5s clearly hold up the best. I would definitely recommend these shoes and I will most certainly be getting these in the future -- 10/10.
From: Ryan, 4/14

Comments: Got these shoes 4 months ago and they are probably the most comfortable tennis shoes I've ever worn. I forget that I'm even wearing them when I play, which would be the ultimate goal of any shoe I suppose. On the downside, they don't provide much lateral support whatsoever and I managed to roll my ankle pretty hard after a little jump. After being out for about a month, on the first day back, I popped the heel (which seems to be an issue with the Nikes I've owned). Loved the comfort and lightness of this shoe, but probably never buying another Nike tennis shoe again. I'd recommend this to players who don't beat their shoes up and those who are not susceptible to ankle sprains.

Comments: My 14 year old son wears these shoes -- he loves them, but I don't! The durability is horrible. The shoelace holes rip -- the last pair he wore was just for 1 month. I buy a new pair for him every 2 months.
From: Beth, 3/14

Comments: Very comfortable and stable shoes. One of the best I have played with. I have been wearing them for 12 hours and until now, there are no signs of wear.
From: Sanjin, 3/14

Comments: I have been a Zoon Vapor line user for the last years. I have tried at least 6 different versions and by far this is the best pair of shoes I have worn so far. No break-in required, soft but stable, light and comfortable. The lacing system allow you to adjust the shoe to your preferences along your foot. I have heard about durability but I have not seen nothing to be worry about during the month I have been using them. I usually play two times per week, two or three hours per time with a very demanding routine lead by a personal trainer.
From: Miguel, 2/14

Comments: First day wearing them. Analysis: Needed two socks to fully feel snug and movement free in my normal size. Very comfortable cushioned shoe plus the ventilation was excellent. Never once did my feet feel like they were on fire. I know the durability is probably not that great, but I'm happy with my investment. Money well spent.
From: Ari, 2/14

Comments: I moved so well with these shoes, given that they aren't built for endurance, but more for comfort and flexibility. Great shoes if you can afford to buy more than a few pairs each year, since I don't expect them to last very long, if playing several hours a week. Even Federer changes them every match.

Comments: These shoes are incredible. The Vapor 9 Tours were the best shoes I had ever played in. The only complaints were they were a tad soft, and the toungue was a little thin so it moved around. These are just a bit stiffer and the tongue is wider and stays in place. Plus the color looks awesome. Best shoes I've played with and I've played with most the Nikes. 10/10.
From: Brad, 1/14