Wilson NXT Power 17 String Customer feedback

Comments: My 13 year old son is a Junior USTA Intermediate level player and had his racquet strung with these strings at the recommendation of his head coach. It did noticeably help his control and confidence. After about 5 hours of play (about a week), we were already planning on when to re-string in time for his next tournament. During the second week, he was unable to hit his shots confidently and his second serve became frustratingly tough to get in. By then, the center of his racquet looked like a hairball. My son is not a particularly hard hitter, but he does put a lot of spin on the ball. I have to agree with Anon's feedback that the strings appeared to perform well for the first few hours. Then it quickly wears away.

Comments: Feels great for the first few hours. Then they start to fray like crazy. So the duration that the strings feels good is actually very short, despite not breaking yet. So the cost during its usable life is quite high. Tried regular NXT before. It is not as crisp, but much longer lasting.

Comments: I'm a D1 college-level player with an all-around game. I'm a hard hitting lefty who uses a semi- western forehand and a one-handed backhand. I strung this up in the crosses (56 lbs) with Luxilon ALU Power Rough as the mains (54 lbs). I have to say that I loved how crisp the strings felt on the first day. You really do feel connected to the ball with these strings. However, after 3 hours, the strings began to start fraying and started losing playability. On the second day, I noticed a much deader feel on my stringbed. I would recommend a different string if you are looking for durability, but if you are only looking for near natural gut-like performance, this is a great string for you.