Wilson NXT 17 String Black Customer feedback

Comments: Strung a racquet each in black 17g and original natural 17g -- the black lasted about 5 hours total playing time. It is stiffer and the sheath material flakes rather than frays. No difference in feel but durability is worse than regular NXT.
From: Alec, 6/13

Comments: I tried these and found them to be quite good and responsive. I am a big hitter using the Wilson BLX Blade Team with the strings at 51 pounds. I had no trouble keeping the ball in the court while blasting monster forehand shots. There is no sign of wear after 2 hours of play.

Comments: I got these for my 12 year old son, and they broke in under a half hour.

Comments: I play 4-5 times a week, and I hit with a lot of topspin. I had always used the Wilson NXT 17 Natural - which is a fantastic string, but I pop them in about a month (I have it on two racquets and strung at different tensions - both pop fast). I thought the coating on the black strings would last longer - Not the case! I put it on strung at 59, and I popped a string after about 10 hours of play. Very unhappy with the black version of this string, you lose some of the feel - and they pop faster.
From: Lisa, 5/12

Comments: Looks great when strung - it was purchased for my 11 year old son for his BLX Team. Feedback from him was that it played really well but it frayed in less than 2 weeks of regular play. Factory strings with Sensation lasted at least twice as long. It was particularly disappointing as the initial playability was fantastic and given that it is a closed string pattern racket I would have expected them to last much longer. Have now replaced with NRG and will be interesting to see how they perform by comparison at the same tension (54 Lbs).
From: Phil, 2/12