New Balance WC 786 D White/Yellow Women's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: I play active doubles at the 4.0 level frequently (4 to 5 times a week), and I wear orthotics. This shoe is perfect for my foot requirements: wide in the toe box, good cushioning and good stability. I have a very difficult time finding a well-fitting tennis shoe, and this one works! It's also comfortable from the very first wear.

Comments: I was directed to these shoes after they discontinued my beloved NB 656D tennis shoes. These fit and feel OK but do not compare to the 656s. Those fit like a glove, these fit like a shoe. They did not need a breaking in period which is good. The 7.5 D is slightly longer in the toe box, but over 1/4 inch narrower across the toe box than the 656D. After several hours on the court, my toes are missing that 1/4 inch! They are also rather plain compared to many other NB styles. I will continue to use them, but am still looking.
From: Missy, 4/15

Comments: This shoe is wide at the toe, but uncomfortable. I have shipped it back to return it and hope to try another light weight more comfortable option from New Balance. The leather upper was rather stiff and even with orthotics in the soles it still felt stiff.
From: Lisa, 4/15

Comments: The 7.5s wide fit me a little long but wide NB shoes used to fit me well. They were a bit narrow too. My toes were sore for months after playing. Giving them up and trying something different.
From: Kathy, 3/15

Comments: I have standard size 6 feet, no other significant feet issues other than plantar faciitis which is fixed with orthotics. The heel cup was slightly loose on this style for me. The toe box and arch were comfortable. New Balance has very good wide court shoes. Give these a try if you find the heel cup to be too snug on other styles.
From: Jean, 12/14