Tecnifibre NRG2 18 String Customer feedback

Comments: Awful! Put them on my Yonex 97 at 55 lbs and they fried on the third match! I've been using Prince Synthetic Gut before this and those strings last at least for a month-three times a week hard hitting!
From: Rosen, 2/14

Comments: I am a 65 year old 4.5 male. NRG2 is my string of choice due to arm/shoulder issues. Everytime I try something else I come back to NRG2 for its soft feel and playability. Yes, it is a powerful string. I have switched to 18g for more spin/control and string it up a little tighter. Still no arm issues. Also works well with a soft poly hybrid.
From: Jose, 4/13

Comments: I restrung two sticks with NRG 18; Dunlop 300G and Wilson nCode @ 57 and 54 lbs. Results: Dunlop had the same power level same predictability. Wilson nCode: This string did an amazing job on my Wilson stick that I didn't really like before. There is no doubt for me - that's the best string I've ever used (a least on Wilson's). I've tried a lot of Babolat mono and poly as well as Gamma Live Wire.
From: Dan, AB, Canada. 4/11

Comments: I get good durability by using sting savers-10 or more matches. Good topspin and control. Use a Babolat Aero Pro Cotex and string it at 60#. This string saved my inside tennis elbow and arm.
From: Jim, New York City, NY, USA, 09/10

Comments: I've been using these strings for 6 months now. I use the Head Radical Flexpoint OS strung at 62 lbs. These strings are hands down the best synthetics I've ever used. The thin gauge bites in to the ball giving it tons of topspin when I take huge cuts on the ball. It has amazing feel but the strings are only good for a few matches and then they break. If you want to improve your game and don't mind having to frequently restring, this is the string for you.
From: Cedric, Phoenix, AZ, USA. 06/10

Comments: Way too lively and too much power for me. I like to generate my own power, and these were trying to do it all for me. I can't remember ever missing so many routine forehands which is my weapon. I could not keep anything in the court. After an hour of frustration I switched to my other racket which had Gosen micro in it. Five minutes later everything started going in. I am a 4.5 player with long stokes and lots of racket head speed. No doubt these provide good action, but I guess I prefer a deader string.
From: Steve, Tulsa, OK, USA. 10/09

Comments: I've used Tecnifibre NRG 16 for years and have been impressed with it. I tried the NRG 18 recently -it broke with about 3 hours of total play time. Playability didn't seem much better than the 16 gauge string. I'm sticking with my 16.
From: Ken, Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA 06/09

Comments: Why did I ever try another string? I had been using this on my K Blade Tour, full set up at 60lbs. So, one day I decide to shake things up by switching strings, trying hybrids, etc. All I can say is..."Don't know what you got, 'til it's gone." I really missed the feel, comfort and power of this string. I am 40 yrs old (hence the Cinderella reference), primarily play S&V singles and a lot of doubles. It strings up easily and I recommend it to everyone that I know. When combining the factors of playability, comfort and cost...it's a no-brainer.
From: Chris, Clearwater, Florida, USA. 1/09

Comments: This string plays extremely well. Plays the same as Tecnifibre X-one Bi-Phase. I hybrid this string with Luxilon Banger Ace 18g for added durability. Great pop and spin, very comfortable, ultimate feel and control.
From: KC, Oakland, CA, USA. 3/07

Comments: I LOVE THIS STRING!! Currently using it in my Babolat Pure Control Team (16/20) in the mains with natural gut in the crosses @ 60#M/58#C for awesome feel and great spin. I was able to generate much more topspin off both my FH and one-handed BH. My BH slices have much more depth and backspin to keep the balls really low off the bounce. My kick serves also benefited, too. Before trying the NRG2 18g, I was using Wilson Enduro or Babolat Hurricane, but they lost tension too fast. I will never go back to poly strings again.
From: Marc, Roswell, GA, USA 04/06

Comments:Great string. I use this in my RDX-500HD's and it plays just as well as the X-1 BiPhase, I find it hard to tell them apart. The feel I get on both touch AND power shots is simply perfect, it's like the ball is just hanging in the string bed waiting for you to tell it where to go. Tension stays constant and in the HD racket they wear very well. I used to cruise the string offerings trying different stuff, but I have settled on the Tecnifibre strings
From: Darrel
Yelm, WA USA 10/05

Comments: I was skeptical about this string since it was called a power string but figured I'd give it a try, and it's the best string I've used. I was playing with Luxilon Ace, and liked it but thought it was a touch stiff, but not harsh. As an all around performer NRG 18 is the best string I've ever played. Controllable power, and exceptional spin. As far as the durability, I think it's very good, it frays quite a bit before the big pop.
From: Hersel, Atlanta, GA, USA. 9/05

Comments: Best string ever, providing amazing feel, control and power.
From: David, Los Angeles, USA 07/05

Comments: Plays like gut but there wasn't enough comfort for me here. Great string if you want a string that's similar to gut.
From: Dave, Boise, ID, USA. 05/05

Comments: Top 2 best 18 gauge strings on the market. Great pop across all shots. Exceptional "gut like" feel and bite. If your game demands performance this string has your back. Depending on your game each set will give you anywhere between 5-12 hours of solid play.
From: P Roybal, USA. 03/05

Comments: I play everyday for 7 hours and the string gives me the power and control that I need. The only down side is that I break them every 3 1/2 weeks.
From: Jason,Houston, TX, USA. 10/04

Comments:This is the best string on the market. I have tried all thin gauge strings for my Prestige Classics, but none can compare to this. In my opinion it is better than gut because it holds tension very well. It has great bite and sensational control and is great on the arm. If you have a "players" frame you have to try this awesome string!
From: Isaac, Australia. 4/04

Comments: I tried Tecnifibre NRG2 strings after a 5 year tennis layoff on the advice of an experienced MRT and really liked the strings from the start. But being the type that likes to experiment I had to go out and try 30 other strings from multis, monos, polys to natural gut. Well other than natural gut (or gut hybrids), I conclude that Tecnifibre NRG2 18 gauge is still the finest playing string on the market today at any cost. When you factor in the cost, I challenge anyone to come up with a better string at any price. And yes I have tried Gamma Professional, Laser Fibre Phenom, Gamma Live Wire XP, Babolat Xcel and Wilson NXT Tour. The next best string to Tecnifibre NRG2 18 is Tecnifibre NRG2 17. All other strings are mere impostors. Of course, IMHO. Enjoy the search for the holy grail of strings.
From: Peter, Portland, OR, USA. 1/04

Comments: The Tecnifibre NRG2 18 gauge is the best string I've played. It has great control, spin and touch and is extremely comfortable. Be prepared to re-string often as it has little durability, particularly if you hit hard and play often. Still, if you serious about your tennis, the other characteristics make it worth a try. It is a great string!
From: Jim, San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA. 10/03

Comments: The Tecnifibre NRG2 SPL 18 is the best string that I have played with that is not natural gut. It feels great and stringing it is a joy. This string holds tension well and plays like natural gut
From: Jeff, Highland Park, IL. USA 5/02

Comments: It's a excellent string for power, feel, spin, and control. One thing the string doesn't offer is the durability. I broke that string in a week, and that's pretty bad even though I hit with pace and topspin.
From: Bill, Houston, TX. USA 5/01

Comments:Tecnifibre NRG2 SPL 18 feels great for my arm! And it strings so easy, almost weaves itself.
From: Doug, Fresno, CA. USA 1/00

Comments:Tecnifibre NRG2 SPL 18g. is by far the best string I have ever used, and I've used a lot of different strings looking for something that fits my game. I'm at a 3.5 level, and all other strings either don't last, don't offer control, or transmit a lot of shock to the arm. This string has great control, great feel on the arm, great touch, and although they don't last that long, there is a night-and-day difference in the way they play. And, if you buy the strings from TW and have them installed for $10 (on a Babolat 4 Star stringing machine or better), you'll be paying about the same as you would for a crummy string sold at pro-shop mark-up.
From: Greg, Costa Mesa, CA. USA 11/99

Comments:Tecnifibre NRG2 18 gauge is, in a word, "fantastic", at least compared to any other non-natural synthetic gut. I am a 5-5.5 level player (would be much better if I would keep my head down), use an unusually heavy racquet, hit a very 'heavy' ball with widely varied spins, and am a long time physicist doing super-computer mathematical modeling. This is provided to properly qualify the comments here.

The difference between the 18 gauge and even the 17 gauge is quite substantial. Certainly, the string life is not as good as the thicker string, but still quite acceptable, except on the highly abrasive European clay courts. With extensive use of string savers, the playing life is all that can be reasonably expected, especially given the extraordinarily high quality of resilience, control, comfort and power. As cheap as the cost of the strings are when restringing, I see no reason to use anything less. All who try my racquets are uniformly shocked at the vast improvement in comfort, spin attainment and ball control. With the string savers, there is no reason to go to high tensions, which tend to substantially decrease longevity, and extraordinary control is still maintained.

It should be noted, with emphasis, that it is the 'playing lifetime', not the 'breakage lifetime' that should be the decisive criteria for any skilled player. Most of the strings we have tested are dead after as little as 2-3 hours of play. Some are stone dead upon installation. By this, it is meant the relative resilience of the stringbed.

All in all, the NRG2 series of strings appears, from our testing, far ahead of every other string tested. Carefully controlled independent testing of identical racquets, strung identically, only varying one parameter at a time, will clearly verify or refute string claims.
From: Gary, San Jose, CA. USA 10/99

Comments:I'm a 2.5 level player at my very best. I've restrung my racquet many times to find the best string for my arm. Tecnifibre NRG2 SPL 18 String is, by far, the softest and most comfortable string I've tested. The thin 18g. seems like a big jump over the 17g., where spin is concerned. It doesn't take too much effort to get good spin. It's great, a player of my caliber, hitting slices that change direction as much as they do. The only minus may be wear (common for an 18g.) NRG2 SPL 18 String Seems to play just as well as Gamma TNT 18g., but with better feel and softness.
From: Stephen, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 09/99
Racquet type and tension: Yonex RQ-700 Ti @ 57lbs.

Tecnifibre NRG2 18 String - Where to go from here

Multifilament (No Wraps)
Tecnifibre Multifilament - Comfort & Enhanced Playability
1Tecnifibre NRG Buy 4 Pay 3(exp OCT31)
Tecnifibre String