Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour Bk/Pink/Volt Men's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: After a 15 year break, I'm back at competitive tennis. I used to wear NB, so I ordered the top of the line NB shoe. It took 5 minutes to take them out of box, put them on, take them off, put them back in the box and tape it. Terrible. Next I tried the adidas Barricade club. No feel at all. I wore them to play a few times out, but never really liked them. Felt like ice skates to me -- I had to wear them, but didn't really look forward to it. Read all of the reviews on the Zoom Vapor -- low durability seemed to be like the largest concern. I haven't worn Nike shoes since the Agassi Airs in 1992. I was hopeful. I have a short, chubby foot, but the Vapors fit like a glove with no side rub at all. No break in time. Light, fast, soft. Feels like I'm in the game again and have good feel on the ground. I play singles and doubles at a 4.5 level. I think if you drag your foot a lot, you'll probably wear them down or tear through them very quickly. I don't -- I'm happy with the shoe after a dozen outings.
From: Gaetan, 1/17

Comments: I used to wear adidas shoes, but I switched to the Nike Zoom Vapor about 2 years ago and fell in love with it. I have used 3 different pairs and love them. No break in needed, very comfotable, lightweight, and the durability is pretty good too.
From: Trinh, 12/16

Comments: Terrible shoe, poor quality control. Played in the shoe many times hoping they would break in, no luck. I have a narrow foot. The sides of the shoe cut into my small toe on both shoes. These must be made for folks that don't have all their toes. Nike should be ashamed with these prices and turning out such poor quality.

Comments: I'm a collegiate level tennis player and I consider myself an all court player. The Nike Vapors have displayed the highest quality in allowing me to stay low to the court and light enough for quick reaction and turning. My ankles feel fairly secure within the show and allow for a nice snug feel, I do have narrow feet. I play 6+ times a week which in turn breaks down the shoe within two months. Overall, the Nike Vapors are my shoe of choice when it comes to making me feel confident and comfortable in my game.
From: Jesus, 11/16

Comments: I've had about 10 pairs of these shoes and I love the lightweight feel and fit that these shoes provide unlike any other speed orientated shoes. However I have had my fair share of problems with these shoes. Out of my 10 pairs, I have had to return about 8 of them due to the same problem, the inside heel mesh separated with the base of the shoe under the insole. This caused the cushioning inside the heel to fall down and become very uncomfortable to wear. I've never heard of this problem for anyone else and it's always on my left heel. I can't find the problem but I don't really care if these shoes are so good. The durability is a problem also but if you care about durability then go for a different shoe unless you have an unlimited budget for tennis gear. If you don't have a budget for tennis shoes then these are a must try.
From: Jack, 9/16

Comments: Extremely comfortable, great fit and support. I can't seem to wear any of my other tennis shoes since getting these. I'm a 4.5 hardcourt player who relies on my speed as a weapon.
From: Anonymous, 8/16

Comments: I can confirm -- my mesh ripped a few months in when playing on clay.
From: SG, 8/16

Comments: I loved the 9.0. Got the 9.5 -- great fit and performance on the court. However, after 1.5 hours of play, the cheap plastic around the shoe is coming off. The craftsmanship is really poor. I expected much more from a $130 shoes.
From: Minh, 8/16

Comments: Got a pair of 9.5s for my Birthday. Love the fit, traction, and comfort. Like other reviewers, my only issue is with durability on the upper parts of the shoes. I play on hard courts, and after 3 months, the soles are fine, but the mesh near the little toes on both shoes is coming loose. Shoe Goo works, but for $135.00, I would expect much better quality. I have worn out the soles of much cheaper shoes, but the uppers look ok and I wear them as casual shoes.
From: Louis, 7/16

Comments: I have had 3 pairs of of these shoes. Each one performed more then adequately. They look great and are very maneuverable on the court (primarily hard courts for me). Happy with how long they lasted as well. great shoe all around.
From: Aaron, 6/16

Comments: People saying that the mesh rips, I have never had that happen in 10+ pairs of my Vapors. So I guess it depends on the person?
From: Jack, 5/16

Comments: So typical of Nike, the retail shoes always look different from the one the pros actually use. The one Federer uses has a complete different colored sole. Such a turn off!
From: Fernando, 5/15

Comments: Pros -- this is the perfect shoe -- great playability and comfort. There are none like this shoe. Cons -- the net betwen the top reinforcement at the height of the little toe tears rapidly where the shoe bends and there is nothing to do about that. I have to throw away a perfectly good shoes. I would give durability a 1 out of 10. I wish Nike would reinforce the area the shoe would pick up a lot of life.
From: Bruno, 5/16

Comments: Super comfortable. They provide excellent support for lateral movement and exceptional grip on any court surface.
From: Anonymous, 5/16

Comments: Best tennis shoe ever produced, hands down. Fits like it was made for me.
From: Jack, 4/16

Comments: Great shoes, but poor durability. Prematurely tears the mesh located on the outer side of the toe guard. Solution! Shoe Goo! Reinforce the mesh with shoe goo. Apply a coat around the area where the tear occurs.
From: Elton, 4/16

Comments: This shoe is very light and comfortable and I love playing in it. Unfortunately, I developed plantar fasciitis shortly after I switched to it from the Nike Court Ballistics 4.3. So I would probably recommend swapping out the insoles if you're coming from more cushioned shoes.
From: Adrian, 4/16

Comments: Finally! The shoe fits! After buying, trying on and sending back four different brands of shoes I ordered my second pair of Vapor 9.5 Tours and they are awesome. Since I already have a pair I wanted to try another brand and style. I like to buy the best models and coolest colors. I have Asics Gel Res 6, Diadora, and Vapor 9.5. already. So I tried the black Gel Res 6, which were too narrow but had a great insole. Then I tried the KSwiss Big Shots but they were a bit less comfortable and too bright (bought the clearance ones). Then I ordered the Grey adidas Wall Street Barricades which were beautiful but too tight. I didn't love the styles of the current Vapor 9.5s or the full price but I bought the gray ones and they fit perfectly. They are really good looking too. So like so many others, I think nothing compares to the Nike. And Tennis Warehouse is the best place to buy top shoes. I love their service and return policy. It's easier than mall shopping. I also got a discount, so thanks TW!

Comments: Very good comfort but pathetic durability. I have similar issues highlighted by Dennis with the toe area fabric ripping in about 2 months. Not worth the price in my opinion. I would rather look at the Barricades 2015 or Asics Gel Resolution 6.
From: TJ, 1/16

Comments: Good shoe for comfort but not great for longevity -- the outsole lasts about 2-3 months of about 7 hours a week of 4.0 play. The gap of fabric at the end of the toe protector tends to rip for me within the 1st 1.5 months, though it doesn't have much effect on the performance of the shoe. The most comfortable shoe I've played in, but Solution Speeds last me 1.5-2 months longer, so it's hard to justify these for me. Absolutely lovely to wear once you are done with them for cusual wear.
From: Dennis, 12/15

Comments: I am 15 years old and play on my local high school team. I've tried many different tennis shoes and these are by far the best I've had. The shoes are light weight and still relatively durable. I still think the shoes requires a small break in. This is by far the best shoe out there.
From: Carter, 12/15

Comments: I'm a 44 year old 4.0 male player and am coming off of wearing the adidas Barricade Vs which are garbage. They were so stiff and built like a tank. Felt like I had cinder blocks on my feet! Also gave me the dreaded black- toe. They were made of synthetic leather which did not bend properly or mold to my foot over time -- hence lots of pain and blisters! On the opposite end of the spectrum are the Zoom Vapors which feel like ninja tabis/socks! Super comfortable -- like walking on air! Not the most durable looking shoes, made of breathable mesh surrounded by a TPU body (that has various patterns/colors printed on it), but that's fine by me since I play once a week. The sole seems to be holding up on my hardcourt surface too! Never switching again -- these are my new go-to shoes!

Comments: Best shoe ever. Got this shoe when it first came out. And it has always been the best. Nike has continued to make these better and more stylish. They are extremely comfortable and cool looking but not quite as long lasting and durable. Perfect for juniors though.
From: Anonymous, 10/15

Comments: Nice shoe, and I have always wanted to try one and once my Asics GR5 wore out, I took the dive and picked up a pair. I've always had issues with Nike's shoe sizings. Even though I remember they fit fine in store at my true foot size of 8.5, when I got them from TW it felt too snug particularly around the metatarsal . So I ordered 9 and 9.5. The 9 was just snug and not too tight and 9.5 felt quite comfortable. I went with 9s and good thing too because after 3 hours of playing they definitely expanded and feel just right. I have 3 pairs of Nike Lunarglides and I always went 8.5 and they stretch to fit like a sock. Now compared to the GR5, I think I prefer the GR5. The GR5 is slightly heavier and some say "clunkier" but honestly I like having that solid platform to explode off of. I'll probably pick up a GR6 to compare.
From: Nelson, 10/15

Comments: I've had them for about two weeks . The fit is great, they are light, and the outsole durability seems better than the 9. The zoom air cushioning is OK, but I was expecting to get the same level cushion of basketball shoes like zoom Kobe 5 and 6. Overall, really good performance and definitely worth the money, especially comparing to the $165 Lunar Ballistic.
From: Russell, 9/15

Comments: This is probably the best shoe I have ever owned. I would like a tad bit more lateral support, but I'm being super picky. The stability is great, durability is outstanding, and it is very comfortable. I will be buying another pair when the price drops.
From: Alex 9/15

Comments: Fantastic shoes. I agree with Dalton -- "as soon as I put these on I knew I had made a mistake -- I could no longer wear any other shoe." Perfect.
From: JD, 9/15

Comments: As advertised, no break-in required. This shoe is absolutely amazing. The fit is glove-like with the right amount of stability. It's so comfortable to wear right out of the box, and on the court it really delivers. I wear a size 10 so I ordered a pair of 10s, naturally. These shoes fit true to size, and I've had no problems with them whatsoever. Good job Nike.
From: Jeremy, 7/15

Comments: I'm not very experienced with tennis shoes. I decided to try the Vapors becuse they were the most comfortable tennis shoe I tried and they were by far the lightest. Hopefully they last a long time!

Comments: Great shoe. Lightweight and cushioned.
From: Tryston, 6/15

Comments: I really did not like this shoe! It is way too soft and offers no support. By just putting it on, you can feel the movement of your foot in the front of the shoe. I am currently finding a more stable one to use.
From: Peter, 6/15

Comments: I loved the previous version of this shoe and wish I had bought multiple pairs. But when I couldn't find them anymore, I switched to these. I am a huge Nike fan but for some reason these just did not fit my foot. My ankle bone was "stabbed," for lack of a better term, by the shoe so badly that it bruised. Every step I took, I felt the shoe digging into me. I have had shoes that give me blisters before but this was a whole new level of pain. I had no way to combat the "stabbing" into the back of my ankle bone so I unfortunately only got to wear the shoes a few times. I even thought that I may have received a bad pair and bought a second pair, same issue. I'll chalk this one up to a fluke and wait it out until the next version arrives. For now, I'll play in the Air Max Cage.
From: Dickson, 5/15

Comments: Really stable shoe! I love the way it wraps my foot, and the Zoom in the heel is really responsive, while being plush at the same time. Really comfortable tennis shoe.
From: Roger, 4/15

Comments: I feel the Vapor 9.5s deliver a holistic dynamic. They help create balance hence keeping you on the point without tripping. They are extremely comfortable and lightweight, therefore ideal for the sport. However, the sole is not glued using a durable glue/adhesive, hence may cause small tears initially that will widen if not mended.
From: Utsav, 4/15

Comments: I bought these shoes for my birthday and I love them so much that I am going to switch to the Vapors for the rest of my career.
From: Jack, 4/15

Comments: I bought this shoe for my son who is a freshman in high school. He wore them maybe 10 times and the sole is completely worn through. We are having to switch back to another shoe because he slides on the court. Big mistake.
From: Kristi, 4/15

Comments: As soon as I put these on I knew I had made a mistake -- I could no longer wear any other shoe. The fit and form of these shoes are perfect for my foot. I always do the TW recommendations for sizing, and my regular 10.5 fits fantastic. I've worn lots of shoes over the past 10 years: T22, Resolution, Propulse. I wore Barricades for a long time, and more recently the Air Max Cages. None of the shoes I've worn had the light weight, comfort and support that the Vapors have. Durability is yet to be seen (only been in them for a week), but I don't wear out shoes like I use to. I'm an all-court player, so quick cuts, slides and straight up sprints during rallies are all done in pure confidence in the Vapors. Plus they look awesome. Love them. Won't go back.
From: Dalton, 2/15

Comments: This shoe is fantastic. It is extremely durable and requires no break-in at all. Having used the adidas Barricade for years, I feel that this shoe is much more comfortable and lightweight, and I would never go back to a Barricade again. Fits true to size.

Comments: Nice toe box. For you guys worried about a narrow toe box (which in turn can cause you to have a black toe nail from slamming on the brakes) don't worry. These shoes also aren't narrow for any of you with wide feet such as me. As an added bonus, these shoes give me great ankle support. Experiment with the different shoe lace holes at the top of the shoe. I'm using the very last holes which give me great support.

Comments: I found this shoe to run a bit large, maybe a 1/2 size or so. I'm usually a 14 in all Nike from running to trainers and 13s fit perfect in this shoe. I was never a huge fan of Nike tennis shoes due to my narrow foot (adidas fit best) but these are great! They are ready to go right out of the box and to test their claim of being built as light as a running shoe, I went on a run of over 3 miles and no problems. These are great shoes, very comfy and so far have been amazing on the court! I have the Navy and Atomic Orange so far!

Comments: Usually Nike's run true to size but I found this model to be a 1/2 size small. The pair just arrived today but myy toe is at the end of the shoe, so they'll have to go back.

Comments: My 14 year old son saved up his money and bought me a pair for my birthday, what a surprise! These don't even look like shoes, they are so gorgeous they look like works of art! I don't want to wear them lest they get dirty! Can't wait to try them. Just putting them on, as others have said they feel like slippers. However, I head these won't last. Well maybe I will just use them as slippers, they really are that beautiful!

Comments: Still the best performing shoes in tennis. Comfort, quickness, stability -- it's all there. However, there is still the issue of poor durability. They'll last a few months at most for a 3.5+ player. I estimate mine will run through in a little over two months, and I'm a 4.0 player. I have to save the Vapors for match play only, which I don't really mind because the shoes are just so great on the court. I'm still waiting for the day when Nike releases a Zoom Vapor shoe that performs great but also lasts more than 7 or 8 weeks. That would be the greatest tennis shoe of all time.

Comments: I played in Zoom Vapors in the past, my favorite one was the Vapor 9. But for some reason the 9.5 Tour does not fit the same way -- the front part of the toe box is made smaller it seems, therefore the whole shoe feels shorter and is crushing my feet. I've tried two different pairs from this model and it was disappointing after all. Nike please keep the sizing true, so I don't need to look for another brand like I am forced to do so now!
From: Pete, 10/14

Comments: I wore the Vapor 9s and figured I would give a shoe with some durability a shot over the summer. I tried out the Asics Gel Resolution 5. While that shoe is very durable, the second I put my new Vapor 9.5s on and wore them straight onto the court the first time out of the box I realize now that I will never switch shoes again. I don't care about the durability (even though it is better than reported by some people). It probably does wear down for someone who plays singles for 3+ hours a day, 5 days a week. But for me, who plays about 4 hours a week, there is no better shoe on the market. So comfortable, fast, and supportive all while being one of the best looking shoes out there too. Switching shoes has only taught me that once you find a shoe that works, stick with it.
From: Preston, 10/14

Comments: These shoes are so comfortable (even right out of the box) that I forget that I'm wearing them while I'm playing. I've got pretty bad ankles, but they feel pretty secure in these shoes. I don't have any cons whatsoever about these shoes. And with all the comments about durability, I've had these shoes for maybe 2 months, I play maybe 2-3x per week for a few hours, 3.5 level, and there is barely any wear or tear.
From: Albert, 10/14

Comments: Love this shoe. It is appealing to the eye, has a great fit and perfect for a lot of movement.
From: Nikola, 9/14

Comments: Buyer beware, if you are a competitive tourney player, play a higher level of tennis, let's call it 4.5 and up, NTRP, junior tourney play, etc. -- this shoe will fall apart in 6 weeks. I'll be candid, I'm disappointed, and I live 5 miles from Nike HQ! It's a good amount of money for a shoe, and then to have it be so poorly made life expectancy wise. There is no way Fed wears this show for more than two weeks.

Comments: A very comfortable shoe. I typically get 'runners toenail' for lack of a better term, where my second toe's toenail turns black from banging into the end of shoes, no matter if they fit a little big or small. The Vapors are the first shoe I have worn in years that I haven't had the toenail issue, or any other foot problems for that matter. I'll stick with these as long as possible. Super comfortable.
From: Kev, 9/14

Comments: Have had 5 pair of the Zoom Vapors since there inception. As with all the prior models they require no break in and can go from the box to the court. The only concern I have is that the latest model do not breath at all. If I play for 2 hours the shoes take 1.5 to 2 days to dry out. This issue causes an even worse issue as the shoes take on a bad foot odor from staying the slow drying time. Not sure if Nike has changed the material but seeing that this is all synthetic shoe it does not breath. I have a pair of the latest Ballistics and they are worse as there is no mesh in these shoes.

Comments: I have had these for 2 months now. I have always been a big fan of the Vapors for their comfort and lightweight and these shoes are the most comfortable tennis shoes I have ever worn. The tongue is thicker than the past versions, so it's more comfortable. I really enjoy how quick I can sprint for drop shots with these shoes and the pattern looks fast and great too! However, there are also downsides to every version of the Vapors. Durability, like the previous versions, is not very good especially on hard courts. I'm a toe dragger so the traction pattern in the toe area is already gone as well as the sides are starting to wear out. Also the top of the lacing system (by my ankle) also seems to peel off the more I move in them or if I scrape that area by accident which leaves the layer underneath showing. Finally, like Jim said, I felt the lateral support isn't very good as I've almost rolled my ankle afew times, maybe because of the soft upper. I also own a pair of Court Ballistic 4.3 and if I don't need the speed and just for casual hitting, I would wear that for lateral support and durability and ration the use of these 9.5s for tournaments only. So in conclusion, do I like these shoe? Very much so for the comfort and speed! Just keep in mind that it's not the most durable and you might want to alternate your shoes.
From: Ken, 5/14

Comments: Great shoe and a nice improvement from the Zoom Vapor 9. As far as performance they are great. I play 90% on the time on clay and my last pair of zoom vapors I wore out the insert in the shoe before the soles. Highly recommend these.
From: Geoff, 5/14

Comments: Love these shoes. They are ready to go right out of the box, no break-in required unlike the ultra stiff and heavy Barricade 8s. I wear them three times a week and after two months they do not have any sign of wear. Best shoes ever.
From: Jose, 5/14

Comments: I've had these for a couple months now and I have to say, I'm not impressed. The shoes are comfortable for sure, but they slip so much and they are no where near as stable as the Barricades, but, I guess thats the trade off. These were the first pair of Nike tennis shoes Ive bought and I will not purchase again. Ill be trying New Balance next time like I should have bought this time.
From: Orland, 5/14

Comments: I play for a tennis academy and go through a pair of shoes in about a month since I play 4 to 5 hours of tennis on an average day -- so that's not half bad for how much tennis I'm playing in them. These shoes have a thicker tread at the bottom and I feel like they didn't wear as fast, and that they felt more durable than the Vapor 9 tours. I've tried the Courtbalistics and I have compared my shoes to other people that I play with that have shoes like the new Lunar Balistics, and the Vapor 9.5s clearly hold up the best. I would definitely recommend these shoes and I will most certainly be getting these in the future -- 10/10.
From: Ryan, 4/14

Comments: Got these shoes 4 months ago and they are probably the most comfortable tennis shoes I've ever worn. I forget that I'm even wearing them when I play, which would be the ultimate goal of any shoe I suppose. On the downside, they don't provide much lateral support whatsoever and I managed to roll my ankle pretty hard after a little jump. After being out for about a month, on the first day back, I popped the heel (which seems to be an issue with the Nikes I've owned). Loved the comfort and lightness of this shoe, but probably never buying another Nike tennis shoe again. I'd recommend this to players who don't beat their shoes up and those who are not susceptible to ankle sprains.

Comments: My 14 year old son wears these shoes -- he loves them, but I don't! The durability is horrible. The shoelace holes rip -- the last pair he wore was just for 1 month. I buy a new pair for him every 2 months.
From: Beth, 3/14

Comments: Very comfortable and stable shoes. One of the best I have played with. I have been wearing them for 12 hours and until now, there are no signs of wear.
From: Sanjin, 3/14

Comments: I have been a Zoon Vapor line user for the last years. I have tried at least 6 different versions and by far this is the best pair of shoes I have worn so far. No break-in required, soft but stable, light and comfortable. The lacing system allow you to adjust the shoe to your preferences along your foot. I have heard about durability but I have not seen nothing to be worry about during the month I have been using them. I usually play two times per week, two or three hours per time with a very demanding routine lead by a personal trainer.
From: Miguel, 2/14

Comments: First day wearing them. Analysis: Needed two socks to fully feel snug and movement free in my normal size. Very comfortable cushioned shoe plus the ventilation was excellent. Never once did my feet feel like they were on fire. I know the durability is probably not that great, but I'm happy with my investment. Money well spent.
From: Ari, 2/14

Comments: I moved so well with these shoes, given that they aren't built for endurance, but more for comfort and flexibility. Great shoes if you can afford to buy more than a few pairs each year, since I don't expect them to last very long, if playing several hours a week. Even Federer changes them every match.

Comments: These shoes are incredible. The Vapor 9 Tours were the best shoes I had ever played in. The only complaints were they were a tad soft, and the toungue was a little thin so it moved around. These are just a bit stiffer and the tongue is wider and stays in place. Plus the color looks awesome. Best shoes I've played with and I've played with most the Nikes. 10/10.
From: Brad, 1/14