Nike Vapor Court White/Black Men's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: I bought these shoes because of the amazing price. The fit very well, but they wore out very fast and started ripping so I had to return them. I am a 4.5 player and play everyday.
From: Dhruva, 5/16
Note from TW: Hi Dhruva, We would not recommend this shoe for players who play at a high level and play everyday. They are made more for a recreational player who doesn't put that many hours on their shoes, hence the lower price point. If you are looking for something with more durability and similar comfort, check out the Vapor 9.5 Tour and the Lunar Ballistec or give us a call and we can help guide you in the right direction.

Comments: I play tennis approximately 4 hours a week. I love the comfort of these shoes. For me they fit like a glove. Unlike other reviewers, I don't think they are stiff or too flat. The draw back is that they don't last very long. The first couple of weeks they started to tear on the front (I tend to drag one foot on some shots) I had to get them repaired at a local shoe repair shop. After about 3 months, they are falling apart. I just went out and bought the Nike 9.5 Vapor Tour. Let's see how these hold up.
From: Sebastian, 5/16

Comments: These shoes are the worst! I bought these and the Fed Vapors at the same time, one pair for casual stuff and theVapors for the court. There is no comparison. The Fed Vapors feel like slippers on your feet. These shoes felt like my forefoot was in a vice, even when I ordered them a half size bigger than normal. Nike sizing is getting horrible. The forefoot on all of their recent models is way tighter than any other brand of shoe. The one exception in all of their line of tennis shoes is the Fed's. Pay a little more and get the Vapor line, you will be happy you did! (I'm a 4.5 player)
From: MartyMar, 4/16

Comments: I've been using these shoes for the last year, and feel I could offer some valuable feedback. The price is what lured me in to purchase these shoes, and may I say, I got what I paid for. These shoes have held up pretty well for me, but the greatest drawback is their comfort. A very flat sole and stiff feel are almost unbearable. I had to buy insoles to offer some arch support and comfort. Overall, I wouldn't recommend buying these shoes. Spend in a little more for a better pair that will last longer.
From: Jeremy, 2/16

Comments: Very inexpensive -- which is good. Also, not very comfortable -- which is bad. Very low to the ground, like you're playing barefoot on the court. Almost no cushioning. I guess that's what keeps the weight so light. Unfortunately, the durability is bad, too. Even at their low cost, you'll wear out two or three pairs of these before you wear our one pair of Ballistecs. Is it really a cost savings, at that point?
From: Justin, 12/15

Comments: Great price but I could barely squeeze my foot in them, even with thin socks. The shoe is very narrow and short. It wouldn't give at all with the type of materials used for the upper construction. Had to return them. Will continue using my old Nikes. Thanks TW for free return shipping. Will shop for another style.

Comments: I purchased these for my son (and a matching pair for his wife). Although he has been playing for a while, he has never had a pair of tennis shoes before. He likes them a lot. He and his wife play a couple times a week. They will be great for his game. I could not believe how fast they received them. They were here for Thanksgiving and we ordered them and had them sent to their home in Utah. I ordered them on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and they got them on Friday! The day after Thanksgiving. Amazing!
From: Gayle, 11/15

Comments: One of the worst shoes in my tennis life. The front was ripped off after one day of tennis. The side was ripped off after another game. Disappointed with this shoe and Nike.
From: Sung, 10/15

Comments: I play tennis about 6-8 hours a week. I bought these shoes because I just wanted to try them out. I loved them! The only main problem for me was that they weren't very durable. I bought them back in June or July and now I have almost slipped many times. I love the feel of them but not the durability.
From: Jade, 9/15

Comments: Feels very good -- light, maneuverable, etc. but not built to last around the toe area. Shame. I had a pair of ugly KSwiss shoes that would outlast 2 pairs of these for same price.

Comments: My son wore these for high school beginning tennis and the toes on both shoes started to rip out in the first two weeks. He continued wearing them and soon after the whole front of each shoe was ripped out. We called Nike and they told us to send them in. We paid $15 in shipping only to have them tell us it was "normal wear and tear." I grew up in Nikes and will never buy another Nike product. They don't stand behind their shoes. Horrible craftsmanship.
From: Melinda, 6/15

Comments: An update from two months ago -- I did replace the insoles with Sofsole inserts with medium arch. Now they are very comfortable.
From: Teetertotter, 4/15

Comments: I started off not liking this shoe but after I replaced the insole, I'm very happy with it. I play about 3 times a week and they've been holding up. I am not a toe dragger so I don't have issues there. The stitching around the toe is lasting. I'm about to order another pair. Plus I can wear the old ones as casual shoes.
From: Charles, 4/15

Comments: Buy these shoes only if you intend them for casual wear. They look pretty cool although the finish on these are not the best. They are light and fit well although I had to go one size bigger. They do feel fragile as well. Not surprised that they got torn apart when used for some grueling hard court play. These are shoes for show (since they look similar to the Vapors), not for play.
From: VJ, 4/14

Comments: Please don't waste money on these shoes! I bought them thinking they were a steal, being only $50 and Nike, but I was sadly mistaken. Within just under a month, at about 5 hours of play a week tops on a hard court, these shoes have absolutely no tread left at all. The soles are completely flat! You pay for what you get so invest $40 more and get a pair of Barricades or something, plus with those that have a guarantee, it's basically 2 pairs for the price of one.
From: Treston, 3/15

Comments: I bought this for my son 4-5 months ago. After 3 months of usage, the toes are completely out. Very poor quality from Nike.
From: Sharmila, 2/15

Comments: Haven't had any issues with this shoe other than the fact that it has a wide fit. My foot slips around and I have developed blisters on the ball of the foot. I have put in new insoles for more cushion and I was hoping to solve the sliding issue but it didn't. I just have a narrow foot. I really like the look too.
From: Tomas, 2/15

Comments: I bought a size 13 in White/Volt. There is plenty of room to wear a heavy athletic sock, which I wear all the time. There is roominess for my feet. This shoe is the most comfortable right out of the box and they look good too. I like the looks of them looking from the sides, the sole is flat from back to front, giving the appearance of a flat one piece sole. That is, no separation in the heel from the front sole looking at the shoe from the side. I bought this shoe because of its appearance and price. I wear them for everyday use and for off hand rifle shooting. Thank you Tennis Warehouse for the great price and fast shipping!
From: Teetertotter, 2/15

Comments: I thought that these seemed very narrow.
From: Just, 1/15

Comments: Took me 12 hours of play and the stitching of the toe came undone on these. I don't recommend them.
From: Gustavo, 12/14

Comments: I am on my second pair of these shoes. In my hands these shoes are lightweight and feel like they would not be durable or supportive but as a 200 lb player and after hours and hours of practice and play they have held up for me surprisingly well for a 60 dollar pair of shoes (now even cheaper). They provide good cushioning and a wide, natural feeling toe box that flexes well. Excellent traction too. I did take out the glued insole after awhile to put another prefered one in but they kept feeling good after that and doing what a good tennis shoe should do. For 60 bucks, even with no 6 month guarantee, I am buying additional pairs because it makes as much economic sense as 100+ dollar shoes.
From: Scott, 12/14

Comments: Pretty junky. Toe is all torn up and falling apart after maybe 10 hours of pretty light use (although I am a toe dragger). Theyre very comfortable for my foot though. These would be better suited for post-match wear.
From: Rob, 11/14

Comments: I have purchased two pairs of these shoes. Both have ripped in the seem at the end of the left toe.

Comments: Do not purchase this shoe! The toe has completely come undone! My son has only had these shoes for a month! The sole still looks brand new but the toe stitching is beyond bad! Honestly his old regular school shoes held up better than this shoe designed for tennis.
From: Holli, 9/14

Comments: Not sure how other people have holes just after hours or even days of playing in these. I've never had a problem with these Nike shoes from here.
From: Matthew, 8/14

Comments: I would advise not buying this shoe. My 12 year old has worn this for about 4 months only on the court and it is coming apart at the toe seam already. He played tennis in it about once a week during the summer so he did not put excessive wear on it. Looks cool, but it is not durable. Very disappointed in the Nike brand.

Comments: Horrible shoe. Bought these for my 16 year old son and the leather on top of the toe came unstiched on both shoes after a week of wear. His last Nikes are still in ok shape after a year.
From: Rebecca, 8/14

Comments: My son wore the shoe 4 times and it then split at the seam, on top of the toe. Tried to return to Nike but they refuted the claim and said it was an abrasion that caused the problem. Nike offers a recycling option of the shoes which I thought was a good idea. Unfortunately, because that option was chosen, I didn't have evidence of the issue. I will not purchase Nike shoes in the future. Very disappointing.
From: Valerie, 8/14

Comments: Lightweight and fairly comfortable. They did not take long to wear the sole flat. I have not worn completely through the sole, but the stitching did just come apart at the toe. I'm a bit of a toe dragger. I was going to take the shoe to a shop to get sown back together, but noticed that I probably had one or two practices left before I break through the soles. I coach girls and boys high school tennis and these shoes barely made it through a season for me. I will definitely be purchasing a pair with a sole warranty, probably a pair of Asics.

Comments: Great shoe for the money. And guess what? Finally a shoe you can wear around off court with jeans or whatever you like and not look an idiot with bright gaudy colors. The Prince T22 is a better shoe on court for 20 bucks more, but is hideous looking off court (even in black). I use these shoes to pack and keep my bags light when I go to NYC where I am on business every other week. I play a couple mornings per week when I am there before work. Then I can even wear the shoes around town. I have predominately used them on clay courts and a bit on hard. They are holding up fine -- I bought two pairs right away. For heavy competition when at home in Florida or a heavy day of play I will still opt for my Prince T22s which are probably the most comfortable tennis shoes made at a great price.

Comments: Cheap and nice looking shoes. Comfort is average. Duration is bad (after 3 hours, I have a few holes on the front and the side of the shoes_.
From: Lou, 6/14

Comments: Durability isn't great -- I have played tennis maybe 6 times and the toe has already burst through!
From: Rashad, 6/14

Comments: Exceptional shoes for my intense play on the court. The cushioning is exquisite, comfort is incredible and its lightweight and allows for a quick response at the whim of the user. Throughout the time I wore them, I don't recall a single instance in which my feet hurt or felt uncomfortable. A note for self proclaimed "shoe breakers," these shoes will wear down after a month or two of continuous play. Not very high on the durability side but they are incredibly comfortable and lightweight especially considering the price. These were the shoes I was looking for in my price range for tennis and I haven't looked back since.
From: Jeric, 6/14

Comments: Excellent cushioning and feel! Super lightweight and they hug my feet like a glove. Haven't played tennis in them but use them for jogging and high-intensity agility/footwork drills and the support is solid. The lacing system allows for a great customized fit. Also fantastic for just walking around! Highly recommend them.
From: Francesco, 5/14

Comments: This is a great shoe at a great price. I can't comment on the durability as I've only worn them twice but the comfort, stability, performance, and weight are all great.

Comments: These shoes probably have been the worst purchase of tennis shoes I have ever bought. I bought them for the start of my High School Tennis season and 2 weeks in, the stitching of toe area had completely busted on both shoes, leaving me with busted shoes. They are very comfortable but do not last whatsoever.
From: Nicolas, 4/14

Comments: This shoe is very light and stable. After two weeks of continuous play I have not slipped once. Good cushioning, and the laces stay tight for the entire session. Will fit wider feet. I bought it in white/night factor, and I have received many compliments on the looks. Great shoe at a great price.