Comments: I think this is almost the ultimate tennis shoe. I'm a huge fan of the NB 1187's and have had several pairs over the last few years. I bought the 851 in July because of the extremely light weight, style/colors and mesh coolness for summer. I immediately got off to a rough start during the first match, almost turning an ankle. I laced them a little tighter and kept wearing them though, pretty much shelving the 1187's the last 5 months. I'm a 4.5 hard court player, averaging about 12 hours of play a week. They are just now showing wear into the midsole area, but still have great cushioning. They are a little short in the stability department (relative especially to the heavier 1187), but still adequate. I haven't had any other rollover issues, but I can see how a bigger player might (I'm about 175 lbs). I have never had a shoe that has generated so many "I like that shoe!" comments. I have also never had a shoe that has performed so well in so many respects; lightweight, comfort, cushioning, cool/ventilation. Just a terrific shoe! One footnote: I normally wear a "D" width in other N.B. shoes, but needed a "2E" in these.

Comments: Very comfy shoes! Light, but lacks a little in support. They are still the best shoes I've played in.
From: C, 8/12

Comments: I'm a 4.5 veteran player that plays 2-3 times per week. This is a nice looking shoe but there's little to no arch support. The only way to get through a match is with thick socks. These shoes have little lateral support and will roll easy. They are very comfortable but not stable enough. The quality seems cheap. I am a New Balance fan out of necessity due to a wide foot but it's back to the 1187's for me. Unfortunately plan on replacing those every few months.
From: Dale, 7/12