Comments: I was also a fan of Prince's T22s because of the width of the toe cage, as well as the cushioning. However, I really dislike the heaviness of the shoe -- they seem very clunky! These shoes appealed to me for the wider toe cage, and when I received them and tried them on, I liked the grip in the heel area, it held my heel in place much better than other Nikes. However, after playing three or four times in them, I will not be able to wear them again. My toes are really beat up! I agree with the other comments that these shoes will not do for singles and the pounding your feet take. There is absolutely no forefoot cushioning and my toes are really paying the price. The majority of my play is on clay. I am a pretty athletic 3.5-4.0 singles player who plays doubles, occasionally.
From: Lori, 1/15

Comments: Searching for the perfect tennis shoe is a frustrating experience. My favorite shoe was the Prince T20. The T22 has never been a satisfactory replacement -- too clunky and not comfortable. Due to a bunion, I need a generous medium width. The Air Vapor Advantage is a very good shoe that meets almost all of my criteria. It is light, and the tongue and ankle cushioning are wonderful. The width is fine as well. However, the main downside is a lack of forefoot cushioning which makes the shoe unusable for singles on either hard or har tru courts.I limit the shoes to only doubles on har tru.
From: LS, 10/14

Comments: I have worn the Prince T22s for quite a while but saw these and thought I'd give them a try. While they are light and comfortable right out of the box, they do not offer as much stability and cushioning in the forefoot compared to the T22s. I will wear the Nikes for doubles but I will stick with the T22s for singles where my feet take more of a pounding.

Grey Shoes