Comments: I have been playing with this racket for about half a year now, my coach (an ITF 45+ pro, who has been among the best players there for many years) recommended the Head Extreme Pro (Teflon) to me (he himself uses the same one, well not one, rather 10 or so). I myself like this racket, it has a tremendous power, spin and control capacity, it is also very good at returning aggressively punched balls. Due to its big rounded head (HEAD!) it is also rather forgiving on less accurate shots, but a long (and accurate) swing seems to be a must here. To me it seems like it definitely doesnít like shorter (and faster?) swings, but I may be wrong here ... The Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour 17 string (well, Roddick and Nadal canít be wrong here) looks like an excellent combination with this racket, but no more than 57 lbs of tension, otherwise the racket/string tends to become "dead". Everyone should try this string on his/hers racket, itís just an amazing feeling! I have both: the older Extreme Pro and the newer Extreme Pro Teflon. In the beginning I preferred the older one, since the Teflon is the more powerful one, but now I canít miss the Teflon anymore. Head Extreme Pro Teflon + Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour + a sticky grip/overgrip is all one needs for a powerful and yet controlled play (length, spin, volleys, lobs, serve).
From: Robin, Frankfurt, Germany, 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour 17, 55/57 lbs

Comments: Great Racquet!!! I have been playing with this racquet for over a year and have no complaints. I switched from a Radical to the Extreme, so it took me a few times out to get used to the racquet. However, now I would not think of playing with anything else. I have 2 racquets I play with. I string at 58... I can sit on the base line all match and hit with confidence. When I do come into the net, the racquet reacts nicely. Strong volleys with put away overheads. I'd recommend this racquet.
From: Korey. 3/10

Comments: Very Stiff racquet. When I used tension of 59 lb for this, it was really hard to use this. After re-stringing it 54 lb, it became my weapon. Great spin potential and control. However, serve with this is still difficult. You should have really fast and firm swing to use this as your weapon. I'd like to recommend low tension with it.
From: Yoon, Atlanta, GA 12/09
String type and tension: 54/54

Comments: I played with the previous version of the Extreme Pro but really didn't care for the feel at all and I ended up going back to the Pure Drive. However, this time around I had a much different experience. The frame has great power, a solid feel and produces very good spin.
From: Chris, Tacoma, WA, USA. 11/09
String type and tension: Isospeed Professional @ 54#

Comments: Well I have been playing with this racquet since the first day it came out, and I must say that it is a good racquet and it does take some time getting used to the bigger frame and the extra weight. I myself didn't really enjoy playing tennis as soon as I got it, but after a few weeks, it has been a blast and constantly scoring double baggers (6-0 6-0) :). It has drastically helped my serving game, as I am a short man, I didn't have the best serve but now been serving over 10 aces per game from like 1, 2 or 3 a game. Also volleying was one of my weakest strokes and it has improved it and I am not afraid or have any doubt in coming into the net anymore. And the spin is also good as usual
From: Micharl, Melbourne, Victoria 11/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Rough @ 55 pounds
NTRP Rating: I believe I am a 5.5 to 6

Comments: BAD racquet! Way to much power don't get if you are a power player
From: Carlos, Palm Desert, CA, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Gut 50 pounds

Comments: This racket is incredible; I'm normally a full power player and found this racket to always have a solid hit. When it comes to Volleys, forehand, backhand and serves, it all seems pretty well rounded. The main concern are what strings you use, the default one that came with mines were the Head Pro Sonic which didn't turn out too well, this racket works well with hybrid stringing and probably more power strings. I currently use Gosen Polyester hybrid with another Gosen strings and works great.
From: Jason, Walnut Creek, CA, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Gosen Poly hybrid with another Gosen String
NTRP Rating: 4.0-5.0

Comments: Consistent, solid feel, good spin, adequate power, volleys a little difficult coming from a lighter Flexpoint, overall would buy it again & BTY its a looker :-)
From: Jon, Florida 10/09
String type and tension: Hyb: ProLineII/SynGut

Comments: I've been playing with this racket for the past 2 weeks. The first day I felt that I had made the biggest mistake( previously used tecnifibre v295). After constant practice, I have understood the true value of this stick....it just needs time and trust me you will love it!!!
From: Chant, Lebanon. 9/09
String type and tension: Luxilon, 25.5kg
NTRP Rating: Advanced

Comments: Best racquet I've ever had. Power and precision is exellent. For me the serves improved the most. However it takes a few hours to get used to the racquet and you should be a rather advanced player.
From: Mats, Gothenburg, Sweden 09/09
String type and tension:60 lbs

Comments: I bought 3 of the 2008 versions, beautiful racquet. A bit heavier than others, great power, great spin, great control. Don't string to a high tension, it's better to have a lower tension with this racquet. Great for an aggressive play style. It's not for beginners.
From: Logan. 8/09

Comments: I just bought the previous Extreme Pro a months ago and I really like it. A week ago I bought the new Extreme Pro 2009 and I was disappointed. I would call it "downgrade" not "upgrade" but I do like the cosmetic nice color. And I agree 100% with Mdubb and Sean comments.
From: Elmer 8/09, California, USA 08/09
String type and tension:Wilson duo @ 58 lb.

Comments: This racket is very impressive. I've hit it only a couple times, and it feels great. Spin production is great, and the power potential is great. I've hit with head radicals for a long time already, and this is a step up. The vibration from the strings on harder hits is a small issue. I use a rubber band, and it feels good. Overall, a great stick from a great company.
From: Kevin, Fort Lee, NJ, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid Pro Hurricane 17 + XCel 16 @ 58/57

Comments: Terrific racquet from Head - I previously used the Head Instinct(flexpoint)- this one took a bit of getting used to, with the different head shape and the Teflon grommets, but once used to this after several hours of hitting these racquets speak for themselves. Solid, maneuverable and lots of spin - a joy to play with.
From: Ian, UK 07/09
String type and tension:Klip Excellerator 17, strung at 58lbs
NTRP Rating:ITN rating 5

Comments: Some negative comments as I read through, but I thought this racquet is pretty good. Just bought two cuz I was always interested in it. Made swich from Pure Drive Roddick +, really didn't like the color on the new GT, so thought give this one a try. Feels very similar to the Babolat Pure Drive series. Lots power compare to some of the tour racquets(prestige mid) I used to use. Maybe not as solid as the Tour Diablo, but much more power. Ground stroke is solid, lots of spin. i could use little more pop on serve but I guess is already good enough. Could improve on volley tho. Over all very nice.
From: Matt, San Diego, CA 07/09
String type and tension:Poly Plasma 17 at 58lbs
Headsize:100sq in

Comments: I'm almost to a 4.0 level and this racquet will hopefully do it for me. I played with this racquet yesterday for the first time. I liked it alot! It has much more control then my previous racquet, which was a Volkl Tour 8. Its not as stiff either. The balls go in where I hit them. Excellent feel as the ball is on the racquet. The bigger head helps, particularly with volleys. The weight is not as heavy as I thought, I swing hard and could probably handle an even heavier racquet. The only drawback is its about a 1/4 inch shorter then my previous racquet, and the handle is shorter. I have a 2 hand backhand, and my hands are much closer now. But I can adjust to it. Great racquet!!
From: Sameer, Chicago, IL 07/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 17 @ 58lbs

Comments: I just ordered 4 racquets of this new version of the extreme pro out and waiting to receive my racquets. I think so this racquet offers effortless power compared too the old version of the extreme pro and every other racquet on the market. Itís way cool. Itís the best racquet you could ever buy. The new teflon grommets are the answer. Go Head youíre the best racquet brand by far.

Comments: Switched from Prince Speedport White tour, and really like this racquet. Great spin potential, and more power on my serves. Solid at the net too. Only issue I have is that in both racquets I have a noticeable vibration in the strings, which is a little distracting. Great racquet..
From: Hal, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Pro Supex Big Ace @ 61lbs.

Comments: Wow! Very comfortable racquet, very spinny and powerful with a lot feel. I just switched to this one after using the k 6.1 Tour and I'm very happy with this racquet.
From: frank, israel. 4/09
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane tour

Comments: I have not tried the original but I was using the Prestige before my coach recommended that I get a racquet with a little more pop, and better access to spin. He gave me this racquet and I loved it; I already bought two. Favorite strokes with the racquet are groundstrokes and serve.
From: Brandon, Edwardsville, IL., USA. 5/09
String type and tension: Luxilon 49 Wilson sensation 59

Comments: This racquet is really good, and it has nice balance. It is a little heavier than the original version making it harder to maneuver.
From: Anon, brazil. 4/09
String type and tension: sensation 58

Comments: This is better than the old version period, it just takes a few sets to get used to, the sweet spot is bigger and the ball pockets longer giving you more control which is rare on a stiff racket. I have elbow and wrist problems and the technology on this one works. The only little negative I noticed is the spin on my second serves have dropped a little but its not that bad plus the muted sound. Overall it has some significant improvements if your picky with your rackets.
From: Eduardo H., Burbank, CA. 04/09
String type and tension:Hybrid Pro Hurricane Tour, VS Gut @57

Comments: I found this racquet to be fantastic. I felt it was very solid from the baseline and provided more penetration than I expected. Volleying was excellent as well. For me though, the serve was the best. It was a joy hitting this racquet, and I would recommend it to anyone who has solid technical strokes. I played with the old Extreme Pro when it first came out and I gave up on it because balls would tend to fly on me if not hit perfectly. This racquet is so much more consistent. What a difference those Teflon grommets make. Two thumbs up!
From: Curtis, Kansas City, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Rough

Comments: I found this racquet to be fantastic. I felt it was very solid from the baseline and provided more penetration than I expected. Volleying was excellent as well. For me though, the serve was the best. It was a joy hitting this racquet and I would recommend it to anyone who has solid technical strokes. I played with the old Extreme Pro when it first came out and I gave up on it because balls would tend to fly on me if not hit perfectly. This racquet is so much more consistent. What a difference those teflon grommets make. Two thumbs up!
From: Curtis, Kansas City, MO, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Rough

Comments: I personally like this racquet. It just takes time to get use to in my opinion. Yes, the head weight is a little different from the original version, but other than that i think it's a good racquet. You really have to swing at your shots, though. Other than that I love this racquet and just ordered 3.

Comments: Whoa. I truly am in shock right now. After reading Sean's review (below), I really didn't want to believe that this racquet could be that bad. Well, guess what, it is. I couldn't describe it better than he did--muted, springy feel, a complete departure from the first-gen Extreme Pro. The Teflon grommets just don't work, period. A major disappointment.
From: Mdubb on the TT Boards, Chicago, IL, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Luxilon BBO 1.30 @ 58 lbs.
NTRP Rating: Junior

Comments: This might just be the least impressive "upgrade" between racquets I have ever encountered. Two words: stay away. I had been playing with the previous Extreme Pro for a good two or so years, prior to that I had the Liquidmetal Instinct, and the idea of a wider-shaped head for more spin looked great to me (complements today's junior game exceptionally well), when Head first introduced the Extremes in 2007. The previous Extreme Pro was a godsend for me, and, when I heard Head was "upgrading" it, I was extremely anxious to try it out from a Head rep at my club. Let me tell you, the new Teflon grommets mute the feel significantly; I pretty much felt like I was playing with a o3 Hybrid racquet. It also has a much "springier," much more powerful feel than the previous version, regardless of string and tension (my rep's had Big Banger Original at 64 lbs, and it still felt like a trampoline). It really is conceptually hard for me to understand how such a small difference in frames can make such a big difference in its playability, but, trust me, in this case, it does. Stock up on the old Extreme Pros ASAP, is my advice.
From: Sean, USA. 1/09
String type and tension: Pacific Classic Natural Gut 1.25 @ 61 lbs.
NTRP Rating: Highly ranked junior, beat 5.5s at my club; call me a 6.0.

Head Racquet Reviews