Head MicroGEL Radical Oversize Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I have been playing for 25 years and have played with the original Prestige Classic, Classic Midplus as well as the Youtek Prestige S. The frames made today are much too stiff and are not forgiving when you mishit the ball. I agree with all the prior reviews that this is very comfortable on the arm and is the real deal as far as playability. It is a little light, howerever I added some lead tape at 2 and 10 o'clock for better stability. I have had some shoulder issues over the last 5 years and this frame is very user friendly. I am glad that Head still makes some of the best racquets today. This racquet is geared for the middle aged seasoned players 4.5 and above with arm issues. Kudos to Head! I will be back for more!
From: Ken, 8/14

Comments: I am 5.0 player had been using different racquets for the last thirty years. My last three racquets were the Boris Becker 11 (18x20) too heavy for me (11.5ounces unstrung), my wrist is getting tired and is hurting after I played. My other racquet is a Head Extreme Pro L4 16x19, I cannot control the ball due to my grip for spin shots and open string pattern. The ball is dipping to soon, so my shots always go to the mid court, not close to baseline as I want to. My other racquet is a Head Youtek IG Radical Midplus, 98 square inches, the frame is too stiff for me, so I have a hard time controlling the ball. I always like the feel of flexible frames (my Becker 11 and this Microgel). I decided to buy this Radical Oversize, once I played with it, my first impression was wow!, I always like the string pattern of 18x20 or 18x19, I get more control and ball direction and depth and more powerful than my Boris Becker 11, Head Pro L4 and Radical MP. The weight is 11.1 ounces, not too light or too heavy for me, just about right. I noticed my serve also is more powerful than my other three racquets, and the frame is not too stiff. I finally found the racquet that I really liked after 30+ years of playing. I'm in my mid 50's now, I still enjoy tennis and still enjoying my new Microgel OS.
From: Mr. T, 8/14

Comments: I am from Singapore and am a 4 to 4.5 player (or its equivalent) with a double handed backhand. About 2 years ago, I bought this racquet for my wife as she had elbow pain while playing tennis. I bought the Head Radical Microgel MP instead. But after trying her OS racquet, I found that her racquet had more power and plough through compared to my MP. So I bought another OS racquet for myself. I strung it with Gosen Sidewinder at 55 pounds. This racquet is super arm friendly yet it is stable, enough to return heavy serves although its stiffness is 56. It is good in every aspect. No need to add lead tape unless you want even more power, stability and plough through. I highly recommend this racquet for people with arm issues but still love playing tennis. It is one of the softest racquet around yet plays fantastic. I would rate this racquet 85 out of 100 marks. It remains a gem in my collection of racquets!
From: Vic, 8/14

Comments: I thought I would throw in my two cents as you almost never hear from a senior player on this type of racquet. I'm 59 and have the typical maladies resulting from 45 years of playing (knees, shoulder, wrist, ankles etc.) and I still play against players younger and better than myself (4.5 NTRP). When I purchased the racquet I had TW string it with RMP Blast (mistake) and then replaced that with RPM Team (bigger mistake). A local Pro told me nicely that I was too old for Poly strings and to go back to multifilament string. After doing some research, I chose the Technifibre X-One Biphase 17 at 58lbs, I added 4 grams weight high in the handle and a double worm vibration dampener. The racquet plays great with my compact, moderate speed swing, and is easy on the arm. The dampener takes care of the dead feel.

Comments: I got this racquet my second year of playing tennis and it is such a great racquet that I have been using it for the past few years. It was a great move up from a Head TI.S6 and TI.S1 that I recommend it for intermediate players that have experienced racquets like those two. The past year I stuck a bit of lead tape at 3 and 9 to make the strung weight 11.7 oz and it still feels wonderful.
From: Clayton, 11/12

Comments: I just bought a OS MicroGel. I got it used from TW. It was an "A" rated used racquet and it showed no signs of use. Since getting it, I have played with it twice and have been very pleased. I am planning on buying another when my competitions start. Thanks TW!
From: Matthew, 7/12
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut @ 57 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet 6months ago. Control is as good as a midplus and power and spin is reasonable. It is also not hurting my arm. My only problem was that it was not stable enough to handle my heavy serve and forehand but I easily fixed this problem by putting some lead tape on 9 and 3 o'clock position (10grams). This racquet has control, comfort, feel, spin and power and easy on my elbow too. Best stick out there for the price!
From: Wesley, 4/12
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16, 57 lbs

Comments: This is the racquet for you if you're looking for a comfortable OS players racquet; not too much power, good control, and an open string pattern for more spin. Like others, I added lead tape at 3 and 9 to give a more solid feel with greater plow through. This racquet comes pre-strung, and I found that it plays great with those strings; decent power with nice spin potential and control, while producing a nice crisp feel. I bought a second Radical and tried a set of Technifibre X-One Biphase strings that I had in my bag; strings that worked out well in another racquet. While stringing it I noticed on the racquet that Head recommends using a control string (which the Biphase is not). It turned out that these "better" strings produced too much power while giving the racquet a decidedly dead feel. I'm now experimenting with various control strings to find something that gives the feel and control of the OEM strings while creating even more spin potential. I write this because I'm sure some will not even try the strings that come with the racquet, and they will miss what Head intended for this stick.

Comments: I've played with it for the last couple of years. What I like best is you can hit both flat and topspin shots- that's something I don't find in most racquets. Also, I can hit deep, penetrating slices. It's soft on the wrist and arms. At the net, I can hit soft volleys. I added lead to increase the weight to 11.8 ounces. I believe this would be an excellent racquet for either a beginner or a intermediate level player.
From: Ananda Gurung, 2/12

Comments: I own both the original Prince Graphite OS and a Head Radical OS Trisey 260. Both are heavy rackets but head light. Had not played tennis since '95 so I figure I needed a new lighter racket. Problem I discovered was that most of the OS rackets are head heavy to offset the lightness. Started to develop a shoulder problem. Tenniswarehouse people said I needed to use a head light racket to soften the blows to the shoulder. So I went back to the Prince and Head OS since they were easy on the shoulder. But I start to tire when hitting against hard stroke players. TW people said try the Head Microgel OS because it's one of a few OS rackets that is headlight with a good dampening feel like most of the Radical models. Well, my shoulder still bothers me after playing but not as bad, but this racket is 1 oz lighter than the Prince/Head OS models I own, still has the dampening feel I like with TW dampners, and gives me better control due to lightness compared to other rackets. I can generate my own power, so this racket is great for me. Great on volleys and 2 handed backhand. Forehand is good as well but I can hit more outright winners with a much lighter racket like the Prince Ultralite. However the Ultralite is stiff and tough on my shoulder serving. Recommend this racket for your demo trails.
From: Frank, USA, 1/12
String type and tension: Technifibre NR-2, 57 lbs

Comments: This is a fantastic stick. I played around with the lead tape and found 5 grams in the handle really makes it shine. Normally I hit with Prince Rebel 95 which is much heavier and very head light but I love to come back to my Radical OS on some of my practice days: string it in the lower 50's (I've tried all reasonable tensions) and it will reward you with excellent pop, great ball pocketing and decent control. Thanks to its low flex rating you will also find it really easy on the arm.
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line 2, 52 lbs full bed

Comments: I have had one season of playing time with this racquet. Out of the box, the racquet needs a little extra weight. Some lead tape in the 3 and 9 o'clock position (to increase the strung weight to 11.5 ounces) has really transformed how this racquet plays. Solid power, excellent spin generation and decent feel on drop shots and volleys. I've demoed most of the newest Youtek models - IG Speed 18x20, Radical Pro, Prestige Pro, IG Extreme Pro - and I couldn't find one that was as good overall as the MicroGel Oversize. I like it so much I just bought two more.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16G

Comments: This is a solid racquet! I bought the MicroGEL Radical OS about 9 months ago and have quite a bit of court time with it. It has decent power, great spin generation and excellent feel (especially on volleys and drop shots). About 3 months ago, I bought a Youtek IG Extreme Pro expecting it to be step up from this one - power was better, but the control and feel just don't match the MicroGEL Radical. So I've switched back. For the money, this racquet is a steal!
From: AJ, 10/11
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I chose Head Microgel Radical OS as a replacement for the Donnay Pro One OS. The power level and control are about same but I can generate more spins from this racquet. I needed no adjustment to get used to.
From: WC, 8/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17

Comments: I played this frame in 5 events after some elbow flare earlier this year and my coach asked me to try them. He added 56g's at the hoop and the handle since the frame suffered some instability off the shelf. RPM/VS setup gives the proper amount of feedback to the palm and now the frame can deal from the baseline and close in behind a first serve as well; the lead also muted the bed just enough to allow a full cut. Good spin, great feel and won't abandon you when given the chance to turn the point around. This frame performed really well on the dirt as well. This is a great get-by frame until my results earn some sponsorship.
From: Mike. 07/11
String type and tension: RPM/VS
Headsize: OS
NTRP Rating: 6.0+

Comments: After playing with the Prince Graphite for last 25 years, my arm finally said: "ok enough already"! I tried several frames and landed on this one, a little light and not quite as much plow-through until I added 18 grams of lead. 9 grams at 3 & 9 o'clock, and 9 stuffed in the handle. Now this stick works very, very well. Great power, spin, control, stability and most of all a nice smooth/soft/cushy feeling off the bed. And best of all? My arm is ready to go another 25 years!
From: John, Littleton Colorado USA, 7/11
String type and tension: Forten Sweet 17
NTRP Rating: Senior 50's division

Comments: This is the stick. Great at everything. Used to use the Aeropro Drive Cortex but my elbow flared up. I found this and it's way better for me. Spin. Power. Serve. Every aspect. Comfort too. The best move I ever made. It's a baseliner's dream but can volley also.
From: Dean. 5/11

Comments: I'm a big server the racket is great, I love this racket. I especially like how light durable it is and it is very easy to get a long and powerful swing.
From: Alex, Bahamas, 10/10

Comments: Amazing I just switched from Babolat pure drive and the power you get from this stick is really reasonable. Comparable to Babolat, cheap price, and a better feel. Although the control was ok it starts to pressure my hand and I'm a more mp user. Recommend it to players in advance to league players
From: Jeet, OH, USA, 10/10
NTRP Rating: middle school team

Comments: I let this racket destroy me for too long. I switched to it from the liquidmetal OS and used it from March through September until I finally switched to something else. Nothing went well with it: groundstrokes were horribly inconsistent and my service return game was nonexistent. I didn't win a thing in my senior varsity high school season. I've since switched back to the liquidmetal followed by the Youtek and suddenly everything is back to normal (way better with the Youtek Radical). I just wish I had done so sooner.
From: Brandon, Warwick, RI, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Rip Control 16g, 58lbs.

Comments: At the moment I play with the Babolat aero pro drive gt, it's great, I played with this stick for about a week and I'm in love. I never thought an oversize racket would give me everything I wanted. It was surprisingly stable, great volley; incredible backhand as everyone has said, forehand is good too. What it changes in you game is consistency and placement. It is very easy to dictate where you want your shots to land. The oversize has so much room for error its ridiculous. I recommend this for players who like to play a "smart" type of game with lots of placement. The cons are that this stick wont let you control your powerful shots. The sweet spot is so large that it causes some random placed shots on the court. I use this racket as a separate stick when I'm having a bad day and can't concentrate on tennis too much. It's mindless hitting, incredible consistency for every shot.
From: Abe, Canada, 09/10
String type and tension: blue gear 58lbs

Comments: I replaced my Liquidmetal Radical with this arm friendly stick. My backhand significantly improved. Compared to my previous racquet, I can produce good spin with Microgel Radical OS. I have been playing for 2 months and I liked it.
From: Dogan, Houston, TX. 09/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16G @ 58 lbs

Comments:Looking for a replacement to my Prince Graphite OS's, I demoed this racquet along with about six others over the course of a week. From the beginning I loved the feel of the groundstrokes. I have a big looping forehand that tends to send balls long, but with the MG Rad-OS I felt as if each stroke was under control. I literally could not hit the ball long. Early on I did have some trouble serving with the MG Rad-OS and really liked some of the other racquets (Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 (3Hundred) Tour was especially great), so I put it aside. After several days of playing with the Dunlop I realized it and the other racquets were killing my shoulder. I had to swing so hard to get any pace that my body was breaking down. I have a tendonitis in my shoulder and it was going crazy. So on a whim, I grabbed the MG Rad-OS again and after a bit the pain went down significantly. Given some practice my serve is actually much better with the MG Rad-OS than it has been in some time. If you like OS racquets and need more than a little control, this is worth a hit. NOTE: I normally like more open string patterns (love to hit tons of topspin), but this racquet doesn't seem to have any problem with generating tons of spin. I have 16g RPM blast stings in it and I can tell you the spin is fantastic.
From: Aaron, Franklin, TN, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: 57 lbs.

Comments: The backhand is fabulous but the forehand is not as good as expected, especially when playing with people with big serve. Maybe this racket is not heavy enough. Excellent control, but can not generate enough pace. Sometimes, my swing distance is not long enough, that causes very bad return. So I am shifting to a heavier stick recently to improve the stability of hit.
From: Zhen, Austin, TX, USA

Comments: I'm a former high school player looking to play college intramural this fall. I have played for a little over 3 years now and have switched racquets almost every year, until now. I originally started out with a 110 head size and eventually went to a 100 and then 93. I learned the hard way and am now back to using an OS and I couldn't be happier. This racquet gives me the feel of a control oriented mid plus while still giving me the forgiveness that you expect from an OS racquet. I'd like to end this by saying that my serve has become quite the weapon since switching this and I don't see myself switching anytime soon.
From: Zach, VA, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre black code in the mains @ 62 lbs and Tecnifibre x-one
biphase in the crosses @ 60lbs

Comments: I played with the Head Microgel Radical Midplus for the last year, and felt I was mishitting shots more often than I should, especially return of serve. It bugged me so much that I began searching and demoing other racquets, without much luck. My instructor suggested trying this OS version, and I love it. The sweet spot feels much larger and I am able to connect with power and control easily. I would highly recommend this racquet!
From: Chris, Helotes, Texas, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Rough 16g, 52 lbs.

Comments: My first racquet was the Liquidmetal midplus and I just broke the strings last week as I was practicing my serve. Instead of spending money for the strings, I decided to try an oversize racquet. My first choice was the liquidmetal oversize as I was a big fan of Andre Agassi and still is. But then I come to finding out here that the Microgel Radical OS was on sale. So, I settled down for this racquet instead. I received it yesterday from usps and brought it to the court right away for a hitting practice. My groundstrokes and volleys really improved a lot since transitioning from a midplus to an oversize. It gives really more spin and lots of sweetspots. My one-handed backhand volley really improved. I love this racquet that I even sleep with it in my bed last night. My wife was really mad for it. Haha!
From: Gerome, Eutaw, AL, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Head fibergel string. 58lbs
NTRP Rating: Beginner.

Comments: Very very nice racquet. I was using the Prince Rebel 95, and felt it is too heavy for me and is kinda lack of power. (I don't wanna kill the ball each hit) After many of the reviews, I decide to go with the MG Radical OS. Just received it today and head to the tennis court to test it. Takes a very shot time to get used to the racquet. While serving, I notice my shots aren't as solid as the Rebel, but the spin is petty impress me. My serves are more accurate, but not as powerful as the rebel. The spin serve is hooked like 2-3x more than the Rebel and same as my kick serve. I also test my forehand and backhand, they're similar to my serve: way more spin, little bit less control but more power. The weight of the racquet is perfect for me, swing a little bit faster and not hurting my wrist and still able to return and hit some heavy shot. I think the Rebel is really good, just that I'm not good enough to play with it. The MG Radical OS fit my current level and the way I play. Hope this review helps.
From: Jack H., Denver, CO, United States. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour 16g, 57 lbs.
NTRP Rating: High 3.0 or Low 3.5.

Comments: I am very impressed with this racquet. I usually play with the equivalent head radical midplus(98 sq in.) and find this racquet has just as much control and even more power in certain situations. It is more forgiving so volleying at the net seems effortless. It's just as easy to swing possibly since both the midplus and the oversized are the same weight at 10.4 ounces. I was a little concerned going to an oversized racquet after playing with the midplus, thinking it might be to large of a jump in size. All in all it has all the advantages of an oversized racquet while maintaining the control of a smaller frame.
From: John, Kelowna, BC, Canada. 5/10
String type and tension:Kevlar mains 60 lbs Wilson NXT crosses 58 lbs
NTRP Rating:3.5-4.0

Comments: This offers great head speed and is arm friendly. I bought it and had it strung by Tenniswarehouse recently (April, 2010). I had played with the previous version, Liquidmetal, for 3-4 years. This one feels like a major upgrade. I liked the price too, compared to new Youtek model. With Luxilon strings, this felt so comfortable and arm friendly, just loved hitting with this stick for 3-4 hours the first time I played with it!
From: Rajeev, Columbus, OH, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough, 57/59 lbs

Comments: I demoed 4 racquets (2 Prince speedports, Wilson K blade, and this one) and this was my favorite out of the 4! I'm an intermediate player that's catching up on my developing my tennis skills, so I hit the ball flat, but I can serve flat or with a slice. This racquet had the best feel and the best control out out of the 4! It has the cushioned and dampened feel that I like because I can feel if I'm hitting the ball right on or if I'm off. It's a great control racquet and I can swing it hard without it going out because the racquet itself isn't really too much on power.
From: Sara, USA 07/09

Comments: This racquet is really good since I have a big serve,Precise backhand,and solid forehand and the racquet itself gives a lot of spin but not as much power. Hitting hard shots with the racquet gives you pain in the arm and shoulder. Even now I'm level 7.0 this racquet helps me. Recommended for heavy topspin players.
From: Hilaire, Canada 06/09
Headsize: 27 inches

Comments: I played with a LiquidMetal Radical OS before upgrading to the MicroGel. I didn't like the feel of the FlexPoint OS at all; it felt very deadened on contact. Head's Prestige felt a little heavy, like it took too much effort to swing. The MicroGel OS has a very solid feel, similar to the LiquidMetal but better in all aspects. If you are still using a LiquidMetal, it's time to upgrade to the MicroGel. This racquet is great for putting a lot of spin, with good power, on groundstrokes and serves. It is very maneuverable at net, but just a tad lighter for volleys than I would like, but that's a minor point. This is an all around great racquet.
From: Tomas, Austin, Texas, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 60 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: A great stick!! Loads of spin and control. It has also been very easy on my arm. I have played with all previous radicals and this one is by far my favorite.
From: Anon, N.J., USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger rough 68lbs

Comments: I researched and demoed racquets for a month before I found this racquet. This is the best racquet out there right now. Especially for oversized. Honestly I couldn't tell the difference of a loss of control in this racquet. It has good power and good control, and spin is amazing. I hit with a full western forehand and 2-h BH. Volleys were great. Forehands landed deep and in with plenty of spin. Backhands were great. Serves spectacular. I demoed this, Babolat Pure Drive, Aero Pro, and Prestige Pro. By far this is the best.
From: Izukulo, USA. 4/09
String type and tension: 63lbs Hurricane Action

Comments: I changed from Kfactor Kblade Tour to MG OS. First single game, I beat my opponent 6-0.enough said.
From: Halim, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 2/09
String type and tension: Head Synthetic gut 58 pound
Headsize: 107sq in

Comments: Since my posting in July, I have gotten to play a lot of tennis again. I had a knee procedure in early July that kept me from really playing again until late August. I have gotten the serve to be well placed now and the speed is good on them too. My groundies continue to improve with every match I play now. My volleys are going very well with this racquet. This is a great stick for any player who supplies their own power. It is very comfortable on the arm and elbow as well. Hopefully, I will continue to improve and get bumped up to 4.0 with this stick.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Gamma Pro 16 & 17 56lbs

Comments: Have played with a Donnay Pro one for 12 years. I switched to a Radical Flexpoint OS 3 years ago and very recently to the MG Radical OS. Compared to my 2 previous rackets, the MG Radical OS is more comfortable, control is more or less equivalent (ie very good), the MG Radical OS is definitively lighter and I would say the feeling of power is less ... intense than with the other 2. I would recommend this racket for any type of player having quite a good technique (since the racket will not provide the extra power some player might need) and seeking control and comfort.
From: Michael, France, 10/08
String type and tension: 25-26Kgs
NTRP Rating: 15/1 (don't know the US equivalence)

Comments: Since my posting last year, I have bounced to several Prince sticks. They were either too heavy and stiff or too light and stiff. My shoulder has taken a real beating from it. I am trying this stick again with hopes it will be more comfortable than the Prince sticks I was using. I am also trying to change up my game and not swing so hard. I have seen that the volleys are really good and my groundies felt good and solid as well. It will take working on serves to get the effect I was getting with the other sticks.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Gamma Pro 16 & 17 qauge

Comments: This feels more comfortable on my elbow than my previous LiquidMetal. The control and power are also better. It can provide greater pop. It is a great stick.
From: KK, Hong Kong, China. 5/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger, ALU Power, 57lbs

Comments: Great stick, and it feels great on your elbow. Like everyone else has said, the volleys are the best part of this stick. The only slight downfall is that I sometimes find that I leave balls short due to the lack of topspin.
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex

Comments: For a serve/volley player, this racquet is best with a multifilament that allows the amazing pocketing abilities of this stick to shine. I tried putting in Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16, and it took all of the pocketing away from it. I get awesome control, decent pop and pocketing so good I can wait until the last second to plant my volley.
From: Alex, Spring, TX, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 17 @ 62lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5 serve&volley

Comments: It's funny, I first fell for this racquet after my FP mid started letting me down. I tried a few others, Prince o3 white, Babolat aeropro drive, Babolat pure drive cortex, Kfactor six one 16x18 and I always find that they always are missing something that this one has. This has good control and pop, volleys are incredible, and spin is easy. Now that I'm sending back the Pure drive Roddick, I can't wait to hit the court with my MG radical OS.
String type and tension: Babolat hurricane tour 16 gauge 60lbs
Headsize: 107 (the best)

Comments: Having played exclusively with each oversized incarnation of the Head Radical line since the Ti Radical OS, I have to say this racquet is more of a "side-grade" than an upgrade to the Flexpoint Radical. The swingweight of the racquet feels slightly lighter resulting in a more maneuverable frame that can be moved quicker through the hit zone. However, this is offset by a noticeable loss of "plow-through" effect from the previous generation's meatier frame. To make a long story short, I'd say that you get a more maneuverable frame at net with slightly more spin potential, feel and control on groundstrokes, while trading off some depth and power on shots when compared to the Flexpoint Radical. If you have more power than you need and are looking to reel it in a bit, but for whatever reason you prefer an oversize frame, then the MicroGEL Radical OS may be the stick you are looking for.
From: Sean, Waterbury, CT, USA. 2/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough, 62 lbs

Comments: I am amazed with my OS Radical. It hits well, feels smooth, and I get plenty of spin. Most of all it's extremely friendly for your elbow.
From: Adolfo,Cobija Pando, Bolivia. 1/08
String type and tension: Head RIP Control @ 59 lbs

Comments: Incredible for a serve and volley game! The angles this stick can produce at net are insane. I also love it on the serve. It requires some more power to get the good serves out. If power is an issue, go a couple pounds lower on your string.
From: Alex, The Woodlands, TX, USA. 1/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase Red. 64 lbs

Comments: Awesome racquet! I have a primarily serve/volley game and wasn't getting the proper FEEL from my FP radical mid+ so I decided to switch to this stick. I got SO much more pop, spin, and accuracy once it was strung. Also, volleys are incredible. The 107 sq inch frame made it very forgiving. Incredible stick, highly recommended.
From: Alex, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane 16 @ 64 lbs

Comments: This is a great stick for someone looking for an oversize player's racquet. If you can provide your own power, this is for you. It's full of feel and control and provides excellent topspin. Slice is a bit harder to generate, but I think Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour or an 18 gauge string would fix that. When I get mine and get it strung, I'll comment again. this is based on a demo with HEAD synthetic gut at 60lbs.

Comments: I was at my local CC pro shop and asked to try this racquet out. The strings were awful and old, and when I got out there, I was shocked, my shots were clean, the sweetspot was huge and all my shots had shocking topspin. They literally hit the court and shot out of some invisible cannon. Definitely going to get one when I graduate next year.
From: Alex, Woodlands, TX, USA

Comments: I just play tested this racquet at my CC tennis pro shop and couldn't be more surprised. There wasn't even a dampener on it and I felt immense comfort and when I truly went for my shots, got tons of topspin, tons of speed, and amazing power. Definitely plan on finding a cheap one to add to my flexpoint mp.
From: Alex, Spring, TX, USA, 11/07

Comments: Having elbow problems (PD) caused me to look for a more arm friendly racquet - after trying different sticks I settled on the Radical microgel os, and it's been great. Lost a little in power, but gained feel/control & a bigger sweetspot. Great on the volley & you can swing away with not having the fear of the ball going long.
From: Keith, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut w/Duraflex, 57lbs

Comments: I switched to Microgel Radical 107 oversize from the Wilson Nblade 106. I like the Nblade, but I found it did not have enough power for me. Microgel Radical has more power and the same control as the Nblade. Very stable and comfortable stick. So I loved it.
From: Ken, Hong Kong. 10/07
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina 17, 60lbs

Comments: I have not played with an oversized racquet in years, but I just switched to the Microgel Radical OS because I now play doubles almost exclusively. This is the best racquet for volleys on the market, hands down. It is extremely quick, and with its huge sweet spot, everything I hit goes into the court. On ground shots, I can either blast winners or hit drop winners. Oddly, this in not the best racquet for topspin, despite the specs and string pattern, so I would recommend first trying the racquet thoroughly if you play with a western grip. Good, cutting slice though. Nice action on serves too.
From: David, Arlington, VA, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre x-one bi phase at 59 lbs

Comments: I was hoping for a more solid feeling version of the Radical line. It is, but not as much as I would like. I am currently using the Agassi reproduction that is 11.8 ounces. It is absolutely fabulous. I wish Head would come out with a slightly heavier 107 Radical that has similar feel to the Agassi model. That would be pure joy.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire Pro 17g, 56 lbs

Comments: As I have gotten older I have had to keep 2 racquets in my bag. I have an Aerogel 200 that I use for most matches because I love the feel. I also have a M-Fil 500 on those days when I face an opponent with a lot of pace when I need more safety. The question becomes, how do I know which racquet to pull out of my bag at the start of the match when I face a new opponent? I have finally found the ultimate racquet for my game regardless of my opponent. The MG OS gives me the feel of the Aerogel 200 but gives me the sweet spot of the M-Fil 500. When I first received the racquet it felt great in my hands, so I thought the downfall would be in the power department. The MG OS delivers a lot more power than I expected. In fact, I will have to raise the string tension on my first restring. So far there are no negatives to this racquet. Definitely worth a test-drive.
From: Lou, Post Falls, ID, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Yonex 850 Pro @ 55lbs

Comments: I really like this racket in spite of it being a small grip demo with TW strings. I have not liked any of the previous Head Radicals except for the iRadical, which I am still using. The weight on the MG Rad-OS is a little light and takes some getting used to, however, like the iRad it holds up well under heavy shot pressure and can deliver when called upon. Very maneuverable, easy to control, just takes some time adjusting to not having the extra weight behind your shots. I think I'm sold on this model, can't wait to see how it plays with Pro Hurricane 18's in there! If they gave this to Agassi two years ago instead of the Flexpoint, he might still be playing.
From: Jason, Sherman Oaks, CA, USA, 06/07