Comments: I really liked this racquet. I have a one handed backhand and a great forehand. I needed a control oriented raquet so I switch to this one from the Babolat Pure Drive. I love this stick.
From: Ignacio, Lima, Peru. 2/10
String type and tension: Head sonic pro 52lbs
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: I loved this racquet, despite its lack of power it is a very comfortable stick especially for shotmakers. I switched to this racquet from the K blade tour, looking for another control oriented racquet and this stick did the job.
From: Michael, Jamaica 02/10
String type and tension: Alu power and control, and HEAD syn gut at 52 lbs

Comments: This was my third racket and the response was the best. I used a ntour before and the prestige is far better. The sweet spot is very forgiving and reliable. I would recommend it for players wanting a solid good fast loving racket.
From: Jeremy Wilson, Jamaica 01/10
String type and tension:59

Comments: Lacks feel and power at first, and so I measured the weight of the racket, and found out that it only weigh 320g strung. I put 10g on the head of the racket and now it feels great, more feel, power, plow through, and control. I just cant believe that there's a 15g difference between my racket and what's listed on tw.
From: Bob, CA, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Cyber flash 17g main and Gosen og sheep 17g cross

Comments: I was really surprised by this racquet. Didn't think I would like it, but it turned out to be really plush and very comfortable. The control was outstanding and I was able to get a considerable amount of spin on my serves. The weight was very much in my sweet spot and pretty stable for less than 12oz. Definitely will make me want to demo the YouTek Prestiges when they become available.
From: Chris, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Prince Duraflex Syn Gut 17

Comments: This racquet is great! Although this racquet has a little weight, it doesnt hurt my arm at all. I would recommend this racquet to all types of players. This racquet is powerful and will improve your game. All in all a 9.0 racquet.
From: Kenny, Orlando, FL, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Gamma Zo-natural gut hybrid 56 lbs

Comments: This racquet is the best!!! It took me quite some time to get used to it, but now im in love. It has lots of feel. I would say it has too much power, but you get use to it. it has just enough weight to be stable, but not enough to kill your arm. Good stuff!
From: Nir, Israel. 09/09
String type and tension:62 head ultra tour 17

Comments: Really loving this racquet, feels very solid with a nice blend of control and power. ALU power at 56 is the setup ive used lately and im playing very well. Very manuverable unlike some other heavier player's racquets.
From: Tony, Minneapolis, MN, USA 09/09
String type and tension: ALU power @ 56
NTRP Rating: 5.5-6.0

Comments: I got this racquet just because Tommy Haas switched to this. Awesome racquet. Backhands and volleys are easier. My forehand took some adjustment as I used to use the POG Oversize. Love this racquet.
From: Prashanth, Foster City, CA, USA. 9/09

Comments: ROCK SOLID! My favorite shot with this racket is the serve and backhand. Easy to generate spin, AWESOME feel. Can easily control the depth of the shots. Great kick serves out wide and for a racket that is 11.8 ounces, it swings lighter than what you would think it would.
From: Anonymous, Norcal 09/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 16/Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 16 @ 56/58
Headsize:98sq. inches but head rackets usually run 3 inches big

Comments: I play with Head Microgel Extreme the old version (not the 2009) and recently I decided to demo racquets. The Microgel Prestige mid is a good racquet! I felt like I was in control! The weight was good and balance in my preference and I had very long consistent rally and volleys felt solid. With each hit I could hear a pop and felt a bite! It's not that bad with the head size and all. My serves felt really good but decreased in power a little with my normal routine. There were some things I had to change on it like the grip was too short so I overgripped it as far as I could to increase its length also the L6 rating could be misleading, I use a short backswing and you really didn't need to so I just kept my game and played my style All in all a 8.5 racquet out of 10 for me.
From: Andre, Fayetteville, AR, United States. 9/09
String type and tension: I believe it was babolat pro hurricane 17 and its tension was unknown felt like a good 57.

Comments: Comments: In response to Andrew, London, UK 07/09: I recently bought several MG Radical MP rackets and extra sets of bumper guards/grommets for both Radical MP and Prestige MP. Prestige bumper guards as you know go around the entire racket head, this system is known as CAP. My plan was the opposite of yours, I was going to put CAP on Radicals. CAP set weights 30g, Radical 17g. Prior to replacing Radical bumber guards with CAP I tried to imitate the effect by adding head guard tape and some lead around the racket head (13g total weight). This made the rackets somewhat less manuverable, but much, MUCH more stable and noticeably more powerful. Overall I liked the results. However I run into a problem actually replacing the grommets. While CAP grommets align correctly with Radical, the bottom 2 or 3 'sleeves' (by the bridge) are a little short, they don't reach all the way through the holes. Only a millimeter or two, but that meant that stings would rub directly against the frame... no go. In you case you'd have no problem going the opposite direction, i.e. replacing CAP with Radical grommets. They will fit fine and decrease the weight by 13g. I ended up putting the original Radical grommets back on, and now experimenting with adding some lead to the racket head.
From: Ian, Colorado, US 08/09
String type and tension: setup 1: Techifibre Red Code 17 @ 56; setup 2: Luxilon BB Ace 18 mains @ 56/Gamma TNT Fat Core 16 crosses @ 54

Comments: What can I say, this has been a great racquet after first playing with it last month. The best racquet by far of my demos, which included the KBlade 98, Prince Exo Rebel 95, Prestige Pro, and Microgel Radical. Compared to the also very solid KBlade 98 it has more reliable control without any sacrifice in power, and compared to the Prince Exo Rebel it has more power/life without giving up any ground in control. It is superior at the final put-away shot and serve than these racquets as well, esp compared to the Prestige Pro, whose open string pattern offers noticeably more spin but tends to increase the ball's arc, reducing drive through the court. I found the Prestige Midplus to be by far the best volleying racquet as well of the group, plus it comes through faster and can pick up low, fast shots better than a heavier frame such as the old prestige classics or the new Youtek Djokovic racquet.
From: James, Pennsylvania, 7/09
String type and tension:59

Comments: This is an extremely versatile racquet. It suits baseliners, all courters and serve and volleyers. Because of the midplus headsize, spin is pretty good, especially considering the dense string pattern. Control is excellent and there's tons of comfort. I've never strung it with poly before, I'm sure spin would be better but I really loved it with all gut strings at around 59 lbs, both in 16 and 17 gauges, but if I had to pick one, I'd stick with the 17 gauge. I totally enjoyed serving with this stick, I can place the ball perfectly and get in place for a winning volley. On groundstrokes, I hit a pretty flat ball, but can hook it with nice angles if I want to pull the opponent off the court and approach. I really can't say enough about this racquet. It's heavy enough to keep stable during hard hitting, and light enough to be maneuverable. I wouldn't mind a little more feel, I'd also like it to be slightly stiffer (maybe two points) and a different paintjob. I would really like to get my hands on a prestige classic, but they're hard to find.
From: Chad, 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat vs gut (17 and 16 gauges)

Comments: Just further comments to ones I posted in May re Microgel Prestige midplus. I bought this racket in preference to Microgel Radical Pro, mostly because it did not have this "oversize" feel on my one handed backhand unlike Radical Pro. The weight of the racket is 343g (including overgrip and dumpener), which is 5 grams more then my demo stick. The swingweight seems higher as well (i.e. about 325 against 315 on a demo). I was really dreading playing with this racket at first because swingweight felt so much higher then the demo, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can hit for 90 minutes without feeling tired at all. My backhand improved by about 20% compared to my Dunlop 200 aerogel 16*19. I can not really understand it, but somehow I am not late on the backhand side during heavy hitting although racket is heavier then I am used to in recent years. There is a lot of controlled power, I can really swing out on both wing and balls stay in. Even when stretched wide on backhand side, I do not have to resort to playing slice: I have enough time to get round to topspin and hit out with power. The spin is very good, better then Dunlop with its open string patern, never mind any other 18*20 racket, albeit not quite on par with radical Pro. The racket has very creamy feel and biphase string just adds to it. I feel it dampens response too much, so I am planning to try it with the crisper feeling string or trying 18 gauge at higher tension. My shop told me that if I want to lower weight (by 8-10 grams) and swingweight, the bumper strip can be replaced by one from Radical MP racket (which has the same head size and string pattern). I did not try it yet, but using lighter bumper or trimming the existing one, could make this great stick accessible to many players who would not consider playing with 340g racket. I would strongly suggest that anyone who has doubts about playing with heavy, dense string pattern rackets tries this stick. You may be amazed how different it is to usual players rackets. Therefore, I have to retract my original comments about lavel of play this racket is suited to: even 4.0 players can play well with this racket. You still need to be physically strong though...
From: Andrew, London, UK 07/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre bi-phase 17 gauge @ 57lb
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: This Head MicroGel Prestige MP is a great racquet; I love it! I used it with Head IntelliTour 17 String and the control, touch and feedback is fantastic!
From: Luke, Germany, 07/09
String type and tension: Head IntelliTour 17 @ 55/53 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet because I have been playing with Head Prestige series since I began this sport. Racquet is good. I found this racquet solid and control oriented too like older brothers. But there is a lack of feel on the racquet. Also I don't feel very confident during long rallies with groundstokes. I used to be more confident with older Prestige series. Otherwise, racquet is good.
From: Ahmet, Turkey. 6/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L String / 60

Comments: Hi, I tested this racket as part of the batch of quite a few rackets: Head Radical Pro, Head Radical MP, Head Prestige MP, Head Prestige Pro, Babolat Aero Storm, Babolat Pure Storm, Pure Storm Tour and Wilson K Blade 98. I was amazed by amount of spin the racket with 18*20 string pattern was generating. It was much better then my Dunlop 200g MW racket with the same string pattern (it is about 7 years old so no longer sold). I have to say that spin was NOT as good (but quite close) as either Radical Pro or Prestige MP (16*19 string pattern), just brilliant in context of dense string pattern. I play on sand filled Astroturf court and because of low bounce and fairly high speed of ball coming to my racket, I did not feel that I was getting enough "up and over" on really low balls when on the run and stretched wide, especially on the backhand side. I thing it would not be a problem on either hard court or clay. It had better control then Head Radical Pro by my definition of control (i.e. ball went when you thought it would go when you hit it) but I would say it is better suited to 5.0+ (or 4.5 if strong physically) players in comparison to Head Radical Pro especially in long (i.e. 90 minutes or more) matches. In conclusion, I am sad that Head (and all other racket manufactures really) are missing the boat with players like myself and others in my tennis club. I mean players who are 50-55 years of age, hit single-handed backhands but they are not quite ready YET for 290-300 grams unstrung frames. We would love to play with 310 grams (+ or - 5 g).
From: Andrew, London, UK, 05/09
String type and tension:demo racket, so 16 g @ what felt like 55 pounds

Comments:I also have this racket and I love it. I can get so much control whit this racket. There is not a lot of power in the racket, so I choose fore a softer string for more pop and it work out excellent. Buy it!! It is a great racket for great players
From: Johannes, The Netherlands, 05/09
String type and tension: 23 kilos

Comments: Predominantly heavy topspin and pace baseliner - 5.0. I've played with the Volkl Cat 10 but it began killing my elbow and shoulder, so I switched to the Pro Kennex 5g PSE and Ki5 PSE. While these got rid of 80% of my arm pain, I was still having some. I tried this racquet and really liked it. I have been playing with it for about 3 months and really enjoy it. I get slightly less pop than my 5G PSE (which I like much better than the Ki5 PSE), but incredible control. This thing is PRECISE. The ball always goes where you want it to. The balance feels perfect. Best of all - no arm pain yet. I recommend this highly.
From: Vito, San Diego, CA, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon TiMO 17L @ 53
Headsize: 98 sq. in MP

Comments: This racquet is awesome, but it's really underpowered. Serves are very accurate, you have to generate your own spin and pace but it's all very do-able. I loved hitting volleys with this stick, I was able to get great angles to keep my volleys just out of my opponents reach, thanks to the dense string pattern. I could hit great defensive and approach slices. On groundstrokes, I had to put way too much effort into forehands and especially two-handed backhands for this to be my permanent racquet, if I could serve/volley for the entire match, this would be the stick for me, unfortunately, I'm just not fit enough for that. I need a similar racquet with a stiffer response. I'm going to try the Kblade 98, which has the same string pattern, less weight and more pop.
From: Mardy, Houston, TX, USA. 04/09
String type and tension: Babolat gut 17 @ 60

Comments: It is a really comfortable racquet. For starter, it gives a push to my shots and I found the pop I was looking for. Great racquet. Although, I am still deciding on the best string for this stick.
From: Justin, Rowland, CA. 04/09
String type and tension: Wilson Hyperlast Spin 19... bold choice but working. at 54
NTRP Rating:4.5

Comments: All I can say about this racquet is it�s A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. When my big bro first sent it to me I was so excited to test it out. My expectations were beyond correct and I love this racquet. With the Microgel Prestige I have that feeling where it is just me who has the control of the ball. The control on this racquet is just beyond amazing and I couldn�t be any happier. The power is mostly produced from me, but that�s what I wanted from this racquet. Feel is just superb on my groundstrokes and serve. It gives that nice pop and touch for power, spin, and drop shots. I recommend this stick for people who depend on their own strength.
From: Oscar, Burbank, CA, USA. 4/09
String type and tension: Luxilon @ 60 lbs.

Comments: I was using a head TI Radical and tried the Prestige and never looked back. Love the control and has a nice pop on serve. Great stick!
From: Jayson, Austin, TX, USA 4/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough 16 @ 54 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: This is a nice improvement over the Flexpoint Prestige, with better feel and superior control. There is plenty of pop on serve and a nice balance of control and forgiveness (for a players racket). I have used Yonex, previous Head rackets and demoed Wilsons and Dunlops. My personal preference is for the MCG Prestige MP. Whilst I liked the Mid as well, I think the MP is a more sensible option, as it is a bit more forgiving when one becomes tired later in a match. The string choice makes a big difference as well, and a soft string at a mid-high tension seems best. The difference between this and MID sized rackets is I can put the ball away more quickly, whilst retaining 99% of the feel of MID frames. For me, this is a very well rounded racket for half decent players.
From: Jim, UK. 3/09
String type and tension: 58lbs

Comments: Impressive comport and control on groundstrokes and volleys. But it is a little bit short for power and serve. However, even though it's low on power, I would rate this one as one of the best rackets because it is very balanced: control, groundstrokes, volley, and serve. I prefer this one than 16x19 Prestige Pro one.
From: Don, Kalamazoo, MI. 3/09
String type and tension: 57

Comments: I really enjoy this racquet, absolutely love the head guard around the whole racquet and love the color scheme. The only thing that I don't like is at times when I start to get tired it feels like I really need to focus on the swing, can't just be lazy with it, overall a great racquet, highly recommended, I also really like the weight and balance combination.
From: James R., Bakersfield, CA, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: HEAD Sonic Pro @ ~58lbs

Comments: I'm a 13 year old junior tennis player. I love this racquet. It has the most control ever. I have a full swing with medium spin on my shots. I'm not afraid to go flat on my approach shots or some offensive shots. I'm also comfortable loading the ball with spin to have a nice jump to slow my opponents shot so I can recover. The feel is amazing. It has all the desirable feel while mutting all the bad feel. It has good plow through and stability without bad maneuverability. If you want to win, get this racquet.
From: C. C., Madison, Wisconsin. 2/09
String type and tension: Head Rip Control
NTRP Rating: about a 3.5

Comments: Best stick I have ever hit with. Hands down. Great mix of power and control. I just switched back to this after using the Wilson Six One 90 because I needed a little more pop. And I don't think I'll ever go back!
From: Tony, Buffalo, NY, USA. 2/09

Comments: I think this racquet is good when you add some weight to it. Because if not it feels light and doesn't have plow through at all. I put two OGs extra and now it has good weight and plow through effect. I have a question; any of you that play with this stick or the LM Prestige mp string it with 16G strings? I tried psgd16, Wilson sensation16, and I couldn�t get any spin at all. But when using psgd17 or fxp17 I get great spin. I think maybe it's because of the dense string pattern this racquet has, so using a somehow thick string makes it feel like a board.
From: Ron, Peru. 1/09
String type and tension: Prince SGD17 at 60lbs

Comments: Don't string this racquet too tight, you'll regret it. The racquet's great though, but if you string it too tight, you'll have to put too much effort into each shot and I started spraying shots all over.

Comments: I'm an aggressive player looking for some power and spin combined with control, and I wanted to know if this racquet is going to give me what I'm looking for. Please answer back. You can descriptively write what your tennis style is on the Message Board (top right). This will give a better look into what racquet would be most adequate for your type of play. -TW Staff-
From: Tiago, Lisbon, Portugal. 1/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre polyspin, 55 pounds

Comments: My only complaint about this racquet is the lack of feel. Everything else is spot on. I can barely feel the ball on the strings. Like I said before, everything else is awesome.
From: Alex, The Woodlands. 1/09
String type and tension: Babolat vs 17 gut at 62 lbs

Comments: Alex in December of 2008, I believe the "grooves" you speak of are the "cap" grommets (more durable), that Head uses on their Prestige lines.
From: Archibald, Claus Fe, Ol' Mexico, USofA. 12/08
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II @ 67 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 6.0 (teaching pro)

Comments: This racquet has grooves where the throat meets the head. The mid version doesn't have those grooves, it's flat all the way through, what's the purpose of that?
From: Alex. 12/08
String type and tension: M:Tecnifibre nrg2 64, X: Luxilon alu flouro 17 63
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This is way too stiff for a Prestige. Strung with Tecnifibre NRG2, I expected a softer feel, but I was instead given a very stiff feel. This fits in with the new high powered racquets..but I prefer a more control oriented stick

Comments: Pros- Excellent feel and control very soft CONS- Lacks much punch and I noticed the racket guard is kind of brittle. Just played with it and noticed the guard is already beaten up which is very odd.
From: David, Portland, OR, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Gamma Pro 17g

Comments: Bought this racquet and it is not anywhere close to the old liquidmetal prestige. Pros and cons both ways. Pros: Bit more power. Cons: Less feel.
From: Karan, West Covina, CA, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: Eagnes Perfect Spin, 58 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I recently switched to the Head microgel prestige about 5 or 6 months ago. I used to play with the liquid metal prestige but the microgel I find to be a lot more "solid" feelin. I also love the control that it gives me. It is a great "players" racket. If you love a heavier but balanced racket with great control this is the racket for you. I have played with head for about three years now and love it. Before that I played with Dunlop for about two years and head rackets just seem to perform better. I love the prestige and plan to play with it for quite a while. Well at least until a newer model comes out.
From: Anon, Greenville, South Carolina, USA, 09/08
String type and tension: M: Klip legend natural gut X: Luxilon big banger at about 59 lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: Used the 98 flexpoint and loved it the Microgel Prestige racket wasn't comparable. If you are looking for a racket similar to the Flexpoint Prestige try out the K Blade 98, which has a very similar feel.
String type and tension: Prince Tour Blend 53/51

Comments: Hi I am 37 years old and I am an happy owner of a couple of Head Microgel Prestige Mp. I was already an head user coming from an iRadical then the Microgel Extreme (very good but a bit too light and lacking control for my game) before the Prestige. This racquet has a very good control and even if you need to put some effort to prepare your shots the depth and power is of another class. All the people I am used to play with recognize the heaviness of my shot now. Also top and backspin are very good as well as serve in all the variation...awesome!!! You need to find a rhythm with this racket be on the ball early and use the mass in a "relaxed" way, with good acceleration and the fun and results are ready to come... The only thing is that the weight is there and sometimes (especially in very long battles in very hot days) the arm can really get tired, this happened to me just one time, but at the same time I was able to win many times at the third set when you need top control and maybe a couple of good serves or heavy shot in the right moment. Another thing to pay attention is to check the weight and balance when you are going to demo or buy this racquet. I compare about 8-10 racquets in the shop and they where all different!!! The first time I decided to buy one on the lighter side (316 gr Vs the 320 declared from Head). After a couple of months I was ready for the second but none of the racquet available where similar to mine. The closest was a little more than 320gr but the balance was very different, so I had to put some lead tape to make the two the same and now they are...this is a bit annoying...think that the weight was ranging from 316 gr to 330...need some quality control...the good thing is that you can buy the one with the specs you prefer. I prefer to use multifilament with this racquet and I've tried Wilson Sensation, Babolat Xcel, but for me the best was Dunlop Max Comfort, very easy on your arm with good access to spin, good feel and durability. Ciao
From: Marco B., Italy, 09/08
String type and tension: Dunlop max Comfort 24/23 Kg
NTRP Rating: 4.0/4.5

Comments: Truly the best racket. I recently switched from Liquidmetal Radical, which was really old and decided to get a heavier one as it logically will give more control. My consistency increased rapidly with this stick. Highly recommended.
From: Yosua, Indonesia. 8/08
String type and tension: M: Luxilon Big Banger 58lbs X: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 56lbs
Headsize: 98 sq inch

Comments: I just recently started using the Head Prestige Pro. I have had shoulder trouble for the past 3-4 years while using the Wilson Triad line of racquets. I thought by going with a heavier racquet that it may worsen the shoulder trouble. False! With the extra weight, you don't have to swing with near the force on other racquets, you just get it started and hang on, and it will pull you through to the follow through position. It is ideal for the player with overly quick hands/swing b/c the weight slows you down for a much more smooth takeaway and swing, resulting in a much better result.
From: Clayton, 08/08
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro
Headsize: Mid-plus

Comments: I was given a bunch of these from Head and was surprised to find it so head light. I also own an old Prestige Classic, which has far more weight in the head so I can get more plough through the ball, which I personally prefer. I just can't get enough power from this racket, which is really disappointing as I was really looking forward to using it. Gonna go back to the MG Radical! I guess if you are after the smooth feel of the old school Prestige look elsewhere.
From: Ant, Aus. 8/08
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU / Babolat Tonic 52lbs
Headsize: mid

Comments: I used this thinking it would be an improvement over the Flexpoint Prestige. However, after a while I have come to the conclusion that the Flexpoint is a better racket for me. It has better feel and a little more pop. The Microgel is fine, just a slight preference for the FXP. There is a slight lack of that 'solid feel' that the FXP has.
From: James, UK. 8/08
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel 58lbs
Headsize: 98 and 93
NTRP Rating: 4ish.

Comments: I used this racket for a couple of month�s however it seems to be lacking certain amount stiffness. It has the weight but I find it feels like playing with a piece of flexible rubber. It is fairly easy to handle but does not give you a strong counter punch shot...
From: Graham, Canada, 08/08
String type and tension: Babolat 58 lbs

Comments: I've been playing with the MG Prestige midplus for six months now. I played some college tennis in the early '80s and play to a 4.5-5.0 now. Most recently, I played with the Liquid Metal Prestige MP for several years. I've also played the Yonex MP-1 Tour 98 and RDX 500 98, and have hit extensively with the Wilson N 6.1 and K Factor 6.1 95, Tecnifibre 325, Prince 03 Tour mid and MP, as well as the earlier Head Flexpoint Prestige and just a little bit with an old PT280. As a couple other posters said, you can't judge a racquet adequately by a couple hitting sessions. So, after six months (playing a couple times a week with it on average) here's my take: I like this MG Prestige 98 as much as any other racquet I've played. I don't really notice huge differences in any of the "players" racquets mentioned above. With string adjustments and time, I think I could play happily with any of them. Certainly none of them are bad racquets. However, there are some things about the MG Prestige that make me favor it: 1) Feel. This one has that more old school Head "dampened" feel, much more like a PT280 (albeit a slightly stiffer PT280/630) than the LM or FXP Prestige. A knowledgeable friend with an RDC machine told me the PT630/280 flexed around 61-63 on his machine and the MG Prestige about 66-67, and that corresponds to the feel I get from playing them. The extra stiffness of the MP doesn't translate into loss of feel or comfort for me though--just a tiny bit more pop on the serves and groundies which I appreciate. Compared to the other frames in this category, I find the Wilson 6.1s just feel a bit too stiff for my tastes and the Yonexes feel a bit "dead" or "mushy" and I feel like I have to work too hard to get pace on groundies and serves. The LM Prestige feels more "twangy" like it vibrates too much. The Tecnifibre 325 felt just as good as the MG to me, and the PT280 is still king of feel, the MG Prestige can't beat it, but it's acceptably close while giving a touch more power that is still very controllable. Those are just my impressions, how those racquets feel to me. Your mileage may vary, as they say, and I've been a Head racquet fan for a long time so I'm probably biased toward what is most familiar to me.
2) Control. I'm playing my MG Prestige with BB ALU Power at 54. When I'm playing well, I feel like this racquet lets me place the ball as precisely as any other racquet I've ever tried and that's what makes the biggest difference for me in winning matches.

Comments: Another great update to the long-running Head Prestige racquet model line. This is my 4th since 1999. This one continues to embody the great playing characteristics of the previous models as well as adds the Microgel technology with all of its benefits. As always with Head Prestige, there's control, access to fantastic touch shots, adequate power, and the ability to impart incredible topspin and slice on both ground strokes and serves. The racquet is solid and comfortable even on slightly off-center contacts. No racquet has ever surpassed Head Prestige and with this new model, it's still at the "Head" of the list!
From: Bren, Venice, FL USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 17 ga.
Headsize: 98 sq. in.
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Excellent racquet for the perfect mix of control and power. Because it's so maneuverable, adding a little lead tape makes this racquet even better. It's definitely in the tradition of the trusty Pro Tour 280.
From: JDizzle, USA! USA! 6/08
NTRP Rating: about 5ish

Comments: I've been using this racket for about 5 months, and with some customization, it's a great racket. I found that the stock form of this racket, like some people have mentioned, lacks plow through, so you don't get the best stability, so I added some lead in the handle and at 10 and 2 o'clock to increase stability and swingweight. Serving with this racket is good, but not great. There's definitely power for serving, good control and decent access to spin. I enjoyed groundstrokes with this racket; even though its a tight string pattern, it gives more than adequate amounts of spin. Volley and touch shots were decent, although not as great as what you would get from a midsize racket. Anyways, this is a great racket with good control and access to power and spin, and I intend to keep this racket for a while and get more.
From: RL, Monterey Park, CA. 6/08
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly Plasma, 57 lbs.

Comments: I've used it for 3-4 months now. I still use the Tecnifibre 325. It's kinda similar to that but lighter. I do feel the technology in the Microgel is better than Flexpoint, Liquid Metal, and i. I didn't know the previous Prestiges. This one plays more true like the racquets back in the days. Even though I am only in my late 20s I play plenty old-style. This can generate a lot of spin due to its shape and density. Great speed and spin on the second serve. I kicked to my opponent's shoulder level. First serve is just like any other racquet ( you just slap it down). Very good feel. I think most of all, I like how much flex one has on the stick. The technology really helps so much on the feel. No mater how I hit it. It always hit the baseline on the bounce. Slices are low. I think it is pretty good stick. I give it a 92/100. I still feel it is a bit too light at times.
From: MZ, Hong Kong, China. 5/08
String type: Gosen synthetic 16 and tension: 54/53

Comments: I used to use the Flexpoint prestige and switched to find a more solid racquet so I decided to try the Microgel I found a lot more pop on the groundstrokes due to the lighter weight of the racquet and a lot more solid volleys, I found I was able to push the ball right to the corners without much effort, there was also a great improvement on the serve I was able to get average serves at 175km without taking reckless swings and hitting long. I would highly recommend this racquet to any player who enjoys the benefits of a big serve and volley game but the reassurance of a solid game from the back of the court.
From: Jordan, Adelaide, SA, Australia, 05/08
String type and tension: Pacific Polyblast (prototype) 52lbs
NTRP Rating: 16th in SA for under 16's

Comments: This racket is the best racket I've ever used. The string pattern is great. It's not too stiff or flexible. It's easy to hit deep balls. Serves are crisp. Intense angles easy to do. I would recommend this racket to anyone who is an offensive player.
From: michael, sunnyvale, CA. 5/08
String type and tension: Head Control string 57lbs

Comments: Whoever said this is a bad racquet is just plain wrong. It feels just like the FXP Prestiges and offers the same if not more control. The dampened feel of the new one is in my opinion the best part about it, with its added maneuverability its great. Great stick and awesome cosmetics.
From: Matt, CA. USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power 58lbs

Comments: If you like hitting with a racquet that feels like a damp wood board, with less power than one, give this a try! I also found it to be very unstable, getting pushed around very easily.
From: Robert, Charlotte, NC. 4/08
String type and tension: whatever the demo had

Comments: This racquet is a great stick with a good amount of power and control. I got the midplus, and it felt just right. It was just at the right weight. Great stick to use; it's worth it.
From: Bryan, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane
Headsize: 98 sq. in

Comments: I love this racquet! Especially the grommet strip, adding more weight to it. I agree to some saying that it's just a heavier version of the radical. This racket has so much control and power, even thought my serve has gotten a bit weaker, but my overall play has gotten 5 times better. I switched from a Babolat Pure Drive Team after using my Pure Drive for about a year.
From: Bill, Houston, Texas, United States. 4/08
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Competition 1.30mm at 60#

Comments: Best Prestige MP since the Pro Tour 630. Wonderful stability, maneuverability, power, and control combination. The comfortable swingweight allows for the ability to create some nice racquet-head speed and spin while maintaining that legendary Prestige control. I demoed K-Factor 95's, TFights, Ozone Tour, Dunlops, FXP Prestige (came close), and 03 White; and found that this frame has them all beat. It has a short grip for a two-hander but that is easily corrected. A must demo and a really sweet stick!
From: Mark, San Diego, CA, USA, 04/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Banger 16 @ 54 lbs.

Comments: I love the Head MicroGEL Prestige MP. It has given me great feel and increased racquet head speed. There is no vibration from hits, and I like the dense string pattern for improved control and topspin. The only thing bad is the grommet strips. They break every time I have to hit low balls. Head needs to address this problem.
From: Alex, Elizabethtown, PA, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Luxilon/Gut 54
NTRP Rating: Nationally Ranked Junior

Comments: Wow! I don't know what all the fuss was about the midplus being a bad racquet, but it was actually the best racquet I have ever played with! So much power and control, and the head size is perfect! The tight string pattern would probably suit flat hitters because it provides so much control.
From: Barry, Australia. 2/08
String type and tension: Babolat Thermogut (m) and Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough (c)

Comments: This is very similar to Microgel Radical OS. I was surprised. It's basically a heavier version of the racquet.
From: Alex, The Woodlands, TX, USA. 2/08

Comments: I've never felt more in control. The 98 headsize is perfect, and I now have confidence to really hit the corners. The weight helps get killer spin. Definitely demo this.

Comments: Excellent stick. I was surprised at the power level; it was higher than I thought it would be. I've never used any other Prestige, but I've heard great things about them. The Prestige MP proved them all right. I enjoyed the weight. Spin was much better than I expected. Great touch, and volleys were accurate and explosive.
From: Alex. 2/08

Comments: I don't have a good feel with the MG Prestige Midplus. It's very light. For me it's not a real Prestige! The Liquidmetal is much better to play: more power and better feel !
From: Anon, Rome, Italy. 2/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power rough strung at 70lbs.
NTRP Rating:

Comments: It was interesting to hit with the MicroGEL Prestige Midplus. I started playing with the iPrestige and never updated when Head began introducing newer versions. The iPrestige was rock solid, and I had no need to upgrade. I began considering an upgrade and turned to the MicroGEL Prestige as an obvious choice to possibly help alleviate some minor elbow and wrist pain. The MicroGEL technology specifically states that it has a dampening effect, awesome! After hitting it definitely reacted differently, but in a good way. I felt like the racquet was more under-powered than my iPrestige, though it felt a little more forgiving on off center shots, almost like the MicroGEL was absorbing my off center shots (maybe?). More spin was apparent as I was able to create topspin and kick serves reminiscent of my college years. Once I had the racquet more or less dialed in, I was still able to over hit with it. I think it's a good addition, and I am definitely considering upgrading. Remember with any new racquet, one should definitely playtest multiple rackets multiple times. It's hard to make a 100% snap judgement without some extensive play testing. Also, because no racquet upgrade is identical to its predecessor, it will take time to adjust to the racket technology and its inherent idiosyncrasies.
From: Chris, Williamsburg, VA, USA. 2/08
String type and tension: Synth. Gut 60lb
Headsize: 98 sq. in.

Comments: I tried the 98 head size Prestige, and it felt great. I have tried many Prestiges before: I, Liquid, Flexpoint. I disliked all of it. I think this actually hits like a more traditional racquet and helps me to hit more spin. It plays just like the Tecnifibre T-Fight 325. I think this is slightly a better choice than the Tecnifibre. It is more dampened on impact.
From: Hong Kong, China. 2/08

Comments: I've been using Liquidmetal Prestiges for the past 5 years or so. This racquet is nothing like the Liquidmetal line. There were two things I liked: the paint job and the maneuverability, but that's it. This racquet is too light and has too much power. I have a long swing and had a ton of trouble keeping the ball in even though I always hit with topspin. I don't think this racquet should have the L6 swing rating. If you're playing with Liquidmetals now then I'd suggest you stick with them because this racquet is nothing like it. This racquet has no plow through, which is what really turned me off from it and that's the biggest problem I have with it.
From: Steve, Long Island, NY, USA. 2/08

Comments: Warning!! Don't buy a 98 Microgel prestige thinking it is a tour racket. Don't buy it thinking that it has anything to do with older versions of the prestige line up. It is truly "a shame" that Head makes something like this; a racket with very little of everything: stability, heft, and control. I'm not one of those guys who simply like to complain; I've been using Prestige rackets for nearly 15 years, and I have liked all of them - even the flexpoint. But this one... and I bought three of them because when reading the spec. I thought they would be something similar to the liquidmetals (which I thought were quite good). Now I have to try to sell them...
From: Christian, Sweden, 01/08