New Balance MC 806 W D Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: I agree with 'Anon.' I don't care if a shoe wears out so long as it is comfortable and the 806 is comfortable. I also agree that the 806 is better than the 804 because of the elimination of the seam.
From: Stephen, 4/14

Comments: I recently bought the New Balance 806 tennis shoes. I have previously bought the 804, which lasted at least 6 months. I am very disappointed in the shoe. After 6 weeks of playing, the outer sole disappeared and a hole was forming. I will never buy a New Balance product again.
From: Martin, 3/14

Comments: I agree with Phil. While one of the negative comments is that it fits slightly shorter than the 804 (which I do not find to be the case), I don't think that is a big deal since, with the exception of the 656 which I found to run true to size, I always have had to buy my NB tennis shoes one half size longer. I also believe that the 806 is a significant upgrade from the 804 because it get rid of an irritating seam in the 804 that runs across the side of the front of the shoe.

Comments: I must say that they are very disappointing compared to the 804s. Both for playing tennis and as casual wear, the previous version (the 804) is significantly better.
From: Terry, 1/14

Comments: I strongly disagree with most of the negative reviews below. In my view, this shoe actually returns the 800 series to its roots. The shoe is stable, comfortable, durable and slightly forward leaning. It is not trying to be ultra light or a "game day" shoe or something other than what the 800 series has always been. Bravo!
From: Phil, 1/14

Comments: I have worn the 800 series for a long time. The 806 are the worst that NB has produced. They have clearly cheapened the product and changed the fit although they claim it is the same last. Compared to the 804 the shoes fit narrower and the toe box is smaller/narrower. The 806 also run slightly shorter than the 804. I'll keep these but it is probably my last New Balance purchase. Too bad NB couldn't maintain the quality they used to have.
From: Bob, 1/14

Comments: Having worn NB 800s for over 10 years I was shocked at what they have done to these shoes with the 806. No padding in the tongue, too narrow, smaller toe box. There was virtually no support. I'm done with New Balance and will try the Asics Gel Resolution 5s. Too bad the company decided to cheapen what had been a quality product. They seem to be doing this with all their shoes based on the comments on the NB website.
From: Ben, 1/14

Comments: I have always been a New Balance fan, and I'm always nervous when trying a new version of an old model. My nervousness is over. I have been planying with the 806 for several months and love them. They are comfortable and supportive. The first time I tried them on, I wasn't sure about the fit, but they immediately broke in. My caveats -- I generally play clay and grass, I use an orthodic, and I use one half size longer than my street shoe.
From: Stephen, 8/13

From: Stephen, 8/13

Comments: These were the first pair of New Balance shoes that I had ever bought. They may well be the last. The soles feel thin, hard and quite pliant. The soles of my feet took a beating with all the stopping and starting. The tops were likewise thin and offered little support. I feel like they were trying to cut corners on this shoe.
From: Cal, 8/13

Comments: If you have used the previous models of this shoe and are expecting the support and quality of the previous models. Forget it, don't buy these shoes. I had worn the previous models 803 and 804 for years. When the new 806 came I thought I would give it a try as the older 804 was starting to become unavailable. I had to take the shoes off within ten minutes of warming up. The tops are much thinner than the previous models and the laces were cutting into the top of my foot due to lack of sufficient padding on the tongue of the shoe. The top support is almost non-existent (which you can feel right out of the box). On closer inspection, the reason for this seems that they have skimped on material on the upper part of this shoe. If you notice that the 804s (8.5) aren't available on the Internet it is because I have bought every pair I can find.
From: Bill, 6/13