New Balance MC 806 W 4E Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: I have not had any issues like previous reviewers mentioned. I did replace the insole with a more plush and better insole. These shoes are really good, just wish the navy logo was filled in to show more color. I play on hard courts and they are very comfortable.

Comments: I think these are a down grade in quality over the previous models. I got about 4 months of solid play out of them before I noticed a real difference. New Balance insoles are a joke. They sacrifice so much comfort. I put new insoles in these and they felt great. The stabilizer bar makes these, in my opinion, a higher performing shoe than all other New Balance but I used to get at least 6 months out of the prior versions and they were more comfortable. The price has also increased. Between the price increase and the much needed insoles these shoes are very expensive indeed. I just don't think they are worth the money anymore. I will be switching if I can find a reasonably priced alternative.
From: Joshua, 12/14

Comments: I've gone through two 804s and one 806 and I'm now on the next 806. That's 4 pair in 15 months! Well I'm 235 lbs and tend to play hard courts, but it still feels like a high burn rate, but I average 6 hours per week or less. The warranty is good, but some tougher rubber in the bigger sizes seems needed. They really are the best, supportive shoe. But the soles are not the best.

Comments: Horrible downgrade to the 804 and 803. I used to be be able to play twice in one day with no foot pain. Now after just one match in the 806 my feet are killing me. New Balance is definitely going the cost-cutting route at expense of performance. Will be looking at Prince or Asics going forward.
From: Timothy, 3/14

Comments: The 806 was the most comfortable 800 series shoe for me since the 803. Alas, it does not measure up in durability. The heel wore out after just 8 outings. New Balance was great and quickly sent me my one replacement. This time I only got 7 uses. I only weight 195 lbs and never wore through any New Balance shoe this quickly let alone an 800 series shoe. Bring back the 803.
From: Stan, 2/14

Comments: I have always been a New Balance fan, and I'm always nervous when trying a new version of an old model. My nervousness is over. I have been planying with the 806 for several months and love them. They are comfortable and supportive. The first time I tried them on, I wasn't sure about the fit, but they immediately broke in. My caveats -- I generally play clay and grass, I use an orthodic, and I use one half size longer than my street shoe.
From: Stephen, 8/13