Comments: I found that the soles were a bit too flexible for my feet. They tend to bend in the middle whereas my previous adidas cls bend only near the toe. They gave me a bit of pain, but I do have hard to fit feet.

Comments: I am a 6'2", 220 pound 4.5 player, and the 804s are working out fine for me. There is enough room in these shoes to add a thin Dr. Scholl's gel additional insole. The 804 is comfortable and prevents a lot knee pain that I used to experience playing with various brands - Adidas, Nike, Prince and Yonex. I play about 8 hours per week and the 804s have lasted almost 5 months. I believe this is a solid tennis shoe and recommend it for those suffering from knee pain after playing for two hours.
From: Marc, 7/12

Comments: I have worn New Balance tennis shoes for years personally, that essentially, one quality shoe is like another. However, I have found that the 804W model I purchased about six months ago, are not of the quality of previous New Balance tennis shoes. While they were very comfortable (I add an additional inner sole), they quickly wore down at the heel exposing a hard plastic sub-sole! With time, and further wear, this plastic layette could cause a person to slip after stretching out for a return of play. Having offered this evaluation, I would be hesitant to recommend this particular model to one of my tennis friends. In essence, previous quality has been compromised.
From: George, 7/12

Comments: Excellent tennis shoe for very wide feet. Good support and excellent cushioning with built-up extra-duty insoles with forefoot support. I normally wear size 10 shoes but have 10 1/2 size New Balance tennis shoes. Highly recommended by an orthopedic surgeon and foot doctor.
From: George. 10/11