Comments: Great feel right out of the box. I normally buy a 4E, but these don't come that wide.

Comments: Great looking shoe but my 11 2Es fit more like an 11.5 4E. I'm not sure if it's just this shoe or do they all run big/wide? I wore them approx 5 times and with double socks and lacing them super tight seemed to work well but now I'm getting blisters in different spots every other time I play. I'm going to return and try and another pair. Overall I would recommend them, but ask about fit first.

Comments: I have wide feet, so I got these in EE. They fit great. Break in was immediate (usually that means stretching out). My biggest irk is that the stock insoles are sliding forward. I usually buy Prince shoes for their wide toe box and durability, although I tend to break through the sides at the pinkie toe, so no warranty claims. I have had the 996s for two months, and I am already seeing foam. They should go another two months before I lose too much traction, then I am sending them in on warranty. Honestly, if you're playing 3 days a week and drag your feet as much as me, six months is about right on a shoe. I knew from the start that a 1 year warranty guaranteed I would get a free pair. Overall, I'm happy with the shoe.

Comments: I bought these shoes for my son who plays high school tennis. He's rated a 4.0. They arrived on March 14 and he was thrilled with the fit and fun color! They fit his wide foot well. However, by April 5, they had a hole in the bottom of the left foot in the toe area and the right foot was showing signs that it was going to do this too. The tread was already smooth in both shoes as well. These shoes were a "sole replacement" from a previous pair of New Balance tennis shoes that lasted less than 6 months and Tennis Warehouse replaced. Since they were purchased on a sole warranty, Tennis Warehouse wasn't able to replace these shoes but they did offer me 10% off my next purchase instead and suggested that I put in a call to New Balance and see what they can do. I called New Balance and they sent me a return UPS label so I can send the shoes back at no charge and they offered to replace them with a more expensive model tennis shoe (at no additional cost to me) that he has worn in the past and had good luck with.
From: Debbie, 4/13