Comments: The key to knowing the width on New Balance shoes is going to their website and looking at the "Last." PL-1 lasts are narrower than the MX-001 lasts. That's not to say all PL-1 will be too narrow, only that you may run into that issue, where you definitely will not have that issue with an MX-001 last. The new 851 model also has the PL-1 last, so it will be narrower than an 1187 but not necessarily as narrow as the 900 due to different shoe construction. (The above came from a phone call I just had with New Balance customer support, which is the best in the industry in my limited experience.) Hope this helps prospective buyers.
From: HC. 10/11

Comments: These shoes have a good fit. They are comfortable and soft with decent support. The laces aren't great as mentioned by other New Balance reviewers. Also, I haven't been thrilled with the traction on hard or clay. It's not terrible, but could be improved.
From: Ben, 7/11

Comments: Just got my 900 Ds and like them very much! I do have medium wide feet, and the shoes were a bit snug for the first 15 minutes walking around the living room, but after that they are very comfortable and quick on court. The heels are a little squishier than I am used to (I usually play in Babolat Propulses, Roddick shoes, for singles or Nike player's shoes). I've only played in them a couple times, and my only concern is that they may be too soft, i.e., not being as precise as some of the more demanding shoes.
From: Terry, Los Angeles, CA. 4/11
3.5 all court player

Comments: I just played my second 2hr match in these shoes. My whole lower body is in pain. I feel it mostly in the heel, which I presume is because of bad cushioning. I have never felt this much pain in a new pair of shoes before. Regret.
From: Dai, San Jose, CA, USA, 03/11

Comments: I have worn NB shoes like the 600 series for years in 9B size. NB has decided to discontinue the B width in these shoes. I have tried the 803 in 9B and it is OK but feels a little like ski boots. I just ordered the 900 and the TW comment "fits true to size" is not correct. Since I have narrow feet it is a good shoe for me, but I had to go up a full size (I had to return the first pair because they were way too small). If you normally wear D width, I do not think this shoe will work, even if you go up a size. It is light and comfortable as they say.
From: Bob, Mentor, OH, USA, 03/11