Comments: This shoe isn't nearly as wide as the 2E 804 model. Don't bother with the 2E version if you have a wide foot.

Comments: This is a great shoe. Not sure if they have changed the formulation of the outsole, but the durability on these seems good. As point of comparison, I recently went through a pair of Babolat Propulse 3 shoes in 5 weeks. After 3 weeks, the New Balance 900 shoes still look good. I expect to get 3 months before sending in for the warranty replacement. Comfort is very good, and stability is also very good (not excellent, but very good, I feel a bit of give when sliding on hard courts which is what I like). I am wearing a 2E width which is perfect in this last, as it provides the extra room without dramatic heel slippage. The only minor negative is at first the heel seems slightly elevated compared to the toes. After 10 minutes I was used to it. Hoping these stay in stock, and I will stock up!

Comments: These shoes are excellent. You can wear them right out of the box with no issues. I'm now about to purchase my 3rd pair.
From: Keith, 3/12

Comments: The key to knowing the width on New Balance shoes is going to their website and looking at the "Last." PL-1 lasts are narrower than the MX-001 lasts. That's not to say all PL-1 will be too narrow, only that you may run into that issue, where you definitely will not have that issue with an MX-001 last. The new 851 model also has the PL-1 last, so it will be narrower than an 1187 but not necessarily as narrow as the 900 due to different shoe construction. (The above came from a phone call I just had with New Balance customer support, which is the best in the industry in my limited experience.) Hope this helps prospective buyers.
From: HC. 10/11

Comments: I just got these shoes, they are excellent. I did not have to break-in these shoes. The first day was a go, comfortable and light, and 2E wide is awesome for my wide feet. The money I spent is very well worth it.
From: Farid, 7/11

Comments: Width is narrower than other New Balance 2E's that I have worn. Returning and will try a different model.
From: Steve, Raleigh, NC, USA, 7/11

Comments: I've worn these shoes for a few months, my main complaint is that they have a really pointy toe without much of a toe cap to prevent wear...I tripped many times getting used to this and eventually wore a hole in the toe. Not a good shoe if you're a toe dragger like myself.

Comments: Unless they have changed something here this is not a true 2E width. I have used NB shoes in a 2E width for over a decade and all of them, that is, each series has fit perfectly in a 2E until the 900 series. I could not wear them, as they were too narrow. A pity, as they are much better looking than the other series and I would buy in a heartbeat if they made them in a 4E.
From: Tim, Indiana, USA, 12/10

Comments: I've been playing in these shoes for over a month. I was playing in Barricades; these are much lighter and more comfortable. No blisters, and good support.
From: Kevin, Chicago, IL, USA, 09/10

Comments: This shoe has great cushioning, especially in the heel. They are supportive but are tricky to get tied tight and snug to your feet. That's why I presume others have posted about lace holders breaking because you really have to pull on them to get the shoe tight. I am going to order them again when these wear out -- if they prove to be durable -- but if you are new to ordering them, I would recommend ordering at least 1/2 (.5) bigger than normal and maybe even a full size bigger. I have been buying the 1004's in size 10.5 4E and ordered these in 11 2E because they didn't have 4E. The toe box is still too tight and actually almost too short. I think if I get them in an 11.5 2E that they will fit my 10.5 4E foot perfectly, both width and length wise. It is a good show, just go up in size. The extra cushioning helps us tennis players with Achille's or PF issues.
From: John, Madison, WI, USA. 6/10

Comments: Have played in the shoe for a little over a month and a lace holder has broken loose. I enjoy the grip and comfort but do not like that the shoe is coming apart.

Comments: Don't be fooled by the initial comfort level of this shoe! They felt great in the store so I changed up from my regular Head shoe. Five weeks in and I am through the outsole at the toes and my arches, knees and back are hurting. Also I have had more hot spots, calluses and blisters than any other shoe I have owned, including the 750 series of New Balance(750, 751 and 755s?) . I think the uppers, being mesh are just to soft to keep my foot from moving and sliding on the insole. I just now found information that the sole last is from one of the running shoes!! I will warranty this pair and wear the next pair as casual shoes but I am going back to my all leather uppers and stiffer soled Head Radical Pro shoe.
From: Greg 4.0/4.5 player 4-5 times a week, Broomfield, CO, USA. 5/10

Comments: Save your receipt. My first pair lasted 2 uses and one of the cloth eyelets that the laces go through pulled out. I assumed it had to be a manufacturing defect as I've had great success with New Balance in the past. TW was very accommodating and sent me a second pair. That pair lasted about 3 weeks and the same thing happened in different locations. This time one pulled out and 2 had elongated and were ready to pull out. Now I'm moving on to a different shoe as it seems to be a design flaw. It's a shame too cause I really liked the shoe when I was able to use it. It is very light and I felt like I was faster on the court. I did notice the same narrow toe box as others have mentioned but no serious issues with it and no blisters. I'm a 3.5 primarily doubles player who plays 3-4 times a week for ~2 hours. I spend lots of time at the net or rushing the net.
From: Eric, Sterling Heights, MI, USA, 05/10

Comments: I've used NB 2E shoes for years and these are NOT a true 2E width. I have bad bunions and need a wide toe box. I just wish NB would make a wide shoe that is lighter than the 100X series. If you have truly wide feet stay away from this shoe. Perhaps if they made this shoe in a 4E but alas they do not.

Comments: Like a previous review, the tight toebox is giving me close to blisters on the top of my middle toes. A weird shape for a wide shoe - wide with a pointed toe. As much as a I like the light weight for the good shock absorption on hard courts, I am going to have to give them away.
From: Jeff, Gergetown, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, 04/10

Comments: I've had these 900s since January 2010 and now I wanted to post a review. For the most part, I do like the shoe: sharp looks, very breathable, generally has a comfortable midsole, and seems to have decent support for such a lightweight shoe. That being said, I have not been happy that these shoes (a) don't seem like a true 2E - very tight toebox and (b) the "runner last" build means your heel will sit higher than your forefoot. I have bought several pairs of New Balance in the past (usually the 100x series - 1002s) and I have to say that these are not a true 2E and they are the first pair of New Balance shoes that have given me blisters in the middle of my forefoot. Unfortunately, these negatives are the deal breaker for me.
From: Shawn, Hatfield, PA. 4/10