Comments: This shoe isn't nearly as wide as the 2E 804 model. Don't bother with the 2E version if you have a wide foot.

Comments: This is a great shoe. Not sure if they have changed the formulation of the outsole, but the durability on these seems good. As point of comparison, I recently went through a pair of Babolat Propulse 3 shoes in 5 weeks. After 3 weeks, the New Balance 900 shoes still look good. I expect to get 3 months before sending in for the warranty replacement. Comfort is very good, and stability is also very good (not excellent, but very good, I feel a bit of give when sliding on hard courts which is what I like). I am wearing a 2E width which is perfect in this last, as it provides the extra room without dramatic heel slippage. The only minor negative is at first the heel seems slightly elevated compared to the toes. After 10 minutes I was used to it. Hoping these stay in stock, and I will stock up!

Comments: These shoes are excellent. You can wear them right out of the box with no issues. I'm now about to purchase my 3rd pair.
From: Keith, 3/12

Comments: The key to knowing the width on New Balance shoes is going to their website and looking at the "Last." PL-1 lasts are narrower than the MX-001 lasts. That's not to say all PL-1 will be too narrow, only that you may run into that issue, where you definitely will not have that issue with an MX-001 last. The new 851 model also has the PL-1 last, so it will be narrower than an 1187 but not necessarily as narrow as the 900 due to different shoe construction. (The above came from a phone call I just had with New Balance customer support, which is the best in the industry in my limited experience.) Hope this helps prospective buyers.
From: HC. 10/11

Comments: I just got these shoes, they are excellent. I did not have to break-in these shoes. The first day was a go, comfortable and light, and 2E wide is awesome for my wide feet. The money I spent is very well worth it.
From: Farid, 7/11

Comments: I've worn these shoes for a few months, my main complaint is that they have a really pointy toe without much of a toe cap to prevent wear...I tripped many times getting used to this and eventually wore a hole in the toe. Not a good shoe if you're a toe dragger like myself.

Grey Accent