New Balance MC 786 2E White/Navy Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: I have feet with a lot of miles on them. I had to adjust my socks, but once I got the socks correct - - 2 pairs and the sneakers worked well. I have a wide foot and the 2E was good.
From: Ed, 8/15

Comments: Attn: Anon, 2/14 and Bill, 9/14 -- try the Babolat SFX shoes! They are great for wide feet. I have wide feet along with a high instep, and bunions. The SFX works great for me. I believe I left a review for them last year.
From: Tony, 8/15

Comments: I recently ordered a pair of New Balance MC696 shoes, width 2E. I have/had always thought D width to be standard, anything above to be "wide." However, after receiving them and instantly realizing they're too narrow and confining, plus after reading user comments regarding the same issues, I'm now more aware (wary?) regarding shoe width.
From: Bill, 9/14

Comments: The 2E feels plenty wide, more so than other New Balance 2E shoes I've tried (1296 and 996, etc.). It's not as wide as the 4E 806 which feels cavernous. What I like is the width/stretchability around the "knuckle" of the big toe. What I don't like is the extra width in the arch area, but I can live with it. Overall, I find it to be an average shoe. If you have wide feet and need a court shoe, it's okay. Not great, but okay. It would be great if other brands offered decent wide court shoes, but they don't. As an aside, I found the 1296 to be too tight around the nuckle so I had to return them. The 996 is borderline too tight just around the knuckle" due to a strip of plastic/rubber on the webbing, but it does stretch after half a dozen or so wearings. Then it's fine. On the 1296, there's a large strip of plastic/rubber down the side of the shoe in the area of the knuckle that just doesn't stretch. I couldn't wear it due to that.