Comments: I've worn New Balance shoes for many years, including precursors to the 656, and all have been great until the 656. The laces cut into the top of my foot, either due to the style or the thinness of the tongue. I've tried skipping the top holes when lacing, but this doesn't provide enough support.

Comments: These are the worst shoes I've bought for tennis. These shoes are worse than the cheap Nike shoes with bad ankle support. These shoes have no ankle support, top support, and hurt my feet only after 30 min of play on clay. I wish I could return them but they were used for 30 min on clay. These shoes make great walking shoes but are not worth the price.

Comments: A note on size and fit: These being wide shoes I had to try lower sizes than my usual 10.5. Finally size 9 4E seemed like a perfect fit for me so this is what I'm going to order now from TW.
From: Sushanth, 9/12

Comments: Finally, a great-fitting, sharp-looking shoe with a wide forefoot that won't break the bank! After using this shoe for a couple of months now, I am finding it extremely comfortable both on and off the court. My 12-4E feels roomier than the CT1004/CT1005 models, and is very stable. The pleasing color above the toe box not only hides dirt well but also adds a bit of pizazz. Thank you New Balance!
From: Andy, 8/12

Comments: I have really wide feet for their length (size 9 4E). This is the only tennis shoe I've found that doesn't destroy my feet playing racquetball. Literally every other shoe smashes my pinky toe into the side wall, which is especially brutal after hours of hard stops and cutting. This shoe is amazing. Light, with great lateral support. And it just feels completely natural. Finally a toe box that's big enough. Works great on the racquetball courts as well. Non-marking. I don't feel that I've lost anything by doing without gum rubber.
From: Josh, 7/12

Comments: I have broad feet, and this shoe fits perfectly. Finally a shoe that fits! You should try it on before making an online purchase because it feels very different (additional "feet room" I never had). Unlike my old shoes, after playing for two hours, it doesn't feel warm at all. Good job NB!

Comments: Perfect for my feet. The soles are cut to be wider in forefoot than any other New Balance shoes. It lets my feet breath and there's no cut off of blood flow.

Comments: I bought this shoe looking for a lighter weight version of New Balance CT1004. This shoe is super wide! I've been wearing New Balance shoes for over 15 years. Always buy size 9 4E. This shoe is built on the same last as the CT1004 (MX001) but is at least 2 width sizes bigger.

Red Accent