New Balance MC 1296 2E White/Blue Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: Don't believe all the negative reviews! These shoes have to be appreciated for what they are: a performance tennis shoe which is meant to fit snug. My 2E foot just fit into the shoe, but after just an hour or two of break in I loves the shoes. Awesome stability, great comfort, and I like the styling. Unsure how they will last, but it is tough to find performance type shoes in 2Es. I gave up on the Barricade years ago. Super solid shoes.
From: Bob, 11/15

Comments: I ordered a size too large and they were great on the court. The most comfort out of the box of any shoe I have ever bought, and perfect fit in the mid foot -- New Balance's size 2E are the only shoes I can wear! Very soft inserts, and good support. I am ordering another pair right now in my exact size to try them.
From: Ronnie, 7/15

Comments: I have really, really narrow feet and I've told it looks like a foot long hot dog. These 1296 shoes were really tight with painful hotspots on the sides of my foot. I thought about using a pry bar to make them fit.
From: Wes, 4/15

Comments: I too feel a little foolish for buying these shoes without first reading the reviews. They are very narrow and tight. I'm a long-time New Balance wearer and am surprised they would allow so much variation in the lasts under the same brand without a closer quality check. I'll think again before buying New Balance and am sympathetic to Tennis Warehouse which must be getting lots of returns. These will be going back tomorrow.
From: Arne, 3/15

Comments: I purchased these shoes without reading reviews. My mistake. I have to agree with all comments. The shoe is very narrow for a 2E. The midsole is ridiculously narrow. Comfort is a 2/10. I know sometimes you just have to get used to a new fit however but this was no where near what I was expecting out of a NB tennis shoe. It is hard on you feet and cramp your arch. I play 3.0/3.5 as much as 3 or 4 days a week on hard and rubico and it was so bad I played in my street shoes. NB is normally my shoe of choice.

Comments: I bought these on cyber Monday and started playing with these shoes on December 2. A mere five weeks later, and the outside of the sole is already worn down to the plastic support on the widest portion of the toe box. Most of the outside tread is worn completely smooth. I am 59 years old and play mostly doubles. I will send them back to get another pair. Also, the tongue is so short I can barley tie the laces without them touching my socks. Glad TW will honor the New Balance warranty.
From: Joel, 1/15

Comments: I have worn New Balance shoes (2E) for more than 15 years. The MC1296 is the worst so far. Very uncomfortable, too narrow for wide shoes, cheap materials and the worst the outsole that lasted only 3 weeks (I play 3 days a week). So disappointed
From: Noppadon, 12/14

Comments: Perhaps the worst NB shoe I have ever tried on and wouldn't think of ever attempting to wear them on court. Really odd fit compared the old lasts they used to use, cheap materials and didn't look well constructed. Frankly, haven't seen a decent NB shoe since the 1002. Just sad what NB has become.

Comments:I have worn nothing but New Balance size 9EE shoes for more than a decade. Either the shoes sent to me were mislabeled, or these are by far the narrowest double E shoes New Balance has ever created. I held them up to my current 9EE shoes and the difference in width was striking.
From: Rick, 8/14

Comments: I have worn New Balance Tennis Shoes for a long time. The 2E width in this shoe does feel different than anything New Balance has ever produced. It is a closer fit in the midfoot area as described -- but the shoe fits true to size! The snug fit in the midfoot keeps your foot very stable in the shoe and prevents slipage. I do not mind the tongue being shorter than other models. The top laces come very close to the top of the tongue -- but the tongue stays in place and there is no problem.
From: Larry, 3/14

Comments: I have been wearing 1004s and 1005s for some time in 8 1/2 2E. I just ordered this shoe and am sending them back as this model is narrower than previous New Balance versions. In addition, the tongue is shorter than previous versions and thus the knotted shoe lace is almost at the top of the tongue.
From: Hamid, 2/14