Comments: Loved the fit of the shoe right out of the box, but some of the stabilizing features on the medial aspect of the shoe took a little getting used to. Felt great on the court without any noticeable give. I needed to get an athletic replacement insert to replace the worthless stock insert, but that's pretty typical for any shoe used in high impact settings (indoor and outdoor 5.0 pickleball for me). I'm really excited about these shoes!
From: Devin, 5/15

Comments: Great shoes. Solid cushioning, arch support, lateral support, and traction. Perhaps the best shoe New Balance has produced in years. My only complaint is the stock shoe laces are a little short. I will definitely be buying a 2nd pair. Hope NB keeps making this model for years to come.
From: Chaz, 1/15

Comments: I have been wearing New Balance shoes for years. This one is different. My last was the 1187. The 1296 is narrower, must come from a different last, and is not comfortable. I have replaced it with the 1005 (can't return the 1296 because I have tried to break it in and have worn it three times) which is every bit as comfortable as the 1187. My advice: if you want the traditional fit and last, don't buy the 1296.
From: Edson, 6/14

Comments: These shoes are pretty nice. I have worn Barricades for years and was always scared to switch but when the 8 went to a lower arch I started looking around. I chose this because of the specs and also the one year warranty. I was wearing out the Barricades after about eight months time after time. I have only worn these for one day but it was during a tough 4.5 match and the shoes performed beautifully. I use a schools replacement sport insert. These shoes are very comfortable and stable at the same time -- nice.
From: JB, 6/14