New Balance MC 1005 2E White/Navy Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: Like others posting for various NB shoes, I have noticed a decrease in the quality of the shoes. Unfortunately, this pair is no exception. Standing in them, they feel cushy. In fact, they feel soft all the way around. If you like a tall and firm heel cup, like the Babolat SFX or the Prince T22, you will dislike the feel -- which is floppy. The mesh definitely makes the short (in height) toe box tolerable, because the mesh gives. In fact, it gives too much. The support in these shoes is minimal in physical tennis matches. The mesh allows the foot to move too much in the shoe, as it stretches when you are jamming on the brakes/changing direction. The insole support is minimal -- yet cushy. I use orthotics on top of the insoles. All in all, there is just too little support to have me believe I can play in these very long. It is a mushy shoe that is fine for minimally athletic activities. Not tennis.

Comments: I've worn New Balance shoes for years. This is the worst shoe ever. I got a 2E and it still rubs on the side of my foot. There's no toe box and no arch. The inside of the shoe is slick and my foot kept jamming into the end of the shoe. I tied them tighter and I still ran out of the shoe twice on the court. I hate them. I tried two pairs of socks, tried new insoles, and re-laced them. Again, just a bad shoe.

Comments: These MC 1005 2E shoes have the best support and cushioning so far. My feet and joints don't hurt after 3 hours of tennis. The best thing, though, is that they feel light and low to the ground. These shoes have improved my foot work and have given me new legs at the same time. Hope they make these for a long time.
From: Dave, 2/15

Comments: This is my second pair of MC 1005 2E, and I play on hard court in hot weather in Texas. It's light and soft. I like the 1005-2E more than 1004-2E (which are heavier/harder and I used 5 pairs in 3 years). I have wide feet and the 2E model fits perfectly to my feet.
From: Ron, 9/12

Comments: I have worn the New Balance for many years and have enjoyed the fit and stablity of the older models until the 1005. They did away with the inner shoe lining, and the insole does not have as much support (I got shin splints the first week that I wore them). Even the laces seem cheap. They will work fine for mowing the grass but I will not use them for tennis. This will be the last pair of New Balance that I will buy.
From: Duane, 7/12