Comments: I love this racquet, the Liquid Metal Radicals have been my favorite racquets for over 10 years.

Comments: I have tried several 2012 sticks, including the 99s and the Babolats and I still think that this Head is superior for people who can generate their own power. The feel is great and it doesn't hurt the arms at all. Thanks TW - please keep selling them.
From: Tim, 3/13

Comments: This racquet is one of the few I have ever used that doesn't aggravate my professional (crazy bone side) tennis elbow. I string it at 52 pounds with 17g string and have plenty of power and control and no elbow pain. I have three of these racquets and have been using them for more than three years.
From: Ed, 1/13

Comments: This is an exceptional OS frame because it has great feel and control. Not so much power but the feedback I got from every shot is good. It has enough spin but I agree with the other testers that it's not a spin monster. I like it for doubles. It's easy to volley with. It's also easy on the arm and shoulder. I switched from the Babolat Pure Drive, and this racquet definitely doesn't have the power and spin, but it's enough for me. I'll get one more.
From: Chad, 9/12
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16g @ 60 lbs

Comments: I own 2 of these racquets and I generally enjoy using them. Personally the racquet feels a little heavy and I prefer a stiffer frame and smaller head. I have a Babolat AeroPro Team GT that I love that is easier for me to control the pace and spin with (but the frame of that racquet has cracked). While this racquet is a solid backup, I would not buy another one.

Comments: I brought this out of the closet and I got to admit this Liquidmetal racquet deserve a review. Matched with my 107 Microgel Radical and wow! Both just can't be denied; hitting is great. If you want to get your double game on high, lower the tension to 59 or 56 pounds, where you will get best of both worlds. Arthritis in the wrist would get anyone down but with a good support and these racquets; I still hold my own. Have fun!
From: Don, 4/12

Comments: This is a fantastic racquet, when it first came out I bought 3 of them, now after some years and when it came time to replace them, I ended up getting 3 more of them. I've tried other racquets, but I keep coming back to this one, just a great all around racquet.
From: Diego, Slovakia, 1/12
String type and tension: Gose 17, 58lbs

Comments: I bought two of these and luckily they had same weight (about 320g). Original grip was 4 1/2, but I added heat shrink sleeve and TW leather grip for more weight. Then I added 3 grams lead on 9 and 3 o'clock. Total weight is about 355 g and balance too is good for me. The racquet really does the job for you without having any hot spot at all. Old school feeling is perfect.
String type and tension: Cyberflash blue 17, 60 lbs
Headsize: os

Comments: Hello tennis fans :o) If you're a big hitter and would like a slightly larger head to allow more room for error, this is the racquet for you. It has great control, feel and just medium power so you have to help with that. It seems to have a 100" sweet spot. This racquet creates lots of spin with your help. I've tried many many 98-100" racquets and the LM Radical OS out does them all. I'm 100% confident its the frame for my game. I play lots of singles and doubles. Its great from the baseline or in battles at net. I started out with it and went back to it after experimenting with many others. Yes I had to buy another set :o)
From: Keith, Denison. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power 125 @ 56 lbs
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: This racquet was my first racquet to learn tennis with. My friends bought me for my birthday present. For 1 year, I played with this racquet with ease. This racquet has a generous sweet spot. Some off center shots did cause some twisting, but it was my job to learn how to hit the ball in the center. If I did my job, the racquet had a great feel and was completely under control. Strengths: Comfortable, long string life, adequate control, amazing volleys, beautiful slice shots. Drawbacks: Not enough topspin, stability in off-center shots, one-hand backhand, pop on serves
From: Motomasa, Bloomington, IN, US. 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 17, 60

Comments: I made a deal with my parents 6 months ago. If I made the tennis team, then I'd get a brand new racquet. Well I did, despite only playing tennis seriously last summer with friends, and this racquet improved my game TREMENDOUSLY!!! I started crushing my serves, hitting harder with my backhand then my forehand, and could slice it with ease. This racquet is fantastic...for beginners. Now that I am able to place my serves where I want, generate an awesome amount of power on my own, the racquet started doing horrible for me. My forehands started going far over the baseline, serves constantly going into the net, etc. This was NOT due to my playing style, just that I basically outgrew the racquet. Not to mention that it snapped in half for no reason one day. Right in the middle, separating the grip and head. There's no way a racquet should do that with no reason. EVER. I now use a YOUTEK Head Radical Pro. It's the best out there.
From: Bryce, Saint Clairsville, OHIO, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut at 60 lbs.
Headsize: Oversize - 107

Comments: Pretty solid racquet, has just the right amount of power and control. The only negative thing is I can't put a great amount of spin on the ball. If you are looking for a more spin friendly racquet, I would not recommend this one. Other than that is is an amazing racquet! 7.5 out of 10
From: Jonathan, Georgia, USA. 9/09
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut

Comments: Overall best Racket Ive ever played with. Don't get K factor or any of them Overated factory rackets. This has the best performance fo show!!!
From: anon. 09/09

Comments: Great racquet for intermediate players looking for more control, and help with serve and volley. Must be able create own power. Has improved my game all around. LOVE IT!!!
From: Aaron, NC, USA 07/09
String type and tension:Tournament nylon, 58-60
Headsize:

Comments: This raquet was very hard to control the ball. Every shot was sailing and I couldn't get any good spin consistently. My serves were ok. My style of play is topspin topspin topspin. With better strings hopefully I will have better control and have good topspin consistently.
From: Ryker, Oakley CA 06/09
String type and tension: stock
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: Lots of pop on groundies & serves. More power than Agassi radical graphite and plenty of touch. Before you spend $200, try this one; it's a confidence builder.
From: Mason, SF, CA, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: Wilson synthetic 63 lbs

Comments: This racquet plays like a late 80's graphite racquet. Great touch at the net. Its definitely a players racquet so you must generate your own power. Of course this is what keeps me from hitting deep a lot. It feels great in my hand. It is lacking power and some control in the service game. Good from the base line though. The racquet is stressful on my arm however. As I age, I may be required to switch to take some pressure off the arm but outside of that I highly recommend this racquet.
From: Christopher, Jacksonville, Florida, US. 06/09
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic
Headsize:98"

Comments: The best racquet for aggressive baseline player like me, a hard server. Very smooth with backhand slices and for a player that hate seeing ball over, lovely smash and volley.
From: Jaiye, Lagos, Nigeria, 05/09
Headsize: oversize

Comments: This racket just feels "darn" good to play with. Definitely one of the better, if not best rackets out there. Great for all playing levels, even beginners (because it encourages longer strokes). I like using this racket with the Gamma Shockbuster, but the racket comes with a vibe damp too. Did I mention that it feels good to play with?
From: Yu Fark-Ha, 05/09
String type and tension:Stock, For Now

Comments: Great racquet... just had my first hit and one set of playing with it last night. Worked very well: I am a baseliner who hits a flat, heavy ball, especially on my forehand. The Head Liquidmetal Radical Oversize worked wonderfully for me. Flat shots came naturally, and I could take a full swing to generate pace without feeling uncomfortable. I am used to head heavy racquets, so this one is not quite as penetrating on every shot (again you need to use a full swing) but the control and comfort is on a whole another level. I don't think this racquet leads itself to top spin as much as some newer ones, but it is possible. First serve had a little less pace for me, but placement was much easier, and service returns were very good, some out of this world; you can really take a cut at them and still feel confident they will land in right on the baseline. Thank goodness there is a high quality racquet with a low price. I use Babolat Addiction 16 string at 54 lbs.
From: D.R., VA, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction, 54 lbs

Comments:This racquet has a firm grip, but your wrists starts hurting if you play a few sets with it. You may come up with a sore arm once in a while. The balance is very good and everything else is very good. If you're a base liner, then this racquet is for you. If your swings aren't full, then this racquet isn't recommended. Low on comfort, but stable.
From: Sarah, Irvine, California, USA 1/09
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: Great racquet, improves a lot your baseline game and also great touch in the net. Not the best accuracy for first servers, but the second serves are really hard to attack. You have to work a little to generate spin, but when you have the technique you can really make big topspin. It also improved my defensive game.
From: Michael, San Diego, California. 1/09
String type and tension: Toalson Gold @ 56 lb

Comments: Great for serves, especially 2nd, you really get the ball and can hit great topspin, hitting kick serves as high as average persons head. A little less power than what I'm used to from the few Wilsons I've used but it lets you swing harder and be more free and you end up generating the power effortlessly.
From: D.M., Antioch, TN, USA, 10/08
Headsize: 107 sq”

Comments: This racquet does the trick. Not too much power, but it has pretty good control. It needs more pop. Other than that, it will help you improve your game.
From: Matt, Forest, Virginia, USA. 6/08
String type and tension: Head Synthetic gut 16g 60 lbs
Headsize: Oversize

Comments: I was looking for a friendlier version of the Prince Original Graphite (os). I tried many different rackets. I remember back in '99 I used to play with the Ti-Radical, that was a great stick. But I didn't like the I-Rad, so I switched back to the POG, tried the Flexpoint, didn't like it. A coach had a Liquidmetal Radical in his bag as a spare, so I tried it while my POGS were getting strung not expecting to like it, but it felt nice. More zip than my POG but more control than the Babolats. Great control with power, the flat serves & volleys are outstanding. Great ball pocketing & comfort. String tech added weights to my specs, it's great! Just have to tweak for right string setup & tension! I almost over looked this racket. My Head sponsor wants me to play with the Microgel, I told him...no way, I'll just pay for my sticks thank you. Sure it's not a POG, but it is a wannabe.
From: Rodney, Sydney, Australia
String type and tension: MSV 18g @ 59lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.0/ Open

Comments: I got this racquet 2 days ago with the new string setup with Luxilon Big Banger set at 58. Awesome racquet. This racquet is amazing, just change the stock strings and you're set.
From: Steven, Orlando, FL, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger

Comments: Like a dummy, I gave up on this stick about three months after posting my last review in 4/07. I must have gone through 20 or more new sticks since then. I came back to this one after developing shoulder pain from using sticks that are too stiff. It is working out well so far, again. I have upped the weight to 11.5 ounces after putting .2 ounces of lead tape in the hollow handle. The head light balance is now up to 7 points. The swing through is much better and the racquet feels more solid. I am really able to hit out on the ball pretty much as much as I want. My volleys are much better as well. Hopefully, I will stick with this stick this time.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire Pro 17g @ 58lbs
Headsize: 107 NTRP Rating: 3.5

Comments: I borrowed this from my coach while he was stringing my MicroGEL Radical OS. I was decently impressed. It doesn't measure up to the MicroGEL in terms of dwell time, control and pop. I did notice a considerable amount of flex. It felt like the entire racquet was bending around the Liquidmetal. I enjoyed this stick, but I prefer my MicroGEL.
String type and tension: Synthetic gut @ 56 lbs

Comments: After using the TI Radical OS, Intelligence Radical OS, Wilson Hyper Hammer, and recently the new K factors, this racquet reigns supreme. The feel and control this product gives to hitters are amazing. The amount of spin and pace I generate is also laudable. Even though I have been playing with this stick for a couple of years, I see no reason to replace it. Good job, Head.
From: Tom, CA. 2/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger @ 60

Comments: Wow, I overlooked this racquet for many years. I'm an APD user, and I'm very impressed with the Radical OS after playing a doubles match with it. Great serves, baseline power, volley/overhead putaways plus a nice back hand slice - the 4 aspects I've been searching for as an all courter. I will try it in singles next.
From: WKSOH, Singapore. 12/07
String type and tension: Gosen micro16

Comments: This racquet has a great price, high quality construction, and feels good to swing as long as you are very accurate. However, it has an inconsistent stringbed with hotspots, and is VERY tough on the arm, even with softer strings. Two players who borrowed this racquet felt arm pain within 10 - 15 minutes. Plenty of power, esp on serves. Spin is good for a tight string pattern, but doesn't approach a decent open pattern racquet. Tape at 9 and 3 will help with twisting, but not vibration. Oh, and cut out the strings that come on it if you have any sensitivity in your arm. Obviously a lot of people have liked this racquet over a long period of time, so it may just not suit me.
From: Ken, USA, 11/07
String type and tension: tried syn gut, poly, and multi all at low tensions

Comments: Very nice racket considering the price. There's a reason this racquet's been around for such a long time. Excellent feel on volleys and nice power and control on groundstrokes. BEST RACQUET FOR THE PRICE!
From: John, Wilmette, IL, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: Head synthetic, 59 lbs
Headsize: oversize

Comments: Previous to this racquet I played with a Head Ti. Radical. Before buying the Liquidmetal Radical I demoed it and the Flexpoint Radical. I then chose the liquidmetal radical b/c I could not get used to the different flex thing on the flexpoint. I've been playing the LM Radical for 3/4 pf a year now and just bought a second one. This racquet is the perfect mix of power and control. I SWEAR BY IT.
From: Lukas, NC, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Prince topspin
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I've been through many head racquets, but this is the one racquet that I found with more control, spin, and a bit of power. I tried the flexpoint, nowhere near as maneuverable as this racquet, and it's not too head heavy, and not too handle heavy. So it's good for groundstrokes and volley's.
From: Micah, Brenham, TX, USA, 04/07
String type and tension: Gamma, 64 lbs
Headsize: OS

Comments: I used this racquet a few years ago and have bounced around to more styles than I can remember. I have been using the Babolat 107 recently and have gotten a sore shoulder from the stiff frame. On a whim, I decided to pick up this racquet again; it was strung with some poly filament string. Even off the shelf, this racquet produced some amazing shots the first time I used it. My shoulder was not in pain afterward either. I did beef up the dead weight to 11.3 and that seemed to help with a better swing as well. I can't remember the reason I stopped using this racquet a few years ago but I am glad I re-discovered it.
From: Mike, Huntersville, NC, USA, 04/07

Comments: I thought I was going to have a tough time finding another racquet since the Prince Graphite II OS was discontinued. On a whim, I bought the Head Liquidmetal Radical OS from the store because it felt good in my hand and I read about it here. Let me tell you, it is exactly what I needed and even better than the Prince Graphite II OS. This racquet is a little lighter than my prior racquet and it has great control and power. I would recommend the OS version of this racquet to higher- level players who are predominantly baseliners.
From: Neil, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut 16
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: This is a superb racquet. I really enjoy hitting with it. The forehands are great with topspin. The backhands are also nice, but they sometimes fell short due to the lack of more power. Serves were more difficult getting in. It provided great control with a higher string tension. The consistency has given me more confidence for bigger shots and has helped me improve my game.
From: Zen, Crystal Lake, IL, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut 16g at 60lbs
Headsize:OS

Comments: I find this racquet harsh. Even with a shock absorber, it tends to deliver a serious jolt to the arm that many other racquets in the "player" category do not. This racquet is low on comfort. I do find that it is precise on ground strokes, but it's still not fun, no matter how good your shots are, to have serious arm pain after a few sets.
From: Chris, Fort Worth, FL, USA. 12/06

Comments: I have purchased the Radical and played with it for four months and I have never been so satisfied with how I am playing with it. The only problem is that the throat of the racquet is not very sturdy, and it cannot handle flat serves or groundstrokes. I've already broken two of them in the same place just by hitting groundstrokes. It's a good racquet, (has nice feel and flexibility), but I believe it's only for the players who hit a lot of topspin.
From: Tomas, Long Beach, CA, USA

Comments: I like the flex of this racquet. I've moved on from wide body power racquets because I'm tired of sending balls long when swinging out. I still need to focus to avoid hitting long sometimes, but most balls are going exactly where I want them, which is nice. This racquet also supplies more spin than I expected, considering that the string pattern is not very open. With a flick of the wrist on my twist serve and I produced some impressive spin that my opponent was having a hard time handling. I'm going to add a little weight, as my elbow is slightly tweaked after 3 sets, but I'm sure that an ounce of total weight will solve this problem as it has with all my lightweight racquets. A great buy.
From: Dan, Melville, NY, USA. 12/06

Comments: I have had this racquet for a few months now, and I have been quite happy with it. I play with the OS frame, and it has a great balance of power and control. I like to hit with a lot of topspin, mostly from the baseline, and I have found that this racquet is good from there, as well as having great touch at the net. There is not a whole lot of power, so if you don't have a long swing, it may be difficult to get good pace on your groundstrokes. I am thinking of changing racquets, but the main reason is that I am looking for something a little heavier. If you prefer a lighter racquet or a you're junior player ready for a tweener racquet but not too much weight, I would definitely recommend it.
From: Rafaela, Portland, ME, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Prince Topspin @ 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: junior 4.0-4.5

Comments: I bought A couple of OS racquets a few months ago and felt the improvement on my game from day one. I have more control from the baseline, and my second serve % is much higher. All this added control came at a price. I lost the pop on my one-handed backhand and my fast first serve moved to another planet. I found it very hard to generate spin from the baseline and I also sacrificed my flat first serve for a faster second serve. Three months into playing with it I developed an enormous amount of pain in my arm. I love the improvement on my game but had to go with a different type of racquet. Definitely not the racquet for everyone. Must try the Babolat Pure Drive standard W/Cortex. Nice feeling, no pain. Julio, Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina @ 62 lbs

Comments:I've only had a Wilson H Tour and a nTour before I got this racquet. I strayed away from Wilson because their racquets feel numb in your hand, hardly any response, which often causes botched shots. I had heard about the heralded "Head feel", so I took a chance and bought this one off recommendation without demoing it. At first I struggled with the drop in power, but I realized that I could actually swing harder and control the ball better without worrying about it hitting the back fence. It sounds cliche, but it really is an extension of your arm. I'm 17 years old, so I don't have any problem swinging hard; in fact I prefer it. The large forgiving OS head boosts my terrible volley game. My only gripe is that the string pattern makes it hard to generate big topspin, although slices are a breeze. Maybe the newer Tour update of the flexpoint version would be a solid package. BUT FOR THE PRICE, THIS HEAD CANNOT BE BEAT.
From: Jonathan, Houston, Texas, USA, 11/06
String type and tension: Wilson NXT and Luxilon Big Banger @ 58lb
Headsize: OS (107)

Comments: This has to be the best racquet that Head has ever came up with. When I first played with this wonderful racquet, the first thing I heard is what I call excellent. My serves are up and over 100 mph, and feels like I'm hardly even hitting the ball. I strongly suggest to try out the Head Liquidmetal radical, if you have a pretty full swing, and want great spin and speed with amazing control.
From: Scott, Canton, Ohio, USA 08/06