Lotto Raptor Ultra IV Speed Navy/Green Men's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: These shoes fit perfectly if you have narrow or medium width feet. Outsole is good, not too grippy/squeaky, not too hard/slippery. Weight is just right. Excellent flex. Durability is maybe a little above average. Bottoms aren't as durable as Nadal's shoe, but they are far superior to the Fed Vapor shoe. The two weaknesses of this shoe are its paper- thin insole (which packs down and is useless after one wearing) and the lack of adequate cushioning in the forefoot. It's not a "cushiony" shoe in the ball of the foot area. And last but not least, the shoe appears to be unnecessarily adorned with lots of different materials and panels and features and stitching -- must be an Italian thing.

Comments: I ordered these shoes with a bit of trepidation since a few customer reviews stated that it had a narrow fit. Using TW's sizing chart I measured my socked foot (11.25" length, 4.25" width) and ordered them in a size 11.5. Well I was pleasantly surprised on how well they fit. Just like TW's reviewers had stated, the shoes fit like a glove without feeling tight. The material covering the upper toe box was supple enough to allow me to wiggle my toes without effort. I took the shoes out and performed some simulated tennis moves on a hard surface, and was impressed on how well they gripped the surface. Even though I tape my ankles before match play with the shoes I had been wearing, these shoes felt so stable that I may forgo that extra precaution. This is surprising since the shoe is very supple, not like the harsh stiffness one would find in some other shoes with comparable stability. My foot never slid inside the shoe even with the most extreme moves and felt comfortably in place at all times. I did replace the stock insole with Sorbothane Ultra Soles however, as I have a medium to high arch and felt the need for the added arch support. If you like to double knot your shoe laces like I do, you may want to use the extra set of blue shoe laces that come with the shoes instead of the white ones as they are a couple of inches longer.

Comments: Two words: the best! Believe everything you read, saw and heard from the TW testers on this shoe. It is all true. This shoe doesn't command nearly enough market share, but once you try it you'll realize it offers more for relatively less money!
From: Rob, 7/14

Comments: Just an update to my 5/14 review below: These shoes are not near as cushioned as I initially believed. I thought these shoes were more cushioned because I was playing on a softer/flexy hard court. After moving to a true hard court, I've suffered foot fatigue/soreness after 2.5+ hour matches. Still great support and the durability is solid, but just not as gentle on the feet as Asics gel. OK for me for 1 session a day under 2.5 hours.

Comments: Hi tennis friends! I'm an avid 4.0. I've tried several shoes to finally arrive at my destiny, AKA Raptor IV! The last shoe I wore resulted in a twisted ankle, however, it was due to me learning that I needed one size smaller as sports shoes do not forgive as much as leisure shoes. Enter Lotto Raptor IV -- a rock sold shoe. I didn't even know Lotto was an Italian company until after the purchase. I just made the buy based on the great TW playtesting reviews. However, Lotto Sport offers a lot of class, style, and commitment to excellence at their site -- highly recommend to check out. Funny thing is that I've only walked around the house and outside a few times so far -- not touching shoe to court yet -- while still being convinced, I've easily reached my tennis shoe destiny with Lotto. Happy hitting!
From: Jon, 7/14

Comments: I was a Yonex shoe guy but they did not provide warranty. So I decide to try these shoes. I was worried when I got the shoe and tried them on. Felt really tight by the toe area and was debating to exchange them for a size up. Ended up trying them out and after the break-in period the toe area got loose and felt snuggle and perfect. I'm glad I decided to keep these pair. They were just as comfortable as the yonex shoes. On the court they were very responsive and low to the court. I definitely buy these shoes again. Lotto has found a new customer.
From: Ben, 6/14

Comments: Amazing shoe, but took some patience for me. The first pair felt great but the left shoe was a bit narrow (like my foot was on the edge of the arch/insole) so I sent them back. Second pair felt better but my left toes felt a bit pinched so I stretched that area out (with a tennis ball). Played a match and an hour later heard the heel squeaking. I inspected it and found the syn-pulse heel had a plastic edge angled incorrectly inside that was rubbing on the bottom shell. I bent it (with a knife) and the noise went away. Now, like others, I have the best pair of shoes ever. Previously a fan of all Asics Gel Challengers and Gel Resolution 4 (hate the GR5). Size-wise, the Raptors felt snug and I debated going up a size. Glad I didn't as they loosened a tad after play.

Comments: This is the best pair of tennis shoes I've ever worn. Great support in lateral movement. Great grip. Perfect fit -- the sizing is spot on. I've always won 10.5 and it fits like a glove. I had the adidas Feather which was too long and narrow. I had too much toe space while the width was spot on. This resulted in too much toes movement when I dash around the court. With the Lotto Raptor Ultra IV, I can move without being worried about rolling an ankle -- great shoes! If you can get them on sale at 79.95, it is a steal!
From: Louis, 5/14

Comments: This shoe is close to perfect! With the exception of its mildly supportive insole, I wouldn't change a thing. My initial experience led me to change the insole for one that provided more arch and outside edge support. After doing so, this shoe performed better than any I've worn to date. Support, comfort, and durability inspire confidence the moment you step into the outwardly beautiful shoe. On court, I've never played in a superior shoe despite having played in many brands. Show up in these shoes and I know that you are a serious player.

Comments: These shoes are very narrow -- if you have normal width feet they will press uncomfortably against the inner sides of your feet. I wear a size 12 so maybe that's why. Maybe Lotto just hasn't properly scaled up the width for the bigger shoes.
From: Shoeman, 4/14

Comments: One of the best shoes I've ever worn. They are super comfortable right out of the box and fit very snug. On the courts they have great stability that is on par with the Courtballistec 4.3s but don't feel as clunky. It allows me to make a fast changes of direction while feeling confident that my ankle will not roll over and thus allows me to get to the ball a split second earlier than previously. Despite the advertised weight, these Lottos seem to feel lighter and faster. Traction and durability have all been fantastic. These are the best shoes I've ever tried. I will stick with these for a long time.
From: Leo, 4/14

Comments: Yes, these are the best shoes ever! They have great traction, fit, stability and maneuverability and they are not soft and mushy (I do not like shoes with that marshmallow/mushy feel). I also liked the Asics Gel Resolution 1 and 2, but they went downhill after that. I bought 10 pairs of these Lotto shoes just in case they change the design. These shoes are perfect just the way they are. Lotto, please do not change the design of these shoes!
From: Nickos, 3/14

Comments: Best shoe ever. I've been playing for 30+ years and I go through shoes pretty quick (3 months max) so I've owned a lot of shoes. I have a narrower foot and these shoes fit like a glove, very comfy, stable, great traction, and all that with above average durability. Highly recommend if you do not have a wide foot.
From: Jon, 3/14

Comments: Took a flier based on the video and glad I did. Best shoe for me, ever! And I've tried them all. Awesome sole, great traction and maneuverability. Best for narrow feet.
From: Christo, 3/14

Comments: This is the best shoe I have ever worn. I have used the Barricades 2, 3 and 4 and the Asics Gel Resolution 1-5, and these take the trophy as best all-around shoe. The comfort is fantastic and dissipates even the most jarring stops or plants, without feeling mushy. Stability and support are exceptional, while still feeling fast and low to the ground. The width is perfect for a medium to slightly narrow foot, and gives you a great snug fit that really locks your foot in place and gives you great confidence when moving (I switched over from the Asics GR5, since the sides balloon out on that shoe and there's just too much room for your foot to slide around). Toebox was medium and shaped in a way that allows your foot to spread naturally at impact but without excess room. I ordered the same size I've used for both adidas and Asics and they fit perfectly. Very happy I gave them a try!

Comments: I found the perfect replacement for the Nike Courtballistec 4.3 since the new model is $165 and too expensive for a pair of shoes. But this Lotto Raptor has the perfect comfort and durability, and do not need to be broken in before use, they come ready to play in, not like the Barricades that need to be broken in before playing. I'm very happy with this shoe, highly recomended if you want to switch from Nike.

Comments: Size 8 width was way too snug. Length was fine. My foot measures 29 cm by 10 cm. I returned them.

Comments: Love it! A great fit. Really snug all around the foot but it fits comfortably too. Most shoes don't manage that in my case. I think part of what makes it fit so nicely and for so long (I never have to re-tie the shoes) is the included laces as well as the lacing system. Look closely at the tongue and notice how it weaves into it through the sides and center twice. It really secures everything!

Comments: Great shoes, much softer and a little bit lighter and faster than Barricades, my legs are less sore after long matches, no nail problems. I am happy with my switch.
From: Bob, 1/14

Comments: Over the years, I have worn multiple Barricade models, Babolats, Asics, Big Shots and a few others. I had settled on the Barricade 7s for a while until they changed out to the 8s and I didn't like those. These Lottos are the best combination of comfort and support that I have tried out of any of the other shoes. Plus they have the additional benefit of being very light and agile. Right out of the box, they felt great. Wear seems reasonable. About in line with any of the other shoes I've worn. As long as these are available, I'm sticking with them. I'm very satisfied.

Comments: I play tennis 5 days a week, so shoe selection has always been very important. In the past I have mostly played with Prince, most recently the T-22s. I have also worn Barricades and BigShots. The Lotto Raptor Ultra 4 Speed is the best shoe I have ever played in. They offer a combination of stability and cushioning unmatched. I wear the same size (9) in the Lotto's that I wore in the others I mentioned. The Lotto shoes fit a little more snug than the others. Virtually no break in required. Try these shoes, you will love them!

Comments: I regularly rotate between the adidas Barricade and Asics Gel Resolution series; largely depending upon fit and sale price. The Lotto Raptors are a nice addition to compare to this mix. As long as they stay below the 'retail price' of the competition, these are my new shoes! However, if it's equal in price, these won't make the top of my list. Overall, the Raptors are a quality shoe that is comfortable, durable and stable. All the elements you want in a competition focused tennis shoe. I had to return and order a second pair in a 1/2 size larger (size 10 instead of 9.5). I found they ran a little small. Keep up the good quality and price Lotto and you'll find a solid fan base of this shoe!

Comments: Wow! These are awesome. The best shoes I've ever worn. Faster than the lightweight adidas models. More stable that the Barricades. More support than anything from Nike. They fit my foot perfect. The shoe isn't a mid rise but seems just a little higher than many others. Just right to give great stability but not enough to feel clunky. I wore a 9 1/2 adidas and these size the same. I'm a medium arch/medium width 5'10 190lb 3.5-4.0 rating, serve and volley John McEnroe wannabe. Unless you have wide feet or you're being paid to play in something else, these are a shoe you really should try. I can't wait for them to go on sale so I can grab several more pairs.

Comments: I just got a new pair of Ultra Raptor IVs, my first Lotto shoe in a long long time. After a little bit of breaking in at home, I have put in the first three hours of court time, synthetic and cement. This shoe rocks! Quick off the edges, good support and comfortable. Wears true to its size (a novelty for me coming from the Barricades and Breathe Zooms 2k11 and 2k12. And fits a wider foot at the front (like mine). So far, I love them.
From: Stefano, 7/13

Comments: I think this is one of the best tennis shoes ever made. if you are like me, and addidas and nike do not fit, you must try these. amazing.
From: Bob, 7/13

Comments: The best tennis shoe ever made. It is no wonder that David Ferrer, who covers more court than any other player on the planet, chooses these shoes as his "tires." Comfort, stability, speed and durability like I've never witnessed. I have wasted countless of hundreds if not thousands of dollars over the years on shoes that we, as tennis players, have been told to buy. Barricade? A joke. Nike? Only if I get paid as much as Federer to wear them. I used to think that I was looking for a tennis shoe (or any shoe for that matter) that I didn't notice I had on my feet. These shoes go beyond that and actually give back so you notice how they are contributing to your movement and eventually, game. I will never wear anything other than Lotto on the court. The best shoe I have ever purchased.

Comments: Finally! These shoes are just about perfect in every way, shape, and form. I have all kinds of foot issues, and these offer great lateral and arch support, are nicely cushioned and supple, but still allow for your feet to feel planted and low to the ground. They find that perfect middle ground between support, comfort and light feel. I only wish they came in a all black option. These put the Barricades to shame, and best the Vapor 9s in terms of comfort and durability.
From: Max, 7/13

Comments: Used to wear Lotto previously and loved the fit but went away from them for a few years. Saw that they had a 6 month warranty and tried them out. There is hard rubber in the area of the arch and at the exact same place on the outside of the shoe that is there to hold the shoe together. Well they felt fine when I wore them around the home, but when I started to use them on the court, the area on the outside of my foot suffered with pain due to the hard rubber that they use to keep the shoes in tact. Don't think I could recommend these shoes.

Comments: Been a loyal Asics customer for quite a while and will continue to enjoy the fit, support, and weight from the Gel Resolution and Solution Speed lines. However, this Lotto Raptor is my new favorite shoe because of its supreme support and the unique feel of the foot bed. Gives walking and running an almost effortless feel! Only knock is it runs just slightly high around the ankle malleoli for me. Probably will soften up with increased wear. Looks bulky but remains true to size with a slight snug feel consistent with the TW description.
From: Tim, 3/13