Head Liquidmetal 4 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: This racquet gave me Tennis Elbow. I can only speak from my own experience but this racquet strung with a soft co-poly at a lower tension will absutely give you serious tennis elbow problems. it did it to me within a couple of weeks. And my wife within two days. It is a shame because I liked how the racquet played and it gives no sign it is hurting your arm wbile you are using it.
From: Gary, 8/14

Comments: This racquet was OK. However, I developed terrible tennis elbow with it. I thought it was just me, but I gave the set I had to my high school son and he also developed elbow issues with this racquet. I started playing with the ProKennex Ki5 and my elbow problems were gone the first time out!
From: Roddy, 3/14

Comments: I've played with this racquet for several years after stepping up from the Head Liquidmetal 8. This racquet feels very balanced and I don't hurt, even after two hour matches. This racquet seems to compensate for my deficits as a player. As such, I really enjoy using it and plan to order a couple as backups.
From: Deborah, 10/13

Comments: Just bought one on clearance from TW -- really love the all-around game this racquet can give you. I can swing all-out from the baseline, or (my favorite) chip-and-charge at will and will extreme confidence. I'm a 3.5 with a fairly medium swing, but this racquet pulls every positive aspect out of my game. Love it!
From: Craig, 10/13

Comments: I've had this racquet for 2 years, and I absolutely love it. I'm a singles player, and I do a lot of baseline hitting. This was perfect. Very comfortable, natural feel. Great power, but also has a lot of control. I definitely would recommend it.
From: Kelly, 6/13

Comments: I tried out this racquet at school, and it was great. I restrung it at 59 lbs with the Tournapro strings and I couldn't have asked for a better racquet. The power and control mix well and I can hit bomb forehands and drop serves in at 100+mph. A great racquet for the price.
From: Dishon, 7/12
String type and tension: Tournapro Big Hitter Silver @ 56 lbs

Comments: I bought this racket from tennis warehouse a little over a month ago and I love it! the strings it came with felt very nice with good feel and excellent bite, but didn't last too long. Unlike the prince triple threat scream, this racquet absorbs the shock of hitting the ball quite nicely and my arm does not hurt at all, even after a lot of playing. I now string it with babolat rpm blast on the mains and head synthetic pps on the cross and am very happy with it. I think it's the perfect racket for improving beginner/ intermediate players. Perfect blend of power and control.

Comments: This is a good racquet for me. It has power, control and feel. I have been using it for over a year and like it better than the radical midplus.
From: Andy, FL, USA, 12/11
String type: Synthetic gut/nylon
NTRP Rating: 3.5+

Comments: This racquet is great overall. It has really improved my volleys and serve. It also absorbs pace surprisingly well. However, my forehand has suffered a bit. I didn't feel the sweet spot is as big as it's advertised to be. With the built-in dampener, I've also lost a bit of feel to my strokes.
From: Jennifer, 10/11
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut at 60 lbs

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet now for two weeks. Before that I had the Head Liquid Metal Fire that I played with for 5 years. What a great racquet! I read about the Head Liquid Metal 4 and decided to order online. I've never played with it before but I took the chance in ordering one. I don't regret this at all! I have a fast swing and the Liquid Metal 4 suits my swing perfectly. I have a big serve and had never come across any racquet that can generate such pace! Now I hit the 100 mph easily. Groundstrokes are deep and powerful, and volleys solid and easy to put away. I restrung it to 58 lbs to give me ultimate power. This racquet is perfect for attacking players and won't let you down. It just take a while to get use to it, but once you get the feel of the racquet, it will take you to another level of play.
From: Altus, 8/11

Comments: I've had this racquet for a year now. I can generate a lot of pace with this stick but it lacks a little control.
From: Ray. 6/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 59lbs

Comments: I have had this racquet for two years, and it continues to feel great. Lots of power, so you need to get a pretty tight string tension, but with that you can play a solid game. I recommend this raquet for beginner/intermediate players, and is a great stepping stone to better play.

Comments: I purchased and started using this racquet in February 2011, and I'm glad I did. The Liquidmetal 4 is a perfect choice for a player with a medium swing who wants an even blend of power and control. The weight of the racquet is not too light or heavy, and serving is spot on as you can generate plenty of pace with great placement. My forehand is the best it's ever been as is my slice backhand. Volleys have good stick on them and decent touch. I've heard players complain that they tend to overhit with it. Remember people, this racquet is designed for a medium swing. I hit more of a flat topspin with a medium swing and it suits my game to a tee. As I approach the 4.0 level, I look forward to handing out many future whoopings with this stick. All in all, the Liquidmetal 4 is a great racquet for 3.0 to 5.0 players, especially aggressive players who want to dictate to their opponents. You can't beat the price either!
From: Eric, PA, USA. 5/11
String type and tension: Prince Duraflex 16 @ 57lbs

Comments: I started with this stick when I returned back to the game almost 7 years ago and am returning to it. After using 'true' players sticks the last 5 years, I thought, "Why am I working this hard to hit a groundstroke like a pro when I can put forth less effort, get the same results and save my energy?" It's a good stick and for playing at the 4.5 - 5.0 level, it can handle most of what opponents throw at it. Don't expect exceptional performance from this stick in all categories of play but be satisfied that it covers most with a lot less effort. Glad to be back home. Ahhhhh......:)
From: Johnny, Coldwater, Mi. 4/11
String type and tension: Polyester/Multi hybrid
NTRP Rating: 4.5+

Comments: Very good racquet. The power it gives is a lot more than expected with a 102 sq in head size. Very good control if you can work out a little of the power this racquet gives. The grip is very smooth. This racquet gives little to no shock and is great for overheads and slices. This would be a great racquet for beginners and intermediate players. I would suggest stringing this racquet at least 60 lbs.
From: Ray, New York, NY, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut 16 @ 59lbs.

Comments: All I want to say about this racquet is that it is good, but if you want to play like a Pro with it you must add weight to the handle. I've added 40 gr on the handle, and put an hybrid set at low tension 50/52. Believe me this racquet rocks, with this customization it plays similar to a Babolat Pure Drive GT + racquet but a bit more flexible, it's excellent on forehands, slice is sweet and feel is like heaven, btw you have to take your time to adapt to it because it has more power than an average player's racquet... I am glad this racquet is still on TW. It is great stick, and the price could not be better!!
From: Luis, Lima, Peru, 01/11
String type and tension: Hybrid, Tourna Poly on the Mains @ 50 lbs, Wilson NXT on the crosses @ 52 lbs

Comments: I've used this racket for quite a few years now. Overall, a really good stick. When I purchased it years back, it was Head's "brand new" technology and cost me 200 bucks. So for the low price it has now, it's unbeatable. It's also why I am looking to purchase another one or two as backup rackets for when I break my strings. I would definitely say, however, this racket is for the above average player. Topspin can be difficult to control at times, but I'm sure part of that is my fault. The last two years, I made the simple switch to a 60 lb tension instead of the 55 lb I was accustomed to playing with. This has helped me control my spins immensely. Power when flattening the ball out is still great. Like I said, really good racket, and can't beat it for the price now.
From: Derek, Lynchburg, VA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut @ 60lbs

Comments: A good beginners racket, too much power with stock strings, and I thought it was too head heavy. It is a power oriented racket, plus length, wide frame, short swing etc.
From: Brandon, NJ, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: 57 synthetic gut

Comments: I like this racquet but it can be very unforgiving (maybe because of Head Heavy) and too stiff at times. I had an elbow pain after playing it for 2 weeks. I hardly hit the ball within the court. I took my time out to demo Pure Drive GT and Wilson Kobra Tour. They are much more enjoyable and well controlled. I feel empty when hitting with this LM4. I don't know if restringing it lower, can reduce my elbow pain. That has forced me to buy Kobra Tour and leave LM4 in my bag (next is Pure Drive!). I'm trying every way to like it, but couldn't. And it becomes my spare racquet now. I try not to blame the racquet, maybe because of my playing technique but I believe I play tennis as usual like other people. Don't take my comments solely, try first before buying. It might be good for others, not me.
From: Amel, Lincoln, NE, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Head Synthetic gut @ 57 lbs

Comments: Now being on varsity I've decided to actually start caring and so I bought this to start with. I've used many racquets before but this one stands out in price and talent. I would suggest this to 3.0 and up. I love the control and spin. This is the racquet to start off with I think.
From: Dakota, Pa. 4/10
NTRP Rating: 3.0/3.5

Comments: Took a chance and bought the LQM 4 a few months ago and absolutely love it. Nice power and control especially for flat hitters. Backhand Slice & Serving is awesome. String it a little tighter and maybe put some weight on it if you're having issues with the lighter frame. It's easy on my elbow and I can take a moderate swing and generate all the power I really need. For the price, I'm not sure you can beat this deal.
From: Jason, Atlanta, GA. 3/10
String type and tension: Toalson Leoina 77 16 @ 60 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I really wanted to love the Liquidmetal 4. When I got the shots right, it was the perfect racquet. Unfortunately, I would only recommend it for more advanced players, not beginners like myself. Why? It can be very unforgiving. Good technique is key to get the magic out of it; something I lack as a 2.5 player. I dumped shot after shot into the net because I was missing the small sweetspot. Instead of a 102 I decided to go with a Babolat 112 and it has worked out a lot better having the bigger sweetspot/more forgiving frame. When my skills improve I might return, but it is doubtful.
From: Scott, Madison, MS, USA. 03/40
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17g/ Exel 16g @ 58lbs

Comments: I have played with this racquet for about a year, 3 times a week. This is one of the best, for the cost, and power. If you are looking for something to grab and run down to your local park, this is perfect. If you're looking for something to use in matches, this is great. The only problem I have with this is the weight. The lightness gives it a TON of power! but not easy to hit a lot of topspin/or pop on serves. I'm going to try a few stings to see if I can counter this.
From: Andrew, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota. 3/10
String type and tension: Wilson Poly Gut @ 57 LBS

Comments: Okay, firstly, this is a great racquet for the price. Only 65 bucks? I have never served better than with this racquet. Topspin on forehand and backhand are good. Power is average. Excellent punching volleys. The feel of a head racquet in general is the best for me. It feels like a "punch" instead of a "pop" like in most other brands, and I like that. Slice is the BEST I have ever seen. Only downside is I can't seem to control it. I can't aim left or right; it's too risky. I often make errors hitting into the net or long. Don't listen to any of head's "technologies." Every single one is a gimmick, except maybe Youtek's d03, but that's out of my budget. Once again, great racquet for the intermediate player on a budget.
From: Derek, Monmouth Beach, NJ. 11/09

Comments: Very nice racquet, good power and control. It is very maneuverable. It's a light frame yet very stable. Give it a try.
From: Anon, WA, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core 57 lbs

Comments:Good racquet, a nice balance of power and control. It's comfortable and easy to play with. With soft strings, it's nice on the arm. It's worth to try it.
From: Anon, WA, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Multifeel or soft strings, 57 lbs

Comments: It took a few weeks to get used to this stick after playing with a Wilson Hammer 6 for many years. I love this racquet! It has great control and my topspin has definitely more bite due to the open string pattern. Very easy to use with great control and with good power. It has improved my groundies as well as my volleys and serve! I will definitely keep it for a while.
From: Hector, Albuquerque, NM, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut, 61 lbs.

Comments: Bought this racquet for starting tournaments and playing high school varsity tennis. As I got it out of the box and held it for the first time it was amazing. I love this racquet, to anyone who is looking for a decent racquet for some pick up play or even tournaments that doesn't cost a pretty penny, this is the racquet for you. I played with a Prince before I got this racquet and now my playing is 10x better than ever. I'm landing more shots and have more control than before.
From: Chris, Pennsylvania, USA. 6/09

Comments: When I got this racquet as a beginner, the power and the feel were perfect. When I started developing form and technique, I quickly realized it had TOO much power and that made me try other racquets. Although other racquets had the right amount of power, no racquet had the same feeling that the LM4 had, which made me return to my LM4. I experimented by adding a little bit of lead tape to the head, and a lot to the handle. The power became controllable, the feel was even better, and the sweet spot was huge!
From: Anon, Westminster, CA, USA. 05/09

Comments: Great racquet. Maybe a bit too powerful at times, but I'm optimistic that stringing it around 60 will help. Otherwise, control and feel are excellent for this price range. I can't believe how easy it is to move the ball around the court. Backhand slice is just wicked with this racquet, probably its strongest attribute. Topspin is good on both FH and BH, serves are solid, and it handles volleys well. Overall a well rounded racquet and tremendous value.
From: Jason, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Head RIP Control

Comments: I'm a high school tennis player. I played with Ti.56 Liquidmetal radical, then the Liquidmetal 8. I just bought the Liquidmetal 4 and I absolutely love it. The best Head racquet for the price! This racquet is amazing for an intermediate + player. I'm a varsity player and will refuse to play without it.
From: DC, Glassboro, NJ, USA. 04/09
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut @ 58 lbs

Comments: I play almost every day. This racquet is simply put, a well rounded stick. It offers fantastic performance on all areas or play, though it does not particularly excel in one. Perhaps it would fit more for the all-court player. I've played 1.5 years with it and it's still decently strong. I'd recommend it. Great price too!
From: JAK, USA, NC. 4/09
String type and tension: BABOLAT PRO HURRICANE 16 @ 54-59LB

Comments: I am a solid 4.5 player and have been playing for 12 years. This racquet has the power I want, the control I need, and the touch most racquets don't have. The price is unbelievable and the softness it has on my elbow and shoulder. I have three of these racquets and have played with them for 5 years now. Great racquet.
From: Cory, Nashville, TN, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Prince Problend 58 pounds

Comments: I am a solid 4.5 player and have played a lot of tennis. Out of all the racquets I have played with in the past. I cannot find another racquet close to this one. It has the power I want, the touch I need, and the control is very nice. I have had this racquet for about 5 years now and I have three of them. The best three investments I could have ever made in my tennis game.
From: Cory RN, Nashville, TN, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Prince Problend 16g at 57 pounds

Comments: I am a college student on a serious budget, and I can't afford to be buying multiple sticks at high prices. I ran across this one when I went back to my high school to hang out with my old friends. One of the new freshmen had it and when she let me try it I immediately fell in love. Strung with my favorite string combo ALU Power 16 on the mains and Prince Synthetic Gut w/Duraflex on the crosses it reminded me of a slightly larger version of that KTour I demoed, but couldn't afford to buy (I like the 102 headsize a bit more than the 95 anyway).
From: Erin. 2/09
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU power 16 @ 56/ Prince Synthetic Gut w/Duraflex @ 58

Comments: Very nice performance for the price. I have three boys who are in tennis so very much on a budget. I demoed a MicoGel Monster 102in and liked it, but wanted to find something for less. Gave this one a try and loved it change out the factory stings and add a little weight and it is a nice weapon. Was able to get nice depth, control and topspin. Very close to the higher priced MGel Monster.
From: Anon, Pflugerville, TX, USA. 2/09

Comments:The LM4 is my first Head racquet with Wilson Nxt strings. Power and control is phenomenal. It felt effortless.The feel of the racquet is very nice and comfortable. The LM4 really helped me master the topspin forehand after years of trying. I hit topspin forehands about 80% of the time. I'm considering my next frame to be the Flexpoint to update my performance. Liquid Metal is the best frame I've had so far. Try it. You wont be disappointed. Trust me.
From: T. Mcgrady, Fairfax, VA Usa. 2/09
String type and tension: Wilson Nxt 55lbs

Comments: This racquet is just great. It offers enough power to put away balls with ease, and has great consistency. However, sometimes the power can be quite unwieldy and the ball sometimes flies on me. There is ample pace and spin on serve, but not as much as say a Babolat Pure Drive. Strung with a poly at mid tension this racquet is a real weapon. Definitely well worth the price.
From: Nikhil, NC, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power at 55 lbs.

Comments:I love my new head liquidmetal racquet. This is my second tennis racquet I had to buy in 15 years. I had a Donnay Cobalt which lasted me this long until it split in half. The liquidmetal is a great racquet because it has improved my backhand tremendously. I am buying a second one.
From: Jeff, Eau Claire, WI. 12/08

Comments: I'm a high school player and I won't play with any other racket except my Liquidmetal 4. It has the exact amount of power I need and has great control. I have been looking for a new racket recently and I just can't find one that is better than this racket. It's my baby and I love it!
From: Kaacee. 12/08

Comments: I demoed several racquet's including Babolat and Prince 03 Speedport Blue. The Babolat hurt my elbow after one day but I loved how it played and the Prince felt incredibly head heavy and somewhat clumsy. So back to the drawing board and I ordered the liquidmetal 4 without a demo. This is an excellent racquet that played like the Babolat minus elbow pain. My game improved immediately...really...and the control was excellent. Powerful, but easy to control power. Great control at the net. Had mine strung at 59. Just ordered my second to keep on hand.
From: Michelle, Pueblo, CO, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16, 59lbs.

Comments: A good racquet no doubt, but the problem seemed to be it's weight and maneuverability, considering longer time playing. Topspin sometimes feels like an impossible thing to do though I'm confused why.
From: Shahriar, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 10/08
String type and tension: Head FiberGel @ 60lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I had to switch to an extreme grip to control the power of this racket and not overhit. I am still trying to get control of the serves and volleys with this racket because of the power.
From: Ed, Orange County, CA. 10/08
String type and tension: Dunlop Max Touch Hybrid 44lbs main, 52 crosses

Comments: Very solid racket for this price. At first it felt a bit unstable against heavy serves. I leaded it up in the head, and now it is a weapon. I have it strung with very a very loose kevlar hybrid. Obviously, to keep the ball in when swinging hard, you have to use a lot of topspin, but this stick is more than capable of that with the open string pattern and the string setup I have.
From: Dennis, Melville, NY, USA, 09/08
String type and tension: Ashway crossfire 17 45 mains/50 crosses

Comments: Totally awesome, my first year of using it and I've been getting a major improvement. The larger sweetspot construction is awesome, it allows your racquet to be easy on your arms and your strokes even if framed.
From: Simon, Salem, Oregon, 07/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 45 lbs

Comments: I have a Liquid Metal 4 mid size racquet. It is the best stick you can buy. I had a Wilson Nano, and that broke 3 weeks after buying it. I decided to buy the Liquid Metal 4 to try, and I love it it has a nice sweet spot. It improves your slice just a great stick.
From: Dolloff, Peru, Maine. 5/08

Comments: I own a Liquidmetal 4 Pro midplus racquet. It is for intermediate players. I liked it around 6 months ago, but now I'm ready for a tour racquet like a Radical. I love the volleys on this racquet. Great pop if you know where you are hitting. Amazing backhand slices. Incredible topspin forehands using a very fast swing style. Overall accuracy is pretty good. Only accuracy problem was with my two-handed backhand topspin. Overhead smashes are a killer with this racquet. If only I had a speed measuring gun because I hit this one smash and the ball zoomed into the court and bounced off into a chair. The result...broken chair. This is for 3.0+ players. Like I said before, I need a tour racquet and this racquet is no good for me now. Don't take full advice in this because I'm only 12 years old right now. But still I'm a 4.0-4.5 player.
From: Jaewon, Waterloo, ON, Canada. 5/08
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut 57lbs
Headsize: 660 squared cm/ 102 squared inches
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: This racquet is one of those racquets that has ample amount of power and control and is the best for the intermediate players who wish to have good control with sufficient power.
From: Prateek, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. 3/08

Comments: I am not really that good in tennis. I was keen before with Wilson, and I if could remember it right, I bought one in 2005. I found it very heavy for me. I decided to shift to Head and I found this LM 4. I actually bought two -- one for me and one for my brother as a present back in the Philippines. It's really great, very light and I can now play better.
From: Mervs, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK. 3/08
String type and tension: 55-60

Comments: This is a great racquet for intermediate players. I am a self-taught high school player. The racquet feels a bit weird at first and takes a while to get used to. The Liquidmetal 4 is pretty light and will hurt your arm if you don't have good technique. The control on this racquet is sufficient if you get it strung around 60 pounds. Power comes naturally, and playing from the baseline is fun. I am a baseliner and only come to the net during doubles. This racquet is decent at the net and is pretty maneuverable at the net, but a little stability would be helpful. I think this racquet lacks feel, and I am switching to a Wilson KSix- One Tour 90. Overall, this is a good option for people looking to improve their game and high school players looking for some power.
From: Amit, North Carolina. 2/08
String type and tension: Head Fibergel Control 16 at 60 pounds
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: This racquet is awesome! I am a college tour player and started using this racquet after high school (use to use Wilson). The power is incredible, so much that I had to tailor my swing style with my extreme western grip. I like the lightness because I have a really fast swing on my forehand, this racquet lets me get all the racquet speed I need. Maybe too much now! Love hitting slice backhands. This shot is so easy, skids off the base line and is real hard to pick up! Tried stringing Liquidmetal 4 tighter and it didn't work for me, the ball just wouldn't stay on the face long enough to get enough topspin. Great control and feel. Lets me rip returns. All in all a great racquet. Recommended to anyone! Don't be afraid to radically change your strings if you don't like your first impression. You just might change your mind!
From: Jordan, Loves Park, IL, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Signum Pro Plasma Hex, 53lbs. and Signum poly pro, 53lbs.

Comments: I am a high school player, and I felt this is the best tweener racquet I've ever played with. I feel Liquidmetals in general are really great, but this one by far is the best. I like the power from the baseline without the loss of control, and it is very topspin friendly. This is a great racquet to buy if you're looking for some power without sacrificing control.
From: John, Bucyrus, OH, USA. 12/07
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX @ 58lbs

Comments: The racquet feels light, but really balanced. I have no control problems with it (I restrung it to 62), and it has nice power. I really like its serve and volleying ability.
From: Anthony, Studio City, CA, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Head Perfect Power, 62 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: This racquet is amazing for any player type. I am an accomplished junior and switched to this racquet after my triad t3 broke on me. This racquet is much better control and power wise, and gives a comfortable feel on all shots. I would deeply recommend this racquet to anyone. I officially switched to Head racquets over Wilson because of the lacking quality of Wilson's racquets.
From: Alex, IL, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut PPS 16 gauge @ 57 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet to replace my Pure Drive 107. It turns out to be really good mix of power and control. For some reason, I find it easier to generate topspin. Backhand slice produces good results. Serves have improved dramatically. The price/performance ratio is much better than other racquets I have owned.
From: Rafa, Philippines. 10/07
String type and tension: Prince Topspin Plus 57-60lbs

Comments: This racquet does everything well. I bought it on a whim as a very affordable backup stick. I find it very enjoyable to play. My other racquets are all heavy, rigid player's models, but the LM 4 holds its own as serious gear. The weight, balance, and large sweetspot of the LM 4 should suit a broad range of players -- it's not surprising that it was chosen by Tennis Magazine as a top pick. Once I changed to my preferred Luxilon ALU strings, it really woke up the racquet's potential. This is a comfortable and easy-to- play racquet that works very well for my game. I bought another one for my wife and she loves it too!
From: Dr. A., San Diego, CA, USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power 16 @ 57 lbs.

Comments: This is a fantastic racquet!! I am more of a serve and volleyer but I play a lot of baseliners and this racquet works great on both. I might string it at 60lbs though because it has a lot of POWER. This racquet does not have a dead spot on it. You can hit pretty much any where on the racquet the sweet spot is that big !!!! I would definitely recommend this racquet.
From: J, TN, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Prince synthetic Gut

Comments: Once I saw the price had dropped I knew I had to buy it. Boy, was it the right thing to do! I've tried the Radical before and loved it, and was about to buy it until I saw this baby. My serve, forehand, backhand, and volleys are new and improved.
From: Matthew, Coshocton, OH, USA, 04/07

Comments: With the current going price, this racquet is a great buy. It responds well from all areas of the court, is a great serving racquet and handles volley and back court shots with punch as well as solid feel. It has about the same stiffness as my Babolat Pure Drive, which I alternate with. The LM4 is a "fun" racquet to play with. I feel a good 17-gauge string makes this racquet more playable especially at a relatively high tension. Head should not discontinue this frame for a long time!
From: Bob, Danville, CA, USA, 02/07
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire XP 17

Comments: I've used this racquet for almost a year now and it has served me well. I was probably a little better than a 2.0 when I got it and now I am approaching the 4.0 level. This is a great racquet for beginner/intermediate players looking to build their game. As of recently however, I have adopted a very large semi-western forehand from watching some Roger Federer tapes, and I don't feel this racquet can keep up. It is very light in weight and it feels like the racquet is too easily pushed around. I noticed today that it is very unstable hitting hard volleys. To me, the racquet feels kind of clunky nowadays, and I am looking for a more control oriented one. But overall this racquet is great for players with some experience who are looking to improve their game.
From: Parker, Mansfield Center, CT, USA, 02/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 @ 60 lbs

Comments: Only tried the LM 4 once as I really enjoyed the Radical liquidmetal but it was too heavy for my injured wrist. I thought it was excessively powerful and I could not control the depth of my groundstrokes well. I hope there are other racquets in the same range of weight with better control out there.
From: Fausto, Italy, 01/07

Comments: I have only been playing Tennis for the past 6 months after a 25-year break, after trying Wilson Triad T3 which was too powerful for me, I bought this tweener racquet after reading the reviews here. This racquet has definitely improved my first serves and control on my forehand shots. I would recommend this racquet to any 3.0 player who needs more control than power.
From: Balaji, Frankfort, KY, USA, 12/06
String type and tension: Prince SGD 16 @ 57lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: Been playing with this racquet for about a year and am a big fan of it. I have a big flat forehand and this racquet really lets me unload. String it tight and you will love it. I also really enjoy hitting serves with the lm4. Plenty of kick and power to rip one up the middle.
From: Paul, IL, USA, 12/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour at 60 pounds

Comments: Recently purchased the LM4 based on player reviews and the TW review. I have not been disappointed. Recently came back to the game of tennis after 10+ years of playing very rarely. Moved from old Prince 90 Graphite Comp to the LM4. Was looking for a lighter racquet with a bit more zip -- the LM4 does the job. My aching shoulder seems to have gone by the way side as well. Agree with other posters, that a little more tension in the strings will provide a bit more control for the power of this racquet. Top spin on both wings seems to be natural and more aggressive than with my previous racquet. One- handed backhand slice has never been a strong shot for me, but the LM4 seems to make this shot effortless -- with lots of spin and bite. I will be adding another one of these racquets to my bag!
From: Ben, Chicago, IL, USA. 10/06
String type and tension: Head Syn Gut @ 57 lbs

Comments: I bought a Flexpoint 4 about 6 months ago and made various adjustments (lead weight, strings) to it without a lot of success. After reading all the reviews about the Liquidmetal being similar but better I tried it. Usually I demo a racquet for 2-3 weeks before buying it. Within a week of playing with it I knew it would work so I bought two Liquidmetals for the price of one Flexpoint and have been loving it. I've been playing with it for over a couple of months and really am glad I made the switch. I'm still trying to figure out my serves with it but my service returns, volleys, and overheads are pretty solid and consistent. Nice racquet for a great price!
From: Susan, Seattle, WA, USA. 10/06

Comments: I play a lot of golf. I can switch clubs and my score rarely changes -- I don't see much difference. I figured tennis racquets were similar. I have to say, I am 36 and I just bought the LM 4 racquet and I am serving the best I've ever served in my life. I have more control than I've ever had. I am able to hit a first serve for my second serve because it's that consistent now. I am SOLD on this racquet.
From: Sean, East Grand Rapids, MI, USA. 10/06

Comments: I like the Liquid Metal 4 very much. It has good power, a little more than the low-medium rating. Raising the string tension helps with more control and less power. This racquet does not get as much pop as I would have hoped for on the topspin hits but generating spin with this racquet is not very hard. Backhand slices are very nice. The racquet is very comfortable and vibrations are unnoticeable. The almost even balance helps at the net and the power helps put volleys deep. The performance during service surprised me as my serve was a lot faster than my older racquet. A great racquet overall. I'm going to buy a second one.
From: Kang, Michigan, USA. 9/06
String type and tension: Head Power @ 60 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet, and I think for me this is it!! My volley, service, forehand and slice are awesome now. In the past I've played with a Slazenger, and that was a very good racquet, but now I can say that Liquidmetal 4 is better! I've ordered a second because I must have two.
From: Jakub, Góra, Dolny slask, Poland 07/06
String type and tension: Polyplasma 24/22 kg

Comments: Upgraded to Liquid Metal 4 from Liquid Metal 8. I can hit through balls without going out. Lots of spin with the Luxilon strings and ball stays in court with great control. Backhand slice improved but backhand topspin is not as good. More spin and control on Serve and can dictate play. Strongly recommended.
From: Leon, Houston, TX, USA 07/06
String Type and Tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Rough 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet is pretty nice. I hit a hard forehand with a lot of topspin. The bad thing about this that sometimes it doesn't give good topspin. It also hits a pretty good backhand. My serve has also improved too. It has given it me more bite and spin.
From: Steven Mayborg, Lexington, Kentucky, USA 06/06
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut 16
Headsize: 102in

Comments: I just got this racket and I can already see the improvement on my forehand. My serve is getting a lot more pop and my backhand is not going out of the court and there is no vibration. The only dislike is that it was hard to create spin on my backhand and forehand slice. 8.5 stars out of 10.
From: Zack 06/06
String type and tension: Head synthetic gut 16
Headsize:102 sq. in.
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: This racquet is terrific for the serve, my serve improved very high and I can control little better. Top spin is awesome with this racquet, only problem I'm having with this is my one handed backhand, this racquet is not really my taste for groundstrokes. Other than that, it's perfect.
From: Jae-Won Jang, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States 05/06
Headsize: 102 sq inch

Comments: The Liquidmetal 4 is a terrific racquet. I have played with mainly a head titanium but decided to upgrade to the Liquidmetal series. The racquet has a perfect amount of control with no sacrifice of power. I've demoed a Wilson N4 but found it to be too light with not much control. This is a perfect tweener in all aspects.
From: Dave, U.S. 04/06 String type and tension: Perfect Power 57 Lbs. Headsize: 102"

Comments: This racquet brought me from exhibition matches to first doubles and my serve speed went way up and is more consistent now. My forehand is comfortable and the volley could be better but other than that this is probably the best racquet I've used since I've started playing tennis.
From: Josh, NY 04/06

Comments: This racquet is amazing! It has a decent sweetspot size and a lot of pop. The power is just about right for me but advanced players might think it's too powerful. The racquet is a little hard to maneuver at net but all my volleys are solid, and I can generate a lot of topspin with this racquet. Slices are harder to keep in and deep but overall this racquet is great for any intermediate-advanced player.
From: Bryan
Illinois 3/10/06
String type and tension: Wilson stamina 17

Comments: I have had this racquet now for about a year and a half and can't seem to get enough of it. The wider string pattern helps to grip the ball and provide a lot of extra spin especially on slice backhands and serves. My swing is very fast, so I have found it useful to weigh the racquet down a bit with a few strips of lead tape. I also try to keep the string tension tight so as to minimize any loss of control. Now my serve is consistently up in the 90-95 mph range without much effort.
From: Greg
New York, USA 10/17
String type and tension: Tecnifibre 17, 62 lbs

Comments: I love this racquet. It's heavy but for my type of playing it's great. My friends say that I should get a racquet with more control. I agree with them but I still love my Liquidmetal 4!
From: Mackenzie, Bedford, NH, USA. 10/05

Comments: A very nice racquet. If you want more control string it at 60lbs plus. The mid recommended tension gives you a lot of power at the expense of control. Overall, it's a very nice racquet.
From: Mike, PA, USA. 7/05
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 @ 59lbs.

Comments: I recently bought the Liquidmetal 4 and I must say it's a racquet with a lot of power, regardless of the string tension and type. It's easy to overshoot with this racquet, control is key. Pretty maneuverable at the net, strong at the baseline. Good racquet, looking into something with less power, such as an instinct.
From: Joe, Pinckney, MI, USA. 7/05
String type: Prince Lightning XX 17

Comments: I recently bought the Liquidmetal 4 and I must say it's a racquet with a lot of power, regardless of the string tension and type. It's easy to overshoot with this racquet, control is key. The racquet is pretty maneuverable at the net, strong at the baseline. Good racquet overall, but I'm looking into something with less power, such as an Instinct.
From: Joe, Pinckney MI 08/05
String type and tension: Prince Lightning xx 17

Comments: I tried 4 racquets this last week: The Head Liquidmetal Instinct, Head Liquidmetal 4, Prince Shark Midplus and the Prince Shark Oversize. Please see each racquet for their respective report. My current racquet for reference is the Original Pro Staff 85 strung at 70lbs, which is an excellent feel and control racquet, but does not have much power. My first impression of the Head Liquidmetal 4, was that the swing weight and balance were perfect. The Head Liquidmetal 4 has very good power and very good control. I can see why people like this racquet. But as with the Head Liquidmetal Instinct, I found it impossible to generate spin with this racquet because of the string pattern. This racquet also is very dampened, even more so than the Head Liquidmetal Instinct, because it has a dampening device on the strings. I did not like this at all. Sometimes when I hit the ball, the strings made a weird sound. I really like to feel the shot, but with this racquet there is no shot feel at all. I think this is what people call comfortable, but to me if you don't feel the shot you might as well use a remote control to swing the racquet for you. I think this is where most racquets are headed as they dampen them even more. Nevertheless, I thought I might buy this racquet because of its excellent power, control and balance, until I tried the Prince Shark racquets.
From: Kirk, Orlando, FL, USA. 4/05
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut 16 @ 55lbs.

Comments: I'm a 3.5 level player. Before switching to LM4 I was using an ancient Head Genesis 660 which I loved so much and was looking for a comparable replacement. The staff at tennis-warehouse recommended LM4 and so I demoed one. I loved the racquet and went ahead and bought LM4 right away. I've had it for almost 6 months now and my game has really improved. The racquet has great feel, lots of power and very easy on the arm. Since it's so powerful it's a bit difficult to control so you may have to string at a higher tension. I recently got it re-strung with Head RIP control 17 and the combination is just totally amazing. I have even more power with good control now. In all this is a truly wonderful racquet.
From: Pam, Madison, WI, USA. 1/05
String type and tension: Head RIP control 17 @58 lbs.
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I did use the Babolat Pure Drive, but I wanted to try one of the Liquid Metal Racquets. So I tried the Liquid Metal 4 out in Vermont. I loved it; it had a little more power but the same control level. My serve speed increased and I could get a faster swing for volleys.
From: Alex Cooper, Paget, Bermuda. 11/04
String type and tension: Prince Lighting @ 60lbs.
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: If you're looking for power, then get the Liquid Metal 4. When I switched to it, I was amazed with the massive power I was getting on my serves. My serves literally went from 50mph to 80 with this racquet. The groundstrokes are also massively powerful. Volleys are decent. However, with all this power, you sacrifice a little control. If you can add control to this racquet, it will probably work for you.
From: Jay, NJ, USA. 10/04

Comments: I bought this racquet looking for a step up in power from my Wilson Torch 95. I found it not only to have more power but incredible feel for a racquet geared for power. My serve has noticeably improved. I am a 3.5 player and find this racquet very suitable for a player of my level. This racquet deserves the award from Tennis Magazine.
From: Colin, Federal Way, WA, USA. 09/04

Comments:I tested the Liquidmetal 8 and the several other Head racquets as well as Wilson and other brands. The LM 4 is very different from the rest of the LM line. It is AMAZING. It has the right combination of weight and accuracy, something I didn't find in the LM 8. Test this racquet and you will not be sorry.
From: Michelle, PA, USA. 9/04
String type and tension: Max tension, 62lbs
Headsize: Midplus

Comments: I bought this racquet about a month ago to replace an old Head Ti. Heat. Initial string tension was 55lbs. First feeling was quite good but after playing some games it became clear that I was getting too much power and not enough control. After reading some customer feedback I decided to increase string tension to 62lbs and to use Head FiberGel string. Now this combination is great. I still have a lot of power but coupled with a perfect control. My level has significantly improved over the past games particularly in foregrounds and serves which are a real pleasure to handle. On top of that this racquet makes a great sound when you hit the ball well. Overall this racquet is really very good with this combination of string and tension. The more I play with it the more I love it!
From: Jerome, France. 9/04
String type and tension: Head FiberGel @ 62lbs.

Comments: After a year of playing with Wilson ProStaff Originals and Tours my old tennis elbow came back with a vengeance; primarily through a less than perfect technique rather than the racquets used. Having liked the look of the LM 4 I demoed one. At first I didn't like the plastic like feel of the racquet. It was too light and didn't give good feedback when playing. Groundstrokes hit hard on the forehand went long all the time. However, I decided to give the LM 4 another go. All the reviews and all you guys can't all be wrong I thought. So I spent an afternoon playing. The racquet is easy to swing on my serve without tiring my arm. Attacking flat forehands are a pleasure to play as well as locking into a topspin second serve with an inside out forehand from the ad court. I also win cheap points from my serve. Moral of the story is (I suppose this applies to any racquet) you have got to give your game a chance to adapt to the new racquet. It's like having to learn to play again.
From: Karl, Leicester, UK. 9/04

Comments: Great racquet. This is a very smooth and easy stick to handle. It's true what Head says when they refer to it as a perfect mix of power and control. However, if strung too low the power will be far too great when attempting the hard game winning shot. I tried the LM 2 and it was a nice racquet but I wasn't sold on the extreme lightweight. If you're looking for a piece to improve with and last through the intermediate to low advanced stage this is the one to purchase. If you intend on moving up and playing with better guys the LM 2 is just too light and tends to flex on hard serves and volleys. On the last note with regard to weight you will find in the not too heavy, but not too light category which fits most players and allows them to play for hours. Overall, would highly recommend to anybody because it forces young players to develop good hitting habits and continues them with veteran players.
From: William, Detroit, Michigan, USA. 08/04
String type: Head Control Strings
Headsize: 102"

Comments:I just finished playing with this racquet for the first time, after playing with the HEAD Ti S2 for 3yrs. First, it's a heavier swinging racquet which gives good stability on impact. The power was a little more than I'm used to. I was hitting balls deep in the baseline. Generating topspin with quick fast strokes was easy, and you need to, to keep the ball from sailing. Backhand slice was a breeze with this racquet. Bottom line (compared to Ti S2): More power, easy to topspin, dampened feel. Should string it more than 59lbs.
From: Nathan, Arcadia, CA, USA. 8/04
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut 16 @ 58lbs.

Head Liquidmetal 4 Racquets - Where to go from here

Cheap Sale Tennis Racquets
Even Balance Tennis Racquets
Extended Length Tweener Tennis Racquets
Head LiquidMetal
Integrated String Dampener (ISD)
Total Sweetspot Construction