Liberty Synthetic Gut 16 White Customer feedback

Comments: Why does this string have to be so durable? The strings move within three hits and then wear a notch into the crosses. After that it takes forever to get them back into place. The drop in tension fast and then they play terrible. The only plus is the price, but overall I'd say that I would not buy this again even with the enticing price.
From: Jonathan, 8/12

Comments: The string Ashaway Liberty 16 gets the job done. They're good quality nylon string, crosses and mains at full tension.
From: Randy, Sacramento, CA , USA. 6/10

Comments: I used to play on the team at college level several years back. At first I was playing mainly with a Yonex Super RD Tour 90 (Wilson 6.0 85 Classic for fun) and would break strings every 2 weeks on average. I've tried several different syn guts from 15g-18g. Of the ones I remember using, I've tried Wilson Sensation, Sensation Ice, Gamma TNT, Gamma Ruff, Gosen OG Sheep Micro along with the JC version, Prince Syn Gut, Duraflex, one of the better strings from Alpha, Head Comp Pro, and Ashaway Liberty 16. There were a few more but the rest I don't remember the names of. Quite honestly I didn't think there was too much of a difference in the way the strings played. Some played a little livelier or softer but would still break way too fast to pay so much $$ for, others would feel dead, stiff, or harsh, and some just in between. They were all pretty similar to me, not enough to justify the price difference, and only when stepping up to something like a good Multifilament such as NRG2 did I find any real improvement. Among the Mono Syn Guts the one I liked the best was surprisingly Liberty 16. It has a soft, dampened, comfortable feel, but not at all dead or stiff like some syn guts can be. If you like your strings harder feeling and very bouncy/pingy try something else like Gosen OG Sheep JC. Liberty 16 was mainly used in a pair of Fischer Pro Number 1 rackets which is what I played most of College with. I originally bought packs of this string for stringing practice but ended up liking it more than the other syn guts! lol. Forten Sweet 16 is also another syn guy that I like very much. It plays more lively than Liberty 16.
From: Ray, SoCal, CA 03/10

Comments:This is an excellent string for crosses when I use Ashaway Kevlar in the mains. It softens the kevlar and makes the entire string bed comfortable. I use this string with Forten Nylon 16 interchangeably based on the color I want in the crosses. I have used this string in the crosses for over 10 years and I never had problem with it.
From: Lee, Knoxville, TN, USA 02/10

Comments: The only thing this string is good for, is to learning how to string a racket. I swear to you from day one this is the worst string I have ever played. I have the luxury of being able to put fresh strings in my racket every day, and I would still yet not play these dirt cheap strings. It is not as simple a matter as changing the tension to your liking. As a racket technician I have tried Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex, Prince Premier, Lightning, Tournament Poly, Head Pps, Sonic Pro, Gamma Esp, Luxilon Alu Power, and Gosen Og Sheep Micro..etc. Ashaway Liberty felt like I was playing with a fishing scoop net. I took swings at a ball expecting it to bite, spin, and jump over the net as usual. OR AT LEAST RESPOND, I got no response out of these strings whatsoever. Instead, the ball would hit my strings and fall to the net as if I barely had hit the ball at all. If you like to hit with any precision whatsoever, I recommend absolutely anything over plain nylon, which is what this is.
From: clayton, honolulu, hi, usa. 2/09

Comments: Strung my Babolat Aeropro drive cortex w/these at 58/56 and it broke on me that night within 3 hours of having it strung. I'm a heavy top-spinning 4.5 player and these strings looked really cool (in the lime green color) but the durability was awful.
From: Julian, Houston, TX, USA, 09/08

Comments: This string is least durable string I've ever played with. I hit with it for about 2 and a half hours using my Head Microgel Extreme Pro at 58lbs tension, and the strings snapped by the end of my 3rd set. Too much movement of the strings. Not recommended to higher level players.
From: Gabriel, Minneapolis, MN. 7/08

Comments: I'm a heavy topspinning 4.0 player and until recently these were my strings of choice. The price can't be beat. For me the feel and power were excellent, giving me much better topspin control than many uber-expensive strings. However, longevity was a big problem for me. I could play almost exactly 6 sets and expect the strings to break on me. At least I could count on the regularity! But, re-stringing these proved expensive even though the strings are cheap. I just moved over to Ashaway's Crossfire II and am completely sold on those. More expensive, but it makes up for it in durability big time, as well as improving on spin, power, and feel (for me). I bid these farewell, but I enjoyed them while I played with them.
From: Sid, Mountain View, CA, USA. 7/08

Comments: Not for me, but I hate synthetic gut in general. It gave me no control and power that I need and didn't match what I had with my last strings. It felt too bouncy and moved around too much.

Comments: I've bought this string from T-W for many years; needless to say, I'm very satisfied with it. I'm a USTA 4.0 NTRP player who plays 2-3 times a week throughout the year. I hit hard with very little natural spin. This string gives me the strength, resilience, and longevity I need, and the price can't be beat; I also get a little more feel from this string than I used to get with other 16 gauge strings I tried (granted, it has been a long time since I've used any other brand string!). I usually buy ten at a time, and keep them in a cool, dry place to make them last longer (I change my strings 2-3 times a year). IMHO, this string is a "best bet" for the average club player.
From: Steve, Frankfort, KY, USA, 02/08

Comments: I tried this string on the recommendation of others on here. Strung it in my Head Flexpoint Radical MP at 56lb. and absolutely hated it. Hit with it for about 15 min. and it moves all over the place. I have the exact same stick strung with PSG 17 at 56lb. and the PSG is a far superior string. This string moves too much and the spin in not nearly as good as with other Syn. gut. Even for the low price I would not by this string again.
From: Brian, Littleton, CO, USA. 4/07

Comments: Man after reading this comments, I got to give this string a try. This string is so far the best synthetic gut string I ever used. It is quite durable, and it barely moves around so I don't have to fix it every so often. I've been using this strings for 1 month now and still going.
From: Paul Nguyen, Westminster, CA, USA, 01/07

Comments: I tried it today in an old-school frame and it is simply amazing. Ultra-low price, great control, great spin, above-average power, and has outstanding feel. What really got me was the touch on drop-volleys and slice backhands that I was able to achieve. Oh, and it hasn't dropped a single pound of tension in several hours of play. Very good tension maintenance. I just don't get it; this string should cost at least 2 or 3 times its current price. This has to be one of the best bargains out there. Is it the absolute best string on the planet? Probably not. But if you want a good, solid, all-around string that does just about EVERYTHING well, then you really don't need to look anywhere else. Strung at 52 lb. in a Yonex R-22.
From: Tony, USA. 10/06

Comments: For less than $2 a pack I had to give this string a try. I string up three frames at a time and have different strings in all three for comparison purposes. I had low expectations for this string and have been amazed in every catagory. These strings play as well as any synthetic. They are plendy durable. I have played them for two months and have been playing mostly with this frame the last month thinking they would break. I'm cutting them out tomorrow to string with gut. Who knows how long they would last. They come in multiple colors, so, if you can play well enough with synthetic, these strings are as good as any, very durable and look good in black and $1.89.
From: John, Sudden Valley , WA 1/21/06
Dunlop 200g xl at 61lbs.

Comments: This string feels just as good as Prince or Head synthetic gut. It does not last that long though. If you string your own rackets it would be worth it but if you pay people to string your rackets then try something else.
From: Fred, Little Washington, Pennsylvania, USA 07/05

Comments: Great string at an even better price. I have had problems with my elbow the last couple of months when I was using Prince Synthetic Gut with Duraflex and Babolat Super Fine Play. This string is more durable than superfine play and about the same as prince synthetic gut, but at a quarter of the price. I have used Ashaway Synthetic Gut also and this string plays almost the exact same maybe even a little better.
From: Matt, Eden Prairie, MN, USA. 06/04