Toalson Leoina 66 15L 660' String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I've been pleased with this string. Tension retention is important for my heavy lefty spin & power. Has good pop, decent feel and control. I don't think this string is suited for players seeking max feel. This string is a good all around performer with great ball grabbing abilities.
From: Lee, 4/13

Comments: This string is completely overlooked in fact most people have never even heard of it. I've used it since the 80's and tried all sorts of varieties over the years. Currently using Prince poly/ synthetic blend and liking the change but I keep a spool of Leoina 66 (58 lbs) because it has great feel, spin, control, overall playability and unmatched durability. Best kept secret in my bag.
From: Dave, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 03/11

Comments: This is the first time I've tried this string & I think this string is the BEST Value string on the market (I've avoided it because I thought it was cheap). For the price it's great, comfortable, very good spin, nice feel. I've tried many strings over the years-Blue Star, Gosen OG, Yonex, Prince Syn, Forten Nylon, Isospeed Baseline Spin, Ashaway Monogut, Wilson Enduro, Head Rip, Dunlop Max Comfort, Forten Gear, Topspin Cyber, etc. I strung up an old Wilson Pro Aggressor with Leoina 66 @ 55lbs (hit a few sessions) & hit with a fellow's Prince Racquet with a full bed of Babolat Pro Hurricane in comparison. More spin with the Pro Hurricane- but not that much more (PH) & a huge difference in comfort (66) (to be expected) but the cost difference (66)- huge. I'll be ordering more.
From: Chris, Alberta, Canada, 09/10

Comments: Decent string, doesn't lose too much tension, lots of feel, but breaks even before you reach the second week. Stay away if you spin lots.
From: Harold, Singapore. 7/10

Comments: Wow, nice. I'm impressed. Very comfortable, long dwelling time, tons of feel; yet also has nice 'pop'. I strung it kinda low @ 54 lbs. Felt a little looser than other strings at this tension since it has a bit of that 'stretchy' quality to it. I am not sure how well this would perform against hard hitters; but at a moderately paced game, it performed very well. A really nice feeling when you strike the ball.
From: Nori, Flushing, NY 03/10

Comments: I use midsize racquets and I agree with most of the people here. This string has above average durability and has a nice crisp feel. I have no complaint about playability at all. If you're on a budget, this is the string you need.
From: Albert, Montreal, QC, Canada, 10/09

Comments: I have been playing tennis for almost 20 years and I have tried most of the high end synthetic strings (ie-Tecnifibre NRG/BIPHASE/MULTIFEEL, Wilson-NXT, Gamma-TNT). While these strings offer excellent playability the down side is limited durability. The Leonia 66 offers a nice feel, good spin and good control. For the money this string is a steal! There is slightly less playability which is alright as it's made up with some good durability. I am also going try the 16 gauge version.
From: Ken, Brooklyn, NY, USA, 10/09

Comments: Best string I have ever used and I have played 40 years (played at college and got lucky and won some tournaments). Great price...you should try this.
From: Dave, Valparaiso, IN, USA, 05/09

Comments: This is an amazing string! My friend strings racquets and highly recommended these strings, so I decided to give them a try! They create a tremendous amount of topspin, and there is an amazing amount of bite and feeling for a string that is a 15 gauge. Pros: feeling, spin is easily accessible, extremely durable. cons: so far I haven't even found one!
From: Chad, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. 7/08

Comments: Good basic string. Nothing fancy, but does what it is supposed to do. All around a good cheap string.
From: Bob, Charlotte, NC. 7/08

Comments: This string is probably one of the best secrets of tennis. I was considering getting the usual Prince Syn Gut/Duraflex 18 gauge but I got this because it was cheaper. I was not disappointed at all. It's not exactly crisp or soft, though; it's just a solid string. A big plus is that the strings hardly move, which has always been a problem for me. It's my main string now.
From: Pete S., Los Angeles CA, USA. 7/08

Comments: Being a clay court player all my life since I started back in home country on red clay and now on American clay, I can only mention that the string that has lasted for me the 15L Leoina. At the club (Orlando Tennis Center), I'm considered the player with the heaviest topspin on my forehand. Leoina brings you an excellent bite, and I especially recommend it to make a hybrid with the Original Big Banger for great power. Unsurpassed combo so far.
From: Felipe, Orlando, Fla., USA. 11/07

Comments:Wow! Without a question Toalson/Leoina is a steal. You can buy this for much less than most other string and it is far more superior. I string both tennis and racquetball racquets for others and have experimented with just about everything including some of the most expensive strings made by the most reputable companies. Still, Leoina is the best and continues to amaze my customers that try this for the first time. I would also like to add that this string maintains an incredible amount of elasticity and playability for months of use.
From: Scott, Charleston, SC, USA, 07/07

Comments: Have been playing with this 17-gauge string for over 20 years. It is the only one that can take a beating and keep on stroking. I had better get a stash since I had a great deal of difficulty finding it this time. I have tried almost all the other strings. Leonia is my choice by far for durability, playability and ease on the elbow and arms.
From: Gordon, Miami, FL, USA. 5/07

Comments: Been my string of choice for 20+ years! Great playing string fresh and plays well through the life of the string. Great for junior and High School players on limited budgets looking great value.
From: Jeff, Jackson, TN, USA, 03/07

Comments: Feels like a good 16 or decent 17 synthetic gut. Maintains playability throughout life and tension drop is low. It will break eventually, but there's a heck of a whole lot of string to notch through. Jim Courier synthetic gut is probably a hair better for big hitting performance, and both seem to outperform the other nylons. Stretches less than most synthetic guts (a tiny bit more than rip control or nrg2) so it's easy with a drop weight machine. For the price, this screams value. The least you can do is try it to say you did. If you try this string there's a good chance you'll switch for good. If money and performance are equal factors, forget Gosen ProForm, forget Luxilon Big Banger, forget Gosen OG Micro, forget Prince Original Synthetic. Hands down, this is your string.
From: Anon, Victoria, BC, Canada 09/06

Comments: Most durable string I've ever played with. Doesn't seem to lose tension and will play great months.
From: Keith, Troy, Alabama, USA 06/06