Toalson Leoina 77 (1.30) 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: Used to need the durability of 66 in my old Yamaha Bronze 90s. 66 is relatively soft and helps with spin generation. It took too long to break 66 in my Yonex RDS 001 mids so I switched to 77 which breaks right about the time performance starts to drop off. 77 has better feel than 66 in addition to the good qualities of 66. I recently tried Babolat Xcel and Gamma Live Wire. Both soft strings with a lot of feel. I can't say that they provide a much bigger performance advantage over 77 though. 77 usually lasts a month to a month and a half for me, and the performance seems pretty consistent right up until it breaks. Yes, the high end strings are impressive, but 77 isn't far behind. Add in the the price and durability advantage of 66 and 77, and I will keep buying them.

Comments: I have been playing for over 20 years and have tried most of the high end synthetic strings, for example Tecnifibre, Gamma, Wilson and Natural Gut. If you are a frequent string breaker, the high end strings are not cost effective. Toalson makes good strings that offer good value and playability. Leiona 66 is more durable than the 77, however the playability is better with the 77. I now use use 66 and 77 exclusively and stay away from the expensive strings.
From: Ken, Brooklyn, NY, USA, 10/10

Comments: Very slightly nicer feel than Leoina 66, but that doesn't make up for the loss in durability. Good string, but not legendary. I didn't have any stringing problems. I find coiling is less of a problem with the Leoina’s than most synthetic guts because they're very soft. Buying in a reel would probably help that, but too bad they aren't much of a savings. Has a textured surface as does 66.
From: Anon, Victoria, BC, Canada 09/06

Comments:Horrible String. I put it on one of my Prince Equipes and it broke overnight. The other time I put it on another equipe and it broke while stringing. First time string broke on me while stringing. Also it gets tangled up easily and seems rough while doing crosses. Don't think it's worth the saved 80 cents.
From: Frank