Comments: Recently became a K Swiss fan and decided to try the KSwiss Ultrascendor women's shoes since I was so happy with the Defier. It's sad when you find something good and think you can do better, but the Defier is the best for me. I gave away a new pair of Barricades because they hurt my knees within a week and I'm feeling some problems with the Ultrascendors. The Defier pair has lasted a very long time and I only decided to change them up because I was feeling the game in my rump. When I feel that I know the shoe is breaking down even if the tread is fairly good. Thinking I am going to have to bite the bullet and send away for the Defier again. It is the best tennis shoe I have ever bought. I play 5-7 times a week.
From: Mickey, 10/13

Comments: These are the best shoes. They are very comfortable. I'm on my second pair. I bought 1/2 size smaller than normal.
From: Stacey, 10/12

Comments: I would agree with most of the other comments that these shoes are the most comfortable I have worn and I buy several pair at a time. BUT I have noticed with the past three pairs that the cushioning and support are just not lasting as long. I have always worn 8 1/2's but find my toes being jammed into the ends of the shoes and now have "tennis toes" on both feet. I recently tried another pair of K-Swiss, the Glaciator and my toes are not jammed in these at all, however they don't seem to have the support that I need playing 5 days a week, 3 to 4 hours per day at 4.0 I have developed some bad knee issues lately as well and am wondering if it is the K-Swiss defier shoes...sad!!! I don't know which shoe to try now, does any one else find "tennis court shoe shopping" as difficult?
From: Cheryl, 3/12

Comments: This is my second pair. Bought the first one back in 2010 and they lasted almost two summer seasons, but I did switch them out with my other pair (Yonex). I am a 4.0 going on 4.5, play about 2-3 times a week; mostly singles. I have extremely flat feet with surgeries on both feet. These shoes are comfortable and really cushy.
From: Kristina, 3/12

Comments: I have had good luck with KSwiss in the past, but the leather quality of this shoe seems to really have waned. I had to return because the tongue was digging into my foot. Despite the packaging causing this 'bend' in the tongue, had the material been softer and more pliable (that goes for the entire shoe), it would have returned to its intended shape. Bummer, because I really wanted this shoe to work!
From: Catherine, 12/11

Comments: GREAT SHOE, try men's if you need a wider shoe. I have tried most of the K-Swiss shoes and I love this model the best. So comfortable out of the box. I take out the liner and use my orthotics. I can play 4-5x a week and my feet don't bother me at all. I find the are very quick and agile. I can get to a drop shot from near the baseline. They are easy on my ankles, knees and hips.
From: Bev. 7/11

Comments: I love this KSwiss Defier pair of shoes but they don't last long. I run quite a bit on the court and so after 2 weeks they begin to show the wear. I typically play 3-4 times a week and am a 3.5 singles & doubles player. They are comfortable though just don't last long for me.
From: Marilyn, Traverse City, MI, USA, 02/11

Comments: Without question the best and longest wearing shoes I've ever owned. I wear orthotics and an ankle brace which takes space in your shoe, but this shoe is very supportive while flexible. It has held up through many 4.0 level matches on clay and hard courts. A real winner.
From: Elizabeth, NC. 5/10

Comments: I love these shoes. I struggle with bunions and have been on a 5 year search for a comfortable tennis shoe. I bought these about a half size big and have added a gel foot bed insert. It gives me plenty of width in the bunion area and an even cushier feel to the shoe. I'm ordering pair #3 today!
From: Anna, San Francisco, CA, USA, 01/10

Comments: Am about to order my 3rd pair of these shoes. I am a supinator with high arches and these shoes are the only ones I've found that stand up to my 3x/week tennis habit without causing me problems. The fact that they are cute and pink does not hurt, either. Love them!
From: Juliet, Milwaukee, WI, USA. 3/09

Comments: Oh, I made an error. I am now in the group of people who definitely like these shoes.
From: Emily, Teaneck, NJ, USA. 11/08

Comments: Love these shoes. I am on my second pair and they offer out of the box comfort and durability. The area around the ankle is very cushioned...in fact I bought these after a pair of New Balance rubbed blisters on the insides of my ankle from lack of cushioning. They wear great - and I will buy more. I normally wear an 8.5 and needed a 9 in this shoe and I do tend to have a narrower than wider foot and these shoes fit perfectly.
From: Barbara, Greensboro, NC, USA. 11/08

Comments: I bought these shoes because of all the positive feedback. The first time I wore them, however, my feet burned. Luckily, I had another pair of shoes with me and changed. I gave these shoes another chance-- but I walked around with them on first--The second time I wore them, they were very comfortable, stylish looking too. So, I am not in the group of people who really like these shoes.
From: Emily, Teaneck, NJ, USA. 11/08

Comments: I LOVE these shoes! I have serious problem feet, and most other shoes I have tried cut into my ankles and rub blisters on the backs of my heels... not these! They are perfect right out of the box. Yes, my feet got a little hot the other day, but heck, it was 99 degrees in the shade, but for "normal" weather, these can't be beat!
From: Kristie, Tx, USA. 7/08

Comments: This is the best pair of tennis shoes I've ever worn! I have had my current pair 6 months, and they are only now beginning to show slight wear on the bottom. I play 5-6 times a week on soft and hard courts! They are VERY comfortable right out of the box - lots of cushioning. I've had Nike, Reebok and New Balance in the past and they only lasted 2-3 months. The insides started to tear and gave me blisters and the soles wore out and became slick on the bottom. I only have a few minor complaints with the Defier and they are: They occasionally "squeak" during side to side movement, the strings are way too long and I'd like to see a few different color choices instead of the pink. Otherwise, they are great and I just ordered a new pair!
From: Anon, US. 2/08

Comments: This is the best shoe I have ever owned. I think I have been buying these for a couple years now, at least. It is extremely comfortable, right out of the box, and gives great support. I play 4 or 5 times a week, mostly singles on hard courts, and they are also quite durable. They are a leather shoe though, so a little heavier and warmer than some other shoes, but I prefer these to any other shoe I have ever worn. I was disappointed that they stopped selling them in red, and I am not very partial to pink, but I was pleased to find out that a men's size 7 fit exactly like a women's 8.5, so if you are not into pink, a smaller men's version is a good alternative. 1.5 sizes smaller, and I didn't notice any difference in width.

Comments: I'm about to order my fourth pair - these are the most comfortable and supportive tennis shoes I have ever owned, I love them. I have narrow feet, and these shoes hug and cushion them perfectly. I would agree with some of the others, however, that they do not breathe very well. They're fine for me during the indoor season when it's cooler, but I may try the Defender next summer.
From: Jennifer, Columbus, Ohio, 11/07

Comments: I'm on my fourth pair of these shoes. Very comfortable and cushiony right out of the box. I have always ordered a 1/2 size smaller than my normal size for a comfortable fit. I love them!
From: Mellani, Columbus, OH, USA, 10/07

Comments: Great shoes! So comfortable, I feel like I'm walking on clouds. I had some Wilson shoes that were giving me blisters, so I decided to switch - I had no idea what I was missing! These feel light yet durable, flexible yet supportive, and they fit my feet perfectly. My feet are pretty narrow, and these are nice because you can cinch them up as loose or tight as you want, so they fit very snuggly. I highly recommend!
From: Natalie, San Diego, CA, USA, 07/07

Comments: I love these shoes! I'm on my 2nd pair. Very comfortable right out of the box. I thought that the outer sole wouldn't last as long as my Barricades, but I found that the inside wears out faster than the outside (which is fine). I'm not a toe dragger so I can't comment on that part of the shoes. However, I'm very happy with these & will definitely purchase them again!
From: Jackie, Woodridge, IL, USA. 4/07

Comments: Great shoe! They are comfortable and easy to move around with. True to size and stable. Only complaint is my feet get very hot after only 20 min of playing. Quality made shoe that holds up well.
From: Gigi, St. George, UT, USA. 3/07

Comments: At first glance, or shall I say play, I was very excited as the shoe offered more toe room, a little longer than my other shoes. However, after playing in them a couple of times I experienced pain on the bottom of my foot. This was strictly with this tennis shoe as when I wore my other shoes I didn't experience any discomfort. Also my feet would get uncomfortably hot in this shoe.

Comments: Love these sneakers. Out of the box I arrived at Saddlebrook tennis camp for 8 days. They were so comfortable and my feet never bothered me. Adidas Barricades and Nike Lumify are very uncomfortable and painful. I had to order Barricade a whole size smaller than I ever wear and my foot still slides forward so much they throb at the end of a match. Buying a new pair of Defiers.
From: Karyn, New York, NY, USA, 01/07

Comments: I have been loving & wearing K-Swiss for the last 8 years, but now they seem narrower and tighter in the toe box. These are not working out. Not only are my feet uncomfortable, my lower legs are stressed. Bummer.
From: Susan, Marietta, GA, USA. 10/06

Comments: It is true that these shoes felt great right out of the box and I had no break in period needs, but the one complaint I have is that my feet feel very hot during play. The fabric of the insoles does not seem to be very absorbent, and a co-player friend of mine is experiencing the same thing. Maybe I can just switch out the insole because the rest of the shoe is fantastic.
From: Karen, Sequim, WA, USA 07/06

Comments: These are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. They provide great support and cushioning and were great right out of the box. I play 2-4 times a week and they have held up great. I will definitely purchase these shoes again!
From: Senya, Salt Lake City, UT, USA 04/06

Comments: I'm buying my 4th pair now and my plantar fasciitis is totally gone. They may have helped it to clear up. I'm going to stick with these for now. Very comfortable and they do have good support. You DO have to replace them often though (ie. if you play about 3 times per week, then replace about every 3-4 months or so.) I can tell when it's time, my feet (plantar fascia) start to hurt.
From: Elaine, Bartlett, IL USA 04/06

From: Senya, Salt Lake City, UT, USA. 3/06

Comments: These are exceptionally comfortable and well-fitting, but I find I'm having a little trouble making quick directional changes. I wonder if it could be due to the regular tread pattern of the soles. They don't seem to have a "pivot point." If these shoes had soles like those of either the Ultrascendor or Glaciator, I'd have found my ideal shoe.
From: Susan, Rome, GA, USA. 11/05

Comments:These shoes are extremely comfortable right out of the box. I'm on my second pair. I play 3-5 times per week (3.0 singles and doubles) and replace my shoes every 2-3 months. I typically like K-Swiss and find they fit me better than most brands (Nike are too narrow). I've tried the Glaciator, Ultrascendor and Accomplish and this is the most comfortable. Love the styling and the pink color. :)
However, I don't think these are giving me enough arch support. My plantar fascia really hurts after I play (not during). But that may not be the shoe's fault. And contrary to the description, I find that the laces do NOT stay tied very well. The Ultrascendor and Glaciator's funky laces are much better at staying put. Nonetheless, I'll probably stick with them for now.
From: Elaine, Bartlett, IL, USA. 11/05

Comments: I love these shoes. I have a very high arch, and problems with foot pain due from a variety of sources. I tried on every major brand at a tennis outlet, and these were the only pair that felt comfortable out of the box. I will definitely order more pairs!!
From: Cindy, Dallas, TX, USA. 07/05

Comments: These shoes are a lot more comfortable out of the box than my previous ones (Adidas Barricade I). So far they are very supportive & my feet feel well cushioned. My only concern is if the outsole lasts as long as the Barricade I's. I typically play 2-3 times a week & am a 3.5 singles & doubles player.
From: Jackie, Woodridge, IL, USA. 07/05

Comments: I like the classic look of these shoes. They match any outfit. I've been a long time user of K-Swiss shoes and I'm continually impressed with their comfort and durability. I highly recommend these shoes.
From: Gloria, Tampa, FL, USA. 5/05