ProKennex Heritage Type C Redondo MP Racquet Customer feedback

Comments: I am a 5.0 NRTP, 46 year old player and have strokes that many admire. I developed severe tennis elbow and could only play once a week or so. I bought this racquet and combined it with natural gut and my tennis elbow is gone! To Tennis Warehouse: if you want to sell lots of this racquet, simply create a section for racqutes for tennis elbow in your website and you will sell many! Pro Kennex must not stop making this great racquet!
From: Fernando, 4/14

Comments: I play with the MP -- it's an excellent all-court player's racquet with low power and good flex. Very comfortable and easy on all the shots but you need to provide good power and racquet speed into your shots. I also play with the NCode 6.1 (18x20) which has more power but I prefer the Redondo's comfort and flex, and that I can put more spin on shots. It's also a very stable racquet, I play mine without any added weight. What I dislike about the racquet is the cosmetics and its rubberized feel which will make it accumulate dust and dirt (specially when you play on a clay court) and after some time will become way too sticky on the hands! I just wish it came with a normal paint job like all other racquets out there. The stock leather grip is excellent. Hope they improve on the Redondo's paint job, but without altering the frame construction and feel.
From: Carlos, 9/13

Comments: I have been playing for over 20 years and have tried most of the player's racquets (ie Prestige Pro, C10 Pro, Original Pro Staff, Volkl Powerbridge 10). The Redondo is the most flexible racquet that I have ever played with. The frame is extremely arm friendly, has a forgiving sweetspot, offers good spin and excellent control. It is a little low powered but if you take a full swing there is ample power. I hear about the a lot hype with the Babolat racquets causing tennis elbow. If you have any type of arm problem, this racquet is highly recommended from a 4.5 baseline player. ProKennex racquets should be advertised more! Kudos to ProKennex! I have had on and off shoulder problems for 5 years and this racquet will alleviate the symptoms. The classic frames are the best. I would never play with a 10 ounce racquet.
From: Ken, 8/13

Comments: Great racquet! I expected the heavier frame would provide a solid/controlled feel on groundstrokes and it delivered. However, I was nervous about the weight at the net. Somehow (amazingly), the head light balance keeps this racquet maneuverable at net. Also unexpected is the precision placement from all areas of the court... Guys, seriously, it was ridiculous (in a great way)! While not as flashy to look at as some of the other racquets on the market, it replaced my Yonex RDiS 100 (which I liked) as my primary racquet and I've not looked back. Definitely worth a demo.
From: Garth, 4/12

Comments: This racket is as close to the Volkl PB 10 as you can get...but in the 98 head size. Great control racquet with decent pop when using polys at lower tensions. It allows you to swing out nicely. The sweet spot is nice and big. Great stability, even on shots hit towards the top of the frame. Please don't every discontinue this racquet!!!

Comments: After three consecutive days playing with this racquet I have to applaud its playability. I was worried about its weight, but it went great. It is incredible how confidently you can direct the ball and every other aspect of the game, power, spin, slice, head spin can be covered with this racquet. It is also feeling less stiff as I start to find its sweetspot. Great looking classic graphics. It is an A+ racquet, I'm very glad I found it.
From: Alberto. 11/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro @ 44 lbs M- 42 lbs X

Comments: I'm extremely pleased with this racquet (98sq). My head speed is back to where it should be, especially on first and second serves - the balance is just wonderful. I highly recommend this baby to players with whippy or very live arms - it's just makes such a terrific difference when you find the right stick. BTW, when strung with Tour Bite 17 the ball just explodes off the racquet with frightening acoustics and tremendous kick.
From: David. 7/11
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 17 @ 52 lbs

Comments: Absolutely great racquet. Suberb feel, power comes from player's technique and spin is great for this this 18/20 string pattern. Used to play with Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus before and felt serious arm pain. After three times playing with PB Redondo 98 (hard matches) the pain was gone. So there must be something about Pro Kennex. I can recommend this stick for players with sold technique and seeking for an arm friendly racquet. I have to point out this stick only delivers what you can put in, so you need to have good technique and power but in the end you never can blame your stick for any mistake you make.
From: Rainer. 7/11
String type and tension: MSV Focus HEX 1,18 at 23,5 KG

Comments: It is a pleasure to play with this racquet. The balance, soft flex make the trick. I never played with anything better than this. Very comfortable and predictable. The control, feel, placement are amazing. My angle shots drive my opponents crazy. Be careful, this racquet can cause addiction to tennis. Once you try it you would not want anything else. Pro Kennex have great racquets, but very few people know about that. If you are one of them you are lucky.
From: Jacob. 6/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17, Luxilon Ace 18

Comments: This is the 3rd year I'm playing with the MP version. I have only good things to say about this racquet. Bought it at first due to arm problems but it turned out to be great love story so far! It feels great in the hand just swinging it. The precision is unmatched by anything I have tried so far and it gives me a satisfying sound every time I hit the sweetspot. Where I live only the older players have heard of the brand but everybody who tries it agrees that it is a great frame. The Redondo has cured my obsession to try more and more racquets. Now I'm just enjoying the game and if someone offers me to try his racquet I just say 'No, thanks!'
From: Martin. 5/11
String type and tension: Polyester @ 26 kg

Comments: I just finished play testing this frame. What a wonderful surprise. Great feel. Great plow through. Nice maneuverable swing weight. Great balance. This just has to be one of the top 5 back-to-basics player frames ever produced. This is not a frame that's going to add mph to your game. Also, the sweet spot isn't huge. It's a racquet that encourages good technique with great feel, accuracy, plow through, and balance. No gimmicks. No false positives. Just results. Perhaps the best value on the market for player's frames. I'm going to stick with my Yonex ti 80 for now because it's so funky and it's working for me right now. But if I could only own one more racquet for the rest of my life, this frame is on that short list.
From: Pete. 5/11

Comments: Coming to this racquet from Babolat Pure Storm Tour GT and love it! Took me about 10 minutes to recalibrate to this stick and decide to replace my pst. Much better control on groundstrokes. Great for volleys, feels a lot lighter than the pst but is as stable and feels very comfortable. I found I could produce better spin than with the pst (probably due to faster head speed). A little less power on serves but again control and placement were easier to achieve. Not as whippy as you'd think by the RA rating. Love it, recommend it.
From: Yarek, Toronto, Canada, 03/11
String type and tension: Gamma 17 gauge TNT 2 @ 60 lb

Comments: After a long hard search and countless demos, I finally found a replacement for my Head Prestige Tours, which were (literally) starting to fall apart after 12 years. I wanted something with a little more power than the Prestige Mid without sacrificing any of the control and the Redondo 98 gave me both of those things. The Redondo is even smoother with less vibration and my sore shoulder is gradually improving. I demoed the Yonex Ultimum 80 and Volkl Power Bridge 10 but they were both just a little too "substantial" for me, while the Avery M3 Control was too headlight. The Redondo strikes a great balance between head light maneuverability and stability/plow through. Slices aren't quite as natural for me with the Redondo as some other racquets but I'm still working on that. I have a fast whippy forehand and while the racquet is still fairly low powered it really lets me take a good cut at the ball without sending it sailing long. It's also been nothing but stable at the net in doubles for volleys. I think the Redondo might just be my racquet for the next 12 years.
String type and tension: ISOSpeed Professional Classic 17 @ 59lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: Great stick; perfectly balanced, weighted, and you get plow through with deadly control. So soft but yet so stable. Serves are kickin' like a mule. Very maneuverable considering it's mass. Elbow loves the softer flex. I'm hittin' lines at will. Really am so disappointed I didn't discover the Redondo a lot earlier. My game has improved immensely. I was good before now I'm phenomenal thanks to the PK mid. Have 2 in the bag will be ordering more. I hit incredibly hard, and flat as a pancake. Plus 2 handed both sides. Man I love this stick. Hitting partners are frowning lately. Please don't stop production PK. Redondo 4 life. Careful they're 100% graphite. Handle with care.
From: Darrell, Toronto, Ont, Canada, 02/11
String type and tension: Gut mains Yonex poly tour 125x's50lbs

Comments: This is a fantastic racquet no doubt about it. But after switching between this and the Yonex RDX 500 mid for the last few years and finding the perfect string and tension for both, I have reached the conclusion the Yonex is a better racquet. I hope the Pro Kennex stays around for many more years and the Yonex is brought back soon.

Comments: I have been playing with the mid+ for over 2 years now. I had started playing serious tennis with Babolat's first Pure Control, until I decided I could not deal with its 12.6+ ounces anymore. I played with many different racquets until coming back home with the Redondo this time. What a frame it is! I hit a very hard, flat shot and I never wish I had a different stick in my hand. Also, its great feel helped me gain confidence at the net. I decided to give the mid a try a few weeks ago, and I have not touched the mid+ since then as it seems to fit my hard hitting game better. The mid and mid+ are both frames that any serious player should consider.
From: Alexis, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 11/10
Headsize: 98 & 93

Comments: Quite a few midsize rackets "floating" around, but after testing quite a few and actually buying into what other companies had to offer; I bought the Redondo Type C 93. This frame at 90 sq.inches actually has power, an element lacking in the other variants of this size frame. I increased the grip size to 4 3/4 and I am getting the maximum out of this racket. Just a terrific racket!
From: Kirko, Wildwood, MO, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline 16 gauge 53 lbs.

Comments: Used to play w/K90, but made the switch over w/the Type C 93, and totally fell in love with it! It has better control upon impact, and able to generate even faster swing speed. Decided to give the 98 a shot, granted it's much smaller than a standard 98 sq" frame, it has a nice large sweet spot! The direction of the ball is even better than the Babolat Aero Storm Tour I had previously playtested. The touch is super soft, excellent for drop volleys, drop shots, and slice. PK needs to continue to produce frames such as this.
From: Jack, MD, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Titan gut main @ 60, SPPSS cross @ 58-9
Headsize: 93 & 98

Comments: I used this frame a few years ago with much success but got lured away in pursuit of a more powerful frame. 2 years later and after shoulder surgery, this frame is back in my bag and I like it more now than I did years ago. Strung up with VS gut this racquet is well balanced and extremely comfortable. It still isn't a rocket launcher by any means, but with good mechanics and footwork, power is ample enough and the control is better than just about anything I have tried. The 98" provides plenty of spin, control and comfort. I love the sound when the ball comes off the string bed.
From: Basil J, Wakefield, MA, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS gut 60#

Comments: The MP- haven't used it enough to give a full review but the comfort is nice. Serve returns are fantastic. I have a friend who can serve 120 mph and out of 20+ demos I've used it is the best at blocking them back. It has a solid and soft feel at the same time.
From: ade. 5/10

Comments: Perfect frame for me. Despite the control oriented specs, excellent plow through due to the mass, excellent stability on return and volleys (due to the same mass), along with perfect comfort, handling and precision. I like the 98 pattern which can give more spin than the 95 of my Aerogel200. But still very nice for little spinning with eastern forehand, like I use to do.
From: Glou, France 02/10
String type and tension: Estoril Control (mono 1.25) 47/48lbs
NTRP Rating: 4th serie in France (poor)

Comments: I had my heart set on buying a Head Youtek Speed Pro until I demoed this frame. It's like butter! The ball feels so good coming off the strings. I unloaded on forehands like never before. It took me a little while to warm up on my backhand side but I made the adjustments. Good technique is key with this racket. I am debating on whether to try a 98 square inch but don't know yet. Give it try! You won't be disappointed
From: Robert C Orlando, FL USA 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT
Headsize:93 Sq. Inches
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: Lots more pop than using my PK5G but a bit head heavier so it's slower. I reviewed this before and didn't like it as much as my PK5G but what really changed it was switching the grip to a hi-tech gel grip so it doesn't feel like hitting w/a 2x4 (the leather grip that comes with it will dry up and feel rock hard, so I have no clue why ProKennex still makes them that way except for the retro looks).
From: Ken, Boston, MA USA 02/10
String type and tension: BDE Perf Gut 17L 60lbs

Comments: Well, this is a third review that I am adding for this frame, but I think I have to!! :) I have been playing with this stick for several years now and it is just great! The best thing your joints (shoulder/elbow/wrist) could ask for! I felt so good with it that I tried full poly on it! Of course, I was still cautious and chose the softest one I could find and for over a year now I am playing with RAB Monoflex 16 only!! It transformed this stick for really good one to an excellent!! Originally I had it strung at 61, but it ended up a bit too stiff. The last iteration was at 58 lb and it is a match made in heaven!! The comfort is still there and I have no issue with it whatsoever! The one thing that is extraordinary now is a spin!! I would have never guessed that 18x20 90 sqin frame could produce this kind of spin, but I can create more action on the ball with Redondo now then I am able with the K90 with some hybrid string setup (one of them poly as well). The extra weight that I have at 3 & 9 (6 grams total) with combination of this string created a monster of this frame!! Heavily recommended for lifting of your game if you like to take a big swing on every ball out there!! This time all of your effort is highly compensated with extraordinary performance!!
From: Fedja, Reading, US 01/10
String type and tension: RAB Monoflex 16 at 58 lb

Comments: Awesome Stick - If you are a true 4.5 obtaining power with this stick is no problem. Feel is soft, arm comfort excellent and control insane. As in some of the other reviews, I also think the flex is a tad higher than 56, more like 58/59. What I really like about this stick is its swing weight - it swings around 320 and still provides excellent plow through the ball. I demo'd Fed's stick and a Babolat Pure Storm LTD GT as well. The LTD GT lacked plow through and I would end up hitting all my shots short. However, it did have feel comparable to the Tfight 320 (Verdasco's racquet). Fed's stick was to stiff, too heavy - and like most Wilson racquets - very unpredictable. Try one - hit with it for at least 5 sessions - then try and go back to your old racquet :-)!!
From: Gk, FL, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Main - Tecnifibre Red Code 16 - 55 lbs Cross - Tecnifibre Multi-Feel 16 - 60 lbs
Headsize: 93 Redondo C

Comments: AWESOME Stick! I can't believe more 4.5+ players are not using this. First strung at 60 and it was too tight for me. Cut them out and replaced with a hybrid at 56 and my game is rockin'.
From: Alan, Memphis, TN 01/10
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Touch Turbo/Wilson NXT 56lbs

Comments: Great racquet! Took my game to the next level with exceptional control and spin on ground strokes, neat placement on volleys and works well for flat, slice and kick serves. Had to try out a few string combination and once that's settled for your game then you rediscover the love for the game. Needs good shot preparation as lazy footwork or swing hitches will be punished.
From: Shri, San Francisco CA 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17, Gamma Live Wire 17, 57 lbs

Comments: Well I agree with everyone else. I demoed this stick along with the new Volkl PW 10 mid. I tried the Volkl for about 10 minutes, dropped it in my bag and picked this up. This stick is a true players stick. You don't get any free shots that come easy. You get what you put in and that's it. That being said, I found good control and nice stability and comfort. This stick is not forgiving in any manner so if you are not a clean ball striker you will be in trouble really quick. Shots will land way short. Nice racquet if you have the stroke for it.
From: Beorn, Motown, CA, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: MSV focus hex, 58/56

Comments: I have been using the original 5G since college 8 yrs ago, but they all crack in the frame, so been looking for replacements. Tennis elbow originally got me to PK, but this is the first racket I've tried that I liked that didn't have the sand in it. The control is insane, well hit shots feel so soft and perfect, and for some reason my serve was pretty hard and good spin, though I wouldn't have expected it. However, no power at all, definitely leaving the ball short unless I hit it perfectly. I felt like I was having to crush every ball, and after an hour of rallying with it, my forearm was tired for the first time in my tennis career. It felt so good though to just give everything on each shot and not feel like you have to hold back because you picked up grandma's sledgehammer by accident. Good spin for a dense stringbed. I had a lot of trouble with backhand slice though, I guess I'm used to more power and more bite from the more open stringbed on my 5G's. This thing feels softer, less vibration than my 5g's, and no kinetic technology. And I use 2 gamma gel worms in my rackets, had that "twang." Love the feel of hitting a good ball with this one. This racket feels much lighter than its stated weight. I've narrowed down my search to this, the Ki5 PSE, or black ace (haven't demoed the BA yet but it has similar weight to my current 5g).
From: anon. 10/09

Comments: I just demoed this racket and bought 2 immediately. This bad boy will replace my Wilson k- Blade Tour. The k-Blade was a slick stick with loads of power but control does not compare to the Redondo TC93. You need to be bit more patience to unload with a K-Blade Tour and select the strokes appropriately or the racket's power will override ball placement. However, with the Redondo TC93 you can literally "fire at will" and place all shots within a hula-hoop (I'm dating myself). Fast incoming groundies/serves do not distort this racket head as it's stable and absorbs power and returns the energy right back to your opponent if you have a full swing. What a classic feeling this stick has!!! The last time I felt a racket this good was in the 80's with the Dunlop Max 200G. You aren't going to overpower your opponent with the Redondo, that's what the k- Blade Tour is for. However, you will be rewarded in the second and third set when you've worn your opponent down from chasing the ball wide from each side. This racket is all about serious placement. It's all about ball feel-on-contact. You'll beat your opponent with ball placement as they chase it down and you either re-direct it behind them or run them out wide. Flat serves are attenuated as expected, slice serves accelerate rotational spin out wide....unless your opponent also has a full swing they'll have trouble with the ball as it's coming in heavy. Volleys are a bit muted compared to the k-Blade but feels so good as the head-light racket maneuvers easily for put-always. Too bad this racket is discontinued, oh how I wish I found this racket when it was first available.
From: Roderick, Cleveland, Ohio 09/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original 16G

Comments: Awesome Racquet! Nothing else compares to this frame. I'm playing with the 98 and will never play anything else. Thank you TW reviewers for talking me into giving this racquet a demo!
From: Travis, Portland, OR 09/09
String type and tension: Kirschbaum ProLine 2 @ 62lb

Comments: Overall this is a great stick. As said by another, it does feel stiffer than the listed flex rating. Swingweight was a little low for my liking as the 10pt head light balance felt foreign, but it didn't seem to affect my game in a negative way. I like the 18x20 string pattern, and I was hitting serves with more power than normal.
From: John, New Jersey 08/09

Comments: I've played with many classic frames during my day (been playing competitively for 26 years), and this is a truly great frame. All of the great feedback is great for a reason--this racquet delivers the goods. It swings incredibly easy despite the weight (mine stock with Yonex Super Grap is 351g), allowing for fine control over the head movement, and this makes up for the tight string pattern. I can get more spin with this than the head-heavier, open patterns as a result. Also, control is simply off the charts. I can hit dimes all day with these things. Comfort is great w/PSGO17 at 55, and power is more than sufficient. To me, it plays somewhat stiffer than the flex rating suggests, but it does not feel wobbly, raw, or harsh at all. Simply the finest frame I've ever hit with.
From: Grayson, Charlottesville, VA. 3/09
String type and tension: Prince SGO17 55lb

Comments: The Redondo mid is great. The sweet spot is quite easy to find and I love the "crack" sound it makes when hitting the ball. I find it very maneuverable especially for my one handed backhand!
From: A fan, US. 3/09

Comments: Very good feel. amazing stability and the right mass on the head. I was able to hit heavy balls, but... It feels very heavy. Especially on service and where you need to move the head fast. I wasn't able to get the right head speed. It doesn't feel 10 points HL. No way. I would like to have this feeling with a little less heaviness. (I play with a Yonex RDS001 MP)
From: Nikos, Greece. 2/09
String type and tension: Pacific multi @ 24 Kg

Comments: This is the best racket for me. Before it I played the POG Mid for many years. Although I still love the POG Mid, I have now switched to the Redondo: it is the epitome of a true player's stick, the certain benchmark by which all others are measured. In my view it is perfect in every way. Thank you PK -- I feel as though you made a custom racket just for me.
From: Mat, DC. 2/09
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Orig, 48

Comments: I am a longtime Mid user (some MP experience too) and this is addition to my comment down below. Lately I tried K90 and liked it a lot. The power was off the chart and ability to hit a winner from almost any regular position is amazing. But, it is a bit stiff and with stiffer strings, it will take a toll on your body/joints. One thing left for me is to try low end of recommended tension, since lot of people praised it with that setup. One way or another, due to the pain in my shoulder I went back to my Redondo Mid after a month or so. Compared to the K90 it lacks that heft and power you get with Wilson. So, few strips of lead at 3 and 9 to total of 4 grams did a wonder to this racquet!! 6 grams worked even better, but my wrist didn't seem to like it. With this extra weight, balance is still pretty good (8-9 points HL) and it weights 12.4 oz. But, your all of your strokes got extra power without any loss of control. All of the sudden, serving with this stick is a blast! It doesn't match K90 power wise, but it is close and you get more control to pick your spots! Both forehands and backhands improved a lot and my opponents are saying that balls are now a bit heavier too with more action on the ball! Overall, a great improvement to already excellent stick!
From: Fedja, Reading, MA, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: GAMMA TNT2 63 and/or 64 lb (63lb is good to go from the first hit and last about 4 weeks. 64 takes about one set to settled in and then it is good much longer than 63 lb one)

Comments: I'm not going to say that it's the best racquet out there, (a racquet is different for everybody) but for those who appreciate a quality racquet with feel, touch, excellent dampening. Overall in my view this is the most perfectly balanced racquet I've ever felt, will definitely love this racquet and not consider ever playing with anything else. Period. This racquet has rejuvenated my arm, has given me the confidence in my serve that has been lost for years because of all the totally bogus racquet technology that just vomits all over us tennis players, and has restored my faith in the game. Rock on Pro Kennex!
From: rob, las vegas. 2/09
String type and tension: Gamma infinity hybrid. 57lb

Comments: The feel of this racquet is exceptional. I used to play with a Babolat before, but I gave it up. Redondo plays and feels so much better. It completely changed my game, moving it up to the next level.
From: Rafael, Japan. 2/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Rough, 54lbs

Comments:I ordered the mid, but was sent the mid plus by mistake. I demoed it, and it's a very good racquet for those who grew up playing wood or the fiberglass racquets of the 70s and 80s era. My favorite racquets that I played with were the Jack Kramer Autograph. I later switched to the Rossignol Stratos and then graduated to a Yamaha YFG30. I loved those three the best for feel, power, comfort, and control. The Redondo, in my opinion, is so similar to those that even though I was sent the plus by mistake, the racquet felt right at home in my hand. Excellent! Until now, I played with the Dunlop 300g that was close to wood in its feel, but I think the hollow handle and the 4 points h.l balance threw my elbow and shoulder for a spin. The Redondo is pure comfort even on miss-hits.

Comments: I have been playing FP prestige mids. I wanted a racquet with similar playability but less stiffness. Good baseline form rewarded with this racquet. Serves like an iPrestige mid - which I love. I'm having difficulty with slice backhand but still adjusting. I am going to give this racquet a try for a few months - thumbs up for now.
From: Ken, San Diego, CA, US. 10/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre 17, 62 lbs.

Comments: An instant classic!!! The next best thing compared to my pc600 and pt600... I was more than happy to buy a pair. The 10 points headlight balance just screams "customize me," which I did with lead at 10 and 2. The paint job on the other hand is not the best around (the smooth velvety maroon matte finish is very nice touch out of the norm but the white paint combination painted over it easily chips) but I really didn't care much (who does???), it's how the racket performs that matters most anyways. I'm planning to buy another pair soon and make it as my mains.
From: doggie, NY. 9/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-one Biphase 17 red @ 56 lbs.

Comments: The Prince TT Hornet that I used to play with was a tad larger and heavier than I would have liked. The Redondo mid+ is the perfect solution. Excels in maneuverability and feel. Requires reasonable swing to generate power. Topspin shots were deeper than before and slices were faster. Some lead tape at 2 and 10 (clock) positions might help with off- centered shots. Did not need a vibration dampener. Drop shots with this racquet will stun your opponents. Volleys are fine, as are serves. Improved my (rather weak) backhand a lot. Resembles the Tecnifibre TFight 325 in several ways, only not as heavy. Leather grip was not very tacky and I did not like the feel of an overgrip on this racquet. Keep a towel handy, if you have sweaty palms like me. The bevels are felt well, maybe too well. Got a blister in my palm just below my middle finger from 5 hours of play.
From: Karthik, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase Red #60

Comments: The Redondo Mid Plus is an undiscovered gem, the perfect racket. There's nothing else to say about it. I don't know why everybody isn't playing with one.
From: Steve, New York, NY. 6/08
String type and tension: Babolat Fineplay
Headsize: Mid Plus

Comments: 93" MID size is the BEST racket you can get. My bad tennis elbow problems were gone after only one month with this racket. After 2 months, I moved up a level in play and am stringing at max-68lb and hitting forehands like I'm 20 years old again (43 now). It hits all serves, baseline shots and volleys -- everything -- better than any other racket. If you are a serious player, you are a total fool not to try this racket. SIDENOTE: The heavy Wilson racket Federer uses is great for control if you are powerful enough to serve with it. The old Yonex mid RDS 001 is an awesome racket, but the 'new' 001 is a piece of junk like almost all of the new racket models from all the companies. PROKENNEX would outsell everyone if they came out with some new variations of the Redondo C mid - like a little lighter one, etc.
From: Thomas, Anaheim, CA. 5/08
String type and tension: Gamma Livewire XP 17 - 68lb
Headsize: 93"

Comments: After playing with close to a hundred different rackets I can say confidently none feel as right as this one for me. I do have about 4 grams of lead on 2 and 10. I'm 5'11", 165lbs, I hit hard, long strokes with eastern to semi-western grip and this frame lets me hit confident flat shots and doesn't make me work hard for loopy angles. Serves are very dependable and violent. Volleys very solidly as well, like a wall. The comfort and the feedback are unmatched - the frame is rated very flexy but "pops" like mid-flex. The only downside I've ever noticed is the racket mass is felt on the one handed backhand- slice take back.
From: Anton, NYC, USA, 04/08
String type and tension: Rab Monoflex 61 lbs

Comments: I play with the midplus version, and it is so comfortable and has great feel. It has a good amount of power if you consistently hit with the right swing speed/mechanics. The spin potential is very good for an 18x20 string pattern. I'm planning to try out the mid version since I've been reading so many enthusiastic reviews. Too bad, no one I play with has heard of this brand. I wish more people know about how fantastic this racquet is!
From: Christine, Cupertino, CA. 2/08
String tension: 58
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racquet is exceptional, and no other one has the feel that this one has! I've tried many many others but keep coming back to the Redondo 98" (haven't tried the 93" yet). It's great to be able to play competitive tennis and have a lot of fun feeling this baby hit the ball with 100% control! A must try!
From: Victor, Chino Hills, CA, USA. 2/08
String type and tension: Natural gut 17" 58 lbs.(mains) Luxilon ALU Rough (crosses) 56 lbs.
Headsize: 98"

Comments: This racquet was a bit too heavy and required a longer swing than I feel I could play for 3 sets or more. This is definitely for a stronger, younger player than this mid-50s player.
From: Bob, Englewood, FL, USA. 1/08

Comments: The feel is simply fantastic. Amazing control. But this isn't a "pusher's" racquet. I play an all- court game, and I serve consistently above 165km/h, and I love it. Be warned, this is a player's racquet: miss the sweetspot and you'll hit a weak shot, but if you can keep the ball in the sweetspot, it's sweet as sugar and the control gives you clinical accuracy. (PS: I modified with a couple of lead weights to increase head weight.)
From: Pete, Ottawa, ON, Canada. 1/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One BiPhase 16, 58 lbs

Comments: WOW! This is the stick that changed my game the best way possible! I am using long and fast swings and this is what this racquet is meant for! Precision is unmatched and you can place the ball at will at any spot on the court with your full swing without taking anything back!! The best part of it is the feel one has when doing one-handed backhand! This is just perfection! I tried MP as well, but lack of this feel on the backhand side brought me back to the Mid. At the beginning I was having problems with the spin generation (especially on the second serve), but after few weeks of sticking with it I found the way to overcome that too. Basically, it has a normal amount of spin for a small size and tight string pattern! The good and bad part is the extra flex that stick has. From my aching wrist and shoulder this is the best I can do for them aside of not playing at all! If you have any type of arm/shoulder/elbow/wrist injury this is a stick for you. The bad part is that you can't just blast the balls for the final winner and typically it takes an extra shot with the fast-legged opponent. But considering the precision that you get with the stick it is easy to do!
From: Fedja, Arlington, MA, USA, 11/07
String type and tension: GAMMA TNT2 17 at 64 lb

Comments: This racket is ridiculously stable on serves, borrowed my friend's racket...and every single serve went 2-3 feet from the net on the left service line. Just insane, every time I served, the receiver would have to run to the side to return it leaving the entire court open. A little hard to return balls as it is a heavy racket, but overall, I like.

Comments: This racquet feels great and is very solid. Hits groundstrokes and volleys like a dream, but you need to give your serve a little extra oomph if you like the insane power of today's sticks. I have been playing for 15 years with the pro tour 280's {I have 12 of them} and this is a nice change. Not too drastic. I would recommend the Redondo 93, only because I haven't tried the mid plus. I absolutely love the weight, thinking racquets were not made like this anymore.
From: Jake, Oroville, CA, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: Gamma 16, 64 lbs

Comments: Like many of the readers/players, I often demo and purchase different racquets, trying to find that perfect frame. Funny thing is, most of the time I don't even complete a hitting session with the new stick before taking "ole faithful" out of the bag. It's that good - a pure players' racquet. No ridiculous and questionable technologies - just pure graphite, string, and trophies.
From: Rich, New York, NY, USA. 1/07
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Ace @ 57lbs.
Headsize: Midplus

Comments:Be sure to try it out. I've played with wood to early graphite (a la Max 200g), to recent models, and this racquet was not stable enough for me, particularly in the upper hoop. May be good for those suffering from tennis elbow, but as always, try before you buy...
From: Lee, NY, NY, USA, 01/07
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-one Biphase, 58lbs

Comments:Definitely get this racquet, that's all you can say to summarize it. I often switch between my RDS OO1 mp and Wilson pro staff tour 90. This is the racquet I keep coming back to. It has the best feel of any racquet I have ever tried. Yet awesome control and adequate power. Don't be afraid of not getting topspin with the 18x20 pattern, it is more spin friendly than my other 2 racquets mentioned above. Definitely at least demo this racquet. One side note: whenever I use this racquet with an over grip, I lose some of the great feel I love from this frame, so demo it with just its stock leather first. You will not be disappointed.
From: Anon, Canada, 12/06
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberflash low 50's

Comments:Having had nearly 15 years away from playing tennis due to health problems, I came back to a sport with radically different equipment than what I had in my early teens. Racquets these days are all about power, power, power and actually assist poor technique, not to mention they're made of lightweight materials designed to accommodate player's weaknesses -and rip off your shoulder if you actually know what you are doing. I wanted a racquet that did what I told it to do, good or bad. The Redondo is such a racquet. It is a pure joy to hit with. I don't have nearly as much pace as with my last racket but what do I care? This racket is the real me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
From: Nitin, Charleston, SC, USA, 12/06
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut3 17, 60lbs

Comments: If you are a serious player then definitely try demoing this frame. Its flex and feel are unmatched. The midsize head is great at keeping the ball in play. Try stringing it low because that will give you more feel and flex. This frame is testament that old school frames still exist for people who want to wail on the ball.
From: Tuan, Houston, TX, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Gamma Syn Gut 18 @ 56 lbs
Headsize: Midsize 93

Comments: This racquet was great. I demoed a lot of racquets and this one was by far the best. The Prince Diablo mid made my arm hurt after a few sets but wasn't from the weight. The RDS 001 mid was great but lacked something one the serve. This racquet had everything to have a great serve and volley game.
From: Jason, Houston, Texas, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Babolat VS Gut @ 75 lbs

Comments: Not a lot to say that hasn't been said. I love this racquet. I've played with many racquets, including most of the Wilson Pro Staffs, woods all the way to the N codes. I also played with Prince, other Pro Kennex, and the newer version of the Prestige Classic 600. This racquet is a good notch or two better than any of these, in just about all aspects. Cheaper too. I played with both the 98 and the 93 and I must say the 93, for whatever reason is light years better than the 98. If you can find one surely give it a try.
From: Mark, Shingle Springs, CA, USA. 12/06
String type and tension: Klip Natural Gut @ 62 lbs

Comments: I have taken it out several times and against different players. The best thing about it, for me, is that I can swing through the ball, hit out and if my form is good, the ball stays in. Control was excellent, and volleys were so solid and accurate that I sometimes enjoyed them even more than groundstrokes. The weak area for me was serving. I could hit gorgeous slice serves out wide to the deuce court and curving away down the "T" in the add court. On flat serves, however, I simply do not have the physical strength to hit more than average serves. Overall, my Head Pro Tour 280 (several) and Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 Original 95 are more versatile, and even I can hit smoking flat serves with them. But for pure, buttery feeling, this one is hard to beat. As the fellow below said, everyone should play this racquet at least once. Same for my racquets mentioned above, and also the Dunlop Muscle Weave 200G (gray one). All four of these are classics.
From: Jeffrey, Templeton, CA, USA. 12/06

Comments: A racquet that every player should try at least once. Nice, smooth feel you get in your forehand/backhand plays, rocks in the volley, serves are always pleasure with this stick. I love this.. and want to stay with this.
From: Arun, Tustin, CA, USA
String type and tension: Gamma Synthetic @ 62 lbs

Comments:Try it if feel is everything to you but otherwise this racquet has little to offer. Extremely flexible, extremely head-light heavier racquets strike a nostalgic cord for the middle aged but leave you in rough shape, with your opponent swooping in on a short ball, if you don't nail your own shot perfectly. Just too underpowered for most recreational players. Feels fine and swings easily, looks better than it plays. The Ki5 and Ki 15PSE are better suited to today's game.
From: Gene, Houston, TX, USA, 10/06

Comments: I'm an oldschooler and have always loved 100% graphite. I have many other fine rackets too, including the Prestige 600. Anyway, I'm not going to go in long details now. I'm putting it simple here that "playing the Redondo is like enjoying a delicious steak with a fine wine." It's a racket you won't go wrong. The Redondo is now my one and only main stick.
From: Anirut, Bangkok, Thailand. 10/06
String type and tension: Gamma Synthetic 17 Wearguard
Headsize: MID

Comments: Hits like butter. Feels like a dream, nice and flexible. When the strings break I plan on stringing it at 75 lbs. The frame has a little too much power for me at 68 lbs. Bottom line, I was not disappointed with my order I will enjoy playing with this stick for years to come.
From: Roderick Seurattan, West Hartford, Connecticut, USA 06/06
Headsize: 600 Sq cm

Comments: I've bought & tried many rackets. The Redondo combines the old school feel (control) with updated maneuverability. This racket works for me for all shots and an all-court game. Great spin despite tight string pattern due to head-light balance and flex. String it low to bring out the flex and power. My search is over.
String type and tension: ProKennex Competition Multifilament 17g, 50 lbs

Comments: I've always been impressed with the quality of Pro Kennex rackets, and the new Redondo doesn't disappoint. The graphics are flawless, leather grip adds a nice touch. I was told that PK spent a lot of time discussing the spec's with tour players and the result is this masterpiece. After hitting a few balls I was impressed with the solid feel off the strings, no vibration at all just a solid thud. Volleys and serves are a pleasure with a tad more oomph than say the original Head Prestige, another great stick that the Redondo will be compared to without question. A quality no nonsense stick, thanks PK!!
From: Jeff, Orlando FL USA 05/06
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Multifeel 17 64 lbs.

Comments: This is the best racket I have used since the Dunlop Max 200g. It is the most flexible racquet I have found in years. The racquet is extremely comfortable. The small head size is a welcome change from other racquets sold today and the sweet spot occupies a significant portion of the head. The racquet is powerful with wonderful bite on slice shots and good pop on serves. With its headlight balance, it volleys wonderfully.
From: Carl, Macon, GA 05/06
String type and tension: Gamma Power Play 18
Headsize: 93 square inches

Comments: I played with the Core 1 #6 for 18 months and thought it the best racquet for an aggressive baseline player. When the Redondo became available I made an easy transition to a racquet that was more firm on volleys, better on groundstrokes and provided equal or better serve speed. After 4 months of play I have no arm/shoulder problems. Very nice racquet just like PK's other frames.
From: Leigh Cherveny, Wisconsin 05/06
String type and tension: Gamma tnt 18, 60# proportional stringing
Headsize: 98"
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: This racquet was a pleasure to play with. The balance, flex, and comfort in my hand was outstanding. The 93 sq. inch head and leather grip adds that classic feel to a "Players" racket. My college coach who is a family member got me hooked to it and I ordered a set.
From: Daniel, Chula Vista, CA, USA 02/06
String type and tension: Pacific Synergy 17 (main)/Pacific Gut 16 (cross) 52 lbs.
Headsize: 93 Sq. inches