Tecnifibre SyntheticGut 16 660' String Reel Gold Customer feedback

Comments: This is a great string for the price. Good feel and power and it's cheap which is a good thing as it's not the most durable. I play with it in a hybrid setup with this in the mains at 56 lbs and a 17 gauge poly in the crosses at 52 lbs in a Head Graphine Speed Pro. This setup provides good power and feel and plenty of access to spin, the trade off being durability I get about 4 to 4.5 hours of play to a set.

Comments: I was very excited to see 660's now at a reasonable price in 16g and 17g. I've always liked Tecnifibre for a combo of response and control, and I found this string to be very luscious in those areas! I string myself and use 16g on the mains and 17g on the crosses.
From: Danny, 1/13

Comments: I played collegiately and this was one of the team strings. I loved it! Most bargain strings don't feel too good coming off your stringbed but this is really nice. I used the Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six.One 90 with Babolat RPM Blast (16g, although I would recommend 17) in the mains at 54lbs, and this in the cross at 52. It doesn't have loads of feel but it is very crisp and you can get plenty of power and spin from this string. Some teammates (who srting at higher tensions) didn't like it at all though.
From: Connor, 9/12

Comments: This is a very good string for the price. I recommend it.

Comments: Just played today for 1.5 hours. Best synthetic strings I've used for it's price. It's got that crispiness that I love in synthetic. If Gosen Micro 16g was an 8/10, these would be 15/10. No, that is not a typo. It feels great and I can finally "feel" the ball as it leaves the string bed. Much control and pop is offered. My only problem with this string is that it moves a little too much for me as I hit forward topspin. Strung at 60 lbs on my 90 square inch racquet and has performed wonders. Great set of string. But don't take my word for it. Try a set out and see if you like it. Some might not like the "crisp" this racquet offers and may prefer something more "soft" like Gosen Micro.
From: Bear, 11/11

Comments: I was very pleasantly surprised. Soft, nice pop, good sound, though not the last word in spin. I've been playing a Polystar/Gosen hybrid for so long, it was nice to just try a syn gut on its own. Strung at 58 lbs, there was very little movement. I played about 2 hours, and will play again soon on it. If it lasts 5 or 6 hours I'll be pleased - I hit pretty hard and all strings get mushy for me after a couple of weeks.
From: Rob. 5/11

Comments: I use this Tecnifibre string for cross with poly main. I don't feel different with other expensive syn gut. This string is very soft so I added 1-2 lbs during stringing. 10 hrs of playtime so far and have no problems. I love it...
From: Hung, TX, USA, 12/10

Comments: So my dad is a very solid 4.0/4.5 and he wanted me to get him a new setup that would last him a long time. Then I got him some Gosen polylon Ice and Tecnifibre syn gut and strung it up in his blade 98 in February. After playing for one to three times a week, until today, this setup has not broken. Unbelievable. Tecnifibre syn gut is a great string. It is very durable and playable, maintains tension very well, and provides a great crispy feel.
From: Dan, East bay, CA, USA, 12/10

Comments: Tecnifibre Synthetic Gut 16g feel good for the first few hours but the problems that follow afterward are horrible. In full set this string lost it tension to quickly causing the main string to spread all over the place with average topspin hit. The string is soft so the durability is below average of regular synthetic gut string. In hybrid (as cross) set this string die in few hours of hitting due to great tension lost. I am not buying this string again. I think Ashaway Liberty 16 offer better price in this category.
From: Quang, Long Beach, CA, USA. 04/10

Comments: Awesome synthetic gut for full bed or in a hybrid application! Awesome hybrid when combined with Tecnifibres polyspin. Great control spin with maximum durability and best of all you can get a real of syn gut and one of polyspin for 100 bucks! There really is no comparison! Try it out I promise you wont be disappointed. Also if you have the money to burn try this out with Tecnifibre black code in the mains for awesome topspin potential and unreal pop! Best value on the market!
From: Eric, Seattle, WA, USA, 09/09

Comments: The Tecnifibre string is great; it has feel and the pockets the ball very well. It maintains tension for about 2-3 days of excessive play. I recommend as a cross string for feel and on the main try poly or something durable.

Comments: This string is OK but the packaging is terrible. When I pulled the string it got into a tangled mess and it is a pain to use now. I would not recommend this string.
From: Jon, Boston, Ma, USA. 8/08

Comments: ProKennex Synthetic Gut 16g. was not my favorite synthetic gut. Felt surprisingly stiff at most tensions. I would recommend trying Prince Synthetic Gut instead.
From: Leland, State College, PA. USA 7/00

Comments:ProKennex Synthetic Gut 16g. String supplies good power and feels best at lower tensions.
From: Walter, Oceanside, Ca. USA 08/99