KLIP Legend Tour Natural Gut 17 String Black Customer feedback

Comments: I've played with Babolat VS Touch and I've played with Klip Legend 17. In my opinion this Klip Legend 17 is just as good as Babolat VS Touch. For control (not having the balls sail long) I have to say Klip Legend is better than VS. For touch like dropshots, I'd give VS the advantage over Legend. My setup is a Wilson Prostaff 6.0 85 with tension at 66 pounds and a full bed of natural gut. I use string savers as well and I have been playing with the same full bed of Klip Legend 17g for over 3 weeks now. There's some fraying happening now, but the tension is holding nicely. I imagine my tension has now dropped to about 62 pounds which is still really good for tension maintenance! If you are a topspin heavy player, you could still likely use this string but in a hybrid setup with poly. If you are an old school hitter like me who loves to hit flat and play majority of the time on hard courts, go with a full bed of natural gut! There's nothing out there that comapres to the feel of a full bed of natural gut. Not even the best multifilaments like NXT which I have also played with. I also use baby oil to keep my gut strings from drying out. I dab the strings with baby oil before everytime I play.
From: Ivan, 8/16

Comments: The black coating wears off immediately and shows the light yellow/brown (natural) color of the string.
NTPR Rating: 5.0

Comments: KLIP Legend Tour sets the standard for natural gut in terms of the price to performance ratio. Excellent playability, comfort, power, and control while the dual coating makes it ideal for hybrid string jobs and offer good durability. My first set mixed with MSV Co-Focus 18g poly in the crosses lasted over 50 hours without breaking with very little drop in performance (and showed only moderate notching at that point). A great combination of performance and value.