ProKennex Ionic Ki 5 315 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Love this racquet, I am about to buy another. I was playing with a Prince O series, which was like playing with a club with no control. The ProKennex feels like an extension of my arm. Very comfortable, great spin and control. I have elbow and shoulder problems and my arm doesn't hurt when I play with this racquet. I am 40 years old and a 4.5 level player and play several times a week. The one thing this racquet lacks is power. I have Gamma pro 17 strings, strung at 57 lbs. I am going to try some different strings strung at a lower tension.

Comments: Well I have had this racquet for 9 months now. I was using a Blade 98 that I loved but wrist and arm pain almost stopped me playing. My coach had a Ki 5 295 due to his own tennis elbow problems and advised me it had helped him out. I made the switch and moved seamlessly from the Blade 98 to this stick. The Ki 5 had big shoes to fill and it did that and tamed my arm pain as well. I have been strengthening and stretching as well of course but that had not fixed the problem while I was using the Blade. By the way, if you don't have arm problems the Blade 98 is terrific. The Blade is not an arm breaker either. I just had age and overuse issues which required the PK to get on top of.
From: Grahame, 9/14

Comments: I switched to the PK Ionic Ki5 315 after suffering from tennis elbow. I had been using a Head Youtek Radical Pro. I demoed Volkl, Wilson and Babolat frames. None were as comfortable. The PK swings easier than its specs, yet still allows me to hit a heavy ball. I also found the headlight balance to be helpful on volleys. In short, this is a great arm-friendly player's racquet. String type and tension: Wilson NXT at 56 lbs.

Comments: I bought this used from Tennis Warehouse and although they said it was B condition racquet, it is near perfect condition. I am a beginner again after not playing for decades and I've found this racquet easy on the arm and plenty powerful enough. The "beginner" racquets that I tried seemed to encourage poor swing mechanics and did not allow me to hit the ball at my normal pace without putting it over the fence. The ProKennex is really nice and I may just have to order another one as a backup. Strung at 58 lbs with synthetic gut.

Comments: Nice racquet that I almost pulled the trigger on. I had arthroscopic elbow surgery recently and the combo of the Wilson 6.1 95 and one handed backhand meant I had continued elbow pain -- more due to the 1HBH I think. I liked this racquet on groundies because it isn't overpowered. But I wanted more plow through on serves and volleys. I found myself having to change my stroke mechanics to compensate for the lack of plow and because of that I went with the more powerful Q5 315 instead. I play USTA at the 4.5 level. (Kudos to TW for excellent all-around service!)
From: Brandon, 8/13

Comments: This Ki 5 315 is a really great racquet. Great feel and control on all shots from anywhere on the court. Powerful strokes but really easy to maintain control on them. Arm friendly -- as arm friendly as a racquet can get. The only negative is it may be too HL (10 points) but the racquet is great at the net and on half volleys. The accuracy one gets with this racquet on every shot is impressive.

Comments: I demo'ed this racquet during a 10-hour, 2-day clinic for FYB's new course coming very soon. A quick intro on my racquet search history; I bought two ProKennex 7Gs, demo'ed 8 racquets to end up with the Babolat AeroPro GT+, bought 2, played with them for 2 years until my forearm began hurting, and went back to the 7Gs. I had 3 other ProKennex racquets (the Redondo, Ki 5 PSE and the Q tour, as well as my two 7Gs) that I had gotten from TW to demo but after starting to hit with this racquet, the Ki 315 ended the search! I hit 4 shots with the PSE and didn't even bother to hit with the other ones. First of all, I hit for about 10 hours in two days and my arm was not hurting! I found this racquet delivering in all of the different situations, helping me hit powerful forehands with tons of spin, crisp volleys, lazer-like backhand slices, precise half volleys, and smoking serves. There was nothing disappointing about this racquet. I ordered two today and am very glad to have found a quality racquet that will be by my side for years to come. One note about ProKennex racquets is that they are probably the unsung heroes of tennis racquets when it comes to arm-friendly sticks. If you know of someone who is having elbow or shoulder problems, tell them to demo a ProKennex racquet before they decide to hang it all up!
From: Milad, 10/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough 16g @ 58lbs

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet for a week now and am loving it. I'm an all court player who mixes in serve and volleys more often than most. I came to it from a Head Youtek Prestige MP. This racquet generates noticeably more spin on ground strokes, and one of the main reasons I purchased it was the added power on serves compared to the Prestige MP. What surprised me was how much better I felt with the racquet at the net. Drop volleys were a breeze to hit with this racquet. Whether it's volleys or ground strokes, the racquet generates some nice pocketing on the ball and makes redirecting shots a cinch. I'm not a guy with elbow problems, but the racquet comfort is noticeable. If you're looking for a stick that does lots of things well to compliment an all court game, this one is worth demoing.
From: Pete, 8/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power mains @ 55 lbs / Babolat N.Vy crosses @ 57 lbs

Comments: This thing is a Babolat Pure Drive GT without the elbow and wrist pain. It's that simple. What a great racquet if you like a player's racquet that you can whip through the ball and you want a relatively stiff frame at the same time. I prefer stiffer frames and this is one of the best out there. Can't say enough good things about his racquet.
From: Sean, 8/12