Comments: I love this racquet. Good combination of control and power. It's forgiving on mis-hits and powerful on serves. My only complaint is that it was a bit flimsy on slices. It didn't feel as crisp as my old Dunlops AeroG and a couple of times when taming high kick serves with my slice the ball would fly on me. For those concerned about the Kinetic beads rattling (which was my hesitation buying it) the sound is unnoticable during play and barely noticable when shaking it by my ear at home. I quickly overcame my concerns about the sound bothering me, though I have no idea whether the technology helps. I would recommend.

Comments: I agree with all the previous reviews. I picked up this racquet because I was looking for arm friendly racquet to help with my tennis elbow. After a couple of months of forearm conditioning and this soft-feeling racquet, tennis elbow was gone. I especially like the buttery feel of this racquet. You do need to generate your own power and pace from legs, hips, shoulder rotation, and a nice long swing. Otherwise, the ball doesn't come off the string bed with much pop or pace. It took a while for me to get used to this low power racquet, but stick with it and you will be rewarded. The racquet has terrific control and feel, especially when returning shots that have pace. A good all-around racquet with medium flex that feels good on any type of shot. I like using soft, multifilament synthetic gut at 57 lbs, which gives good touch and feel and that smooth buttery shot.
From: Rene, 4/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Multi-feel 16 gauge

Comments: Got here after 4 months with golfer's elbow, tested PK 5G, PK Ki 5 295 (euro version) but finally decided to keep 315 because of the weight; I can tell you that Kinetic technology works, with no pain or discomfort. After many attempts I went as low as 45 lbs - that is not easy to control considering the flexibility, that was my way to compensate the low power. I eventually got accustomed and the control is back. I won't say this frame is for everyone but definitely is for someone whose arms need some care.
From: Jorge, 4/12

Comments: Great Racquet. Ki5 is equivalent as 5G with 6 gram lead tapes at 9/3 o'clock. They plays very similar, with tons of spin, power and a lot of control. The kinetic technology really works. For me, this racquet is far superior to any Babolat racquets, period. I would recommend to string at lower tension.

Comments: Cannot tell a difference between this and the previous paint job, which is expected of course since the specs are the same. Much improved in appearance, in my opinion. Stunning with white overgrip and white string. Nice medium flex, generous sweetspot, decent plow through, and very arm-friendly.
From: Aaron, 3/12

Comments: I have demoed a ton of racquets, you would think I owned stock in TW. This is a very solid racquet. I give it a 10 out of 10 for all court performance. I was very surprised how smooth this racquet was. There is something to be said about the technology Pro Kennex is known for not only are they arm friendly but it makes for solid shots. On impact vibration was next to nothing and it showed on every shot. Demo this racquet you, will not be let down.
From: Dav3, 3/12

Comments: I have been using this racquet for 14 months. All of a sudden, the racquet cracked around the handle. I cannot find anyone with Pro Kennex to help me with the issue as the racquet is in brand new condition. Buyer beware, customer service with Pro Kennex is not 100%. Besides that issue, the racquet has felt great. No more elbow pain and the ball hits off well.
String type and tension: Tecnifibre MultiFeel 16g @ 60lbs

Comments: I have to comment again on this frame. I let it go for a year (again) and tried various players frames, all had some good qualities but most were lacking something in different areas enough for me to keep looking for that perfect frame. I tried the ProKennex Black Ace 98, Wilson K6.1 95, Boris Becker 11 Mid and MP, Legend and most recently the Dunlop 200 Tour. All good frames, but they all left me yearning for a more comfortable/high performing stick that I could play well with day in, day out without any arm issues. I just restrung my ProKennex Ionic Ki 5 with a gut/poly hybrid and after 1 year, and did not miss a beat. Comfort, power, control and spin. It was like I never put it down. An easy to use players frame that performs with the best of them. I think my search is over at least for now.
From: Basil, 9/11
String type and tension: hybrid gut/poly 60 lbs/56 lbs
NTRP Rating 4.0

Comments: I have played the Ki5 since developing tennis elbow with the Pure Drive. I have natural gut at 52lbs and the racquet plays really well. I have added lead tape at 3 and 9 o clock for increased power. I have just demoed the new Ki5 with factory strings and although the racquet played really well there was a definite lack of power. Serves were great and very accurate but service returns and backhands tended to fall short and invite my opponent in. I have beaten my regular partners for at least a year now, but with this demo they took me all the way to 3rd set tie break. Second time out after winning the first set 6-4 I switched back to my pure drive and blitzed him 6-1. All I can assume is that the power level of this racquet didn't give me the penetration to keep my opponent deep. Having said that the control of the Ki5 is fantastic I can let rip and keep the ball in play. I dint know whether to restring the new Ki5 at a lower tension or switch back to the Babolat, one thing for sure I wont suffer with tennis elbow with the Kennex as it is so comfortable.
From: Steve. 06/11

Comments: I am a 4.0 player, coming from Volk C10, which was felt a bit heavy for long matches. Also, I was starting to play at lot more (3-4) times per week, and noticed some elbow/shoulder discomfort, mostly due to weight, since C10 is one of the best feeling and most comfortable racquets available. I tried various player's racquets, but all seemed harsher on joints than C10, without offering any significant advantage. Ki5 turned out more comfortable and more stable on off-center shots than most player's frames that I've tried, of similar or lighter weight. I think the reduction in weight versus C10 was just right, and it's just as maneuverable and with similar balance (a bit more headlight). Seems to play with more control, feel and spin when using co-poly(mains)/syngut hybrid strings versus my usual multi- filament (both strung at 60lbs), in fact the difference was striking. I think even full co-poly will work, without injury concerns. This is a low-powered racquet, just like most other player's frames, but I think it's a bit more forgiving. I've added a bit of lead at 3/6/12 o'clock to add a little pop and depth to my shot. It is only suitable for people with fast/full strokes and good timing/technique, or those who are willing to make the effort to learn. Those who can't produce their own power will likely be very frustrated, but that's true for most player's frames. It doesn't have the same pop or feel as racquets like Dunlop 3Hundred Tour (which plays great when you play great, but very unforgiving otherwise), but Ki5 a good overall racquet. It doesn't excel in anything, except comfort and stability, but it doesn't have any obvious shortcomings either. In summary, if comfort and injury protection is important to you, and you're a 3.5+ player, you must try this racquet. It's a very unique racquet, so you should try it in any case, just so you know what you're missing (make sure you try in with co-poly strings).
From: Roman. 6/11
String type and tension: ALU Power Rough(mains)/Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex(crosses) at 60lbs

Comments: Bought racket without testing after reading all the positive feedback. I was playing with a Babolat Pure Drive and developed tennis elbow. Switched to multifilament strings but when the tennis elbow healed, wrist became a problem. The Prokennex Ki5 felt stiff as a board @ first, so I put it down. Upper hoop is a dead zone. I play mainly a baseline game (doubles for now) but take every opportunity to control net. I finally put two lead strips (o.5 grams each) @ 10/2 positions. Immediately added stability but you still have to generate your own power and spin. The sweetspot is definitely small but after a few rallies, I got the hang of this player's stick. Serves were decent and my partner told me that I was putting "good spin" on 'em although I was only serving @ about 60%. I'm satisfied that my wrist didn't feel like falling off after playing and am interested in my 3rd outing with this racket. I'm going to test for "touch" which was only OK after my first two outings. This is a player's racket.
From: Ray, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 17, 58lbs
Headsize: 100sq. in

Comments: Excellent arm-friendly racquet, with rather wide appeal in play styles. Very maneuverable with the headlight balance, especially at net, yet still has decent feeling swingweight for solid groundstrokes and serve. I think the sweetspot is generous and the racquet plays more like many 98's out there. Relatively easy to string and can be done 1 piece. Though I wish I could play with a more old school frame like the Sampras Pro Staff 88 or Prestige Mid, this one isn't a bad compromise.
From: Milosh, Glendale, AZ, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Multifilament, mid 50's

Comments: Bought the racket without demo to help with tennis elbow. Tech NRG 16 at 60#. Though fairly heavy on specs, the racket felt very light... perhaps too light for me...something about the racket felt like it wasn't 'substantial' enough. Perhaps this was because I was used to hitting with stiffer frames. I also felt it did not have any feel and had a funny sound when striking the ball-definitely not that lovely 'thwack' that you like to hear. The racket is very under-powered so if you are going to try it, suggest lower end of string tension. I think it was friendly on the arm. Overall, the racket was just not for me.
From: CJ, Dayton, OH, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 16
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: Hi. I started to like the PK Ionic Ki5 after having it re-strung at a lower tension than recommended. Strung now at 22kg/48.4lbs and it is great, that did the trick for me. Initially strung at 52lbs when purchased the racquet (lowest value of manufacturer's recommended range 52-68lbs) and it felt so surprisingly stiff and lacked of power that I was about select another racquet. Now I love this racquet, it feels soft, it has good power and control, plus after 6 months playing with it, it has kept those tennis elbow pains away.
From: Jordi, Barcelona, Spain, 11/10
String type and tension: 16G @22Kg (48.4lbs)
Headsize: MP

Comments: Normally play with the new Babolat Pure Drive GT. Wonderful stick but started getting tennis elbow. Decided to try the ProKennex Ionic Ki 5 because of its reputation for being a player's racket yet soft on the arm. I am a baseliner who likes to approach the net, can place serve, one-handed backhand. Color-way on the Ki 5 is cool, straight-beam. A lot of dead spots outside of the small sweet spot. Very low power on hits off the upper string bed (shots feel very dead in that area). You really need to have your own power because the racket offers little help. Somewhat disappointed in the comfort of the racket, but my arm was already hurt when I played the racket for the first time. This is a player's racket as advertised, but you really need to be precise with strokes because mishits are lost points. Overall, I'm not happy with this racket and will probably return to it.
From: RRT, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17

Comments: I went to this frame prior to having shoulder surgery back in December 08 and I was happy with it, but in my mind I never considered it as a full time frame. 1 1/2 years later I was still struggling to find a good players frame I could use day in, day out without inflaming my shoulder. I restrung MY KI5 that was sitting in my closet with 17G VS gut at 60# and rediscovered what a well rounded frame this really is. Great control, decent feel, great spin and on command power. I have been using this frame full time now for 3 weeks and I like it better every time I hit the court. My opponents see a new level of aggressive play they have not seen from me in quite a while and the biggest positive, absolutely no pain in my shoulder at all. Great stick. I may even try a poly Hybrid and see how that works out in it.
From: Basil J, Wakefield, MA. 10/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS Gut 17G at 60#

Comments: I switched to this racquet from the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick after having elbow problems. Apart from being a softer overall frame, the Ki 5 is much deader in the upper hoop than the PDR. Shots hit near the tip of the head that might have adequate pace and depth with the PDR, don't work nearly as well with this racket. I'm trying to compensate with a little lead tape at 10 and 2. Also, it seems harder to generate spin with groundstrokes but that may be because I have this racket strung a few pounds looser.

Comments: Hi TW staff, I'm interested in KI 5 or the 12.9 oz. version. I'm currently playing with Donnay pro 0ne OS at 12.1 oz. Which ProKennex should I try? Thanks!
From: Marcel, Gatineau, QC, Canada, 07/10
(Marcel, please contact our customer service line at 1-800-8-TENNIS, or e-mail info@tennis-warehouse for any questions regarding recommendations or ordering. Thanks--TW Staff)

Comments: Concerning tennis elbow problem, all I can tell from my own experience is that this racquet absolutely didn't help recovering from my injury. I didn't feel any improvement, even with vs team 1,25 string on it (24kg : around 53lbs). As it is a little bit stiff player's racquet I think the kinetic technology works well at higher tensions, but not so at lower tensions. So, I'll simply stay away from racquets that have stiffness above 61 RS with or without Kinetic system. The grip is also a little short for two backhanders. Other than that, the racquet plays wonderfully for those who can handle it. (Thanks to TW to make my English understandable (or almost);-)

Comments: This racquet probably salvaged my tennis career. I had a pretty bad case of golfer's elbow after a few months switching to a Wilson KBlade 98 strung with Luxilon Big Banger. I had to stop play for 4 months. Upon my return, I reverted to my 15 year old Wilson Pro Staff 5.8 Lite, but after hitting for an hour, I knew my condition would relapse. Using the KBlade was not an option either (I could have switched to a soft string, but I wanted maximize my chances). So, when I read the testimonies about the PK Ki5, I figured I had nothing to lose. I ordered it with a Wilson multifilament and have been playing without any pain since. The Ki5 has very good feel and I am able to hit with both power and finesse. It is more headlight than the KBlade 98, so I am able to generate more head speed on serves and ground strokes. The kinetic technology really help absorb shock on off-center hits, which allows you to get the ball over with decent pace, while preserving your arm. Volleys and sliced backhands are also noticeably improved. I just ordered my second one and figure I should be ok for the next 10 years! Kudos, ProKennex.
From: Bernard, St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada. 6/10
String type and tension: Wilson KGut Pro 16, 58 lbs

Comments: I demoed about 20 racquets. I bought 5G, 7G, Ki5 and Ki5-PSE. I like Ki5 the most, 5G the least. In terms of arm-comfort, the PSE is the best. However, it is so heavy I get tired easily.
From: charles, vancouver, bc, canada. 5/10
String type and tension: PSG Multi 16g mid-range

Comments: WOW!! I'm really impressed with my initial hit with this racquet ..... QC appears very good .... racquet presents a very nice 'feel' at contact .... serves are excellent, both power and direction ... volleys very nice and controlled ....groundstrokes precise and controlled. Don't believe you can ask for more out of a racquet. I used to play with a 7G a few years ago and am glad I decided to give Pro Kennex another go .... they have a winner in the Ki5.
From: Charlie, Atlanta, GA. 4/10
String type and tension: 17ga Gamma Asterisk @ 52

Comments: I played with a Head 93 in. racquet for a long time. I switched to a Ki-5 six months ago. The Ki-5 plays better than I could ever have expected. It provides sufficient power coupled with control. The racquet plays equally well at the net as from the baseline. I just turned 50 and felt it was time for a change. I am really glad I made the switch. The racquet speaks for itself.
From: Tom, Chicago, IL USA 01/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 @ 60 lbs
Headsize 100

Comments: Omg! what a helper. I love to hammer the ball, and play everyday, then develop TE like others. This racquet is good for someone that have arm problem. Tried every racquet there is in the market, but this racquet is amazing, solve my arm issue. Thanks Prokennex for making this racquet.
From: Yari, FL, USA 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane 18g at 56lbs

Comments: The Ki-5 has excellent feel and control, and is good for groundstrokes and volleying,. OK for serves. It feels lighter than the listed weight. I originally strung it at 58 and didn't get enough power on groundstrokes because I don't have a very fast swing. Then I restrung it at 52 and that made a huge difference.
From: Henry, San Francisco, CA 10/09
String type and tension:gut/multi hybrid

Comments: I just got this racket a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. Pros: This racket is incredibly soft on the arm its almost unnoticeable that you even just hit a ball, very good control and more power than I was expecting, all ground strokes are solid with this racket, on the serve I experienced more spin than I was used to which definitely helps my second serve. Cons: Can make a funny sound when making contact with the ball but put a dampener on it and it won't make a sound at all. At the net is this rackets major drawback, the racket seems very awkward and its side-to-side movements feel a little slow and heavy. I don't know if the kinetic technology only helps on forward movements, but at the net the technology is almost no help because the small bearing inside which are supposed to transfer more mass forward are completely useless and almost feel to be working against you, I asked my coach of a way to fix this and he said to add lead tape to the head. Indifferent: I am indifferent about this racket on my flat serve (100-105 mph) it didn't give me any noticeable increase in speed or power, but it didn't hurt my serve either so I'm completely indifferent about it. Overall: Great on the arm, good for serving, ground strokes, mediocre at the net. I was never one to go at the net anyways so its no big deal for me. This racket comes highly recommended for baselines, counter punchers, or anyone that has had a wrist, elbow, or shoulder injury.
From: Adam, Charlton, MA, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Co-Polyester, 58 Pounds
Headsize: Midsize

Comments: Has a very small sweet spot, and you cannot mis-hit it and expect it to go over. It is though, very comfortable on the arm, but you need to be able to generate your own power if you are to use this racket. Demo it and try it if you are a player who likes control over power.
From: Austin, Russellville, AL, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Touch turbo 16L/Gamma Gut 59/56lbs

Comments: With the original 5g smi as my current racket, I had high hopes for this one, but was not impressed. The first thing is that I felt this racket had no power...my shots came up short, and just didn't have any weight to them. This was a demo from TW, so maybe with change in stringing it would help, but I string my 5g's at the upper part of the tension range (TW strings demos at 2 lbs over midpoint), so I don't think that's it. Also very weak on serves, which has always been one of my strong points, my serves felt like they had nothing on them, never felt like a good solid hit. Just not a solid feeling racket in my opinion. However, I loved the PSE version (you can hit the bajesus out of the ball, and you've never seen a ball leap towards your opponent like that) and the Redondo, so I know PK still has a racket for me.
From: JD, Los Angeles 10/09
String type and tension: tennis warehouse demo

Comments: I've had surgery on my shoulder and elbow so needed a very comfortable player's racquet. My arm/shoulder feels great using this racquet and the control is excellent. The only problem was stability and I also wanted a slightly higher sweetspot. I corrected both by putting 6 grams of lead tape (total) at 3 & 9 o'clock and 2 & 10. I recommend this to Toby, UK who posted here earlier wanting greater stability. By my calculations the racquet is still 6pts head-light. I can't imagine ever switching away from this racquet.
From: Joel, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia, 09/09

Comments: I have play tested every available racquet with similar specs to the KI 5. Nothing even comes close to the comfort, control, and feel this racket provides. Whether or not you suffer from TE this is a great players frame. Just seems to do everything well. Thanks PK.
From: Glen, Florida, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 17 @ 54lbs

Comments: This is a solid racquet for baseline (backhand & forehand), volley, and serve. Good control and good pop to the shot. I bought this because I thought this racquet would be reduce the sore & after-played pain from my tennis elbow problem. I am getting use to this racquet especially on the forehand and all-round strokes are great with this racquet. But easy on the elbow, shoulder or arm? Feedback review from the others that I have read...I don't think so.
From: David, Houston, TX, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Natural Guts at 56lb
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: The Best PLAYERS racquet for Amateur Players. I played with several models from Dunlop to HEAD, Gamma, Wilson, Fischer, Volkl, Prince. In total 29 of them. All of these sticks have their own technology. But, nothing I could feel. Once, I made my first hit with PK Ki 5. I can feel the Kinetic Technology on my arm. It is so comfortable on elbow (I had Tennis Elbow before 2 years) and arm. I play with One handed BH. It generated lots of spin. You may string with poly and you wont feel any pin on elbow. But, it plays Great with Hyb. Settings at 52x54 Lbs. So my verdict... go back to the first line.
From: Sriraam, Orange County, CA, 4.0. 7/09

Comments: I just started having some elbow pain after just starting tennis last year at this time. I play lacrosse, golf, and basketball as well and I think they have all contributed to the pain. I read all the great reviews this racquet received and I looked all over for a demo but I was unable to find one. Finally I just ordered one blindly hoping that these reviews wouldn't steer me wrong and I just received my racquet earlier today and I was impressed! Before I got this racquet I played with a Prince Ozone Seven with MSV Focus Hex....and between the stiff racquet and the poly it was pretty tough on my arm. I just strung up my Ki 5 with Babolat Hurricane Pro, which is a poly, because it is what I had lying around. I was a little worried because, like the focus hex, it is pretty tough on the arm. I just got back from hitting for a few hours and my arm feels great! Having those stings in didn't affect anything except the awesome spin I was putting on the ball on groundstrokes, volleys , and serves! For such a great price, because of the cosmetic update, I think I'll have to order one or two more! Hope this review helps those of you who haven't been able to demo but are struggling with arm pain and are looking for a new racquet.
From: Scott, Lancaster PA, USA. 7/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro

Comments: Great racquet. Love the new cosmetics. The Ki5 has really good weight and a fairly tight 16x20 string pattern. Very maneuverable and provides plenty of "POP" on all shots. Also works well when returning big serves. Feels great on the arm as well.
From: Jorge, Hilton Head, SC, USA 06/09
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Hybrix Spin @ 58 lbs

Comments: I had tennis elbow so bad that I ended up with surgery and missed about a year of playing. Prior I had tested just about every brand name racquet there is- nothing helped. After coming back from surgery, I tried the PSE version of this racquet and it was too heavy; I then got the Ki 5 and thought it was a little too light. I experimented with some weight in the handle and voila! I have the perfect stick for me. I have strung it with 17g gut 3 pounds below mid and I have virtually no vibration, which equates to no elbow strain/pain. I am also playing my best tennis ever, probably because of the confidence have with this racquet. Great topspin; amazingly light feel and maneuverable due to the head light balance. Truly an amazing, and very underrated, racquet! PK should do a better job of advertising this racquet.
From: Kenny, Fort Lauderdale, Fl, USA. 4/09
String type and tension: Babolat VS gut 17 g 57#

Comments: I have played tennis since I was a child. Three years ago I bought a Head Liquidmetal and I began to suffer tennis elbow, a year before I changed to a Dunlop Aerogel 300, and the problems of my elbow didn't disappear at all. Finally I decided to buy a Pro Kennex kinetic ionic ki 5 after reading all the feedback on this web. With this racquet the tennis elbow disappeared completely. Moreover it is a racquet with a good power and excellent maneuverability on the net. Muchismo ben a raqueta.
From: Santiago, Lugo, Galicia, Spain. 3/09
String type and tension: Wilson sensation 22 kg

Comments: I have played with the Ki5 for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased with this racquet. I did a test before buy it, but the first time I hold it, I could feel the good sensation. I don't have tennis elbow problem, but decided to use anyway.
From: Sergio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
String type and tension: 60 lbs

Comments: Easily the most comfortable racket I've used - any others I try always provoke wrist or elbow pain which is annoying as I find this racket a bit underpowered for my style.I would like something a bit heavier and therefore more stable whilst remaining head light and easy on the arm - suggestions?
From: Toby, UK 2/09

Comments: After discovering that I will need shoulder surgery, I decided to try the KI5 to get me through until surgery day. Nice surprise. This is a nice player's frame that delivers excellent control, manageable power on demand on a headlight frame that is extremely comfortable. This frame really reminded me of the 200GMW for some reason, but with more access to spin. After 4 sets, no shoulder pain at all. I may stick with this frame even after surgery because it is an easy frame to use and is extremely comfortable. Nice Job PK!
From: Basil J, Boston, Mass. 12/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 60#

Comments: Really a top performing player's racquet! If you have tennis elbow problem, you do not need to look any further nor continuing playing with pain. I read the good reviews on this racquet; buy continued trying other racquets mainly because I did not like the 7G rattle feeling. Well, this is a very well made racquet; great mix of control, feel and power. Now I think I lost a lot of time (and went through a lot of pain) searching elsewhere. I tried many of more "recognized" brands. Know I have to admit that there was no reason to harm my elbow while this racquet is available. You can even string with a multi in the mid 60's without noticing any TE pain. From the playing standpoint, great serving, power, control, touch and feel racquet. I am really impressed and happy with my selection!
From: Rene, San Juan, PR, 12/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Mix and NGR2 @ 64lbs

Comments: It is true what they say about this racket being easy on your arm! I like to hit out from the baseline and I feel like I can swing hard and still keep the ball in. It's very stable on return of serve. At first I was concerned about it not having enough feel at the net and for approach shots, but as I've gotten use to it I've found a lot of control in my shots with this racket. I served five baskets about as hard as I can, and played five sets in the last three days, and my arm still feels great! Every other racket I've used I also strung at the bottom of the range and still had shoulder and forearm problems. I also tried it at 62lbs. with Wilson NXT and I played well, but I prefer Gosen 17 gauge at lower tensions. Great buy!
From: Paul, Nashville, TN, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: Gosen OG sheep micro 17 @ 54lbs.
Headsize: 100sq in.
NTRP Rating: 5.5-open

Comments: Been used to heavy racquets but have been searching for something slightly lighter and easier to maneuver as I've got older. Tried lots of different mid-weight racquets - but most had at least one weak area for my style of play. Tried the Ki 5 and it was a revelation. Power on demand, easy to swing, good for spin, pretty stable on volleys. In a way, it reminds me of a slightly lighter Volkl Tour 10 I used to use (and love) a few years back - doesn't excel at any one area but has no significant weakness - just lets you play to your abilities. It does make a strange noise when you hit at the tip, but no vibrations are transmitted to the hand or elbow and it plays nice and soft but retaining some feel at the same time. A really nice racquet.

Comments: Just an amazing racquet. Many people are drawn to ProKennex because they have gained the reputation as having "arm friendly" racquets. This is true, but my experience has been that I prefer the Ki5 over anything out there regardless of what it does to my arm and elbow. I played with a Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 for years when I was younger and I feel the Ki5 has similar control. I can generate my own power, but based on the other racquets I have demoed, the Ki5 feels more powerful than most to me. It is sold for volleys and does a nice job with serves. Personally, I don't see myself playing with anything else for some time.
From: JP, The Woodlands, TX, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Babolat VS @ 62 lbs.

Comments: I recently switched from Tecnifibre TFeel 305 to this stick. ProKennex Ki 5 is offering + 10 gsm and head light instead of even balance. It's easy to handle on nearly all kind of strokes, flat shots are a joy but the best on this racket is the great amount of control on serves. Volleys are good, too...really enjoyable tool!
From: Rene, Germany. 6/08
String type and tension: Oehms Co-Poly 3rd Gen True Grip 17

Comments: I had a bad shoulder pain that was caused by the new Wilson K Factor. It became so bad that I couldn't even sleep well. So I sold and went back to Head Liquidmetal Prestige. After playing for two months the pain decreased, but continued and I would feel it at least a couple of times while playing. The owner of the tennis shop told me about this racquet and I tried one out. It really is incredible. The pain just disappears. There is no more pain. The racquet is very control oriented and I had no problem switching. Actually my instructor told me that my shots improved
From: Alejandro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 10/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 55 lbs

Comments: I started having elbow problems when playing with my nsix-one 95, so I decided to demo some racquets to fix this problem. I tried the Fischer M-Speed No. 1, the Avery M3 Power, the Head Flexpoint Prestige, and this racquet, and this one was the only one that generated the same results as my previous racquet but without the side effects. This is a player's racquet that offers the easy feel of a more forgiving racquet without giving up performance.
From: Phil, Roanoke, VA, USA, 06/07
Headsize:100 sq. in.

Comments: Wow... this is a nugget! The weight is wonderfully balanced, no shock, no vibration, strung with gut @ 65 pounds gives that pop sound so coveted. I truly believe that this is the racquet professionals would choose if not sponsored by the "big three" or others.
From: George, Sacramento, CA 05/06
String type and tension: Tonic, 16g at 65 pounds.

Comments: I have spent approximately 4 weeks demoing various rackets. First, I demoed Prince Hornet and Shark. I developed significant arm pain within a week or so. There was no way I could play a whole season with those rackets. I would be sidelined with tennis elbow in no time. I began to search for a racket that would not punish my arm for hitting a winner. I demoed ProKennex Ki5, Volkl 9-V engine 16x 19, and Head Liquid Metal Instinct. I could tell within minutes of hitting with the Head LM Instinct that it was tennis elbow in the making. Next, the Volkl 9-V Engine felt ok on my already sore arm. However, I did not like the way I was striking the ball with it. Off center shot are not very forgiving and it seemed be dead when hit toward the top of the racket. Now for the good news, the ProKennex Ki5 felt great when I first picked it up. My groundstrokes were crisp and accurate. Serves had moderate pace and nice consistency. I would not classify this racket as an ace machine. That's not my game anyway. Volleys had nice touch. Very good all court racket that DOES live up to its claim as being "arm friendly". I ordered two of them today. Thank You ProKennex for saving my season, and allowing me to play without the constant nagging pain of tennis elbow! Anyone who has any arm / elbow problems should give this racket a test drive. Comes highly recommended.
From: Brian, Kingsport, TN 04/06
String type and tension:KLIP natural gut 17G
Headsize:100 sq. feet

Comments: The Ki 5 is a very different stick than the 7g, no question. For all the alleged improvements of the ionic technology, the old kinetics seem to provide a softer, more cushioned feel than any of the ionics I have tested. The Ki does, in addition to being somewhat stiffer, provide more stability but I prefer the 7g. I will now have to load up on 7gs to make sure I always have a few. I wish I had made the same call with the 5g PSE. Now that was a sweet stick.
From: John, Gainesville, FL 04/06
String type and tension: Gamma Fusion Plus 19

Comments: I played for years with the original black PK 5G. Then I got the updated 2001+ version (which despite what they say, is different) and now the ki 5. For my money, the original black model still has the sweetest feel. The ki has a crisper feel with a much lighter head. But with the right strings, the new ki is still a very nice feeling racket with better control than the original models. One definite improvement, the new ki makes much less noise as the tiny lead balls shift around in the head.
From: Martin, San Francisco, CA 04/06
String type and tension: Gamma livewire

Comments: I had been playing with a nSix-One 95 and had elbow pain towards the end of a match. After demoing the Kinetic ki 5 I bought one and am having more success with spin and accuracy. I also don't feel any pain or soreness when using the ki5.
From: Joel, Northfield, MN, USA 04/06

Comments: This is a GREAT racquet. I had used the ProKennex 5g Pro for several years. Two years ago I switch to a Head Liquid Metal to get more power but started having elbow pain because of the stiffness of the racquet. I recently purchased a ProKennex Ki 5 and have not had any elbow pain ever since. This racquet has a bit more power than the 5g and is a great all court racquet. I highly recommend this racquet even if you don't have elbow problems. It has a soft but solid feel and the racquet weight puts power behind the strokes. One of my favorite features is the amount of control you get. It has a nice sweet spot and off center hits do not transfer any vibration to the arm. My opponents say I am hitting a heavier ball with this racquet.
From: Scott, Raleigh, NC USA 02/06

Comments: I'm puzzled by the opposite reviews. I bought a Ki5 based on my experience w/ my PK5G and didn't like it. I thought it was too stiff. The TW reviews and some of these indicate it absorbs shock better, but I found it conducted buzziness more. I'm putting my Ki5 up for sale on the forums and going back to the PK5G :-(
From: Ken, Boston, MA, USA. 11/05
String type and tension: Klip Legend 17 @ 62lbs.

Comments: After suffering from elbow problems, I switched to the PK 5g about 5 years ago and got immediate relief. Just recently, I bought a PK Ionic 5g. The racquet has great feel, offers slightly more power than most players racquets and is very easy on the elbow and shoulder. Overall, this is a great racquet and an improvement over the classic 5g.NTRP Rating: 4.5
From:Tracy, Houston, Texas.
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 62lbs.

Comments: I absolutely love this racquet. I had to switch to this racquet after I had intense wrist pain which forced me out of the court for 2 months (Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3 made my wrist almost useless)..Started playing again with this racquet, I can feel the difference. It's very soft on my hands, has more than enough power for someone who is cautiously starting tennis after a 2 month layover. I slowly may have to increase the String tension (now @54 lbs) to get more control out of this racquet. Terrific buy, overall.
From:Girish, Dallas, Texas, USA
String type and tension: Klip Natural @54 lbs
Headsize:MP

Comments: I have been using 5G for a few years and wanted a new racket. I demoed the Pro Kennex Ki 5. I like it more than the 5G. It is softer on my elbow, more powerful. More topspin. Possibly, a bit less crisp than 5G with a softer feel. Overall definite improvement over the older 5G.
From:Alex, Boston, MA, USA 05/05
Headsize: MP

Comments: I was playing with a Mid size Prince TT graphite and having arm and wrist problems. I switched to this racquet and not only do my wrists and my shoulder feel better my game has improved dramatically. I love this maraca sounding racquet.
From: Adam, Smyrna, GA, USA. 04/05
String type and tension: Kirschabaum Competition @ 57lbs.
Headsize: Prince Graphite TT mid size.

Comments: My experience is so different, as are many PK enthusiast, that I wonder if the feedback that was so negative really involved a Ki5 racquet. Plays a lot like the longstanding and fantastic 5G racquet except in my opinion with a tad more power and even better protection for arm. Like the racquet a lot, though recently switched to Ki 10PSE for better spin potential.
From: Jim, Kalamazoo, MI, USA. 01/05