ProKennex Ionic Ki 30 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I left this racquet for other "holy grails" and all I got was injuries here and there. I just bought 1 and I will start all over again. I hope ProKennex won't stop making this. It's the best.

Comments: I have been playing for over 60 years and have had both shoulder and elbow problems. The Ki 30 has been dubbed as a "good fit for beginners and intermediates" -- it is more than that for us seniors. The Ki 30 has control, spin and power, and has kept me in the game.
From: Teekay, 7/13

Comments: I agree with Shawn. I have tried 15+ racquets and find this to be an excellent frame. It is well made and the Ionic works for me. I use Babolat VS 17 Team Gut at 60 lbs in one and Technifibre X-one biphase 17 at 60 lbs in the second frame. This covers damp weather and dry weather. Both strings work fantastically well with this frame. No arm or shoulder issues here. I have played the game pretty much all my life and now as a senior, I find this ProKennex gives me back the missing yard or two! Congrats ProKennex you are so under rated in the racquet game. I have no hesitation in recommending this racquet to all levels.
From: Daryl, 5/13

Comments: This racquet saved me from quitting tennis! My arm was so sore I couldn't even shift my car or pick up a coffee cup. After twelve hours of research on this website, I demoed about 15 other racquets. This one gives me so much power from the baseline and almost every serve goes in now. Very forgiving and comfortable racquet. I play about 5 times a week and am a 3.0 on three teams with little to no arm pain at all now and it is fantastic. I use the Wilson NXT Control 16 String at 56 pounds and love it.
From: Shawn, 4/13

Comments: Only played with it for one day so far, but it is very nice and comfortable. The generous power is controllable with topspin. The shock dampening system is excellent, but it is still nice to use a dampener to get rid of the "twang" sound. This racquet was very easy to string and looks to be a very well-made and high quality racquet.
From: Jack, 12/11

From: Jack, 11/11

Comments: I have been playing for a year and just developed tennis elbow after a 1 hour serving lesson. I desperately began to look for racquets that would offer the control and power that I had in my previous racquet with the added protection of my elbow. I knew the minute I began using this racquet as a demo that this was the one! Great control and easy to return serves. I am looking forward to getting mine!
From: Lisa, 10/10

Comments: I just returned to playing regular tennis after a 20-year absence due to neck problems. I started with a Head racquet and immediately developed tennis elbow. I switched to the Ki 30 after about a month and was able to play through 5 mo. of moderate tennis elbow and now have none. It's a comfortable racquet and easy to control once you get use to it. I don't think I will take a chance on playing with another racquet again. I would strongly recommend this racquet to all levels of players especially if they have elbow and/or shoulder problems.
From: Sue Rafferty RN, BSN. 5/10

Comments: This is an awesome racket. Once you get used to the power, it is very easy to generate enough spin to keep the balls in.
From: Carl, San Jose 12/09
String type and tension: Volkl Power Fiber 16, 58
NTRP Rating: 4.0c

Comments: The racquets Kinetic technology takes some getting used to. It feels like the racquet has been filled with bird shot. It took a couple hours to get used to the sound & feel of the beads moving around inside the frame. I think the Kinetic technology is a good idea however, ProKennex should use some sort of liquid instead of the beads. With that being said, this racquet improved my game in every area except my flat serve. It lacks the weight needed for big flat serves. But, I was still able to hit aces with no problem. My second serves were better however as topspin and racquet head speed were easy to produce. Topspin groundstrokes were easy to generate due to the racquets low swingweight and high level of maneuverability. I found this racquet to be very easy to hit with and play well. Overall I would say this racquet is a pleasure to hit with. It has maneuverability, a high level of controllable power and has improved my two most defensive shots; my backhand & 2nd serve. The only thing I didn't like about this racquet was that the pinging sound and vibration while hitting were a bit higher than with most new racquets I've played with recently. No, this racquet is not perfect however I will buy 2 as it is my new racquet of choice.
From: Jeff, Columbia, SC 08/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT, Mid

Comments: Great racket! I bought it from TW and also the Pro Kennex 7G but I find myself using this racket more often than the 7G. I strung it at 62lb with Klip Natural Gut, I think it might be too high and next time I will sting it at 59lb. I love this racket!
From: Abimanyu, Jakarta, Indonesia, 10/08
String type and tension: Klip Natural Gut 62lb

Comments: I have no idea why I don't see more players in the 3-4 rating class using this racquet. It's so versatile at the net without losing anything on serve and backcourt. And indeed, to me, it happened as it was advertised: you just dream where you want the ball to go and, poof!, by magic, it gets there. My serve improved dramatically using it as well as my backhand. The latter has to do with the easiness of properly positioning it in preparation of the stroke. The fact that it's easy on tendons and old (58) bones is a major plus!
From: Andrei, Vienna, VA, US. 9/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16, 60 lb

Comments: I think this racquet is great. I am a beginner and have tried several others before settling on this: Head Flexpoint 10 and Ti.5, Yonex Nano Speed RQ 8, Dunlop M Fil 700. This one is a clear winner for me. Lots of pop and control. Most importantly, easy on my elbow and shoulder, which didn't hurt after playing...finally.
From: Rich, Albuquerque, NM. 8/08
String type and tension: Gamma Revelation 17 @ 60lbs.

Comments: Love the racquet. I had initially bought the Ki 20 because I was concerned about developing tennis elbow, but I wasn't getting the depth on my groundstrokes due to my slow, compact swing. So I ordered this one, hoping the larger head size and loose tension would help...it did! I can now hit deep groundstrokes with good topspin even with my wimpy stroke. It's light weight and even balance makes for good net play. My girlfriend, who also had the Ki 20, switched to the Ki 30 because she likes the way this racquet gives her serves more pace. Oh, by the way...NO TENNIS ELBOW!!
From: Mark, Clarksville, MD, USA. 3/07
String type and tension: Pro Supex Poly Power Soft (17g) @ 52 Lbs

Comments: This is a very nice racquet. It took me awhile to tame the power; but if you have solid strokes with good follow through, this is an awesome racquet. I hit with a lot of forehand topspin and backhand slice. What has impressed me is that I can turn shots that were strictly defensive with other racquets, into offensive shots and even winners the Ki 30. It took me awhile to get my service game down; but once I settled in I improved all my shots. I added 4 grams in the handle and 1 gram each at the 3 and 9 position. I have it strung with Lux Ace 18 at 47lbs to avoid any elbow issues. The strings don't move and there's tons of power! The next time around I will probably string with LaserFibre Supreme 17 at around 65 lbs. It's hard to miss a ball with this racquet. If your follow through is solid and are looking for all the power you'll ever need, this is worth a try.
From: Lou, Coeur d 'Alene, ID 06/05