ProKennex Ionic Ki 20 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Got a Ki 20 after demo'ing 12 racquets and researching even more in looking for an arm friendly racquet. Liked every aspect of it. Yet, within the first hour of play, I noticed some black marks at the head of the racquet. At the second match a day later, I noticed more black marks on both sides and there is even a crack of the paint. Emailed Tennis Warehouse with photos. I was told such are cosmetic damages which could happen during the first time play and there is nothing they can do about it. Very disappointed on this aspect. I hope Pro Kennex will do something to improve the paint job on such an otherwise nice and expensive racquet.
From: Ping, 1/14

Comments: I like playing with this racquet, but have trouble recommending it. If I bought another one, I could use them as maracas. It sounds like there is sand inside the frame. I emailed ProKennex about it and they didn't respond. No customer support at all. Annoying sound constantly during play.
From: Randy, 11/13
Note from TW: Yes, actually ProKennex uses Kinetic particles that dampen frame vibration in their frames, which would be the sound you are speaking of.

Comments: Terrific racquet. Very light but still wonderful at the net. Lots of wrist snap and head speed with this one. Comfortable and great for someone who needs a little extra pop without losing control.
From: Dorie, 3/13

Comments: Between purchasing and the demos I've tried over the years my wife was about to leave me. Then I tried the K20 red. WOW! I'm 63 years old but using this racquet I went back in time fifteen years. I'm forty-eight now. Arm friendly, comfortable, very stable on off center shots, and with pop to boot I'm truly thrilled. The 9.3 oz. strung weight has allowed me much better wrist snap when serving and I'm getting 15 to 20% more first serves in. Brian at Tennis Warehouse told me five years ago that when you play with the racquet that's right for you, you will know it. And I do.
From: Jim, Ayrshire, IA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Gamma live wire x-p 17 strung at 60 lbs.

Comments: I'm a 3.5 player (just turned 60) who plays doubles 4-5 times a week. Recently, the muscles in my arm/shoulder were strained lifting heavy objects. After a two week layoff, I started to hit again with my K10, but my arm soreness came back. Thinking that a lighter/more powerful racquet might help, I demoed the K20, K15 and the K SQ. They were all good, but the combination of light weight and extra pop in the K20 (red)was perfect for me. PS. I bought the K10 because of tennis elbow from years of hitting with Wilson's (and maybe a little over - hitting) I have not had a problem with my elbow since going with the Kinetic!
From: John, Longmeadow, MA, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire, 63lbs.

Comments: I have used the Ki10 for the past 7 years roughly, loved that racket, never arm issues. Now I am a senior player(54) hanging onto my 4.5 rating(5.5 many years ago). I could never find anything better until now. The Ki20 is just fantastic. Power, control, and nice+ light. with good stability, does not feel flimsy even against big serving kids less than half my age. I can hit out with it and the ball does not fly, I've never been able to use a 110 sq. in. frame successfully but this one is different. I've tried many many rackets in the past few weeks, but this is the one. So glad to see Pro Kennex back up and running. This is a revolutionary frame in that it is so light but does not play like a light weight, and most importantly no arm issues at all.
From: Marshall, Edina, MN, USA 11/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16

Comments: I have the KI 20 PSE model and bought this new model to try as well. It is a lot lighter, and I prefer a heavier racket, so I put some lead tape under the grip to weigh it the same. It plays well, with volleys and especially serves, the only thing I did not like, was the return of serves with this lighter model...Seemed to not have the stability that the PSE has, but, if you like a lighter model and the regular KI 20, this is the racket for you...It is awesome for your elbow and shoulder! You can play for hours and have no pain.
From: Patty, Denver CO