Comments: I don't think you can beat the hybrid set up of poly and gut (strung either way). I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Luxilon and Babalot that would play as well, and this is it. I have played about 12 hours with these strings, and they are still playing great! There is some fraying on the gut which is to be expected and some tension loss, but its minimal, I am going to stick with these these strings. For this price they can't be beat!
From: Kelly. 6/12

Comments: I put this in my new Pure Storm Tour. I love this set up. Poly in the mains and gut crosses to soften it up. Moderate tension loss after about 2 hours. Has lasted about 10 hours so far, with some fraying, but still plays great. I'm not an expert, but I like this set up much better than the techno fiber NRG previously. I'm a 5.0 all court player.

Comments: Wow! I serve bombs with this! I've tried all the other top brands and this one is superb! Can't go wrong. I put the gut in mains at 50 lbs and poly in the crosses at 48 lbs. Get it!
From: Zack, 10/11

Comments: I strung this hybrid for a friend. Knock off about 10% for the polyester and normal tension for the gut in the crosses. Plays ok but the Klip gut is rather limp and low on natural coating compared to Babolat VS.
From: Bill, Everett, WA, USA. 2/09

Comments: I began using the ex-plosive 17 but found I was restringing too often despite it's wonderful performance. I use the 16 now and have not noticed a drop in my play although I realized it had to be strung a three pounds or more looser. I use gut crosses and string the Wilson tour 90 at 51 lbs.
From: Charles, Redlands, CA, USA, 10/07

Comments: This string is terrible. It has no feel and takes away all of the power. Do not expect much from this hybrid, because the k-boom mains are terrible. They are like plastic string.
From: Will, Richmond, VA, USA, 04/07

Comments: Got a set in my new Babolat Pure Drive last week and absolutely love it. I wanted to get a string that would play great but give me some durability and the X-Plosive was a great call. The gut provides excellent response off the ball and the k-boom gives me the added durability so I am not re-stringing all the time. I was a little worried about the k-boom making the racquet too stiff but it has played great. I highly recommend the X-Plosive and all the other Klip gut hybrids.
From: Wally, Reddings, NJ, USA. 2/04