Comments: I tried switching to the BLX Blade 98 but ended coming back to this one and buying some of the last racquets available. This racquet has the perfect amount of power, spin, and control. Slightly demanding but it pays off quite well.
From: Sachin, 4/12

Comments: Been playing with this racquet for over a year. Love the control this racquet gives. The tight string pattern really lets you place your shots. The weight gives the ball significant plow through, it's easy to hit balls deep and with accuracy. The weight also helps add speed to your serve. The only possible downsides I can think of is the handle not being available in a plus size (for two hand backhands) and the string pattern is a little tight, which adds control but removes a little access to spin. This lets you hit the ball flatter though (which is beneficial if you use too much spin), so the tradeoff is worth it. Definitely a must demo if you are looking for access to controlled power, and you naturally use a lot of spin on your own.
From: Steven, 4/12

Comments: Compare to my default racquet of Wilson K Pro Tour, this racquet has a lot more flex and it's a lot more powerful. I strung about 5 lbs tighter and still felt like using a racquet made of tofu. My serve is about 20 mph faster and it's tricky to get in but once in it is an ace! My volley is okay, it has very good touch. My baseline shots suffers because I constantly worry I'd hit out. I ended up hitting short balls. I think I can get used to it and adjust to it. But I warn people if you are coming off from K Pro, 6.1 etc., this is a more flexible racquet and has much more pop. If you need a bit of power, this might be for you.
String type and tension: Genesis Black Magic 17/Pro Supex Titan 16

Comments: This is a fantastic frame! I bought two of these from Tennis Warehouse to try out and then a third after I discovered I loved them. All weighed within a few grams of one another. I'm using Signum Poly Pro Hextreme at 56 lbs. I'm still getting lots of spin even with the one that has 16 gauge in it. There is extra control but still plenty of spin available from this 18x20. I bought these because I felt that I just couldn't get enough on my serve with my old faithful Head Liquid Metal 107s. It was hurting me in 4.5 Team Tennis. These did fix my problem. I'm serving better and more consistently than ever before. You do have to generate your own power with these frames but that's what I need for my style of play. These frames feel great on all shots and the cosmetics are awesome. Imagine my orange Hextreme in one. Get them while they're available.
From: Keith, 10/11
String type and tension: Signum Hextreme at 56 lbs.

Comments: This is an amazing racquet! Control is there, as well as spin although I think using a textured poly or co-poly would help even more. Also I would get a thinner gauge string to help with spin potential as well. All in all, I highly recommend this racquet!
From: Marcus, 8/11
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: The Wilson K Blade 98 is just what I was use to getting plus more. I used to use the Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 for 16 years. During that 16 years I tore my shoulder up producing my own power. I demoed and bought the Wilson K Blade 98 and no only did it relieve my shoulder of the pain I was having, I have the much needed pop I wasn't getting from the 6.1. My groundstrokes are feeling livelier. I have the same stiffness at net. Only thing I will have to do is concentrate on where I place my serves more because there is a little more give. This is a home run with the Wilson K Blade 98.
String type and tension: Gamma hybrid

Comments: This racquet has really improved my game and is a great players stick. There is precise control on all shots. However, you do need to generate your own power. It is stable with good plow through. A great racquet to improve your game with!
From: Wilson, 7/11
String type and tension: synethic gut 17, 58 lbs

Comments: I have used this racquet for about 2 years now and absolutely love it. I've always had trouble with control and hitting the ball very flat. I've strung at 64lbs (poly/syn hybrid) and I can throw my entire body weight behind the ball and hit with the same trajectory, keeping it well in court and not the back fence (as was the case with nearly all the modern Babolat racquets). Being more of a doubles player than a singles player, touch-play is so important to me and I think a good word to describe this racquet is "rigid", which I find so, so important for volleying. The racquet is not going to flex, bend or ping about the place, it just does exactly what you want it to, and if you time the sweet-spot the results are fantastic. Finally, it keeps my serve crisp and on point, doing about 118mph (on a good day), whilst still being responsive to spins on the second serve. Would highly recommend this racquet for more technically advanced players as opposed to beginners as you're not going to get much help from it, you have to generate all the pace.
From: James. 07/11

Comments: Just bought myself two of these from Tennis Warehouse. I strung them with a co-poly at 54 lbs and I must say, it is the the greatest racquet and it perfectly suits my game. I am a baseliner with good strokes, nice touch, and 1st serve that is over 100mph (possibly over 110mph now with this racquet). I get great control, spin, and decent power. You must generate the power on your own though, which is no problem because the racquet is built for the more advanced player. If you are looking for a racquet with good control, access to spin, and precision shot making, then, I strongly recommend this racquet.
From: Nick, Toronto, Canada, 7/11
String type and tension: Luxilon M2 Pro 54

Comments: I've been demoing this racquet for about a week now and was stunned at how it improved my game! The shots were flawless and didn't have any bumps when the ball hit. I definitely recommend this racquet for people looking to improve there game. I plan on buying this racquet for myself here soon.
From: Liz. 6/11

Comments: This is such an amazing racket! It has a similar feel to the Dunlop Biomimetic 300 Tour. Specs are also almost the same. I chose this over the Dunlop because of its price and stability. I can hit my groundstrokes with lots of spin in spite of the 18x20 string pattern. I'm very happy that I bought this stick. Also similar to the Head Radical Midplus, but this is more arm friendly than the Radical.
From: Don. 6/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 55 lbs

Comments: Three words: BEST RACKET EVER! I have never had so many wins with this racket. I can hit almost anything with this stick. I used to hate my backhand but ever since I used this racket, my backhands have improved. I can also hit my forehand hard without fear of the ball going out.
From: Mario, Caloocan, Philippines, 03/11
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow Core 17G strung at 58lbs

Comments: I got two of these. Wilson should really check with their quality control, the balance was off between the two frames. Both rackets are pretty awesome though. Love the weight and my groundies improved. I like the dead but solid string bed. I used to own a Babolat PD and I guess it was too lively for my taste.
From: Lyle, 01/11
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro 17G 55lbs

Comments: Not a very lively racket, feels "boardy," my forehands keep hitting the tape of the net. One must string this at the lower end of the tension range if you want a lively feel. My backhand improved a lot (I hit a double hander). I wish they had this in 16x19. 6 out of 10.
From: Ariel, 01/11
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro

Comments: Good control but no power. So for small guy not good.
From: Kev, Poksie, NY, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Luxilon BB Alu power

Comments: Extra 12 grams of lead at the handle fixed the flimsiness of this racket. Now my blades are perfect. I hit flat on both sides and the 18x20 string pattern helped a lot in controlling my shots. I don't recommend this for players who hit with extreme topspin though as the string pattern may be a problem.
From: Kenneth, 01/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Biphase 17G, 58lbs

Comments: I love this racket I just recently got a second one. I have had a lot of rackets but this is my favorite this is the best racket ever. It has helped a lot with my serve. I love it!!
From: Sam, San Antonio, TX, USA, 12/10

Comments: This racket has an incredible feel to it. Very solid and firm yet flexible, but not at all flimsy. Placement and control are awesome, this frame feels so accurate. Slices are so easy and effective with this frame. The only things I didn't like are: a somewhat low power level and too little spin potential from the 18x20 stringbed. I'm guessing that a 16x19 string pattern would fix both the power and spin problems, but probably also affect the super-accurate feel it get from this frame. The cosmetics on this frame are really simple and slick imo.
From: Anon, SoCal, 12/10

Comments: I Love this racquet. It has great control and a good amount of pop. I have been using it for about 1 year and am loving it. It has a good feel on volleys and plenty of control on serve. I am definitely going to stick with this racquet for a while.
From: Sebastian, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Head FXP 55lbs

Comments: I am 14 and I really like this racquet. I have been using it for about two years and it has contributed in making my game better and more consistent in a huge way. The racquet is forgiving and easy to control. However I am upgrading to a KBlade tour because I think I need a heavier racquet for I find the kblade 98 rattles on impact. I hope I have made a good choice.
From: Andre van Slooten, 09/10
String type and tension: unsure

Comments: This is the best racquet that I have ever had! It gives a lot of power and control as well. I switched from Prince and I don't regret it at all. It is also a good racquet if you play aggressively and have a big serve. Once again I love this racquet a lot and I recommend it to everyone. :)
From: Lid K, FL, USA, 09/10

Comments: I am curious as to why Tennis Warehouse does not use the manufacturers specs that are stamped directly on the racquet when listing, ie: weight? I find this very confusing.
From: Don, Manteca, CA, USA, 08/10
(Don, racquets are not always produced to manufacturer's specs, there are usually slight changes in specs between frames. We take a sample of what the manufacturer's send us, string them and spec them ourselves to give a better representation of what was produced opposed to what the manufacturer reports--TW Staff)

Comments: This is a versatile and control oriented racquet. You can place your serve and groundies with pinpoint precision. You can generate good pace by hitting through the ball, I found this out when my top spin one handed shots were falling short in the court. I love the slim beam that enhances touch and finesse shots. Heavy topspin is hard to generate because of the closed string bed. Hopefully Wilson will make a version with a 16/19 strings for better spin potential. Kudos to Tennis Warehouse for the racquet reviews and posting player's comments. This information helps players to make an intelligent choice in buying Tennis products. I have personally bought Racquets and other stuff from TW and the service is exemplary.
From: Bakthan, Anaheim, CA, USA, 08/10

Comments: I switched from a Pure Drive + to this racquet and I absolutely love it. It has a certain feel on the follow through that I have never come across. Even though it is less solid than my pure drive I feel the control compensated by the spin generated. It's especially great on my one-handed backhand which is more modern has more wrist movement. I feel like I have more time and can hit out with this racquet, it's wonderful.
From: Eli, 08/10
String type and tension: 56lbs Hybrid Luxilon/Synthetic
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I demoed this racket several times together with the 93 tour. The 98 generates more power but lacks the incredible control you get from the 93. The 98 seems to be perfect for a younger player entering the world of players racquets, but if you are a strong hitter and love playing difficult angles and volleys, buy the 93 tour.
From: Patrick, 08/10

Comments: Guys (and gals), give the K Blade 98 a try! I have been a loyal Wilson fan and have playing with the K Factor 95 (and its predecessors) for the past 10+ years. The K Blade 98 gives you a bit more power but given the very thin beam, maintains good control. The jump from 95 to 98 sq in gives you a noticeably bigger sweet spot. A very good balance of power and control
From: Marv, 08/10

Comments: When will Wilson make a blx version?
From: Ian, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 08/10
(Ian, we have not yet heard anything from Wilson about coming out with a BLX version of this racquet--TW Staff)

Comments: WOW WOW WOW!!! I had a feeling this racquet would be great, and it was. I've played with racquets that decent control and power, but this racquet had HIGH power and HIGH control! I have a pretty long and fast swing, so even though the racquet has some extra power it still has all of the control I could possibly need. At the same time, it was incredibly accurate from the baseline. I hit a lot of balls very close to the lines, and was confident that I could execute winners when I had the chance. I was a little worried that the tight string pattern wouldn't give me the spin I needed, but I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of spin I got. Serves were great too, lots of extra power. The kick serve took some time to dial in, but that was probably my own fault, and a different string setup would make it more familiar. Before I demoed this racquet I had a Babolat Pure Storm GT, but I tried this one because I heard it offered more power on groundstrokes and serves with the same control, and that was definitely true. There was one problem, however. My demo was strung with Luxilon, and it gave me tennis elbow. I'm thinking to maintain the control and spin I got from those strings but have more comfort, I could choose a softer co-poly like Volkl Cyclone. Overall, I definitely plan to purchase this racquet, as soon as I have the money :)
From: Brandon, Sacramento, CA, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power, unknown tension
Headsize: 98 sq. in
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racquet is the best I've ever hit with! You get an amazing feel in every shot, great power and very easy access to spin with a perfect control! Now I have a full control on my serves with the k blade 98. Before I got this one I was hitting with the aero pro drive, but the control was not so good as the kb98! EXCELLENT RACQUET!!! Great racquet for NTRP 4.0 + players.
From: Steve, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat synthetic gut 16

Comments:Very solid frame. Does everything well, especially serve; kicked serves very high. Impressive for an 18 mains frame. However, this racquet, to me, lacks feel. Every shot feels the same whether it's a hard flat forehand winner, a backhand slice or a soft topspin rally ball. Also, the balance is more even than headlight. Has a nice heavy feel to each shot but lacks touch as a result.
From: R2, Southern CA, USA, 05/10

Comments: This is exactly the racquet I needed. I switched from the Wilson NCode NSix-One Tour 90 because the NCode was too heavy to hit long rallies with (especially with a one handed backhand). Although, the NCode is an amazing racquet with tremendous precision I hated that I couldn't hit for long with it. So I switched. Luckily, I got my hands on the KBlade 98. I tried the KBlade 93 6 months prior, but found the swing weight demanding. And I also tried the BLX Tour (Henin's new racquet), which had great feel with the ball, but I couldn't "Go for it" with the tour. The KBlade 98 felt great from the start. Solid on the baseline rallies, volleys, and slices. I definitely have more power on the serves too. Not a bad looker, too. Now, if you really want to make this racquet your own, I suggest to fool around with some lead tape, different string combinations, and a different grip. I changed my grip to leather and added some lead tape because I noticed the racquet felt unstable when I hit off centered shots. But I recommend you demo it and DO NOT BE IN A HURRY TO BUY. Make sure it feels right in YOUR hands. Good Luck!
From: MD, NJ, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: M (Klip Legend 16) | C (Luxilon Big Banger Original 130) at 60lbs

Comments: I bought to of these racquets about a year ago, and this is probably the best racquet I've ever hit with. It lets you hit whatever kind of shots you want to hit. If you're looking for a versatile racquet that is at the tour level then this is a very good choice.
From: Faiz, USA. 5/10
String type and tension:Prince Lightning strung at 56 pounds.

Comments: I made a comment on this 10 months before saying that it was okay. As I kept playing with it, it felt lighter, so I put lead tape and felt much better. I had full Big Banger Rough before. Now I have a hybrid, and it feels so much better. Now I feel like I play better.
From: Michael, San Francisco, CA. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17 at 57 lbs, Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 16 at 62 lbs

Comments: I get nowhere near as much pop compared with the Pure Drive Roddick GT, but I actually got less control on serves and backhands with this racquet. Forehands are alright but didn't get nearly enough access for spin, but it did hit low. The PDRGT+ has a much better feel and definitely more access to spin and power. Serving with this racquet is a joke compared to the PDRGT+.
From: John, Chicago,IL,USA
String type and tension: Babolat VS natural gut/Pro hurricane Tour,61lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.5 (state ranked player)

Comments: I needed a racquet that provided more pop. I have found my racquet that has control and provides plenty of pace and spin. The Kblade 98 is a great racquet that I'm hoping will help me win matches at the Open level.
From: Gus, USA. 04/10
VS Gut/Luxilon 54Lbs

Comments: Amazing racquet. It really transformed my game. It has amazing feel around the net; as well as, amazing groundstrokes. It really tough to think of a downside to this racquet. It feels extremely solid on all ends. The headsize might be too large for someone desiring a higher measure of control but the headlight balance and weight certainly make up for it.
From: Sundeep. 4/10

Comments: Over the past 2 years I've used the Babolat pure storm, pure drive, and aeropro. All these racquets have cracked and I decided to go with a racquet that wasn't by Babolat. I chose the k blade and immediately noticed the amazing feel I got on this racquet. It had the power of the Babolat aero pro drive but with a whole lot more control. This racquet has given me a lot more confidence during matches compared to the Babolats. It also gives a good amount of spin as well.
From: Elliott, Rhinelander, WI. 4/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline 56

Comments: I've been trying out customizations on the KBlade 98 for about 2.5 months now and I think this racquet is now perfect for me. If I had to sum up this racquet in one sentence, I'd have to agree with Stef of London, UK - 06/09: The KBlade 98 is a "wonderful, versatile racquet and its defining characteristics are that it is incredibly forgiving and comfortable for a player's racquet." My first impressions upon demoing this racquet in stock form was how controlled, precise - yet crisply forgiving groundstrokes felt, and how much pop it could give on flat, first serves. I was amazed at how much heft and power it added to my flat first serves and also the zip it added to my second slice serves out wide. I also really liked that I was able to "hit-out" (or I guess "plow- through"?) more on my groundstrokes with this racquet without fear of balls sailing long. Put-away volleys were great, but reaction and touch volleys required a little more attention. Also, I found that I was not able to maneuver and react as quickly as I would have liked on the return of first serves. (Just as a background, I was switching from a Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Roddick at this point and was looking for a "non-tweener racquet" with similar specs and most importantly, a similar swing weight. I really liked the feel of the Pure Storm GT at that point and almost purchased it, but upon demoing it again for singles play, found the swing weight and overall weight too low for my liking....found the Pure Storm GT Tour too heavy.
From: anon. 03/10

Comments: This could be great choice for those who want improve their style & change their racquet up to 300 grams. Great forehands and slices wait for you with kBlade 98, but I found serves so hard to pass the net because of its heavier swingweight although the power and spin is great. Totally worth to try it !
From: Nima S, 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger Alu power, 56

Comments: I love this racket, I've tried and demoed quite a few rackets in a duration of three weeks (I was looking for a new racket after my season has ended and my current racket had met its days). Of all those rackets only the Wilson K-Factor was the perfect fit for me. It felt crisp when I hit the ball and I was addicted to its control. My volleys improved, my baseline is now fairly accurate, and my serves have a little bite to them now. ALL IN ALL, I would recommend this for any player that has basic knowledge of ball direction and seeks to improve their control.
From: Trinh, San Jose, CA, USA 02/10
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 18 String Natural Gut (Although Gosen is highly recommended as well)

Comments: Its a great racquet solid on the ground strokes and a on volleys it was very crisp for my feeling and the head size was great 98 sq inches was very forgiving but on severs you I could snap the wrist that much but overall its a great racquet!
From: anon. NZ 02/10
String type and tension: Wilson

Comments: This racquet is like a plank of wood when you don't find the middle, which is undesirable. But on the upside when you do, you have access to excellent spin and power with the precision needed. Great racquet and looks awesome with a white grip.
From: Nick, 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, 56lbs

Comments: Updating my review of 7/09, I have added 3 grams of lead tape at both 9 and 2, and dropped the string tension a bit. This has added bite, stability, and drive while sacrificing an acceptable level of mobility and touch. Comfort is outstanding and control is very good. In this configuration, the Kblade 98 is my all-time favorite frame. It works for all my shots.
From: Rob Cramer, LaGrange Park, IL, USA. 12/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17, 57 LBs

Comments: I just wanted to mention, I've had this racket for over a year and a half now, and, just due to my personality, I have demoed MANY other rackets of similar specs for the last few months and I simply cannot find a racket better than this one. It has its flaws but there is no overall better racket than a k blade 98. I even almost switched to a heavier midplus racket and bought one, but now I have to send It back because I just love my k blade.
From: James, NTRP Rating: 5.0 12/09

Comments: I don't even use a Wilson racquet but had to use this racquet at a contest for the fastest serve, I hit the serve at almost 110 mph. It also feels extremely comfortable. A great racquet in every department.
From: anon. 12/09

Comments: I want to do that a statement related to balance the racquet, which is given as 3 pts HL, but in reality it is 32.5 cm (6 pts HL). From my point of view considering that using this racket in February 2008 that is the best choice for an average player who wants to play or vary.
From: Petruc Ioan, 11/09
String type and tension: mains:Kirschbaum Spiky Shark 1.25(26 Kg), croses:MSV Spin Plus 1.30(25 Kg)

Comments: I have to say that this is one of the best racquets I have ever hit with. My forehands improved dramatically, and I can feel that I have just the right amount of control blended with power. This racquet also has a very great feel, and is very easy on the arm. This feels a little heavier than it should be though.
From: Alan, CA, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclones 58

Comments: I don't normally use a 98 sq. in. head, but I tried this racquet out because I know a lot of people hit with it and love it. I'm used to a more open string pattern, but from what I could tell it had pretty good access to spin and is a solid choice for baseliners. I am a net-rusher, and I was unimpressed with this racquet at net. It's not stable enough, but at only 11.1oz it's a good racquet for customizing with some lead tape if you're into that. Otherwise, I would suggest the HEAD YOUTEK Radical Midplus for an all court game. It BLOWS AWAY the KBlade 98 at the net.
From: Nikhil B., Indianapolis, IN. 10/09
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Spin mains, Tecnifibre X-One Biphase crosses
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: Really like this racket, although slightly underpowered. I have a good technique, yet still find myself hitting short against people who hit with good, consistent depth. This is by no means a bad racket, and I definitely recommend hitting with it, but beware its power levels, you definitely need your own supply. I have since moved on to the Babolat Pure Drive Standard Cortex, and loved it.
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code One, 60lbs

Comments: Brilliant racquet! Marvelous, outstanding! Certainly a racquet to try out. Great top spin, brilliant control, suitable for each and every shot of tennis. Services just pop out. This stick is really worth its price!
From: Sid. 09/09

Comments: I just love this racquet, can't stand playing with something else. Great control and placement, with enough top spin the never goes out, I'm an all-around player, I do everything from steady rallying at the baseline to aggressive serve and volley.
String type and tension:Gosen polylon 58 lbs

Comments: Very comfortable and pretty good power for these specs, but its light weight really gets pushed around in heavy hitting. Not terribly stable, as you'd expect for a racquet both light and relatively stiff. I think a recreational player has better options, such as the KPro Open which I enjoyed much more; a serious player could add some lead here but the stock swing weight is already about 325, and I found it difficult to get head speed with 6 grams on the head.
From: Mike, Montclair, NJ 08/09

Comments: Very good racquet for aggressive players. Not so stiff as K Blade Tour, and a bit lighter. While I've been using it, I got a lot more control, but I lost a bit of power. If you are looking for control in a light racquet, this is a good choice, but if you like soft and comfortable hits, this racquet is not for you. I strongly recommend this racquet only for aggressive players with fast swing.
From: Wiwi, 8/09
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut 58 lbs
NTRP Rating:4,5

Comments: I am playing with this wonderful racquet for one year now and I can say it is very suited for most advance steady players (4.0 - 5.5, depending of athletic skills and tennis experience). It will certainly help a Y generation with power and interest in the game as well as please a boomer who has integrated the fundamentals and plays a all-around type of game. Because this racquet can do it all. Power on first serve, spin and accuracy on the second. Control on hard balls, slices and volleys. Drive and spin attacking short or low balls on both hands. Serve and volley, chip and charge, drop shot, spin lob. Every thing you are able to do, the racquet will deliver. Then master it. But before, try many racquets and least twice, even with a bad feeling the first time. Be comfortable with the size of the head, the strings pattern, the sweet spot. If you can stand the racquet thrice, It is made for you.
From: L. R. Gagne, 8/09
String type and tension: Wilson K Gut Pro 17, 26 kg

Comments: I've had this racquet for roughly half a year by now, and the only complaint I have about it is the power level. Otherwise, it's perfect.
From: Jeffrey. 8/09
String tension: Mid

Comments: Great racquet but a little stiff for me...especially with my preferred string. I'm switching to a more flexible racquet but I've used this since January and it's won me a couple of tourneys and challenge matches. Best part of this racquet has to be the control on the volleys. I play competitive doubles as well as singles and I love this stick at the net. I'm an all- court player so I like to serve and volley or rip approach shots and the 98 has great control when I hit the ball flat within the baseline. Serves are good...but it hurts my arm after 3 sets and my game has suffered from it. I recommend this for someone who can produce their own power and who likes to come to the net and use heavy topspin or slice. btw...GO MURRAY! US Open is calling your name!
From: Jon, Tyler, Texas. 8/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @58lbs.

Comments: I own this racquet and I really like it. I had great control and its pretty much to me an all control racquet. Although it has great control I thought the only problem was that power wasn't enough. It was ok though because I have sort of a big body so I'm able to generate enough power but its a great racquet overall.
From: Tim, CA, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Babolat string 56lbs of tension

Comments: I've been playing for nearly 50 years with an all-court eastern/continental game. In all that time, my favorite racquet was the 'Pete Sampras' Pro Staff 85 with some lead on it. (I don't call it the "Original" because I remember at least one wooden "Pro Staff" - Jack Kramer variant). For the last few years, I've played with a Yonex RDS001. Again, I like it best with a fair amount of additional weight for stability and power. I never could find a more "modern" and/or lighter racquet with the combination of soft feel and control that I like. Lately, I've had to accept that I just don't have the vision and snap that I used to have, so I went looking for something to make up for that deficit. The KBlade 98 is the only racquet I've found that gives some of the feel of my old 85 with a little more - sweetspot, spin, power, comfort, maneuverability - while not giving away too much control. As a previous older commentator said, my good days are still good and my bad days are much better. I'm very happy with the KBlade 98.
From: Rob, LaGrange Park, IL, USA 07/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 or Wilson NXT 17 @ 59 lbs.

Comments: I had initially tried the KBlade Tour, but the weight was a little too much for me. The K Blade 98 was a perfect blend of weight, power, and control. I can now see why this is one of the best selling rackets from Wilson. It really does it all very well.
From: Glen, FL, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X One Biphase 17 @ 54 lbs

Comments: I'm an aggressive player who likes to serve and volley. I've been playing with the Wilson 6.1 frame more than 15 years, from the Pro Staff Classic 6.1 to the K Six One 95. I ordered the latter without demoing it a couple of years ago and never really liked it, it always seemed heavy on my hand (unlike its older sister HyperCarbon 6.1) and I couldn't find enough head speed, most notably on returns and volleys. I was a bit afraid of (what I thought) a "downgrade" to a lighter racquet such as the K Blade 98 but finally made up my mind and I'm 100% happy; you can notice less mass and stability from the baseline but, once you are used to it, racquet speed makes you more confident on any situation, especially when balls come very deep or very short. I miss the 6.1 a little bit on the serves (even though K Blade is very very good as well) but volleying with the K Blade 98 is an extraordinary experience; astonishing control, maximum confidence at the net. My arm was already tired after 1h30 hitting with my 350-360 gr K6.1 (including grip, vibration dampener and string); it's not the case anymore. K Blade 98, a rational choice for any top-level amateur that gets better and better as you approach the net.
From: Jaime, 07/09
String type and tension: Gamma TNT, 27 kgs

Comments: Amazing racquet, slices are easy to generate and can easily force opponent to make tough shots. I am able to generate a very nice backhand and my forehand has improved a lot, especially being aggressive with the ball and hitting on the rise. I can get the right amount of pop and generate spin for long rallies. Volleys are pretty clean and easy to put away. Sadly I broke both of mine, but bought 2 more and will have them in about a week.
From: Chris, California, USA 07/09
String type and tension: 60 lbs

Comments: The KBlade 98 is a wonderfully versatile racquet. I'd say that its defining characteristics are that it is incredibly forgiving and comfortable for a player's racquet - certainly much more so than the Radical MPs and nSix-Ones I used to play with. It's got a large sweet spot and a flexible feel, which means that you can still stay in a point even when you hit a little off-centre or a bit late. I feel that even when I have an off day but I can still play relatively well with the KBlade. It doesn't quite have the crispness and ultimate precision of more control-oriented players' racquets, but I personally think that's a worthwhile trade-off given how many more shots its forgiving nature allows you to make. I'd also echo some of the other comments about the power not being as high as you'd expect - you have to work relatively hard to generate power. But spin is plentiful for an 18X20 string pattern. I've added weight at 3 and 9 as well as a little bit at 12, which has increased the racquet's stability and plow through. Overall, this racquet is a very good compromise between control and playability aimed at players who find the more hardcore players' racquets a little too challenging for everyday use. But if you're looking for power, the Babolat Pure and Aero Drives might be more what you're looking for.
From: Stef, London, UK. 06/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre TGV - 53lbs

Comments: I've been using this for two months now, and this is the best racket I've ever hit with. My groundstrokes are more consistent, volleys are really good, but my serves are decent. Although the racket feels light, you still have to have full swings. It is also a very forgiving racket, and it has a lot of flex. Overall, this racket has a lot of control to play aggressively.
From: Michael, San Francisco, CA, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16, 57 lbs

Comments: This stick combines a maneuverable weight with a stiff, crispy and rock solid steady response with plenty of control. Serves are very accurate and the stick can produce a heavy ball off the strings. The cosmetics of the racquet are perfect as well, I feel like it suits the racquet well. I have it strung with Big Banger alu mains and 17-gauge gut in the crosses. It feels great but I'd like to have it strung with something softer like Tecnifibre biphase 17 for a smoother feel with better pocketing on volleys. I've never hit better slice shots than with this amazing racquet, sharp angles are great with the Blade98. This is the stick I've been waiting for since I started playing tennis, a very stiff, midplus racquet with 18 mains and a thin beam. Thanks Wilson, you rock. This is the best racquet for any player.
From: Daniel, Conroe, TX, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger alu power 16

Comments: I am a 4.5 all court player who used to play with the old prince triple threat warrior mid+. Needing a switch, I wanted a stick that would give me lots of control and a weight somewhere between 11 and 11.9oz (for maneuverability at the net, as I do like to come in). The review seemed to match so I tried it. All I have to say is WOW! Not only do I get control and maneuverability, my serve has gone from about 95 to 105! For players concerned about the lighter weight, this stick feels like a heavier racquet at contact. Volleys feel VERY solid and crisp. All in all the best stick I have ever hit with, which is why I bought one. And if you want to improve your game you will too.
From: Jamie, Dallas, TX, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu power rough

Comments: After years of staying away from Wilson frames this one is a winner, if you're an experienced player (4.5 or above). Very capable and user friendly all around the court, good pop and spin on serves solid from both sides from the base line and very good feel with touch on approaches and volleys. You must have a good game and bring your own power. But I'm married to the O3 speedport tour, but if I wanted to have an affair the KBlade would be nice to spend some time with.
From: EHH, Columbia, SC, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Klipper ultra/62psi
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I am making the switch from the NBlade to the KBlade 98. Kblade 98 improved a lot my game. I feel that it has more pop and easier to generate spin. My kick serves are absolutely amazing. Forehand and backhand (2-hander) felt very good with this racket, good amount of spin, and massive control. All in all, I am happy with the KBlade (for aggressive game) and, my NBlade as a back-up weapon.
From: Yasir Yet, 05/09
String type and tension: Ashaway Crossfire 17(55x52)

Comments: Great Racquet! I was looking in to buy a Kblade Tour but I was having some second thoughts because of the weight. So I looked into the Kblade 98 I bought one and my game has improved a lot. Feels a lot more solid than the Microgel Prestige. And the weight allows me to move the racquet around at the net without problems since I like to serve and volley more in singles and for doubles its great as well. It's like a racquet from god! The Design is also very sleek and is a attention grabber.
From: Gianni, Cerritos, CA, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Gosen Arammix @60Lbs
NTRP Rating: High school player

Comments: I have to say that I was quite disappointed with this stick. I expected a lot more of it since it was used by many pros and pretty popular, but I found it to be horrible. Barely any power, and when I tried to generate my own power it would sink long. I kept comparing it to my Babolat Aeropro Drive, and after about two times, there really was no comparison. I just could not get the feeling with this racquet. All in all, disappointing.
From: Nitin, East Meadow, NY, US
String type and tension: 55 lbs Prince Synthetic Duraflex 16

Comments: My decision for a new racquet came down to the Kblade 98 or Kblade Tour (93). I chose the 98 and could not be happier. The control I generate is unbelievable. Never before has a racquet given me such confidence in my ability. Although not the most powerful frame, if you generate your own power, then it will work for you regardless. I highly recommend this racquet.
From: John. 4/09
String type and tension:Gamma Syn 16g @ 56lbs

Comments: I demoed this racket about 2 weeks ago. I recently got it and my game has stepped up. Serves are absolutely amazing. Volleys are outstanding. The groundstrokes sail at first but then you get more used to the racket and you start driving them in. Deep shots always. All in all, great stick.
From: Dylan, Valdosta, GA, USA, 04/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane/Prince Lightning 61

Comments: I have hit with this racket a few times and needless to say, I'm switching to it. I play with a flexpoint prestige 98 right not, but I long for a racket that feels like an extension of my arm. This is what this racket delivers, an all-natural feel that will make you forget that you are holding a racket.
From: Nate, TX, USA, 04/09

Comments: A buddy of mine was demoing this racket and I tried it. It's sick! I used the head flexpoint instinct, but I wanted something more solid and a smaller head. I decided to go pick one of these up, and when I did, my game went up. I had a one-handed backhand, but after I bought this I was messing around at practice one day hitting a 2-hander and it felt great, so I switched. I can get more power on my serve, and stick volleys in the corners, and my forehand has truly become a weapon. If you wanna win, get this racket.
From: Matt, Fresno, CA, US. 04/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU power, 56 lbs.

Comments: I have been using this racket for 1 months and I thought that I must pay my respects to this racket and write a customer review on it. To start it all off this racket is very good for an all around player, whether your an aggressive baseliner or counter puncher to a serve and volley player. The dense string pattern gives the racket a lot of feel and is very helpful on touch on drop shots. Although I don't completely agree on the balance a little more weight on the throat would do the trick. the only con is that if you have 2 Wilson kblade 98s you sometimes would be able to feel a very small, slight difference in the swing weight.
From: Santiago, 4/09

Comments: I've tried out just about all of the rackets made in the past couple of years and if someone was to ask me a silly question like "which racket is the best" I would have not a moment of pause to answer "KBlade 98." It is basically a universal racket appealing to all types of players and styles of tennis. In every way it is a golden medium - it's head size, weight, balance, stringbed density. It is equally great for a beginner with it's modest static weight as it is for an advanced player with its surprisingly solid swingweight and whippy, aerodynamic feel (though off-center stability is only adequate). Serves are easy to control and power is easy to generate on flatter serves. Maneuverable and punchy feel at the net, with good feedback and easy low speed ball control (just get the strings right).
From: Anton V., NYC. 3/09
String type and tension: Super Smash 17g (poly), 61 lbs

Comments: My level of play with this racquet has gotten better and better of the last 6 months I've been using it. Though I have gotten better as a player, I think this racquet has become perfect for me. Though in stock form, it was great, but after customizing it, it felt even better. The weights for my Kblades are now 12.5oz with a leather grip. I think this racquet deserves a leather grip. Groundstrokes with this racquet are heavy, powerful, and have awesome control. I never fear of over- hitting with this stick. Volleys are crisp, accurate, and the racquet does have some good feel despite being a little stiff. Serves are excellent. I've never hit so many aces in my life. There is a lack of spin when going for kickers or slices but once you get used to it, you'll be fine. Slice stays very low and bites the court well. I would advise this racquet to all-courters or big serving baseline flat hitters. I don't think this racquet would be good for the extreme top-spinners. Overall great stick. Nothing I've ever hit with has come even slightly close to this.
From: Victor, Fayetteville, NC, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 @ 54

Comments: I got this racquet after my high school coach told me that I was moving up my game and chose the 98. When I got it that day, my whole game got stepped up. My forehand especially has grown stronger where I scare people not to go to the net anymore. This racquet gives you a whole lot of power. Now I'll get the 93 one in a month.
From: Marcos, Manteca, CA. USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Luxlion Big Banger and Babolat Gut@ 59lbs.

Comments: I am currently demoing the KBlade 98 right now. The feel is very solid and I serve great with it. This all seems really good, but the bad thing is that it doesn't seem to do well with touch shots. I use drops shots in my matches more than most other people, and I just couldn't get a feel for the ball. Also, you have to prepare very early and always do a full swing. I really liked the racket otherwise.
From: Daniel, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 2/09

Comments: Dave I have a suggestion for your problem, put a leather grip, by doing that you add about 6g changing the balance to more headlight. You will see how much more maneuverable and stable it will be. Have fun.
From: Jose, 2/09
String type and tension: MSV hex 1.10mm, 50/47
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: I just demoed this stick and it feels so good with my forehand and backhand swing and I can drive the ball deep without going out. I like this one better than my k6.1 tour, which is a little heavy for me.
From: Ian, Tampa, FL. 2/09
String type and tension: K 6.1 Tour; 55lb
NTRP Rating: ~3.5

Comments: At first this plays fantastic when timed correctly. After a while in match play, however, things start to look differently. Wilson came close to getting it perfect here except for the balance. It is not head light enough. This causes difficulty getting under the ball when returning as well as at the net. I can see how this stick appeals to some, it just wasn't for me.
From: David, Worcester, MA. 2/09

Comments: Forehand and backhand felt very good with this racket, good amount of spin, and massive control. It felt a little weak on serve for me. Kick serves were especially hard to hit well. After a string change to a polyester the serves were better. Great racket worth a try.
From: Robert. 2/09

Comments: This racket really does wonders. It really has a great feel and this is the most fun I have had with a racket. This really is a good upgrade for those who like the [K]Factor Line and do not want a too small head size. This is a good racket you do not want to pass up on.
From: Ash, Atlanta, GA. 2/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16, 58 LBS

Comments: Solid hitting frame, but generating spin more difficult with the 18/20 pattern. Previous stick is the Fischer Pro 98 SL, which is heavier and has 16/20 pattern. Wilson has issues with the weight variance on this stick. TW lists 11.1oz as the strung weight, Wilson shows 11.3. The demo I used (local) was 11.2 strung, and the one I purchased is 11.5oz. Played 4 times with this stick and the finish is coming of the throat area of the frame, and I take very good care of my racquets. (Little white specs everywhere) No big deal, but I wonder if it will be a white racquet in 6 months. I have switched back to my Fischers for now. The weights are exact in all 3. The K-Blade does have a very solid, controlled feel to it. Might just take a while to adjust.
From: ANON, Charlotte, NC. USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour/ 57#
NTRP Rating: 4.0/4.5

Comments: After demoing this stick for 2 days all I can say is wow I found way better control with this then my old and one still kept the same power I'm able to hit a lot more topspin and the ball wont fly way out very good choice for any intermediate + player.
From: Brandan, Florida. 1/09
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: My serve got noticeably better in every way and that's what counts for me when it comes to getting 2nd one.
From: Steve, Glendale, CA. 1/09
String type and tension: Signum 57lbs

Comments: This racket is great I'm demoing it now and I'm gonna buy it. It adds power to my serve and my serve is more consistent. Also when I'm hitting groundstrokes I can add topspin or make the ball flat fairly easily.
From: Simone, Norfolk, VA, USA. 1/09

Comments:I really love this stick. The weight and balance between power and control is just perfect for my game. I used to play with a heavier racket and was afraid that I would lose some power and stability. The racket really surprised me. Believe me, you really don't need any more power than this. Of course, if you have trouble with hitting 'clean' then this racket is obviously going to be too demanding for you. If you have a lousy technique, just don't blame the racket for it, but take some training. A great plus-point of this racket is its maneuverability: it allows you to react fast with good control. Topspin is no problem at all, but again, a great deal depends on your technique.
From: Tim, UK. 1/09

Comments: I've been demoing the Babolat Pure Drive Cortex and this Wilson KBlade 98 for the past 4 days. The Kblade has wonderful, amazing accuracy when hit correctly in the sweetspot, but tends to vibrate and shake if hit off-center. It is simply not as forgiving as the Babolat Pure Drive Cortex in this manner. The Kblade also doesn't have a lot of power, unless hit directly in the sweet spot. My arm grew tired after 1.5 hours of play with this racquet, but I'm probably going to get this because accuracy is very important in my game, as I tend to generate adequate power. I win points generally with accuracy, not with power. I may get a Babolat as a back-up racquet when I get tired and need a bit more power without the accuracy.
From: Michael, San Francisco, CA, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Demo

Comments: Great racquet overall except you have to generate the power on both groundstrokes and serves. Control is excellent and the dense string pattern is not a problem. The topspin produced by this racquet is not much but makes all shots more consistent.
From: Eli, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 16 @ 63lbs
Headsize:98sq in

Comments: This racquet has been a great tool for my game. This racquet has plenty of versatility and offers many players solid shots from all around the court. The forgiveness of the racquet is very nice. You have plenty of options with this frame. This racquet has great spin potential, even though it's well known for its control around the court. The maneuverability of this racquet is a plus. I feel like I can move anywhere on the court with speed. There are some racquets out there that are much heavier, but this one offers a better hit than they do. You hear about all of this heavy racquets, and how they are for the most advanced players. But if you really want to step up your game, this racquet is definitely one for you. I tried out the KBlade 93, but that racquet is quite challenging, and takes much more effort to hit the same kind of shot I can hit with the 98.

Comments:Last year I played with the N Six-One 95, but I had to change it for a N Pro Open because I caught tennis elbow. After a year, I needed something intermediate looking for more control. I discovered this stick and as I read in the comments, it`s a great racquet. Although, I miss the six one 95 series. I hope I will play with them again soon.
From: Diego, 12/08

Comments: I'm 16, about 5'11 and 175 pounds, so naturally I hit a harder ball than most players my age. I switched from a Babolat Pure drive (great stick by the way) to the kblade98 and all I can say is WOW! this is a great racket. I crank my first serve, and its percentage has gone up from around 50% to around 65-70%. The only thing i will say negatively about this racket is its volleys, not quite as crisp, but I guess that's the downside to a smaller headsize. overall the best stick I've used!
From: Ben, TN, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu rough mains/superspin crosses.

Comments: This racket felt like junk during my hitting experience. I played a 6.5-7.0 college player, with whom I usually can keep the ball in play forever, and everything was launched to the fence or floated into the net. No spin potential at all. After serving with the racket a stress fracture appeared on the throat. Not a solid racket. I'll stick with the Tour 90s or maybe try the kps88.
From: anon, usa. 12/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 55lbs.
NTRP Rating:6.0

Comments: This is a great stick if you get it strung at a tighter tension. I first got it strung at 54 with Stamina. The ball was flying out and I had no control. I couldn't really feel the ball, but when I got it strung at 57-58 I could generate my own power and get exceptional feel. Don't worry about hurting your arm because it is strung tighter.
From: Sai R, Pleasanton, CA, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Babolat

Comments: Just played with the 98, solid racket and great spin on serves and groundstrokes. As many have previously stated, I think it's important that the player can generate their own power to enjoy the full potential of this racket. Pin- point precision on groundstrokes, excellent.
From: Hugh, 11/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation, 60lbs

Comments: VERY arm friendly. Nice control, it has reigned in my forehand. Very maneuverable at the net. Bring your own power on the serve. Feels very even balanced, if you like a very head light racquet, look else ware. Looks cool, yea like that doesn't matter.
From: Ted, Chico, CA, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Sensation 15, 57lbs.

Comments: I have two...different weights and balances...don't buy this racquet without examining the sample. Quality control is apparently a problem with various Chinese made racquets...others I know have similar problems with other brands. The lighter of the two I have is pretty nice. Decent power and control with little shock.
From: Peter, NY, USA, 11/08

Comments: I demoed this racket and found the sweet spot 2 small and felt I could not go for my shots, but the control when I was volleying was amazing.
From: Angus, 11/08

Comments: Going from a "tweener" racquet to this beautiful player's racquet, has been an amazing experience. This perfectly sized 98 inch k blade has sooooo much feel. Drop shots and volleys have never been better. This racquet has enough power so during a rally you don't have to hit 2-3 "winners" to actually hit the ball past your opponent, it only takes one. The k blade 98 combines the perfect amount of feel and power and is definitely one of the best racquets out there.
From: Matt, Chicago, Illinois. 11/08

Comments: Not a bad racquet. First time I tried it, I had a lot of off-center hits because I realized that the throat is pretty lengthy, and I should give myself more room while hitting. Once I did that it was great. Liked the spin, but the only exception is that it is not very comfortable. I don't get a lot of feel as well. If you're an all-around player who doesn't care about comfort, definitely give this stick a try.
From: Daniel, East Meadow, NY. 11/08
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation

Comments: Awesome racquet! I love the pop and spin I can get on the ball, while keeping the control. Slicing is easier to put deep. Volleys come natural. This is a great racquet for an all around player.
From: James, Georgia, USA. 10/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Original 16

Comments:Every racket is like a musical instrument. It needs to be tuned well before it can play right, this racket is no different. The higher string density of this racket makes this point even more pronounced. The combination's of strings and string tension can make a racket feel like a board or a trampoline. You need find the right combination's before the racket feels right. For me, I found that 16 gauge Prince Problend with duraflex at 52lb tension made this racket sing. As with all rackets, you just need to find the right combination's of string and string tension. Other options could include lead, dampeners, etc.
From: Tony, USA, 10/08
String type and tension: Prince Problend at 52lb.

Comments: I tried kblade once while ago and hated it, then tried the Tour and loved but I wanted to give this one a shot before I spent the money for 2 racquets. At first couldn't hit my backhands but after 10 minute warm up I loved it like I loved my nblade when I got it in 06.
From: j, USA. 10/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 57lbs

Comments: Well I purchased both the 93 and 98 about 6 months ago and have been playing with both (93 at first and then 98). I did a bit of modifications to the 98 adding a bit more weigh to 9 and 3 to the point where it is only 3 pts head light. I have also tested different strings and I like Babolat Natural Gut 16L the most at 52lbs. My serve has always been good but now it is great with this stick. Groundstrokes and spin is generated with little effort. My only issue has been the net play with the 98 vs the 93. I found that the feel of the 93 is much better and has more control at the net. Over all I would suggest both of these rackets but you should demo both of them before making up your mind. It may take you a while to really give them a go.
From: Marko, 10/08
String type and tension: Babolat VS Touch 16 52lbs
Headsize: 93/98

Comments: At first I didn't like how this racquet felt, it was way too stiff, but after a couple of days using it, the strings got little bit looser and the feel changed completely. I'm hitting solid flat backhands and pretty deep forehands. Great stick, looking forward to get the second stick.
From: Rafael, 10/08
Headsize:98 sq/in

Comments: It's okay but feels like plastic. I love the 93 version of this and have to change from my nblade 98. I was told this is the same pretty much but I played with it and it feels like plastic.
From: Anon, USA. 10/08

Comments: I have been using this racquet for 6-7 months now, and I have to say it has been a great experience. I recommend this for power hitters who use spin, but I do not recommend this for flat hitters because the ball will fly on you if you slap it. Very good racquet, and volleys are crisp.

Comments: WOW! This racket is awesome you can really do a good serve with this stick and it is good for volleys too. But I have to tell the beginners this is not the stick for you, if you are a beginner you should try a [k]tour racket.
From: Harry, 10/08