ProKennex Ionic Ki 20 PSE Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: This racquet is magic. The spin that it generates is really unreal. I have always used a very heavy racquet. It feels really harsh to me being this light but some customizing should cure that. It is an easy racquet to play with for every shot. The extra length is a huge advantage for serving and no other racquet generates this much spin. I have been out rallying players like never before. It is very underrated.
From: Rob, 11/13

Comments: This is an update to my previous review. I hope they continue to make the ProKennex Ionic Ki 20 PSE Racquets. I love this frame and play at a 5.0 level. I customized it to 7 3/4 points headlight and 12.55 ounces. I add the weight at the top of the racquet and just above the grip. I don't add any weight on the sides of the frame. I use a 4 1/2 inch grip with 2 over grips. I think it is lifting my game to a 5.5 level and I am 46 years old. With 18g Babolat Pro Hurricane string at max tension. I have to wrap tape between the knuckle and first joint, of my ring and index fingers. But it gives me the best slice backhand in Chicago and a flat serve that can hurt people, which is good for 5 feet 8 inches tall.
From: Selles, 7/12
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18g @ 68 lbs

Comments: This is an update to my previous review. This is a big serving spin master's dream racquet. New specs: 32.6cm/ 7 3/4 points HL, 335.3g/ 11.82 ounces, one overgrip, 72 inches of 1/4 inch wide lead tape above grip (wrapped around) and 60 inches just above that, covered with 2 grip rubber bands.
From: Selles, 3/12

Comments: This racket is amazing. Just hit with this racket for the first time. I custom weighted it by wrapping a 36 inch by 1/4 inch piece of lead tape around the lower part of the throat of the racket, just above the grip. I cover it with the black kennex rubber band that is already there. With one over grip this makes the racket about 11.0 ounces heavy, and a hair under 5 points head light (1/8 of an inch is one point). I string it at 68 pounds and with poly string that is a little hard on the arm, it's not for everyone strung like that. You might want to try it with a softer string or lower tension. It makes every shot I hit better. I am clearly hitting the hardest serves I have ever hit and getting a higher percentage in. Give it a try.
From: Selles, 2/12

Comments: Once in a while you find a racket that suits your game perfectly and this one does for me. Very unusual combination of technical features on this racket. This is an oversize racket that you can actually have a full swing without hitting the ball to the moon, probably because of the thinner throat.
The head shape opens up the strings making top spin and nasty slices just as easy, but the surprise is the flat shots coming out of a great sweetspot pocket, basically placing the ball where you want it.
The extra length has added a kick serve that I never had before.
From: Luis, St. George, UT, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat natural gut/Luxilon Ace

Comments: I just demo this stick and it is quite a surprise, totally unexpected. I've been playing with Yonex RQS 9, which is a super racquet for a control type of game, but lately I been finding myself winning the first set and then losing the 2nd set probably due to lack of conditioning. I decided to have in my bag another stick with a bit more power and I think this is it! I demoed 12 different racquets and this one came on top.
From: Luis, St. George, UT, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat natural gut/Luxilon Ace

Comments: I've used different versions of 5gs all the way up to 30gs. My current stick is the 15pse. Ionic 20 has awesome control even though it's light. The sweet spot is pretty big. No arm problems. I could hit pretty hard serves with it and my groundies really benefited from the feel the racquet gave.
From: John, san mateo, ca. 3/10
String type and tension: Volkl 60

Comments: Excellent weight for an oversized racquet. No other oversize racquet even comes close to this one. Everything, I emphasize EVERYTHING, worked well. This is a great racquet. Congrats to Pro Kennex on making the perfect oversize tennis racquet. I'll be buying another for sure.
From: Dan, Nashville, TN 01/10
NTRP Rating: 4.0 Senior Doubles

Comments: I have the regular KI-20 PSE and just got this new model and WOW, what a great racket!!! Solid all the way around, especially volleys..Pro Kennex, you have made the dream of the Kinetic Series!!, and of course, no elbow pain whatsoever...
From: Patty, Denver CO USA 09/09