Comments: I just started using this racquet yesterday and the difference from the original Head Extreme MP 2008 was quite noticeable. With this racquet I got more pop and power than with the original one. I felt that I was playing better than before. I highly recommend this racquet if you are are considering an update from the old Extreme models.
From: Ulises, 10/12
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 16g @ 57lbs

Comments: I love the feel I get from this racquet. I'm a baseline player and it helps me generate lots of spin on the ball. I generate a lot of power and play with a tension of 60lbs, so the control I get from this stick is really appreciated. It's pretty stable on the volleys too but not very arm friendly on serving. All in all a brilliant racquet for all-court players and baseliners as well.
From: Harshit, 9/12
String type and tension: Solinco Outlast @ 60lbs

Comments: I love the spin and power from this racquet. It has helped me with my game and I've been winning a good bit since I bought this racquet. For the price, this is really awesome!
From: Bobby, 9/12
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro @ mid tension

Comments: It's a great racquet! I love its control, spin, and power. My game has improved a lot with it, and I have adapted playing more with more roll/spin shots from the back of the court. It's arm friendly as well. I felt some pain with my previous Wilson Team 95. I would highly recommend it and rate this 8/10.
From: Vishal, 9/12

Comments: I have a few of these sticks leaded up to 320g unstrung with a 320 balance. They are very solid frames with easy access to spin. They are powerful and definitely suit topspin players. I hit fairly flat but have adapted. I was a big fan of the first Microgel version in the Pro and find this to be a good fit for me. I will increase my tension next time so I can swing a tad more aggressive.
From: Mitchy, 8/12
String type and tension: Prince Beast XP mains / Prince Premier crosses @ 56 lbs

Comments: This Head racquet is great. I get what I need and don't get the extra vibration. I demoed so many frames (20 +). It was down to the Head Radical MP or the Babolat AeroPro Drive. I get great power on this frame. The frame is great for my groundstrokes and serves. My net game is not that good with this frame because I need a little more mass. I came from a Head MicroGEL Extreme and was really happy when I hit with this frame. All in all, its a baseliners best friend!
From: Spencer, 6/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Savage 16, 56 lbs

Comments: Definitely not an "arm-friendly" racquet. I've been playing with Babolat's AeroPro Drive since its first version (black finish? 5- 6 years?) and always felt very comfortable with it. It provided a lot of power and a decent amount of spin, but it lacked a bit of control. With this new Head Youtek IG Extreme MP all areas of my game improved, specially serves, volleys, returns and one-handed slice backhand. Forehands got much more control and "bite". (One-handed) topspin backhands improved as well, but only after small increase on swing's speed and length. The only complain about Head's Extreme MP (and this is major point for me) regards to comfort. It took me only 6 hours playing with it to develop an annoying pain on my wrist, elbow and shoulder. Up until now, this racquet still seem a bit uncomfortable and feels like a raw wooden stick (Head improved a lot on this area with the new IG system, but it is still way behind Babolat's Cortex). If you manage to adapt your muscles to support the extra-amount of vibration transfered to your arm, then it could be a great racquet, and definitely a technical improvement to your game!
From: Rodrigo, 5/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power, 16L, 55-57lbs

Comments: I have been using this racquet for more than a year now. This racquet has been the reason my game is as good as it is now. It has served me well, definitely really recommend this to everyone. My forehand has powerful topspin, solid backhand,solid volleys, and good touch. The only downside is that the frame is a bit too thick. Overall, I rate this a 10/10.
From: Ian, 5/12
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 54 lbs

Comments: I replaced my aged Head iRadical with the Youtek IG Extreme MP. It is strung with natural gut and Luxilon Big Banger ALU. The Big Banger strings felt stiff for the first few matches but once they settled in are great. This racquet provides great touch and is super on the backhand side. Every stroke is better, including the serve which has gotten more consistent with added pace. I needed a shoulder friendly racquet and this seems to fill that need as well. I do find that I am unexpectedly dumping some forehands into the net, but assume that is the result of the different weight and balance from the iRadical that I played with for so many years. This racquet is super!
String type and tension:17g Babolat Natural Gut-crosses; 17g Luxilon Big Banger ALU - Mains at 62lbs

Comments: Have played 2 months with it and it's really a great racquet! Provides excellent control and it's very maneuverable. Excellent choice for all around players.
From: Angel, 3/12

Comments: I changed my lighter PCT to Youtek Extreme IG MP. First few days I was disappointed and after 5 days things changed. Now I am getting single handed backhands easily. My serves are improved. Thanks to the new racquet.
From: Musthafa, 3/12

Comments: Love the Extreme IG MP -- best racquet I've ever owned. Demo'd about 20 frames -- from all sorts of mfgs. Came down to the Radical MP and Extreme MP. Just liked what seemed to be a little more maneuverability of the Extreme. Was concerned about the very high stiffness rating with my arm; however, I feel no pain -- even when playing without a vibe dampener. Did play with some 60-62 flex rating racquets in the demo-trials and immediately felt pain. Also played with other frames with nearly identical weight, balance, stiffness, etc. -- and each racquet played remarkably different. Moral: Take the spec ratings with a grain a salt. Also tried the Pro version of the Extreme, and to my surprise, thought it had too much uncontrolled power. The feel of the Extreme MP is very crisp, very precise, not powerful (a good think to me / I like to control it more and provide power as needed)... One can definitely amp up the groundstrokes and serves to blistering speeds, then turn around and precisely land a drop-shot with ease. Bought 2 and am working through a series of polys and synGuts. Polys really shine in this frame over SynGuts - more so than I've seen in other racquets. Seems to be 52-55# is just about perfect unless you're some beast with consistently ungodly stroke strength. Did notice about 6 grams of difference from the 2 frames that required some lead on the head to match the two frames... Suggest having TW balance a pair if you buy two+ ($10/racquet, I believe) -- or get a some lead tape and a balance board.
From: Martin, 2/12

Comments: The Extreme MP is much more versatile than the extreme pro, gives good topspin, lob is very good and gives me incredible control. This racquet as the pro is very rigid and only gave me powerful shots without control.
From: Juan, 1/12

Comments: It took me a few months to find this awesome weapon. I was playing with a Babolat Aero Storm GT for the last year but found the swingweight to heavy for my one handed backhand in the end. My challenge was to find a racquet with a low swingweight but it can still solid in the other aspect of the game. I demoed Dunlop Biomimetic 500 tour (a nice racquet but with a little over power), Dunlop Biomimetic 300 Tour (very nice feel but to small sweet spot and little underpowered), Head Youtek IG 300 (nice looking racquet but no power and to small sweet spot even if there is a 100 square inch surface and the feeling of a wood board when you hit the ball even with low tension string) and Boris Becker London (too much trampoline effect). I love the Head Youtek Extreme MP because the 100 square inch surface is great for top spin. Also at net, this racquet is very solid on impact. The slices are a dream with this racquet. For the groundstrokes, it is very nice too. For my one handed backhand this racquet is a dream and has helped me a lot. I can hit now those one handed backhands with more confidence than before. I think it is probably due to the balance of the racquet and the open string pattern. This racquet help me a lot to improve my game. I have also needed a little period of adaptation because the stiffness of the racquet. I found that a multifilament like Wilson NXT Tour 18 or 17 around 50 lbs gives the racquet a very nice feel. A hybrid string with a poly in the main and a multi in the cross is also a great mix. Since I play with this racquet I have naturally learned to be more fluid with my body and also my arm and wrist for the best result on baseline shot. So far my best racquet and I love the graphics and the handle shape of Head.
From: Gilles, 9/11

Comments: I first tried this racquet with a mix of Luxilon and some Head synthetic gut as a hybrid. My serve improved immediately, and the weight distribution was perfect for my one-handed backhand. But I just couldn't get the forehand to go over the net. It was just bizarre. I switched the crosses to natural Gut and it's the perfect racquet now. I have touch, power and control and the forehand cruises across the net effortlessly. I'm very satisfied.
From: Andreas, 8/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Mains (52) / Babolat Tonic Nat Gut (54)

Comments: I have been playing with the Babolat Pure Drive GT for 2 years (the best racquet I have ever played with so far). It's a great racquet but once I reached a higher level I started missing a little bit more control. In search of a racquet that could allow me to dictate play, and after testing Wilson BLX Pro Open (twist a lot in off center hits) and Babolat AeroPro Drive (lack of maneuverability) I tried out the Head IG Extreme. It is just perfect. Very Solid, with a perfect blend of weight and maneuverability. It maintains the same power level of the Babolat Pure Drive but with much more control. I will stay with this one now.
From: Wilton, 7/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast, 56 lbs.

Comments: This is an amazing racquet! I love the stability it provides and the amount of top-spin I can generate with it! Being arm friendly is another advantage. I can rip the ball hard from anywhere on the court or find angles using the extra spin it provides and I love volleying with it. It answered all the doubts I had when I tried Youtek Extreme MP. It has the same amount of power but in a more manageable way! I'm transitioning from Wilson K-Factor Six.One Team and Head's Youtek IG Extreme MP is my favorite racquet from now on!
From: Harshit. 07/11
String type and tension: Solinco-60lb

Comments: I switched from the original MP to the new one. The new one is longer and a little heavier. It took me a few times to get used to those differences, but now I love the feel. From the baseline I am getting more top spin and more control. I lost a little speed on serve, but have increased my spin. The biggest difference is at net my volleys are much crisper and controlled. Bottom line I was concerned with the different dimensions, but I have successfully made the switch.
From: Richard, New York, USA. 06/11

Comments: I had the original Extreme and a few months ago bought one of these new ones. The new racquet is better weighted and MUCH more stable and solid. It is a much bigger step forward than I had expected. All of my shots have more penetration and the racquet is still very easy to swing.
From: Michael. 6/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane mains with syn gut crosses at 57lbs

Comments: I absolutely love this racquet. I just switched from playing with the older model, the Microgel Extreme MP and this racquet compliments my all-round playstyle. The racquet has a really "crisp" feel to it compared to my Mircogel due to the stiffness being a lot higher.
From: Vincent. 5/11
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro @ 60 lbs

Comments: If you're a one-dimension power hitter, this isn't the racquet for you, go to any Wilson or Babolat. If you're an all court player, read on. This is the best racquet on the market, bar none. This Youtek technology is amazing; I can keep the ball on the strings forever for devastating drop shots, short angles and lobs. When I want to crank a serve, the power is there. I'm telling you, listen just once: Head has it going on; they're positioning their racquets for the return of the all court game. I hope Fed and Roddick read this, get rid of the Babs!
From: Jake, Boise, ID, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger, 54
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I changed from Youtek Extreme MP to Youtek IG Extreme MP because of the extra-length of the old version. I think for one-handed backhand the standard-length of the new version is better. The new version is also about 5g heavier and stiffer and has very much power. It feels different to the old version.
From: Josef, Austria, 02/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Tornado, 26/25kg

Comments: I'm REALLY disappointed with this racquet. I just switched after playing with the three previous versions. I was really excited about Youtek IG aiming at getting an updated and better version; however, The first day I hit with the new stick, I found that my groundies were actually far out of control. I tried it for 20 days and could not get used to it. I did not find a way figuring out the serve as I lost a little pop. I warn you to demo this version before buying it. BTW, I sold both rackets today and I'm coming back to Extreme Youtek...I missed you, baby!!
From: Marcos, Brasilia-DF, Brazil, 02/11